Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Available on: RSS | Website | iTunes

Social Media: Facebook | Twitter

Genre: culture, comedy.

Release Schedule: Every 2 weeks!

Goons: 1/2 the hosts are goons! There are only 2 hosts. Production and theme music by a non-goon man.

Description: Mystery Science Theater 3000 is back with a vengeance and you need opinions on it. So, use ours! It's Just A Show has myself and my co-host watching an episode of MST3K as a springboard for discussion on a number of topics brought up in this densely comic, reference-heavy cow-town puppet show. Film, sports, politics, culture high and low—these topics and others will be discussed in-depth or raised and forgotten every two weeks on It's Just A Show. Join us, won't you?

Most recent episode: 5 - Coke Will Do All the Work for You (MST3K 1102. Cry Wilderness)

Adam & Beth watch the 2nd episode of MST3K's new season on Netflix. Cry Wilderness prompts discussion of Patton Oswalt, ice cream college, Mac and Me, Bigfoot, raccoons, puberty giggles, and TV revivals (both good and bad).

Previous episodes: Yelling at Dinosaurs (MST3K 1004. Future War)
Episode #3 - A Love Letter To Suburbia (MST3K 404. Teenagers From Outer Space)
Episode #2 - Collage Of Male Adolescence (MST3K 620. Danger!! Death Ray)
Episode #1 - Nova Scotia Death Trip (MST3K 201. Rocketship X-M)

Next episode: Girls Town (MST3k 601).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 6: Greek Suburban Tragedy
The mysteries have been solved and our beloved teens have time to take a look at themselves and their relationships. Jughead gets a new look. Veronica gets a playmate. Fred gets a [SPOILER]

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: As soon after Riverdale ends as I can

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

The Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre

What This Is Supposed to Be:

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue exactly as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 02: The Hub and Vault 15

Here is the episode

What a nightmare. This week found my partner and I moving and also working and also we're in plays and also a bunch of other poo poo. I actually worked on this only two days and had to rush it out, and it kind of shows. Well, please forgive the awkward quality; I'll upload a better version when I have time. This is still very listenable, by the way. The only problems are, like...Natalia needs to be re-voiced because we used the temporary stand-in lines as we had not time to do others. They're not all bad, but sometimes it's clear the two actors in conversation have imagined the scene differently. Also some of the narration is weird; part of this podcast's mechanic is to preserve the game's faults, including, for instance, this wildly weird conversation wtih one particular guy that just...becomes stupid for no reason. I wanted to cut it, but...I want to leave it, also. Players familiar with Fallout might think, "Oh, it's that guy. I remember him. What a weird conversation."

Get it:
iTunes | Libsyn | Website | RSS

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
Like an hour or something.

Release:
The 1st and the 15th of every month.

Goons:
There are a slew of goons here. It's a goonslew.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

credburn fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 15, 2017

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeRyanPodcast
Twitter: https://twitter.com/joesryan
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | YouTube
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: I try for once every two weeks, sometimes once a week
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Guess who's back? It's been too long so Joe is back with a rambling, ranting podcast recorded live with topics including the Trumpster fire raging in Washington, the dangerous delusions of Hillary and her remaining supporters, the insanity of the media and everything else. Joe even explains where he's been for a month. Listen in!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Description: EMERGENCY TRIBUTE PODCAST - RIP Chris Cornell, 1965-2017. A true titan of 1990s rock and grunge, and an enduring figure in rock music in general, Cornell was found dead last night after performing with Soundgarden in Detroit. I share my thoughts in a quick podcast and go over how I grew up with Soundgarden and Chris Cornell's music. Let's remember together.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | SoundCloud | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Genre: culture, comedy, nostalgia, media, film, animation.

Release Schedule: Every other Thursday!

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: A Fox, a Sparrow, and a Knife Thrower

Cam, Kim, and Allan continue season 1 of Redwall and are introduced to new characters and say goodbye to others. Tune in for the discussion over morality, stay for the love triangle aversion.

Previous episodes: A Song of Mice and Furries
Episode #4 - Combat Ready: RWBY Season 1 finale
Episode #3 - Ganon Pigs
Episode #2 - Action Sequence GO

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 28, 2017

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...

The show's name: Homo Vulgaris
The show's website URL: https://soundcloud.com/hvulgaris
iTunes URL or RSS URL: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:46238545/sounds.rss
The show's genre: Culture/Politics/Comedy
Release schedule (weekly? monthly?): Bi-monthly/whenever we can manage
A brief description of what your show's all about :
Some too-online people have a loose and free-wheeling conversation about news, events and culture as a means to sketch out the shape of our emerging cyberpunk late-capitalist dystopia. "The future is here and it sucks."
Keywords: Zizek's Trashcan, Serial Experiments Lain, Chaos Magick, SubGenius, Evangelion, Sonichu, Memes, Capitalist Realism

Most Recent Episode: 12. "Fyred Up for Juicero"
https://soundcloud.com/hvulgaris/12-fyred-up-for-juicero

Pinback fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 22, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Genre: History
Released: Alternate Tuesdays
Goon: General Ironicus

Episode 27: The Cochabamba Water War

Bolivia, just like most of the developing world, spent the end of the 20th century pursuing a neoliberal agenda to gain the benefits promised by wealthier nations. In 1999 that meant privatizing a city's water supply, and the people revolted. By mid-April 2000 the country's trajectory had changed. Why weren't Americans interested in the involvement of American interests? What is the path for improving the lives of Cochabamba residents? Is Tank Girl worth a rewatch?

ajheretic666
Sep 8, 2008
My new show just launched tonight!

Podbean RSS
Also will be available on iTunes and Stitcher soon. Submissions process is unpredictable as always.

Title - Pretending With Dice
Genre - Tabletop Games/RPGs & Comedy
Duration - Roughly an Hour per Episode
Release Schedule - Bi-Weekly, every other Thursday

Brief Description - We'll be playing through various Tabletop RPGs, in short story-arc or one-shot format (i.e. Playing a game system for several episodes, and then switching to a different one). We're starting out with Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.
We're also going to be trying our best to name an NPC every episode after a suggestion from our listeners on our Facebook and Twitter.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Store:

via Threadless

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #33 - Fear

Paolo and Carrie are joined by two guests - beloved composer Ricardo Ortiz and friend of the podcast Courtney - to discuss James Foley's 1996 thriller Fear. Topics include: Mark Wahlberg messing with clocks, what constitutes a great fingering scene, and Paolo's adventures through James Foley's more recent work.

:siren: Due to Brooklyn-related circumstances, Episode #33 is being released early. We'll be back to our normal schedule for the next episode (hopefully).

Next episode: My Kid Could Paint That (2007)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 25, 2017

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Release Schedule: Every 2 weeks!

Goons: 1/2 the hosts are goons! There are only 2 hosts. Production and theme music by a non-goon man.

Description: It's Just A Show has myself and my co-host watching a random episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 as a springboard for discussion on a number of topics brought up in this densely comic, reference-heavy cow-town puppet show.

Most recent episode: 6 - It's Good When People Age (MST3K 601. Girls Town).

Girls Town lifts and separates Beth and Adam as they discuss Mamie Van Doren, Paul Anka, Mel Tormé, Mamie Van Doren (again), and Canada.

[cw: A section of this episode discusses sexual violence, which is a major plot element in this movie. The section is well marked, and does not go into graphic detail.]

Previous episodes: 5 - Coke Will Do All the Work for You (MST3K 1102. Cry Wilderness)
Episode #4 - Yelling at Dinosaurs (MST3K 1004. Future War)

Next episode: It Conquered The World (with a short: Snow Thrills) (MST3K 311).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The El Dude Brothers Podcast soldiers on! After an unfortunate hiatus we are back with a great episode recapping Episode 5 of Season 1 called "The Dream Job". We have recorded Episode 6 which is the Season 1 finale. We are also getting ready to release our "100 Like Extravaganza" in celebration of getting our Facebook page up to 100 likes (most of which are Indian men). We are recapping the pilot for the American adaption of Peep Show staring Johnny Galecki (Leonard from Big Bang Theory as Mark) and Joshua Myers (Randy from that 70's show as Jeremy). We anticipate that one to be a good show because o man is the actual episode HORRIBLE. We are really excited because we recently discovered 3 large communities of fans on Facebook where we linked the show and in two days the listens on all our episodes have doubled or tripled in some cases. We both feel like we have a lot of momentum right now!

Who are we? My name is Sean (SaltheBard) and my co-host is Lee (Mudshark). We talk about British Cult Classic tv series Peep Show! Lee has been a fan of the show almost since it's inception (according to him anyways :P) and I just discovered it about 4 years ago but I've become a hard core fan of it ever since.

What is Peep Show? Peep Show is a cult classic British TV show. It stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb as two men trying to make it in this savage world. David Mitchell plays Mark Corrigan who is your classic goon. He doesn't know really how to interact with people and he definitely doesn't understand social norms. Robert Webb plays Jeremy Usborne, Marks roommate and friend from college. Jeremy is an aspiring musician who lives off of Marks generosity. One of the appeals of this show is the way it's filmed. It's always filmed from a first person perspective which provides a lot of hilarious scenes.

The show's name - El Dude Brothers Podcast

The show's website URL https://eldudebrotherscom.wordpress.com/

Where to get it?
iTunes I RSS Feed I Soundcloud Profile

The show's genre - We recap the cult classic series Peep Show. We discuss the finer points of the episodes and talk in general about how funny it is. We are also critical of the show when necessary.

Release schedule - We have 5 episodes out now with our 6th waiting for release on Wednesday. We aim to release every Wednesday

If you have any feedback negative or positive I would appreciate it! You can PM if you want.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 30, 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

The El Dude Brothers Podcast soldiers on!
Big (suz) fan of this show! Good post and I'll give it a listen :)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 03: Junktown

Here is the episode

This is a lot more work than it sounds! Who would have thought that a one-hour-every-two-weeks podcast would require 20+ hours of tedious labor? Well, anyway, this episode our protagonist leaves The Hub behind and heads to Junktown where maybe they'll have a water chip? It doesn't sound likely, but the next possible location is across the entire wasteland.

I hope I mentioned everyone who helped out. This gets drat tricky now because there are fifty people involved and many of them dropped out but only after I'd credited them, and then there were changes and...oh my...

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
Like an hour or something.

Release:
The 1st and the 15th of every month.

Goons:

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | SoundCloud | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: Basic military strategy, what?

Cam, Kim, and Allan continue the back half of season 1 of Redwall with lots of discussions about the accuracy of military tactics as presented and spend too much time talking about how inaccurate similar tactics are in season 6 of Game of Thrones. Spoiler Warning for the back half of season 6 of GoT.

Previous episodes: A Fox, a Sparrow, and a Knife Thrower
A Song of Mice and Furries
Episode #3 - Ganon Pigs

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 28, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 28: Great Lakes Shipwrecks

Happy Anniversary honey bunches! We're going back to where our show began and hitting some of our favorite themes as Alaina teaches us about some famous shipwrecks of the Great Lakes! Each of these events has at least one folk song about them, too. How much history is lost on lakebeds? If folk music preserves these stories, do musicians have a duty to the facts? Will anyone from Cleveland ever listen to our show again?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Memory Lane 1: Return to Riverdale
This episode covers To Riverdale and Back Again/Return to Riverdale by Evan Katz; directed by Dick Lowry
Before the CW slathered us in saturated syrup, there was another live-action adaptation. This 1990 NBC Sunday Night Movie ages the crew up 15 years and then puts them right back in the same situations, to awkward and disappointing results.
Did Veronica inspire Courtney Cox's look? How much did a stamp even cost back then? WHAT AM A SEX?

New logo by Callum! @calciumtrice

Release schedule: Monthly, in the show's off-season

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #34 - Accidental Love

Paolo and Carrie go it alone for a discussion of "Stephen Greene" and his 2015 political screwball comedy, Accidental Love. Topics include: Stephen Greene's origin story, television-style comedy writing, and one weird trick for enjoying Accidental Love and Alien: Covenant.

Next episode: The Burning (1981)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 25, 2017

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: The circus continues. Joe breaks his mini-sabbatical with a summary of where we are with Trump, Comey and all the rest but takes a look ahead at what's next and most importantly the challenges waiting in a post-Trump era. We will go over current Democratic recriminations and end that discussion with a plea to focus on common goals. Rounding out the show, a meditation on the healing powers of live music, and another tribute to the copious work of Chris Cornell.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

BRACE YERSELF FOR A DOUBLE DOSE OF i-WEB GABBIN'~!!!

Episode 18: Interview with Lance and Ruth Ward In this special episode of the COMIC BROS podcast, Jin sits down in the studio of fellow Saint Paul cartoonist and podcaster Lance Ward. They are both interviewed by Lance's millennial daughter, Ruth Ward. She has many curiosities as a developing young artist! Jin's Note: I really enjoyed Ruth's questions, and this is easily my favorite interview I have ever done.

Episode 19: Interview with Derf Backderf On this episode of The COMIC BROS Podcast Mark sits down with Derf Backderf. After Mark settles down, they talk about Derf’s career, his comics and even throw out some thoughts on the state of the floppy Superdude industry.

Lance Ward: https://tatertotdiaperman.wordpress.com/
Derf Backderf: http://www.derfcity.com/

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 04: The City of the Dead

Here is the episode

Phew! I can't explain why, but this episode was by far the hardest one to put together. Fallout's sound effects are handled much more intricately than Final Fantasy. In FF, you just had a kind of "attack" sound effect. In Fallout, you have four: attack lead in, attack, attack connect, target reaction. This one has a good full hour of content! And fifteen minutes of my partner and I talking. You can skip to about 3:45 in if you want to skip our preamble ramble. Thanks to all you wonderful goons for lending your voices. This episode uses I think at least one line from every male contributor (this is the Wasteland and is not safe for women...unless you're Natalia the Groin Puncher.) Also featured: Brad Garrett!

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
An hour and also a quarter of an hour.

Release:
The 1st and the 15th of every month. Except this coming 1st; we're taking a short break and will return on the 15th of next month.

Goons:

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: It's just too hot outside. Some heat addled thoughts as we plow through the dreaded Trump-Russia Summer From Hell. We start on the congressional shooting incident and go over how we have problems just talking to one another nowadays, discuss the Republican fascination with big business giveaways, and go back into the Democratic squabbling just a bit. Have we lost all hope as a country? Join in the summertime lament.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Most recent episode: REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!

Cam, Kim, and Allan close out the first season of Redwall being wowed by on-screen decapitation and the revelation of favourite characters and by whom they are voiced.

Previous episodes: Basic military strategy, what?
A Fox, a Sparrow, and a Knife Thrower

Going forward there will be no new episodes posted on SoundCloud as Kim and I cannot afford to pay storage fees for two websites. We apologise for anyone that planned to tune in via that platform, we may revisit it at a future date.

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 28, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 29: Richard J Daley

Six months ago, Grant mentioned he'd come back to talk more about a significant person, and now he's making good! Hizzoner, Richard J Daley, was Da Mare for over 20 years. Last and perhaps greatest of the big city bosses, he wielded unchallenged power in the city which came with national influence. Even so, he was always the South Side altar boy, diligently studying the financials. Where there is power, must there be ambition? If everybody's getting a piece, is it still corruption? Who doesn't love the Sox?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Most recent episode: Episode #35 - The Burning

Paolo and Carrie go it alone again (naturally) for a discussion of Tony Maylam's 1981 summer camp slasher The Burning. Topics include: blatant continuity errors, spatially impossible murders, and one of the slasher genre's greatest kill scenes.

:siren: Due to Upper Peninsula-related circumstances, Episode #36 will not be released until July 14th. Why not listen to some of older episodes in the meantime? :cmon:

Next episode: Southern Comfort (1981)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 25, 2017

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Yet another double feature!? :derp: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT?!?!?!

Episode 20: MORE interviewin' with Lance Ward In this encore special episode of the COMIC BROS podcast, Jin returns to the studio of fellow Saint Paul cartoonist and podcaster Lance Ward to share a conversation and interview. Jin and Lance discuss the similarities between their work -- and how autobiographical material has affected their lives.

Episode 21: Stop fuckin' around! Mark and Root get together in-studio in Houston, and overcome the long delay of technical difficulties to record COMIC BROS podcast Episode 021! Root is gradually consumed by his day job, while Mark and Jin discuss their most recent conventions and shows. Jin is ALL FIRED UP for a talk about motivation, kickstarting productivity, and breaking out of creative ruts!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry for not pimping in this post but I have a question about play count on Soundcloud.

I'm a nerd and I watch this stuff religiously but our 7th episode had close to 80 listens at the end of it's first week on soundcloud, 8th was about 70, 9th was about 54, and after 3 days our newest episode is trending right in that area. This is kind of weird because our 6th episode came in at close to 100. Now I know this could just be that people aren't listening to the show and my co-host and I don't really care because we are doing this for ourselves more than anything. However what got me wondering is, are we maybe having more people subscribe via itunes, google play, other podcatcher services that they aren't coming to our soundcloud page? So long question short - Do podcast plays on other services (itunes, stitcher, play music) increase the amount of listens displayed on Soundcloud? I have tried to google this and I can't really find a concrete Yes or No answer.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: Joe had some extra time in a car so guess what: live podcast! We may make this a frequent thing at the Joe Ryan Podcast after some false starts: Driving With Joe. Today's topics include the Impeach Trump March and staying focused on actual issues as Trump once again hijacks the media cycle with offensive tweets. Then on to the big story of this week: my response to the inflammatory Dana Loeach NRA advertisement. Join the road trip!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 30: Lost Disney

Alaina brings us back to her Disney series, talking about things you won't find there anymore. Is Walt Disney World a living time capsule? What obligation is there to the memories of past guests? Why are some species of birds treated so differently?

Opendork
Jan 14, 2006

I've been doing a thing for a while now that maybe some people will find interesting.

Site / RSS / iTunes / Google Play / Twitter / Facebook

Genre: Video games / criticism

Released: Currently every few weeks.

Goon: Opendork

Description: Cohosts Davide and Robert play the wordiest adventure or Visual Novel games and talk about them in depth, occasionally for more than one episode, and sometimes including related material and adaptations. A good jumping on point is our recent coverage of the Ace Attorney inspired game Aviary Attorney.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Release Schedule: Fortnightly or your money back!

Description: Whether you're totally unfamiliar with the show or an obsessed nerd who thinks only in TV, It's Just A Show has you covered. My co-host and I watch a random episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 as a springboard for discussion on a number of topics brought up in this densely comic, reference-heavy cow-town puppet show.

Most recent episode: 8 - Scrambled Eggs (MST3K 101. The Crawling Eye).

The first episode of our "origins trilogy" where we review and discuss each of the three hosts debut episodes. For Joel's first episode, we discuss the show's "zeroth" season at KTMA, real-life LASIK surgery horrors, The Misfits, J. Elvis Weinstein's legacy, and the general weirdness you find in a long-running show's first season (TNG, The Simpsons, Parks And Recreation, etc.)

Previous episodes: 7 - I Envy Your Joy Of Movement (MST3K 311: It Conquered The World/Snow Thrills).
6 - It's Good When People Age (MST3K 601. Girls Town).
5 - Coke Will Do All the Work for You (MST3K 1102. Cry Wilderness)
Episode #4 - Yelling at Dinosaurs (MST3K 1004. Future War)

Next episode: The next step in our origins trilogy, we look at Mike Nelson's first show aboard the Satellite Of Love, The Brain That Wouldn't Die (MST3K 513).

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: Up way too late and coming back on live, it's another bit of rambling. First thing's first: there were protests in Austin today, important ones by some very dedicated folks who deserve recognition (Good for you, @TxADAPT). Going on from that, Joe addresses the idiotic "Back to the Center, Democrats" NY Times Op-Ed by some true political hacks, and finishes up by pontificating on being a "Xennial," or the micro-generation that straddles GenX and Milennials, and what that means.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: Lego is awesome

Kim makes Cam watch The Lego Movie, finally. Join them as they talk about childhood experiences with Lego and how the movie got everything revolving around Lego right.

Previous episodes: REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!
Basic military strategy, what?

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 28, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Memory Lane 2: Archie Vs Predator
This episode covers Archie Vs. Predator, the comic series written by Alex de Campi, drawn by Fernando Ruiz, published by Dark Horse comics
Some ideas are just fun. Sometimes those ideas grow to include a nuanced take on the intention vs the actions of "nice guys". Sometimes they juggle 17 characters and give them all a reason to be there, and most of them a memorable death. Sometimes a crossover is even better than an original property it draws from. We love this book.

Release schedule: Monthly, in the show's off-season

Hen
Aug 22, 2006

WikiLeaks on Weed

The podcast where Crunch Dog and Larry stumble their way through the most important geopolitical questions of the modern age. The latest episode is Episode 003 - The Libertarian Party Loves our poo poo wherein we discover that we are the official spokespeople of the Libertarian Party of Ohio and also talk about space for a while.

Genre: Political / Comedy
Release Schedule: Pretty much weekly

Soundcloud
Google Play
Twitter
Patreon
Facebook
Medium
YouTube

Hen fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 11, 2017

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: Driving with Joe is back! As the you know what hits the fan, Joe comes to you live from his car to talk the two bits of news: Health care "reform" is NOT dead in the Senate so DON'T STOP RESISTING! Also, Donald Trump Jr goes onto Twitter and falls flat on his face. Join in the fun and enjoy the sideshow! Lots of salty language in this one so listener discretion encouraged.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Majide?!

Blog | iTunes | Google Play | RSS

Genre:
Media/Culture

Release Schedule:
Every-Other-Weekly, Wednesdays

Goons:
mikeycp

Description:
Listen to Mike and Jon talk about their favorite aspects of Japanese media and culture on Majide?!

Most Recent Episode (Episode 2):
This week on Majide Mike and Jon discuss a new take on a 90's favorite in the live action adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin, Rurouni Kenshin: Origins.

Web Version

Next Time on Majide:
Godzilla (Gojira and 2014 Legendary Godzilla)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: Body Cop, Cold Cop

Cam has Kim watch Osmosis Jones and they take turns discussing how creative it is and also how it is both very gross but not gross enough. Tune in for the puns, tune out for the puns.

Previous episodes: Lego is awesome
REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!
Basic military strategy, what?

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 28, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Most recent episode: Episode #36 - Southern Comfort

Paolo and Carrie are joined by filmmaker & contributor to Chicago film guide Cine-File, John Dickson, to discuss Walter Hill's 1981 bayou thriller Southern Comfort. Topics include: broad similarities between this and Aliens, real animal corpses, and what the film argues about the United States.

Next episode: My Kid Could Paint That (2007)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The only Peep Show podcast officially endorsed by Matt "Super Hans" King continues it's streak of falling up. On Sunday July 9th the podcast blew the gently caress up. Matt King (one of the 4 main stars of Peep Show) tweeted about our show and it's been a hell of a ride since. We were top 25 the UK iTunes chart (Tv & Film) for 4 days. We also have had our 4 biggest days in the history of the show since. Unfortunately it has not been all rainbows. My original co-host (Lee) has had to quit the series (temporarily? permanently? Not sure yet due to circumstances beyond his control. In Lees stead I've picked up a new co host Laura from London. We are currently wrapping up Series 2 (we'll be recording Wedding on Saturday). Between Series 2 and 3 I believe we are going to watch and talk about "The Magicians" and then start onto Series 3 (the -Ing Series). The dynamic of the show is substantially different with Laura because I now have a Londoner to explain all the pop culture references I don't get. I have very much enjoyed the two episodes we've done (University Challenge and The Man Show) and look forward to continuing on with her.

Who are we? My name is Sean (SaltheBard) and my co-host is Laura (From London). We talk about British Cult Classic tv series Peep Show! Laura has been a fan of the show almost since it's inception (she started watching at Uni) and I just discovered it about 4 years ago but I've become a hard core fan of it ever since.

What is Peep Show? Peep Show is a cult classic British TV show. It stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb as two men trying to make it in this savage world. David Mitchell plays Mark Corrigan who is your classic goon. He doesn't know really how to interact with people and he definitely doesn't understand social norms. Robert Webb plays Jeremy Usborne, Marks roommate and friend from college. Jeremy is an aspiring musician who lives off of Marks generosity. One of the appeals of this show is the way it's filmed. It's always filmed from a first person perspective which provides a lot of hilarious scenes.

The show's name - El Dude Brothers Podcast

The show's website URL https://eldudebrotherscom.wordpress.com/

Where to get it?
iTunes I RSS Feed I Soundcloud Profile

The show's genre - We recap the cult classic series Peep Show. We discuss the finer points of the episodes and talk in general about how funny it is. We are also critical of the show when necessary.

Release schedule - We have 12 episodes out now with our 13th waiting to be recorded

If you have any feedback negative or positive I would appreciate it! You can PM if you want.