Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Xenaero posted:

Hahaha the Oppressor is so much fun

Amen to that. Finally bought one and was playing with it while doing crates and cars and supplies last nite. Might just be the new go to for runs like that to zip in and out and cruise from one side of the map to the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BitBasher posted:

A little attention will let you learn the distance at which you are too close to a certain spawn point so it defaults to a further one. That rarely happens to me anymore. Just be close but not too close to the spawn point when you call it.

Zaphod42 posted:

I know, its just really really dumb that you have to game it like this. What is even the point of that?

:rolleyes: already responded to that BitBasher

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Amen to that. Finally bought one and was playing with it while doing crates and cars and supplies last nite. Might just be the new go to for runs like that to zip in and out and cruise from one side of the map to the other

I find myself unable to do missions now because I have to get out of the Oppressor. Nothing in this game is even 1/100th as fun as rocket bike.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

mutata posted:

The Besra or whatever is the most fun plane in the game to just topgun around in.

I usually blow mine up from buzzing someone else a little too close. Still fun as hell.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Zaphod42 posted:

:rolleyes: already responded to that BitBasher

That will teach me to leave a quote open in a browser for a few hours before I come back and type in the reply!

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

So rockstar seemed to remove all the legit cash from my account.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

guns for tits posted:

Have fun!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's fun looking at my stats on the Social Club. My highest money gain is 183 million from "shared" money

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

guns for tits posted:

Maybe quit breaking the rules then, jerk! :argh:

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's fun looking at my stats on the Social Club. My highest money gain is 183 million from "shared" money

Mine still says $0 received from others, only $44k shared by others.

$7m showing as picked up though, out of $691m overall income

I've also shared over 1.1m from jobs now, too. Usually $1000 a time sending $50 to everyone in the lobby.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Well.....

Rockstar Games posted:

Dear TheMotherfucher

We have reviewed your account and your GTA Online ban is being lifted. Please allow two hours for your account to be fully reinstated if it isn't already.

Regards,

Rockstar Support

That's....something. Didn't even ask for a review. That happened two days after the ban, but I didn't check my inbox until now.

I'd go back online and verify, but maybe I should uninstall all of the SP mods I've loaded the game up with first.

My money's probably gone, too.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 4, 2017

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
The APC totally fuckin rules: A story in pictures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SisterFister fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 6, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SisterFister posted:

Isn't that always there?

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Powershift posted:

Isn't that always there?

None of the rest of my images are showing up because apparently I don't know how to use this dead gay forum anymore

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SisterFister posted:

None of the rest of my images are showing up because apparently I don't know how to use this dead gay forum anymore

you have to link the .jpg link and not to the page containing the .jpg

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SisterFister posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubxMg7PFalc

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

He initially got mad at me for blowing up supplies and I said sorry, it was an accident. Then sure enough they roll out a full product run and Lasagna and I just rolled all over the map blowing up all 3 packages and laughing hysterically.

The APC is not only a powerhouse as far as the cannon and armor go, it'll scoot all over the map like crazy, over hills and through streams. The Oppressor is the only thing that can even touch it.

ahy ess dee eph
Mar 10, 2007
Can we all agree that making these new vehicles Personal Vehicles instead of Special Vehicles / Pegasus vehicles basically ruined this game?

Not only did it completely unbalance every aspect of Free Mode play, but, it also made an entire DLC worth of vehicles obsolete, on top of countless Pegasus Vehicles.

There is absolutely 0 reason that any of these new vehicles should be able to be stored in a Personal Garage. They should sit in a Parking Garage inside the Bunker to be called out like the Special Vehicles from I/E.

I'm also loving the bi-weekly cash shakedowns from Rockstar; definitely a great message to send to your players to let them know how much you value their continued support of their game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like that my weaponized tampa is easy to grab. :thumbsup:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ahy ess dee eph posted:

Can we all agree that making these new vehicles Personal Vehicles instead of Special Vehicles / Pegasus vehicles basically ruined this game?

Not only did it completely unbalance every aspect of Free Mode play, but, it also made an entire DLC worth of vehicles obsolete, on top of countless Pegasus Vehicles.

There is absolutely 0 reason that any of these new vehicles should be able to be stored in a Personal Garage. They should sit in a Parking Garage inside the Bunker to be called out like the Special Vehicles from I/E.

I'm also loving the bi-weekly cash shakedowns from Rockstar; definitely a great message to send to your players to let them know how much you value their continued support of their game.

The oppressor alone completely hosed the balance up. In an aggressive lobby, It's just an Oppressor match because everything else is garbage now.

You can hunt hydras and buzzards and zip accross the map to pop some crates and back for more hydras and over to the other side for a few import/export cars and blow up whoever on the way back and if you get blown up or knocked off whatever just get it back in 3 feet away from you through the biker club thing.

It's not a supercars and trucks and tanks and helicopters and planes game anymore.

It's a flying motorcycle game. And either you can afford the 2.6m for the bike, 1m for the bunker, 2 mil for the truck and mod bay, and a pile of money or time to speed up the missile upgrade, or you're just cannon fodder. Add to that, the freeroam top speed challenge now requires the rocket car, the longest jump challenge now requires the flying motorcycle, sniper kills requires the explosive sniper ammo. Freeroam sessions feel for the first time like pay to win.

The game is 10 times more fun when you can just buy whatever and go nuts. I find myself just loving with people in funny ways because i don't give a poo poo about succeeding in their activity for the cash. I spend half of my time these days chasing down and squishing import/export cars with the big rig or buzzing them in the hydra to make them think they're dodging death, or trying to knock their helicopter out of the air with my helicopter.

Most big lobbies you can't even get a cargobob across the city without being hit by 4 explosive sniper rounds and an oppressor missile so there's no point in even doing any supply missions or anything for the fun of it.

Cage posted:

I like that my weaponized tampa is easy to grab. :thumbsup:

It's also easy to accidentally missile, mortar or proxy yourself out of $20k

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It's such a patchwork mishmash of on going content now, and they're not likely to produce any substantial additions anymore from what I gather, it's time to earn the money you want to get the specific things you want and then just dork around. Or it's time to go mod singleplayer and go nuts. Then hibernate until RDR2 or GTA6.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait for the flying horse that shoots missiles in RDRO so i can easily blow up peoples slow rear end wagons while they're running crates.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

mutata posted:

It's such a patchwork mishmash of on going content now, and they're not likely to produce any substantial additions anymore from what I gather, it's time to earn the money you want to get the specific things you want and then just dork around. Or it's time to go mod singleplayer and go nuts. Then hibernate until RDR2 or GTA6.

From whence did you gather this? People have been saying this poo poo since heists came out, I'd like to see a source.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm actually getting a lot practice improving my aim using mouse and keyboard with an explosive sniper rifle while sitting on top of high rises, it's like an advanced form of skeet shooting.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SisterFister posted:

From whence did you gather this? People have been saying this poo poo since heists came out, I'd like to see a source.

I looked into it for a sec and you're right, there's not any reliable sources either way, just a random leaker on reddit saying the updates will slow down. I'm still inclined to believe that they will slow down the closer we get to RDR2 and I'm also inclined to believe that with the addition of wacky new overpowered toys that they're not taking it as "seriously" as before, which is honestly a good thing, but it'll be frustrating for people who just want to grind crates for money.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mutata posted:

I looked into it for a sec and you're right, there's not any reliable sources either way, just a random leaker on reddit saying the updates will slow down. I'm still inclined to believe that they will slow down the closer we get to RDR2 and I'm also inclined to believe that with the addition of wacky new overpowered toys that they're not taking it as "seriously" as before, which is honestly a good thing, but it'll be frustrating for people who just want to grind crates for money.

Considering it probably takes a relatively small team to keep pumping out stuff and they've made a bajillion loving dollars off of it, it'll keep coming out until the shark cards stop selling. Even if it's 50 people, making $120m revenue a quarter, $800k/employee.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

RoyalRepublicWB posted:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

mutata posted:

updates will slow down
For reference, there was a 6 month gap between I/E and Gunrunning. (I don't know if special races update counts as a major update, it was mostly just an extension of I/E)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

UserErr0r posted:

For reference, there was a 6 month gap between I/E and Gunrunning. (I don't know if special races update counts as a major update, it was mostly just an extension of I/E)

Yeah it counts, there were cars and custom races got better/worse

E: oh wait special not stunt me dum

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Hahahahaha well done

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"the weaponized tampa makes so many heist setups trivial" say players who haven't gotten out of their armored kuruma in the last 2 years

apparently the buzzard is still better in speed over an Oppressor because you can maintain a constant rate instead of the boost->glide cycle. The Oppressor, meanwhile, is significantly more fun. and at the end of the day, fun is what we're here for, right? right

well that and nuking gunrunning sales from a flying rocket motorcycle

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Psion posted:

apparently the buzzard is still better in speed over an Oppressor because you can maintain a constant rate instead of the boost->glide cycle. The Oppressor, meanwhile, is significantly more fun. and at the end of the day, fun is what we're here for, right? right

This is the exact thought process I went through

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Psion posted:

The Oppressor's only slower from point-to-point if you're using it like a lovely airplane. If you keep on the ground boosting as often as possible, keep the wings out and push forward to reduce airtime, and use the glide only to go over obstacles like cars, buildings, valleys and cliffs, it's actually way faster.

Either way you use it is far more fun than a Buzzard though, yeah.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can also pop a wheelie to launch the Oppressor into the air with its wings retracted, then do the ol' lean back and hump it trick to just keep accelerating. I wish I was actually good at this.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Part of me feels that the weaponized vehicles kinda gently caress balance between players but the majority of me is fine with anything that gives me a leg up on the bullshit clairvoyant AI enemies that can pixel snipe your face off before they even render for you.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
weapons or not, a flying rocket motorcycle is as good as i can imagine this game will ever get without cheating

but where do they go from here?

at this point i wont be surprised if suitcase nukes are implemented

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thief posted:

weapons or not, a flying rocket motorcycle is as good as i can imagine this game will ever get without cheating

but where do they go from here?

at this point i wont be surprised if suitcase nukes are implemented

A minihydra in the form of a jetpack/wingsuit combo.
mechs
a flying delorean

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

As someone whose main griefing tool was the heavy sniper rifle, I'm having trouble imaging anything more OP and unbalanced than the thermal scope and explosive rounds.

The Oppressor is fun as hell though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FuturePastNow posted:

As someone whose main griefing tool was the heavy sniper rifle, I'm having trouble imaging anything more OP and unbalanced than the thermal scope and explosive rounds.

The Oppressor is fun as hell though.

give me these unlocks you stupid game :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

give me these unlocks you stupid game :argh:

How about instead, some garbage gun skins!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

How about instead, some garbage gun skins!

*strauss zelnick kicks open the bathroom door and strides out as purposefully as the pants around his ankles will allow. wildly gesticulating with his iphone seven he bellows haughtily "I JUST READ IN THIS BUZZFEED ARTICLE SOMEBODY PAID $20,000 FOR A CS:GO KNIFE!!" his rear end still caked in poo poo and his dick and balls flapping free he begins to dictate to his terrified P.A "I WANT COLORED GUNS IN GTA ONLINE, SHINY ONES... AND loving ZEBRA PRINT!! JENNIFER ARE YOU EVEN WRITING THIS DOWN?!?" meanwhile something ancient and terrible beneath the take 2 offices begins to moan and writhe in orgasmic pleasure*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Part of me feels that the weaponized vehicles kinda gently caress balance between players but the majority of me is fine with anything that gives me a leg up on the bullshit clairvoyant AI enemies that can pixel snipe your face off before they even render for you.

All the new weaponized vehicles are pretty kill-able with standard every day stuff, with the exception maybe being the Oppressor.

• Locked thread