Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Good God, Voyager The Last Knight Megatron is ridiculously good. Grab him if you can.

One of a few worthwhile things, this turd of a movie might poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

TFRazorsaw posted:

The Rescue Bots' identities are very firmly established to not be known outside of the population of Griffon Rock.
Yeah but during the later part of Prime everyone knows that Cybertronians exist and are on Earth so it's a bit weird that they decided to stay secret just in case AND that nobody noticed that the giant emergency services robots in that town and nowhere else in the world had suspiciously similar symbols to those on the robots fighting on TV. I mean it's not like the Aligned continuity is particularly rigid or anything but it's pretty funny how out of touch Griffin Rock seems to be with the rest of the world.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 6, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah but during the later part of Prime everyone knows that Cybertronians exist and are on Earth so it's a bit weird that they decided to stay secret just in case. I mean it's not like the Aligned continuity is particularly rigid or anything but it's pretty funny how out of touch Griffin Rock seems to be with the rest of the world.

Actually, the events that transpired in Jasper were covered up by Fowler in season 3. It's still a secret.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I didn't get that impression, but Bumblebee explicitely mentions that it's not a secret in the last two or three episodes of RID2015.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I took that to mean he didn't want people like the government made aware of it. He seems to want to keep Raf, Jack, Miko, et all out of whatever he's doing and let them live their lives.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That's an interpretation I hadn't considered, partially because they've only been away from Earth for about five minutes between seasons.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The episodes with Blurr suggest it's been as long as the timeskip on Rescue Bots, so I'd wager that means it's been five years since the end of Prime.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You're making me want to rewatch all of these in release order now so I can staple together the shoddy continuity more coherently in my head. The Blurr/Sideswipe crossovers came later than the Bumblebee's new voice episode IIRC.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well it's not like RID covers a wide span of time. Bee's guest appearance in the last season has him show up in Drift's ship fwiw.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

What was the leg fix for TR Megs/Blitzwang? I just got ole Blitzy, and his left leg won't quite fold up fully.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Daaku Shinsei posted:

What was the leg fix for TR Megs/Blitzwang? I just got ole Blitzy, and his left leg won't quite fold up fully.

You just keep pushing.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

You just keep pushing.

Oh, goody. I feel like I'm gonna break something already.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Oh, goody. I feel like I'm gonna break something already.

there's a tab on the inside of his kneecap that pegs in to a slot just above the thigh swivel joint.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I paid 24 for Misfire, which was probably stupid. That said, I bought Perceptor there when he came through forever ago, and his wave still hasn't shown up anywhere around here.

You weren't the only one, Misfire was gone when I got there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Size comparison between AoE deluxe Scorn and TLK voyager Scorn.

https://twitter.com/Adam16bit/status/882130816775536645

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Oooo yes. I liked deluxe Scorn so bigger, better Scorn is right up my alley.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, that does look good. Better than my KOOS version even. And I'm still waiting on a couple Black Knight versions of those guys.

Went ahead and preordered the first XTB Stunticon, for $40 even if it sucks I won't be out much and also STUNTICONS.

EDIT: CALIDUS IS SO SWEET

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 6, 2017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Susanoo is popping up for people in the states and yet here I am with no new toy.

I mean Boost arrived today so I guess that's fine but he is neither tank nor samurai so really who gives a poo poo.

Edit: people who poo poo on badcube's weird transformations need to be forced to do Boost because holy loving poo poo what an unfun panel nightmare. Good thing he's never going back into alt mode!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 6, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

EDIT: CALIDUS IS SO SWEET
Yeah he's real good, better than he looked.

Only thing I don't like is the lack of a notch or delineation to denote where the chest lines up from altmode to robot, but that's a moment of fiddling and no big deal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, Trypticon is showing up as being in stock in a couple of Smyths in the UK.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I saw the Toys R US exclusive Megatron and some other dragon dude who ended in -icus.
Does Megatron turn in to a stealth bomber in the movie? If so that's kinda cool.
The TLK toys are really disappointing to me, none of them have looked good enough to purchase.
They also had Perceptor and Kup from the Titans Return line but I passed on both of them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, Trypticon is showing up as being in stock in a couple of Smyths in the UK.

He's in stock for delivery too. I literally have nowhere to put him or I'd be mashing the gently caress out of that checkout button.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Nipped into Hamleys today because why not.
They had all of TR wave 4 Deluxes.

£19 each, so I wasn't going to buy more than 1, and the one I bought is the objectively worst of the lot: Perceptor.
But Perceptor is great, so gently caress you.

If you do see Wave 4, and aren't personally compelled to buy Perceptor, buy literally any other one of the wave. (Except for maybe Kup.)
Twin Twist looks to be especially nice, and will be picked up in the future, but not for £19.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, when Smyths and Fenwicks have TR deluxes at 18 and 22 quid respectively, (hell, even Sainsbury's was selling RID2015 deluxes for 18), £19 for hard to find Wave 4s is bloody reasonable. Imma pick up Topspin tomorrow I think.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw the Toys R US exclusive Megatron and some other dragon dude who ended in -icus.
Does Megatron turn in to a stealth bomber in the movie? If so that's kinda cool.
The TLK toys are really disappointing to me, none of them have looked good enough to purchase.
He turns into some kind of space plane in the movie, which I guess is close enough to the Generations bomber Megatron to slap a new head onto.

The voyager is quite good, though.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Oh man, when Smyths and Fenwicks have TR deluxes at 18 and 22 quid respectively, (hell, even Sainsbury's was selling RID2015 deluxes for 18), £19 for hard to find Wave 4s is bloody reasonable. Imma pick up Topspin tomorrow I think.

That's fair, but the last new wave I wanted things from, I paid £18 for one in A1 comics, only to find it for £13 in the Entertainer the next day.
But yeah, Hamleys had one complete set of Wave 4, plus an extra Top Spin and an extra Quake, I think it was.

They had some of wave 3 too, but their only non-Deluxe from Generations was Soundwave, who was about £44, and I already have Blaster,

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
  • me
  • Strangehamper
  • Spiderflake
  • Abrosheen
  • Phy
  • Iced Cocoa
  • ???

This is the latest TFCon Toronto goon list that I have. Am I missing anyone? If your name is on this list I will buy you at least one beer.

Looking forward to meeting my longtime Secret Santa friend, Phy, and whoever Iced Cocoa may be.

Edit: an annoying group text will be forthcoming.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'll have a goonish buddy I played WoW with like seven years ago there for the weekend too.

Your wife isn't coming right? We might invade your hotel room to transform robots away from the prying, JUDGING, COLD eyes of HAMSTERWIFE HAMPERWIFE

TLK probably after union social on the saturday. Also you didn't answer my PM again.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Oh, are there people going to TF Nation that want to grab drinks and talk about robits? I won't be in the convention myself, as I'm going to the other nerd event in the NEC that weekend: Magic: the Gathering: Grand Prix Birmingham.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I'll have a goonish buddy I played WoW with like seven years ago there for the weekend too.

Your wife isn't coming right? We might invade your hotel room to transform robots away from the prying, JUDGING, COLD eyes of HAMSTERWIFE HAMPERWIFE

TLK probably after union social on the saturday. Also you didn't answer my PM again.
Wife is not coming. Was not cost effective. Also means I have an extra Saturday pass (for sale - I'm not against wearing two).

We might be able to party in the room Abrosheen and I are sharing... for a fee (money, booze or toys).

I am bad at PMs, sorry. It's nothing personal. I honestly thought I did reply. Maybe you suck at reading them?

Back to the question at hand - who else is going to be at TFCon? Strangehumper reminded me we have about 8 days remaining!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Of the 6+ going, how many will survive?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

Of the 6+ going, how many will survive?

Enough for the combiner team, hopefully. :heysexy:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mehall posted:

Oh, are there people going to TF Nation that want to grab drinks and talk about robits? I won't be in the convention myself, as I'm going to the other nerd event in the NEC that weekend: Magic: the Gathering: Grand Prix Birmingham.

I might be! Thew was asking me if I was going, and I might head up for the Saturday.

I made a Discord! https://discord.gg/J4Td2c

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

TheDK posted:

• me
  • Strangehamper
  • Spiderflake
  • Abrosheen
  • Phy
  • Iced Cocoa
  • ???

This is the latest TFCon Toronto goon list that I have. Am I missing anyone? If your name is on this list I will buy you at least one beer.

Looking forward to meeting my longtime Secret Santa friend, Phy, and whoever Iced Cocoa may be.

Edit: an annoying group text will be forthcoming.

I won't be at either TFcon this year but I wish you guys all the best :3: rock it out and goof with lots of toys~

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Good Listener posted:

I won't be at either TFcon this year but I wish you guys all the best :3: rock it out and goof with lots of toys~

You know how we do

e: apparently Phy is not the thread Phy but yet another Phy.
e2: apparently not not?

TheDK fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 6, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No, I sent you a picture with hamper claiming you weren't going to see plebe tier trash fire movie with us, which had another phy in another chat window.

Phy is going to the con on saturday.

pubic works project posted:

Did anyone mention how Pounce and Fastlane are going to be an Amazon exclusive?
Is it Amazon/Walgreens then?

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 7, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Edit: never mind, I got owned.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

pubic works project posted:

Edit: never mind, I got owned.

Is it Amazon or Walgreens this is muy importante!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

strangehamster posted:

Is it Amazon or Walgreens this is muy importante!!

Walgreens. And it's the other two. Not Pounce and Fastlane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I just wanted to say that looking at Titans Return Trypticon led me to the wiki for Trypticon which talked about the episode with the middle east city of Carbomya. That never, ever, ever gets old. G1 forever.