Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm starting XCOM 2 again, who wants into my army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll do it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to kiss the aliens

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh hey it remembered Cjacobs, Oddium, FAK and Red Bones somehow.
:coffeepal:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I kept putting off Wasteland 2 until it got patches and polish and now it's been years and I have trouble caring enough to start it. That's my Wasteland 2 story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i don't remember if this is wasteland 1 or 2

That's fallout new vegas on the old rear end laptop I played that game on at 800x600

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the original Wasteland was the first CRPG i beat and goddamn i loved it, it was so goofy

Lizard Wizard posted:

right here boss

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Weren't the Rangers in New Vegas a reference to the Wasteland Rangers?

That bit of story in NV was more interesting than all of Wasteland 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I think owning a Switch has officially retired my Vita. If the switch could play PS2 games it would be the greatest console of all time

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Gaming ambrosia

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the new california republic rangers are a reference to the Arizona Ranger from big iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPArO-OI_3U

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh hey it remembered Cjacobs, Oddium, FAK and Red Bones somehow.
:coffeepal:

*sheepishly restarts but with the tutorial enabled this time* this may no longer be true

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Put a gun in my hand chief.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Weren't the Rangers in New Vegas a reference to the Wasteland Rangers?

That bit of story in NV was more interesting than all of Wasteland 2

The rangers in New Vegas are an expansion of the rangers in Fallout 1 (they may have been in 2 as well?), which were a direct reference to Wasteland's rangers. Their iconic uniform comes from the description of a character in Fallout 1 which they didn't have the graphics to properly represent in-game.

oddium posted:

the new california republic rangers are a reference to the Arizona Ranger from big iron

That is incorrect.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey July games thread, if you made a spicy dinner that was based around a squid girl pop star and a legendary pokemon would it be Callie Entei? Peace

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Hey July games thread, if you made a spicy dinner that was based around a squid girl pop star and a legendary pokemon would it be Callie Entei? Peace

Jesus dude

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oddium, Cjacobs and Red Bones, good news: y'all are my starter guys along with the default-rear end Jane Kelly.

Red Bones, if you don't post in the thread soon I might give your guy to another user.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oddium, Cjacobs and Red Bones, good news: y'all are my starter guys along with the default-rear end Jane Kelly.

Red Bones, if you don't post in the thread soon I might give your guy to another user.

I look forward to dying horribly in battle :tipshat:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso posted:

No, it wouldn't

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Lizard Wizard posted:

Make me the gay one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat specter of torment. Doesnt hold up to plague of shadows but still fun.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've been slowly making my way through Zelda's Master Mode when I have free time. Today I sold a laptop and bought ARMS with the gift card. And I could not possibly be more excited for Splatoon.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ooh I want in!

That reminds me, how playable is XCom2 on ps4?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Got some weird glitches in Nier: A. Found a save point, cleared it of enemies, couldn't activate. Nearby item I couldn't pick up. Every time I dashed and tried to start running, 2B would stand in place in a single mid-running animation frame. I could spin her around but not move at all. I went back to a different save point and quit. Maybe my pc is dying or something.

e: oh, and it said the network connection dropped at some point during all this.

Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJSiVyUVXhQ

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Whew, finally finished Hollow Knight. It good. It long.
I was like, boy that final boss sure was anti-climactic :v: But then Radiance only took me 2 tries anyway because Abyss Skriek just kills his second form outright so that was awfully easy as well, but at least a hell of a lot more satisfying.

Sitting at 99% completion but I don't think I really care enough to go back and do Trial of Fools at this point. Game was plenty long enough as it is.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oddium has reprised her role as a drone lady, though she's sleeping off a few bullet wounds at the moment.

I wanna say these are the classes they were before? CJacobs definitely is. That's neat.

Still my favorite.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Make me the gay one

you asked for this

Snak posted:

Ooh I want in!

That reminds me, how playable is XCom2 on ps4?

It's pretty good, though I wish it made use of the touch pad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

wasteland 2 is actually Very Very Good but it has some real sketchy game design that may or may not annoy the gently caress out of you

i'd say it's on par with Fallout 2 gamewise but the story/NPC stuff isn't nearly as good

caveat: i'm talking about the "revamped" version, at launch Wasteland 2 was something i had to try real hard to like

Yeah I'd advise if you're looking at wasteland they set out to make "more wasteland" but this didn't include fixing any of the issues wasteland had, including some skills being worthless and weird pacing.
I still had a lot of fun with it though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

When this track started playing perfectly timed with me storming the NCR Correctional Facility and I was smoking fools with a six-shooter I had picked up, I knew the game was something special and that still remains one of my favorite gaming moments

Propaganda Hour posted:

Make me the gay one

You have to wait for the expansion for soldier relationships I think

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lizard Wizard posted:

Put me in coach.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Digirat posted:

Man now I'm remembering louie's detailed notes on how to cook and eat every single enemy in the game

Pikmin 2 is so good

The louie notes are one of the best rewards for game completion imo. So good.

oddium posted:

i want to kiss the aliens

Are you more into thinmen or vipers

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This is uncanny

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

make me the :420: one

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Second mission was a success, with gay man evolving to gay man with sword, and Joseph Joestar developing his stand Hacker Purple. Everyone is very wounded.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

If you need fresh blood put me in?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay thanks for the info. I might pick up Wasteland 2 when on sale one of these days because I really liked Fallout 1 and 2.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I'll do it

Darn tootin' you'll do it, and you're gonna show those x-rays the meaning of the word tetanus.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://www.hara-ue.com/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey, don't kinkshame.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The wire running from the tv to the weight is how the game tells the weight how heavy to be.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

XCOM 2 trip report: getting the entire squad maimed early on sort of stifled early operations. Oddium and the sword boys have flourished alongside Cjacobs and her trusty gatling gun. FAK has languished somewhat due to his injury and the game just not automatically picking him after that, and Red Bones, our only sniper, remains shaken by the sight of defenseless civilians being mowed down at a resistance camp.

Having a squad that regularly features two sword boys has proven frighteningly effective. Soon we strike at the ADVENT Blacksite, where hopefully FAK will earn a level or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

• Locked thread