Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

logikv9 posted:

Cuomo is going to run as a berniecrat, there was no other reason for his FREE COLLEGE press conference with Bernie attending for some loving stupid reason

This is the Cuomo playbook. Run left, govern right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

Cuomo is going to run as a berniecrat, there was no other reason for his FREE COLLEGE press conference with Bernie attending for some loving stupid reason

He's going to run as the center between the Berniecrats and Neoliberals

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

CaptainPsyko posted:

it's going to loving work because people are moroooooons

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol his free college for all plan was means tested to hell and back. I'm not sure who actually qualifies under the plan, but it's certainly not "all."

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Full time students with a minimum GPA, aka get hosed if you're actually poor.

Even the ads for it say "middle class."

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Lol his free college for all plan was means tested to hell and back. I'm not sure who actually qualifies under the plan, but it's certainly not "all."

Also lol at it not covering room and board in a university system with a very clear two tier structure where all the upper tier schools are in the middle of loving nowhere.

(Okay, arguably it's a three tier structure because the better CUNY programs are still a step up from the community colleges and basically-a-4-year-community-college that makes up the lower tier of SUNY)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
His free college plan was absolutely trash but he'll still run on it because a ton of voters won't hear the "but, " portion of it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i appreciate these voices on the left fighting against the neoliberal order in spite of the fact that we won't win. but just you loving watch, it's going to work. there are enough democratic voters who aren't with the program to ensure that

CaptainPsyko posted:

i don't even remember him being all that left-leaning in either of his campaigns for governor. the first one he just coasted on reputation, his talk about getting things done, and the fact that paladino is a living corpse reanimated by racism and spite. the second one he had to deal with Teachout, who rightly called him out on throwing progressives and progressive measures under the bus. after he beat back that challenge, he dealt with another worthless husk in the general

remember, schneiderman isn't running, so there's no upset to be had

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/dwsNY/status/883443517523210240

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's why i could never truly get myself to harass Felder's office even though he represents the south side of the street that i live on. my internal response to emails from the NY Health Act, Physicians for a National Health Program, DSA NYC, etc. was "do you really think that Cuomo won't have his veto pen ready the very instant that bill reaches his desk?"

his response to a potential trumpcare passage is pretty bad to begin with, it's just a bunch of "shift the costs to local and county governments" that does nothing

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Jul 8, 2017

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ran into a group of people defending Cuomo over the MTA State of Emergency. Bonus points for the one guy who said DeBlasio should be here dealing with it instead of in Germany. God New York liberals are the loving worst

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Jul 10, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

KomradeX posted:

Ran into a group of people defending Cuomo over the MTA State of Emergency. Bonus points for the one guy who said DeBlasio souls be here dealing with it instead of in Germany. God liberals are the loving worst

ftfy

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I think the best part was saying this isn't all Cuomo's fault. Which could be true, but ignores ffat he's been governor for 6 years already and it's not like these issues just suddenly arrived, he's been governor long enough that him and the MTA should have cone up with a better long term plan, especially since Sandy, was what 4-5 years ago already?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
@NYCAntifa is apparently doxxing local nazis. Kind of hesitant to post the actual tweets for rules reasons.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MizPiz posted:

@NYCAntifa is apparently doxxing local nazis. Kind of hesitant to post the actual tweets for rules reasons.

Soooooo... who knows how to report a racist/offensive vanity plate to the DMV for revocation?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MizPiz posted:

What do you think would happen if someone that was doxxed by the, no doubt ethical and fact-checked, "antifa" account wasn't actually a nazi?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What do you think would happen if someone that was doxxed by the, no doubt ethical and fact-checked, "antifa" account wasn't actually a nazi?

:shrug:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So in yet another instance of the NYPD are the biggest man children in the world, a bunch of them turned their backs on DeBlasio again at the funeral for that cop that got shot, claiming he wasn't supporting them enough.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomradeX posted:

So in yet another instance of the NYPD are the biggest man children in the world, a bunch of them turned their backs on DeBlasio again at the funeral for that cop that got shot, claiming he wasn't supporting them enough.
the commissioner was there, he should have told them to show some loving respect

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cuomo's approval rating stands at 46 percent, with 55 percent of New Yorkers saying that they don't want him running for president. also:
https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/885160626255011841
:getin:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Silver conviction overturned. Prosecutors have the option to try again. Except that there's no replacement for Preet to go through with it.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Silver conviction overturned. Prosecutors have the option to try again. Except that there's no replacement for Preet to go through with it.

This is horse poo poo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/erinmdurkin/status/885176580305190912

come the gently caress on, man

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Technically panhandling is one of more than one very small number of unpleasant options for getting money once drug addiction and crippling mental health issues have ruined your life.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

I saw this motherfucker yesterday at borough hall being mad at a group of tourists trying to take his picture, come on guy!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

and just a couple days ago, a City & State news roundup speculated that a recent upheld conviction meant silver and skelos should be scared. hope is a lie, never forget
i saw a guy on the subway covered in newspaper shreds and a plastic bag yesterday and he was having fun. granted, he was very drunk and had an empty flask-sized bottle of vodka with him

the issue should be with those showtime dancers that i always encounter when i take the Q train into manhattan. pick a street corner to dance, not a small metal tube that people travel in

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

He's right, but it's like the "welfare queen" thing. Yes there probably exists a welfare/child support "queen" who doesn't really need either of those things, but it shouldn't be a policy concern because there are millions of others who do actually need welfare/child-support. Or in this case "pan-handlers" is just a way to avoid admitting there is a homeless problem in NYC.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i read about that on the City & State roundup and de blasio brought that up because a week ago, he proposed banning panhandlers

also, his campaign strategy is "i'm a good guy to stand up against trump, vote for me." he went from a proto-sanders "tale of two cities" campaign to a DNC hack campaign in four years

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

get that OUT of my face posted:

i read about that on the City & State roundup and de blasio brought that up because a week ago, he proposed banning panhandlers

also, his campaign strategy is "i'm a good guy to stand up against trump, vote for me." he went from a proto-sanders "tale of two cities" campaign to a DNC hack campaign in four years

I hope whoever primaries him ties the "CP Time" quip with Hillary around his neck and drowns him with it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I hope whoever primaries him ties the "CP Time" quip with Hillary around his neck and drowns him with it.
nobody's primarying him, that ship sailed as soon as he wasn't charged with anything for those campaign contributions. also i credit his endorsement of hillary after months of staying out of the presidential primary to his political transformation

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Cuomo takes a billion dollars earmarked for signal infrastructure upgrades and wastes it on other poo poo

https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/07/07/guess-which-ny-governor-just-took-1-billion-meant-for-mta-subway-signals-and-spent-it-elsewhere/

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

KomradeX posted:

So Cuomo takes a billion dollars earmarked for signal infrastructure upgrades and wastes it on other poo poo

https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/07/07/guess-which-ny-governor-just-took-1-billion-meant-for-mta-subway-signals-and-spent-it-elsewhere/

I'm sure this is de Blasio's vault, somehow

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomradeX posted:

the MTA has been a slush fund for governors over the decades, cuomo is no different except now we're seeing the consequences of that policy hitting us like a ton of bricks. luckily, as i just posted, that's one of the reasons why his approval numbers are taking a downward trend

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

the MTA has been a slush fund for governors over the decades, cuomo is no different except now we're seeing the consequences of that policy hitting us like a ton of bricks. luckily, as i just posted, that's one of the reasons why his approval numbers are taking a downward trend

Thankfully, I don't get how anyone could actually like the bastard when it comes down too it

In other news Sheldon Silver did nothing wrong

http://nydn.us/2umtwrt

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

there is this goddamn couple of white assholes with dreadlocks who panhandle at the end of my block in front of the liquor store and I'm pretty sure they have some alternative to being there but are just horrible lazy burnouts so...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This guy I knew was ON WELFARE and he was LAZY.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

look man if you had to walk past these people every day you would hate them too.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Likely. I also wouldn't use them as a public punching bag to advance reactionary politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

look man if you had to walk past these people every day you would hate them too.

turn your monitor on