Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Robin Hood in the friend gacha? I want him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Fate/Zero makes Stay/Night really idealistic and kiddy-pool. Zero and the new anime goes into what actually happens when adults are very willing to kill each other.

And guess what? All the adults screwed up and failed. :colbert:

Meanwhile the idealistic kids save the day. (Note that Waver's the only guy to get anything good out of that mess)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

Fate/Zero makes Stay/Night really idealistic and kiddy-pool. Zero and the new anime goes into what actually happens when adults are very willing to kill each other.

Specifically, the reason Stay/Night's Masters are such a mishmash is that, after the genocidal clusterfuck of Zero, very few real magi are ready to risk it.

Definitely read Stay/Night before watching Zero though. It spoils a lot of Stay/Night, as you would expect from a prequel, but it also expects viewers to know a few key worldbuilding points from Stay/Night.

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Robin Hood in the friend gacha? I want him

He is, but 3* are never as common as you would like. I'm still missing Ushi, for instance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fate/zero is also worse than stay/night and not as interesting or complex, imo, it's just kinda bad things happening to a bunch of people you don't care about and a couple of people you do but it mostly focuses on the people you don't

iskander and waver are cool tho

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Get Liz. She's the only 4-star lancer that's going to be available for a long, long time. We don't get another until London. We won't even get a 5-star Lancer for a while.

Lord Koth posted:

Actually, I'm not seeing a Lancer in that listing, so Elisabeth would probably be the best choice honestly. Unless you do have a decent Lancer and just forgot to list them.

Yeah I have both proto and vanilla cu who is apparently a stealth 5 star? Also haven't used him a ton but he did carry me through some tough content by being unkillable so he's my lancer husband. Not sure if Liz is still better than him at lancing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

liz has a super weak np and her stats aren't that much better than cu's, and she lacks survivability compared to him since she only has battle continuation. her gimmick is her 40% attack buff to female servants and her defense debuff - she's a support lancer.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

fate/zero is also worse than stay/night and not as interesting or complex, imo, it's just kinda bad things happening to a bunch of people you don't care about and a couple of people you do but it mostly focuses on the people you don't

iskander and waver are cool tho

I think Kiritsugu is interesting at first but it becomes dry.

Waver and Iskander are basically carrying the whole thing on their backs but I feel for the Matou guy.

Zero is mostly nice because of the fighting scenes.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

He's worse in the anime, if you believe it.

I liked his philosophy on God

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think the only *-*** I'm missing is Leonidas.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I think Kiritsugu is interesting at first but it becomes dry.

Waver and Iskander are basically carrying the whole thing on their backs but I feel for the Matou guy.

Zero is mostly nice because of the fighting scenes.

I thought Saber and Kotomine had interesting arcs, but I was big fans of both characters to begin with.

Kiritsugu starts out dry and then becomes interesting IMO.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

Specifically, the reason Stay/Night's Masters are such a mishmash is that, after the genocidal clusterfuck of Zero, very few real magi are ready to risk it

Well, to be more accurate, it was expected to take place sixty years after the fourth, it taking place a mere ten years later means nobody is prepared.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

I thought Saber and Kotomine had interesting arcs, but I was big fans of both characters to begin with.

Kiritsugu starts out dry and then becomes interesting IMO.

Yeah I didn't want to spoil things... on a years old anime... but I agree. His later development makes him a pretty good character.

Kotomine's transformation is also pretty interesting.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hello.

I have been swallowed by the gacha.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello.

REJOICE!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello.

Mongrel. You better spend all your riches.

Edit: that's also a very neat avatar you have.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello.

Look upon the sky. Look at the earth. This is Rome Gacha.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In gacha, we are all equal.

This game does a horrible number on my cellphone. I had to get a new case because my old one would just cause my phone to overheat when I played this for too long.

e-Holy poo poo got the most pumped newbie roll which had Berserker, d'eon and martha. Watch the other 10 pull be absolute poo poo.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 7, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hahaha, NP2 Atalanta. I ain't even mad, it was just funny.

Edit: Did you know you can name your teams?

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 7, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am excited to play Super Smash Sisters: History Edition.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Mongrel. You better spend all your riches.

Edit: that's also a very neat avatar you have.
I won't spend one cent. Probably.

Also, thank you.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hahaha, NP2 Atalanta. I ain't even mad, it was just funny.

Edit: Did you know you can name your teams?

Yep.

I've got a rider-centric team called The Taxmen Cometh for grinding out cash in the daily quests.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Bad Seafood posted:

I won't spend one cent. Probably.

I've dropped money on gacha before, but the return here seems terrible. $24 for 36 quartz? I just rolled through 90 quartz and got two 4 star servants. Maybe if they run good sales.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I mean, I'm not typically one for spending money on Free-To-Play stuff anyway, but yeah, the exchange rate is pretty bad - and all that for the opportunity to maybe roll the servant you want.

I think I'll be fine sticking with quest quartz, login bonuses, and friendship points. Got my two-star Andersen that way and he's been my MVP in several battles already.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Spend money on the guaranteed 5* gacha and nothing else.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There are guaranteed gachas?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They did one for new years and anniversary in JP. you can only used paid quartz on them though. (the free bonus quartz on purchases doesn't count, either :grin:)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They did one for new years and anniversary in JP. you can only used paid quartz on them though. (the free bonus quartz on purchases doesn't count, either :grin:)

At least it's a 100% chance at a 5*.

If it's like JPN, they'll shower free ones before long. Stock up for dudettes or dudes you like.

Hell, I never had to spend a $ on JPN and ended up with pretty decent rolls.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got an interesting FP CE that gives evasion for one hit. I slapped it on Herc and it has made him so much better now that I have two evades.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

So now I have Waver, Carmilla, Bathory and Stheno.

Do I want to blow my free 4* on Emiya or Herc? My guess would be Herc because he'll just blast through the next couple singularities, but maybe I'm missing some cool meta...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

herc blasts through a lot of things, though later on he needs support like hans, shielder, etc.

but lemme put it this way: my team for the final boss of story mode in the jp version was waver/hans/support hercules/asterios/shielder/paracelsus (a later 3* caster with the ability to give guts to another party member), and the entire strategy was everyone else blocking bullets for hercules and shoving buffs down his mouth

Endorph fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 8, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's going to take a bit of luck, but if I can get 2/3/2 Gold Saber/Lancer/Archer monuments tomorrow I'll be able to ascend Jeanne a third time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

herc blasts through a lot of things, though later on he needs support like hans, shielder, etc.

but lemme put it this way: my team for the final boss of story mode in the jp version was waver/hans/support hercules/asterios/shielder/paracelsus (a later 3* caster with the ability to give guts to another party member), and the entire strategy was everyone else blocking bullets for hercules and shoving buffs down his mouth

is the story officially over in Japan? are they just adding like side story stuff now or something?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm just missing a Twin Octuplet Crystal to Ascend Arash a third time, and the items for his final Ascensions aren't that bad. He'S probably gonna be the first guy I full Ascend.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MotU posted:

is the story officially over in Japan? are they just adding like side story stuff now or something?

The original story is done and now they are going through an interlude of sorts for the second big story arc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm thinking of a George/Lancelot crit team. Do I go Carmilla, Hassan, or Cu in the third slot? Or use a Gil support?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tae posted:

I'm thinking of a George/Lancelot crit team. Do I go Carmilla, Hassan, or Cu in the third slot? Or use a Gil support?

Hassan and Gil will give you the most Stars, iirc.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The original story is done and now they are going through an interlude of sorts for the second big story arc

oh cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

the first big story arc that fuyuki-rome started is done in japan, they called that act 1. they're halfway through releasing 4 singularities that they're calling act 1.5, and they want act 1.5 to be done by the end of the year. presumably early 2018 will have the first chapters of act 2 released.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So do we have any idea how fast they will be bringing out new content for the US version?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
so i have like 200 mana prisms and all the tickets/EXPs bought. should I save them for when they add future stuff or should i buy the Fous for POWERFUL MASH

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

So do we have any idea how fast they will be bringing out new content for the US version?

Not fast enough, I just finished Singularity 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

slightly faster than they released in the jp version but still somewhat slow at first, would be my guess. depends if they get more than 3 people