Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Boco_T posted:

I can't figure out how to actually get the CAWs into the game, I've never used Steam Workshop before.
Click "Subscribe" on the Steam Workshop page and they'll automatically download (they're very small files, so it'll be close to instant). Then in the game (restart if it's already open) go to Edit Mode > Team Edit > Transfer Wrestler > Retire and un-retire your new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Two things...

How do you change CPU to myself in exhibition? It's just simming matches

And how do you get the caws from the workshop to work? I have Omega

This isn't really a game you play

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

EdsTeioh posted:

I can't get my controller to do do gently caress all in FPW. About to refund this bullshit.

What controller setup are you using? I had some frustrating experiences recently with Steam not liking my wireless Xbox 360 receiver setup. I had to go into Big Picture mode controller settings and from that menu un-check the "Xbox configuration support" option for it to get to recognize my controller. YMMV, but check those settings out before you refund if you havent.

P.S. i declare myself official president of the Alex THE WALL Thompson firepro fanclub

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

already there are two perfect AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura caws haha

the Rollins and Omega up are good too although the Omega probably needs a shave

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

beggar posted:

What controller setup are you using? I had some frustrating experiences recently with Steam not liking my wireless Xbox 360 receiver setup. I had to go into Big Picture mode controller settings and from that menu un-check the "Xbox configuration support" option for it to get to recognize my controller. YMMV, but check those settings out before you refund if you havent.

P.S. i declare myself official president of the Alex THE WALL Thompson firepro fanclub

Steel Series 3GC. I got it to work eventually by checking and unchecking all that business, but now I can't taunt.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Seth Rollins and Shingo Takagi just went 100% on my first match simmed. Successful start to the new Fire Pro season. :unsmith:

Then the online match I tried to join failed to join and forced a hard restart. :ohdear:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Is there a good guide for how to play a Fire Pro game somewhere? Went through the tutorial stuff and got fairly comfortable with the grappling timing, but then it dumps you into "win a match by pinfall" and I have so many questions still. (Do you have to input something to kick out of pins or fight out of submissions? Dragging yourself to the ropes? How do you counter something?)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody know if there's glasses in the CAW section of Fire Pro?

- edit Some guy at Arena is making a list of what head is what. http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1064 So if you were rushing to make Brie Bella, she's 117

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 11, 2017

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
To kick out of pins you just hold A and it will kick out if you still have enough to kick out. To get out of submissions you spin the stick/circle the d-pad. Circling is also how you win the test of strength when you tie on a grapple. Counters are automatic based on how hard a move you are trying to do compared to their damage.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Someone has already created NL Slip.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fire Pro Collections = http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=564230&browsesort=trend&section=collections
Fire Pro Edits = http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=564230&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Shellman posted:

Is there a good guide for how to play a Fire Pro game somewhere? Went through the tutorial stuff and got fairly comfortable with the grappling timing, but then it dumps you into "win a match by pinfall" and I have so many questions still. (Do you have to input something to kick out of pins or fight out of submissions? Dragging yourself to the ropes? How do you counter something?)

There's a tutorial in mission mode, which I think is under offline play. Play that. I had no clue how to play either.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Which ones are everybody subscribing to for CAWs? Bout to buy it.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

spongeh posted:

There's a tutorial in mission mode, which I think is under offline play. Play that. I had no clue how to play either.

That's the tutorial I did. Didn't cover really anything about playing defense.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I created custom Promotions (WWE, NJPW, etc) but it won't let me transfer anybody I subscribe to to them. Only SWA

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Create a stable within the promotion, it is not very intuitive

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Does choosing Face/Heel/Neutral have any impact on that?

Like, I made a Promotion (WWE) and then had to make a Stable (RAW) and put Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe in it (example). But they both aren't face.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Probably not

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Anyone having trouble playing online? All I get is a black screen after the menus. Is this a port forwarding issue? It shouldn't be because I haven't had those troubles before.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

89 posted:

Does choosing Face/Heel/Neutral have any impact on that?

Like, I made a Promotion (WWE) and then had to make a Stable (RAW) and put Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe in it (example). But they both aren't face.

Nah, the group alignment thing is just for organizational purposes. It doesn't have any effect besides different text on the select screen.

... unless they changed something.

(DJKM on his old packs liked to divide companies up into, say, "RAW heels" and "RAW faces" if you wanna do that)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Sigh. My laptop is ancient and gets a little too hot when I play TEW. I'm gonna have to wait for the PS4 version of FPW.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I can't wait until the die hard dudes start throwing up big packs

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We're still gonna be able to download full saves, right?

FPW CAWs get pretty extensive. Don't think I want to put in the time to organize 500 wrestlers individually

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just started with it. The laptop runs it, chugs a little, but seems to work so far.

It's pretty fun! I have not played a Fire Pro game but it seems like what I was hoping it would be, a fast-playing, sorta arcadey wrestling game. The AI is good and responsive.

CAW- I do wish it did asymmetry more easily, letting you have a lopsided costume (I was trying to recreate Zoya's costume from GLOW, which has one normal sleeve and one that's detached). And yeah going through the moveset is a bit of work.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Word of advice to anyone with decent machines: use v-sync.

Game speed seems to be tied to FPS so when it runs at 120fps the game is ridiculously fast. :stare:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

New Legacy is doing wrestlebets for Fire Pro World in the BRAWFRAW 2000017 tournament

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Testekill posted:

New Legacy is doing wrestlebets for Fire Pro World in the BRAWFRAW 2000017 tournament

In fact Freight Train vs. CM Punk is next

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Dishwasher posted:

Anyone having trouble playing online? All I get is a black screen after the menus. Is this a port forwarding issue? It shouldn't be because I haven't had those troubles before.

Maybe 1/3 of all matches I have tried, both creating and joining matches have black screened on me.

If I do get a match, I have had our selected characters swapped a few times, i think it made the aj styles guy very angry to have to play with my exotico.

I have been trying to put on a performance in my matches, but it seems like most of the wrestlers I go up against would be better off mixing cement. When I get tired of them I will either go for weapons or just chickenshit heel up the ramp.

Also, my first couple matches were unplayably laggy, but i have had some relatively stable ones lately.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I love that they added the strike contest spots. At first, I figured that had to be just a move someone had, but when I jumped into edit mode I noticed that there's a move category for strike contest, so I think that's actually being triggered dynamically somehow (maybe on ties?).

So cool.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Testekill posted:

The final is starting now: Kobashi vs Rikishi

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

how do you pause in this game, i started a sim match and i can't stop it

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
How do you taunt on a 360 controller? It feels like I've tried every button and I haven't been able to trigger it.

I don't understand why they don't have a dedicated button (picking up weapons is also an action that needs it's own button, nothing like running into explosive barbed wire because the game decides to run)

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Call Me Charlie posted:

How do you taunt on a 360 controller? It feels like I've tried every button and I haven't been able to trigger it.

I don't understand why they don't have a dedicated button (picking up weapons is also an action that needs it's own button, nothing like running into explosive barbed wire because the game decides to run)

Right analog up/left/right/down.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972921047

Anyone done that corner grapple mission yet? It's like mission 6. Says whip the guy in the corner and press direction and hard attack, but my guys move just goes through him

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

thefncrow posted:

Right analog up/left/right/down.

Nah, that just makes me run.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Anyone done that corner grapple mission yet? It's like mission 6. Says whip the guy in the corner and press direction and hard attack, but my guys move just goes through him

Haven't played World yet but it functions just like a normal grapple in Returns.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

EdsTeioh posted:

Nah, that just makes me run.

It taunts for me and I'm using a 360 controller as well. Are there controller settings in game? Didn't even check

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It taunts for me and I'm using a 360 controller as well. Are there controller settings in game? Didn't even check

Yeah, there are, but there isn't a parameter for taunts.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I did it last night; it's not worded properly because it wants you to initiate a corner grapple by walking into him and then direction+BIG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

oldskool posted:

I did it last night; it's not worded properly because it wants you to initiate a corner grapple by walking into him and then direction+BIG.

Ah that makes sense thanks