Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

unneeded tbh

hmu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

jon joe (5): bowmore, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Somberbrero, gif Probst, Jonathan Fisk, MMM Whatchya Say
bowmore (4): jon joe, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk

Not Voting (1): Murmur Twin

There are 10 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The decision has been made. With 5 votes, jon joe has been eliminated from the game!
jon joe's code segment is: ULUVJJV.
jon joe's segment position will not be revealed.

It is now Night 3!
Please send in your line of communication as soon as possible! There is no out-of-thread communication during the Night!

10 players submitted guesses on Day 3.
  • The highest number of correctly-identified code segments was 7.
  • The highest number of correctly placed code segments was 5.
  • The highest number of correct code segments placed one spot away from the correct placement was 2.

Day 4 will begin on Tuesday, July 4, at Noon Eastern.

Poque fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 4, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

unneeded tbh

hmu

can't :(

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you got my number

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

ULUVJJV.

:(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM whatever you do don't contact me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMM whatever you do don't contact me

Ever

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

uh?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like im missing a lot

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I literally did not know JJ's word but he didn't defend himself very well so it's not a huge deal

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I correctly placed 4 words last night. Anyone know and wanna start voting out word leaders?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It is now Day 4!

Your lines of communication have been sent to you.
Day 4 ends on Thursday, July 6, at 10pm Eastern.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): BottleKnight, bowmore, gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

There are 9 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I correctly placed 4 words last night. Anyone know and wanna start voting out word leaders?

From my own perspective, 7 correct is pretty worrying, but I have no idea who is in the lead.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): BottleKnight, bowmore, gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 38 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I might not be around for the full deadline so I'm going to throw a vote out now

##vote opop

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Why opop?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:shrug:

##vote opop

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm out for the night.

##vote RF

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote opop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Retro Futurist (4): gif Probst, Murmur Twin, bowmore, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (5): BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The decision has been made. With 4 votes, Retro Futurist has been eliminated from the game!
Retro Futurist's code segment is: HGJIKLY.
Retro Futurist's code segment is in position 12.

It is now Night 4!
Please send in your line of communication as soon as possible! There is no out-of-thread communication during the Night!

5 players submitted guesses on Day 4.
  • The highest number of correctly-identified code segments was 10.
  • The highest number of correctly placed code segments was 10.
  • The highest number of correct code segments placed one spot away from the correct placement was 1.

Day 5 will begin on Friday, July 7, at Noon Eastern.

If you wish, you can pre-submit your Day 5 guess to be executed at the beginning of the day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Day 5 begins....AND ALSO IMMEDIATELY ENDS

Because with a correctly pre-loaded guess for today.....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Both MMM Whatchya Say and Murmur Twin have WON CODEBREAKER 2!!!

The correct code:
code:
ULUVJJV
ICCULUS
NOLYNCH
CORNCOB
SEVNDOG
ZYGOTES
PLUMBUM
CARBOYS
CHUMPED
REIXONK
AQUINAS
HGJIKLY

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game good

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
aw you rats. Good game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gg all I was in this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good work team MMM and MT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yay!

Honestly once I realized that I'm way behind the curve in terms of solving puzzles like this I just did my best to be honest/trustworthy with MMM and hoped it'd all work out. I was really lucky that the joint win option was presented there because the only way I could think of to win outside of that was to try and backstab MMM and I really didn't want to do that.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How active was this game behind the scenes? The thread seemed dead and the lynches all seemed random/apathetic, so it was hard to tell what was up as a spectator.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

How active was this game behind the scenes? The thread seemed dead and the lynches all seemed random/apathetic, so it was hard to tell what was up as a spectator.

My experience was that nothing happened at all on non-deadline days, and then on deadline days there were a whole bunch of conversations and attempts to line up data.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Podima posted:

It was pretty active for me, but I feel like there was at least some level of apathy going on.

The first lynch came as a result of me trying not to get taste lynched, because I had his word. Asiina was a convincing enough of a threat (sorry Asiina, when you said you were only talking to somber and weren't really a threat, I believed it and felt bad, but it was sort of already in motion.

The second was kicked off by bowmore's tiff, but JJ's word was one of the 3 I didn't have anyway, so I came down hard against him in private chats. He probably would have been voted out without me doing that but I did what I could.

The 3rd vote was essential to winning, opop was the only word I didn't have. We did use the apathy element on the thread for this one. In general it's better to get a vote going on in the last two hours so the person can't fight back until it's too late. Somber and Cena were open to it so I sent out the vote and went to the party I was going to force the threads hand, but it's not like there was any real opposition.

I'll have more thoughts posted later in the day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

My experience was that nothing happened at all on non-deadline days, and then on deadline days there were a whole bunch of conversations and attempts to line up data.

This is kind of funny, I slowed it to two Game Days per week from the original three to allow for more time. :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mod doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L9gI2Sxufiei-gbKf1j-p9hcp1WsoJlCSpMZuTclAZs/

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ah you sneaky jerks!! Good game guys

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, wow, barely anyone was playing by day four. sucks :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not sure what made this less contentious than Codebreaker the First. Less lying?

I figured that either Taste or MMMMMT were very close, but it felt like I couldn't do anything about that. Maybe I gave a little too much deference to grody in terms of strategy, he was my main partner, but I felt like his ideas were solid. We were just playing a slower, safer game than anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not sure what made this less contentious than Codebreaker the First. Less lying?

I figured that either Taste or MMMMMT were very close, but it felt like I couldn't do anything about that. Maybe I gave a little too much deference to grody in terms of strategy, he was my main partner, but I felt like his ideas were solid. We were just playing a slower, safer game than anyone else.

Hey my strat was fine, i told you that i figured they had the 7. They played harder than us earlier on.

• Locked thread