Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

does this mean we finally get playable octolings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaethela posted:

What? No!

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Kaethela posted:

Nintendo loves us, but not that much.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

dragon enthusiast posted:

p cool of nintendo to make marina, a species constantly targeted by institutionalized racism in Squid Lore, a person of color

Mmmm, while I can't disagree I'm not reading too much into it yet. With her in a prominent role I'm wondering just what we're going to accomplish in the single player mode.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zolthorg posted:

Cake is objectively superior and going to be loving buried because of Marina
i'll stick to my principle of losing every Splatfest because I actually pick what I like

It's going to get buried, because cake objectively sucks in comparison to the sweet treat that is ice cream.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why do you want a literal :3: emote to die

I don't want her to die. Inklings just have certain views about octolings.

Edit: also team cake.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Japan have their own theme that they nicked from the EU Splatfest years ago.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Miyamoto clearly has a thing for toad-faced characters.

#RetweetTheKallie

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Onean posted:

My holy poo poo ability was the roll dodger or whatever they called it. That seems sweet.

I'm gonna roll to my death so much!

Edit: Brush footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffK1_X160DA&t=1888s

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 6, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A preview for a track from Off the Hook, though not the one from the direct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6kmP9zNflE

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Holy poo poo, they really fleshed this game out with a ton of quality of life improvements. Hype.

e; Miiverse functionally added back in, yesssss.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, that was actually confirmed during an interview back during E3.

Edit: It's not the Miiverse, or the Switch's version of it, though, just a thing for Splatoon 2.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Okay, yeeeeeeah. It really does seem like they improved absolutely everything from Splatoon and I am loving hyped.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Onean posted:

A preview for a track from Off the Hook, though not the one from the direct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6kmP9zNflE

hell yes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

dragon enthusiast posted:

p cool of nintendo to make marina, a species constantly targeted by institutionalized racism in Squid Lore, a person of color

but but she's one of the good ones. Not like those other Octarians. She's also an entertainer.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
...Honestly?

On a more constructive point, has there been any actual figures for splatoon? Nenoroids, Figma, that sort?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Takoluka posted:

It's going to get buried, because cake objectively sucks in comparison to the sweet treat that is ice cream.

What about...

ice cream cake?!

(Also I'm with you on Team Ice Cream.)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Silver Falcon posted:

What about...

ice cream cake?!

(Also I'm with you on Team Ice Cream.)

Ice cream cake was Team Ice Cream fixing an abomination.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I love Pearl and Marina holy poo poo they're both great. This game is going to be so good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ConanThe3rd posted:

...Honestly?

On a more constructive point, has there been any actual figures for splatoon? Nenoroids, Figma, that sort?

amiibo exist for Callie and Marie, along with regular Boy/Girl Inklings.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Stay off the hook, thread

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I am so ridiculously hyped for splatoon 2 more so than I thought was possible. When I saw that bubble wand and the inclusion of player art work again.. wow. GOTY all years. Now I just need a squid squad.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My favorite thing about Splatfest is how it takes mundane questions like cake or ice cream and turns the answers into a line in the sand where the other side is digesting horrible fucks that need to be destroyed. Example would be anyone on Team Cake

Also any word game n when we can get the phone app?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also any word game n when we can get the phone app?

Sometime around the moment Splatoon 2 is released.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
That reminds me: Was this posted before?

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Splatoon-2-1173295.html

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Team ice cream. Even cake knows it's best form is ice cream.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if the drawings for the splatfest are gonna have a centralized theme now.

Pearls choices always have a lil squid in them and Marina's seems to have a little octopus.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Every Splatfest is now a foregone conclusion because they didn't maintain the design symmetry of the hosts. You can't make one host a bratty little gremlin and the other one a tall drink of water and expect even results!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

Every Splatfest is now a foregone conclusion because they didn't maintain the design symmetry of the hosts. You can't make one host a bratty little gremlin and the other one a tall drink of water and expect even results!

Yeah, I don't think the hosts should be representative of a side if it means everyone will always just pick the non-brat option!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Pearl is not bratty, she's just sassy. :mad:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Pearl may as well be hopping up and down screaming HELLO FELLOW KIDS I HEARD YOU LIKE THE HIP HOPS

Marina forever.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Well, if people actually voted for the subject instead of the host, as Squid God intended, it wouldn't matter that Marina is objectively superior to Pearl, now would it? :colbert: Only yourselves to blame.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Everything about this looks great :allears:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Oh please, Marina is your typical demure exotic non-person that infantile men like to romanticize about. "Oh, oh, she's more to our taste, unlike Pearl, who is a bitch like all the other squidgirls", grunt the virgin losers in unison.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I will reserve judgement until i find out which one is on team ice cream.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So other than the hori adapter anyone got a good solution to having both voice and game audio running through a headset without setting my computer up as an audio hub? I found stuff that will splice your phone audio in but they're almost all included with overpriced gaming headsets and I don't think they send voice back up to the phone.

Ohtsam fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 6, 2017

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Tengames posted:

I will reserve judgement until i find out which one is on team ice cream.

Marina is green. Pearl is purple. And the splatfest picture had ice cream as green so i'm assuming Marina is on team Ice Cream.

Edit:

Elmon fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 6, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Oh please, Marina is your typical demure exotic non-person that infantile men like to romanticize about. "Oh, oh, she's more to our taste, unlike Pearl, who is a bitch like all the other squidgirls", grunt the virgin losers in unison.

You're projecting so hard that you've gone astral. I can see your non-corporeal form in my room and its freaking me out.

They're both good, for the record. I will go ice cream because that is what I prefer.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ink rails in multiplayer maps :)

Ohtsam posted:

So other than the hori adapter anyone got a good solution to having both voice and game audio running through a headset without setting my computer up as an audio hub? I found stuff that will splice your phone audio in but they're almost all included with overpriced gaming headsets and I don't think they send voice back up to the phone.

If you had a headset with seperate audio and microphone jacks, you could probably pull it off... but you need to combine the chat audio and the game audio which would be harder than a simple splitter. You'd need an audio mixer unit if not your computer probably :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Takoluka posted:

Ice cream cake was Team Ice Cream fixing an abomination.

Yeah! Plus, while ice cream cake is delicious, cake-flavored ice cream is just nasty.

Team Ice Cream for life, yo!

• Locked thread