Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Presumably you mean none that aren't duplicates? Because 10-pulls are supposed to guarantee a 3*+ Servant.

Yeah sorry. The 1 redeeming point is 2x 3* Cuchu, so he'll be maxed out on NP I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just added my info to the sheet. Still working on buffing my heroes to make them more useful but my team is starting to take shape.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

90 quartz and just a kaleidoscope and a bunch of 4* CEs

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

I meant CE's. I have at least 1 of every CE, barring the bond CE's. I have to literally stop myself from spending even more money trying to get Gil. Right now I can buy two more of the 80 dollar Saint Quartz package before I seriously need to call it quits, and I'm finding it really hard. My problem is (besides the gambling problem) I only really want a handful of Servants total right now. Scathach, Gil, Iskander, King Hassan, maybe Jeanne Alter, Merlin, and maybe Saber Lancelot. I don't care about anything else, so if it's something besides those Servants, I can easily just hold onto my quartz. But if it IS those few, then it's like my brain goes "What are you hoarding those quartz for if not this? BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Reasoning is telling me that there will always be another Gil rate up, and I can save my quartz until then, the gambling addict in me is screaming at me to splurge it all.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Dude Gil will come back another 2 times, don't waste your money this early.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It IS better to get gil at later rate up because more of those op servant will be available by then and you could get them during the roll.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

O, hi Gil.

Got him, lancer Cu and another Martha on the first ten pull.

This poo poo is addictive, drat it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh good, my next ten pull I got Gil. Now I can quit for now. A little under 400 dollars spent, not bad. As long as Scathach isn't released any time soon, I can recuperate and hoard. She should be released in about four months time, if we really are following the release schedule of Japan. Thank God.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Translation time =/ creation + design + voice acting + script development + implementation

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK I really like Gil but not that much god drat.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Gologle posted:

Oh good, my next ten pull I got Gil. Now I can quit for now. A little under 400 dollars spent, not bad. As long as Scathach isn't released any time soon, I can recuperate and hoard. She should be released in about four months time, if we really are following the release schedule of Japan. Thank God.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Realistically looking for Atlante and Lancelot, so far only notables have been gem magic Ce and my first Mephisto (may just burn the fucker) and enough Lu Bu to max NP.

After 9 tickets and 3-10 pulls, also got Limited Zero over and Holy Shroud of Magdeline as well as my first regular Cu. Not great, but not unexpected. Less Black keys than expected though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gologle posted:

:stare:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

I, for one, am glad F/GO is doing well in the west.

(Also I'm happy you finally got Gil)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For the love of sweet fancy moses if you have a gambling problem and know you have a gambling problem do not play gacha mobages. Especially not one with rates as complete dogshit as FGO.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Wait you're not Gil. Shoot.

I think I'm good on Sabers, gacha.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

If you only knew how much money some of us have put into Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle.. They recently did an anniversary thing where you got a free pull for every multi-summon you'd ever done and it was easy to trace back how much real world money that equated to. It was pretty heartbreaking.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh I did get two Fat Caesars finally, so at least I now finally have some kind of solution at Saber that's not Saber Lily. So that's cool.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Jesus gently caress I haven't seen spending like that on a game in awhile. Anyone want an account with Vlad, seal designation, imaginary element, atalante, sieg, Marie, divine banquet + other 4 ces?
I also used the pick for herc, and advanced to the end of Fuyuki.

ga8RVyHJNG
Pw: goon

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
At least I can help keep this game running. I know I have a problem, but as long as it's focused in extremely specific ways and I don't care about waifus, then it's manageable.

EDIT: However, if they accelerate the release dates too much then I might actually break down sobbing, because my whole flimsy rationale behind spending so much is that I can recover more than enough for the next time one of my desired pulls comes around. Like, if they released Scathach and Iskander back to back after this that's too much.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 6, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

At least I can help keep this game running. I know I have a problem, but as long as it's focused in extremely specific ways and I don't care about waifus, then it's manageable.

Evidently you care more about husbandos ;) It's ok, Gil is dreamy. I wish you Scathach in fewer rolls.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah so while we're on the subject of the gacha; the one in this game is an endless trap right? It isn't like PAD godfests where if you want an average pantheon god and save for it there is an actual reasonable chance you can pull your desired* card? It's total crap and always will be and banners are a total illusion to get you to throw down real money?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I was gonna roll a bit more (7 summon tickets + 2 ten rolls) but after reading this thread...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, on reddit, there's this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6lkmpu/reasons_behind_mash_over_mashu_and_elisabeth_over/

Apparently it's to explain some of the spellings used in the localization.

quote:

Regarding Mash

He says the source for Mash is from the Bible, Genesis 10:23 "The sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether, and Mash." According to him, this Mash fellow settled in a place called Chaldea... a familiar name.

Historically speaking, Chaldea was a nation in Mesopotamia that was later assimilated by Babylonia. And since Mashu was created by the same-named Chaldea Security Organization... A cursory google search reveals that Bible Mash did seem to have settled in historical Mesopotamia but I couldn't really find anything relating Bible Mash to historical Chaldea specifically. An alternative form of Mash is Meshech. So I suppose it could've been worse.

Regarding Elisabeth

According to the localization producer, Elisabeth Bathory is the German version of Elizabeth Bathory. And the German version of her name is the commonly used spelling in Japan due to the period of time when Germany occupied Hungary and Japan's relationship with Germany around WWII. So when they ported to English, they kept it like that.

All this so far is 'eh, whatever.'

And then we get this regarding their choice of Agatorum over Airgetlám.

quote:

Regarding Agatorum

The producer stated that he did in fact know that the correct Celtic spelling for the subtitle of the Sixth Order Camelot was Airgetlám. But he chose to use Agatoram for the trailer. I had no idea what he was talking about so I'll just transcribe mostly verbatim what he said:

Producer: "The name, the subtitle for Chapter Six. Agatoram the Shining. Why did I use that term instead of the actual Celtic spelling of 'A-i-r-g-e-t-l-a-m'.' For Chapter 6 why did I choose the fake (air quotes) spelling actually over the right spelling? So Agatoram, Agatoram that term is actually a common mis-romanization of the same Celtic term the 'Silver Right Arm of Nuada.' Why did I pick the wrong one? Well, well first of all Japan used the wrong one already and I actually kinda got stuck with it, but, another reason why I actually didn't bother to contest it and say 'Hey, can we use this one?' is because, think about this term in Chapter 6... So at the end of Chapter 6 you actually find out what that term is, what that term is, is that really the Silver Arm of Nuada?"

Audience mob: "Nani?"

Producer: "So for Chapter 6 the reason why I subtitled it that way, think about the meaning behind that term, think about how it plays into the story, is it really that thing? Tsk tsk."

And... uh... :confused:

Direct link to the QnA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_TJ2j-0TU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Gologle posted:

EDIT: However, if they accelerate the release dates too much then I might actually break down sobbing, because my whole flimsy rationale behind spending so much is that I can recover more than enough for the next time one of my desired pulls comes around. Like, if they released Scathach and Iskander back to back after this that's too much.

you're that one guy everyone thinks about when they think of gacha games

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

Yeah so while we're on the subject of the gacha; the one in this game is an endless trap right? It isn't like PAD godfests where if you want an average pantheon god and save for it there is an actual reasonable chance you can pull your desired* card? It's total crap and always will be and banners are a total illusion to get you to throw down real money?

It's very mediocre and inconsistent. You might have seen some people rolling 2 x 5* + 1+ 5* CE on their free post tutorial pull while others rolled nothing remotely useful for 20+ rerolls.

A big part of the account sales market in JPN is absolutely due to how lovely it can be. In several months if the game does well, I expect the same will happen. Spend 5-10$ and get the 2-3 SSR you want. Mostly why some people rerolled like crazy to get Waver, Jeanne, etc... at the beginning so they knew they wouldn't exacerbate their self-loathing later on.

Also, if anyone wants an Elizabeth, Jeanne, Stheno, Robin Hood (4* ticket unused) -- Prisma Cosmos, Imaginary around, 2x Angel Song:

STxMevAt8d Fate

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 6, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Not sure whether to ticket Herc or EMIYA. On one hand Herc strong, on the other EMIYA is cool and good for events and someone I want to get as a character.

There are always friend Hercs, right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gologle posted:

I'm in the same boat as you. I spend, but no more than I can afford. I'm getting enjoyment from a game, so I spend money on it. I could be spending the money on drugs or useless addons for my car or antique clocks or some other stupid nonsense.

Also, if not for whales like us, THIS GAME WOULDN'T EXIST. So you goons should be thanking us, not ridiculing us.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thanks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

New Leaf posted:

Also, if not for whales like us, THIS GAME WOULDN'T EXIST. So you goons should be thanking us, not ridiculing us.

This game existed without you for two years and it's going to continue doing so. Not that I care how much you spend, but shut up.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I'm in the same boat as you. I spend, but no more than I can afford. I'm getting enjoyment from a game, so I spend money on it. I could be spending the money on drugs or useless addons for my car or antique clocks or some other stupid nonsense.

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mobage FTW.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Captain Baal posted:

This game existed without you for two years and it's going to continue doing so. Not that I care how much you spend, but shut up.

I think that was just a cheeky comment. idk why you have to get so mad brah

I appreciate them whales, especially those that ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just think, you could be donating all that money to charity.👼

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Baal, put this link in OP

http://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/national-helpline-1-800-522-4700/

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

I appreciate them whales, especially those that ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST.
I've got someone on my friends list with a level 60 Herc that has pretty much solo-carried me through this entire loving game and all the event missions. :cheers:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hahahaha

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Money spent - one buck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you whales do realize that you could just wait a couple months then buy an account with every 5* you want for like 20 bucks, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over forums.. :emo: