Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nearing the end of the Orleans fragment and I'm kinda disappointed they couldn't make some cthuloid monsters for Gilles to summon instead of the same skeletons and zombies (and wyverns) you've been fighting the whole time.

Psiwri posted:

Gilgamesh shows up fairly often for a limited servant.

Pureauthor posted:

They get reruns and Gil is one of the most commonly rated-up limited Servants.
Good to know, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is there any reason to save friend points like a FOU FEST or something like that where we get better poo poo out of the FP Gacha? I get like 4k-6k a day right now so idk if I should hoard them

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Septem/Rome is a badly written chapter, but I think the boss battles are the only saving grace.

MotU posted:

is there any reason to save friend points like a FOU FEST or something like that where we get better poo poo out of the FP Gacha? I get like 4k-6k a day right now so idk if I should hoard them

You can sometimes get 3*s, but otherwise, it's usually just trash 1* cards, but there will be a 0* Avenger that's notoriously hard to get that's only in the FP gacha.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MotU posted:

Events always throw out a 3-star CE that gives some sort of benefit in the event, like +1 event drops for the lowest tier of event currency, while the 4/5-star event CEs give the higher tier currencies. One of the standard tips is to get 3-4 3-star event CEs so you can build up a decent bit of currency right from the start of the event.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

the_steve posted:

I've literally only ever seen Fate Zero. I really need to watch FSN and these spinoffs.

Read the actual VN. Yeah it's long and it has many, many :words: but none of the anime adaptations really capture it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Read the actual VN. Yeah it's long and it has many, many :words: but none of the anime adaptations really capture it.

Also no anime adaptation has Heaven's Feel.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Argas posted:

Events always throw out a 3-star CE that gives some sort of benefit in the event, like +1 event drops for the lowest tier of event currency, while the 4/5-star event CEs give the higher tier currencies. One of the standard tips is to get 3-4 3-star event CEs so you can build up a decent bit of currency right from the start of the event.

And those come from Friend Points? I assume it won't be an amazing drop rate since these things seem to pour in. I did 4 10 Rolls today and I already have 3600 more points

thx Vlad

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MotU posted:

And those come from Friend Points? I assume it won't be an amazing drop rate since these things seem to pour in. I did 4 10 Rolls today and I already have 3600 more points

thx Vlad

Yes. 3-stars aren't exactly common draws from the FP gacha but FP is freeeeee.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Yeah, that too. The routes are thematic and build off of each other, so watching UBW without following it up with Heaven's Feel leaves you with a much different impression.

There isn't a good adaptation of Fate either, which is the end of Saber's story from Fate/Zero.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Compendium posted:

Septem/Rome is a badly written chapter, but I think the boss battles are the only saving grace.

... <---- (Didn't do anything.)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Exactly.

Since I already put so much into my JP account, I'm not doing a lot of dailies grinding, so I'm kind of intrigued to see how I play differently for this version. I might invest more in my lower tier Servants, although when I first started out in JP FGO, my only gold was Emiya until I got Saber Alter and Nero. For NA, I already have Emiya, Herc, and Martha, no five stars.

Let's see how this excellent adventure takes me...

Compendium fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 9, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vengarr posted:

Everyone should watch Carnival Phantasm regardless.

It's ya boy Berzerker.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 9, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not yet, but I did read where they announced one was in the works a week ago or so.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

You probably know this but there will be very soon since the movie is going to be released this year.

Fake edit: movie trilogy, that is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lancer survives nearly an entire day of getting whaled on by Heracles.

Truly he is the Cockroach of Culann.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried playing the VN after watching the UBW anime, just couldn't get into it. I think it was the fact I would have to repeat so much stuff I had already seen. Fate/Zero is cool though.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

rio posted:

You probably know this but there will be very soon since the movie is going to be released this year.

Yup! I'm hoping it's of UBW quality. Can't wait.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was going to play it and then got really sick. The only time I watch anime is when I am stuck in bed sick and that time it was a long one so I watched both UBW and Zero - after that, and hearing that Heaven's Feel would be released, I figured that I would skip it too since I knew too much of the plot to have it be as interesting - like I'm sure the plot twists are awesome playing the game blind but knowing what I did already, playing a game with no gameplay and knowing a lot of what would happen just wasn't appealing.

Fake edit again:

Yup! I'm hoping it's of UBW quality. Can't wait.

Same here. If it is good then I am going to be very happy. And I really like Yuki Kajiura's music so that has me excited too.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rio posted:

I'm not sure they're going to be able to do it justice.

Though if UFOtable can't do it, no one can.

rio posted:

I was going to play it and then got really sick. The only time I watch anime is when I am stuck in bed sick and that time it was a long one so I watched both UBW and Zero - after that, and hearing that Heaven's Feel would be released, I figured that I would skip it too since I knew too much of the plot to have it be as interesting - like I'm sure the plot twists are awesome playing the game blind but knowing what I did already, playing a game with no gameplay and knowing a lot of what would happen just wasn't appealing

Never watch Zero first, it just spoils too drat much.

e: No one is ever gonna get to enjoy the first twist in Fate ever again. "Wait, she WASN'T Joan of Arc??" :eyepop:

Gilles mistaking Saber for Jeanne in Fate/Zero was a reference to this BTW, before the game came out all the speculation agreed that that is who she was.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 9, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As lovely as it is, F/SN does explain some things. It's just pretty bad in some parts. The VN is definitely longer but worth it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bad Seafood posted:

Nearing the end of the Orleans fragment and I'm kinda disappointed they couldn't make some cthuloid monsters for Gilles to summon instead of the same skeletons and zombies (and wyverns) you've been fighting the whole time.

look forward to Fate/Accel Order Zero later this year (maybe)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The FSN VN is pretty great if it's your first exposure to that story, but it is incredibly hard to go back to afterwards. The amount of exposition and pseudo science BS terminology is somehow even worse than later works ("Ghost Liner??") and it made my replay of the Fate route especially quite tedious.

But as an overall, complete, self-contained work, one's first romp through that story is an exceptionally solid fantasy action/drama. There are some amazing character arcs, especially for Shirou, that have not been replicated IMO in any Fate property since. And it's delivered in a way that feels rather neat in retrospective; the three routes are all self-contained, yes, and Fate in particular has some serious issues with some characters...all of which provides framing devices and contrasts for when said characters go against those perceptions and grow beyond them. All in all, it's a story that while I can't go back to outside of key awesome/dramatic scenes, I still look back upon it quite fondly.

It's no small amount effort to read that gargantuan thing, but if you haven't and you're playing this I'd say it's worth it in the long run.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The problem with the HF movie trilogy is that HF is probably the longest and densest route, and even if you cut some of the less vital bits (like the cooking parts, even though they're good) i have a feeling the movies will end up feeling a bit rushed. The animation will no doubt be super good, because Ufotable, but i still think anyone seriously interested in F/SN should do themselves a favor and read the visual novel first of all

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

You're going to like the end of Septem.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:toot:

I can't wait to have to wait for months to get pages and gears. And of course there's the suffering of grinding serpent orbs too.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I should probably get around to checking out the Fate LP one of these days. I remember catching a bit of the Deen adaptation back when it was newish, but not being too taken with it. I always knew Saber's identity though, since the friend who introduced me to it told me straight up.

I liked Fate/Zero a lot, but more as a kind of fictional sporting event than a narrative, if that makes sense - though I'm fond of a lot of the themes it tackles, like the discussion of what it means to be a king and Kiritsugu's logic being thrown in his face.

Blockhouse posted:

look forward to Fate/Accel Order Zero later this year (maybe)
Is that the musou game or something else.

MonsieurChoc posted:

You're going to like the end of Septem.
Just unlocked it, so hopefully so.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Is that the musou game or something else.

Fate/Accell Order Zero is a gacha event with a rate up. Iskandar and Waver and Emiya Assassin or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Finally got Medusa from the FP gacha. Yay.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
And here I was hoping to get Angra but he's not even in the gacha yet. I assumed he was already in since his drop rate is apparently abysmal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fate/Accell Order Zero is a gacha event with a rate up. Iskandar and Waver and Emiya Assassin or something.

it also has a quest line written by urobuchi that takes place during F/Z

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For the person asking about Arthur, he is worth getting solely because of Takahiro Sakurai and his cool fuckin NP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4C_gNcs_c

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iskander, Waver, Emiya Assassin (Kiritsugu, not Shirou), Hundred-Faced Hassan, and Irisviel.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope they do an event soon to help with mats as I am rapidly maxing out all the heroes I actually use.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We'll likely get more news come the 11th.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

No one uses my Herc, I gave him his second ability and keep him maxed and/or relaxed. My friends are all logging in frequently, and besides my two-three Jeannes... share 3* Mashes :smith:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dely Apple posted:

No one uses my Herc, I gave him his second ability and keep him maxed and/or relaxed. My friends are all logging in frequently, and besides my two-three Jeannes... share 3* Mashes :smith:

If they have it setup, you can scroll through call shares and they may be giving you more things to pick from. If you knew that already and they haven't, sorry :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, if you wind up with enough summon tickets can you do a 10-pull with them, or should you just spend them as soon as you get them during rate up events?

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I can't wait to have to wait for months to get pages and gears. And of course there's the suffering of grinding serpent orbs too.

You won't have to wait too long actually. Nero Festival will give you everything you need to get his next Ascension.

I'm already planning on who to ascend for it when the time comes. At the very least I'll be able to third ascend Waver and Herc.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Asimo posted:

Oh, if you wind up with enough summon tickets can you do a 10-pull with them, or should you just spend them as soon as you get them during rate up events?

You cannot do a 10-pull with summon tickets, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh well!

And oh hey, Emiya. :toot: