Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Imagine only owning grey joycons...

The man behind me in line was very sad when I got the last neon Switch. I felt bad, but I am not about that grey life. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Black on grey on black on grey

Repeated forever

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

irlZaphod posted:

It's me but I have the keyfactory spla2n silicone covers on preorder

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

irlZaphod posted:

I don’t have to imagine it. I am living it.

:geno:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neon and Splatoon colors are kid trash and I am a grown rear end man playing this mobile entertainment system using Grey joycons as god intended.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I have the neon and the yellow ones and it's taking a lot of willpower to not pick up the Splatoon ones as well

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I feel like my Kirby avatar is one of the best Kirby avatars on the site.

Well you probably got the idea for it from my thread icon :colbert:.

Poser. :colbert::colbert:

It's a very nice avatar indeed.

You're seeing things :rolleyes:. Christ, I swear, people see Loss in the silliest places...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AndrewP posted:

Jesus Christ

ok so I guess it's Evo weekend which brings me to my next question, where the gently caress is Smash Bros

Hopefully, banned forever from all monetized tournaments.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I don't plan on getting more than one additional pair of joycons and will be waiting for the perfect color scheme. I mean, that or they start going on sale at some point and I collect them all.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Neon and Splatoon colors are kid trash and I am a grown rear end man playing this mobile entertainment system using Grey joycons as god intended.
I am normally all about being a grown rear end man, but the neon Switch was the one Amazon had for me to click. So now I am pretty much committed to having the Most Colorful Console.

Plus my wife informed me that green and pink are Sailor Jupiter's colors, so it may be out of my hands.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm tired of Melee, because its been the same thing for the past few years, but smash 4 should be at least treated better by the FGC. melee is always the main event for some reason, and I just don't get why it still is.

besides, melee doesn't even have duck hunt dog.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

I'm tired of Melee, because its been the same thing for the past few years, but smash 4 should be at least treated better by the FGC. melee is always the main event for some reason, and I just don't get why it still is.

grognards

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Hopefully, banned forever from all monetized tournaments.

Oh, I just meant like where is it For The Switch

this is the first Nintendo console I've ever owned and I need some goddamned Smash pls

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

VideoGames posted:

I feel like my Kirby avatar is one of the best Kirby avatars on the site.
Amppelix has (the cropped version of) the same one :v:

AndrewP posted:

ok so I guess it's Evo weekend which brings me to my next question, where the gently caress is Smash Bros
In the bin, where it belongs.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 13, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if EVO insists on dragging the bloated lovely corpse of Melee around forever can they at least resurrect something like MV2 or SF3 instead. Melee loving sucks to watch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would suspect Smash for Switch has been quietly in development for a while and they will announce it sometime in 2018, but not more than a year from its planned release. Probably in the January or April direct with a lot of coverage at E3

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i could get behind nothing but smash for next E3

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

i could get behind nothing but smash for next E3

*With no mention of Prime 4.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nephzinho posted:

good, metroid sucks

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nephzinho posted:

*But the Samus in Switch Smash will have her Prime 4 armor, with no other context

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My guess is that Smash for Switch is done, it's ready, a huge run of carts have been made and packaged and Nintendo simply forgot to release it because every employee all the way up to the top thought that was someone else's responsibility and oh boy are they all gonna be embarrassed when they realize that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grand theft grotto posted:

My guess is that Smash for Switch is done, it's ready, a huge run of carts have been made and packaged and Nintendo simply forgot to release it because every employee all the way up to the top thought that was someone else's responsibility and oh boy are they all gonna be embarrassed when they realize that.

*turns to camera and shrugs*

Oopsie!!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

Smash 4 is Sunday tho?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It'll be released on March 2nd 2018, marking 1 year of the Switch's release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The part of the FGC that organizes tournaments likes 4. It's easier to deal with and looks better and normal people play it.

Melee on the other hand involves sourcing CRTs and dealing with the same four prima donnas who win all the tournaments and need defective GameCube controllers

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Finally picked up one of these. Paid a bit more than retail but oh well.

What are some e-shop only games? Most of my interest has been obviously the first party Nintendo stuff

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

spit on my clit posted:

Fwiw Evo is giving Smash 4 the sunday slot, which is usually considered the better slot for finals.

I think part of it is that when Melee came back to the FGC only for Melee, the FGC wasn't really expecting Smash 4 to actually become as or more popular. That's why last years Evo put Melee on the sunday slot and Smash 4 on saturday even though Smash 4 had the larger numbers. They corrected it this year and we'll see how it is.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Melee on the other hand involves sourcing CRTs and dealing with the same four prima donnas who win all the tournaments and need defective GameCube controllers

Let's not forget that Zero dominated Smash 4 for the first year or so. I haven't watched Smash 4 in a while but I assume MK Leo has it this year.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ventana posted:

Fwiw Evo is giving Smash 4 the sunday slot, which is usually considered the better slot for finals.

I think part of it is that when Melee came back to the FGC only for Melee, the FGC wasn't really expecting Smash 4 to actually become as or more popular. That's why last years Evo put Melee on the sunday slot and Smash 4 on saturday even though Smash 4 had the larger numbers. They corrected it this year and we'll see how it is.

Well, that makes more sense, I'm glad for that

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

spit on my clit posted:

I think Melee is finally dying. It had less entrants than Smash 4 this year at CEO, and top 8 wasn't even on the last day.

And good riddance I say, I was able to actually walk the hallways freely this year, and not have to tiptoe around countless pop-up Melee setups with a dozen nerds sitting on the floor crowded around each one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Finally picked up one of these. Paid a bit more than retail but oh well.

What are some e-shop only games? Most of my interest has been obviously the first party Nintendo stuff
ACA NeoGeo games (Metal Slugs, every SNK fighting game ever apparently, Magical Drop)
Blaster Master Zero
Shantae
Snipperclips
Kamiko
GoNNER
Mighty Gunvolt Burst

Not eShop only but may be your bag:
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Disgaea 5

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

Melee has a much higher skill ceiling because of the control scheme and physics so you have people playing the game for 15 years who do things that wouldn't at first glance seem humanly possible, and fighting game tournaments live for that kinda poo poo

I like smash 4 better now because I don't spend my entire life playing games in the dorm all day but I used to do melee tournaments (in 2005, the skill level was not what it was today) and honestly a good melee match was a level of satisfaction most competitive games do not reach

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

ACA NeoGeo games (Metal Slugs, every SNK fighting game ever apparently, Magical Drop)
Blaster Master Zero
Shantae
Snipperclips
Kamiko
GoNNER
Mighty Gunvolt Burst

Not eShop only but may be your bag:
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Disgaea 5

Oh wow that's more than I expected. Some of these look like my kinda thing.

Now I'm looking at youtube videos of waku waku 7

And yeah I definitely will keep Puyo Puyo in mind, Disgaea 5 I considered briefly but I've played 1-4 well into the optional content and I think I had enough of that game.

I also held off on Hollow Knight waiting for the switch version if that's out soon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Get shovel knight trove and neo turf masters.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The part of the FGC that organizes tournaments likes 4. It's easier to deal with and looks better and normal people play it.

lol, there's a lot of spill over like M2K still playing Smash 4 and there was recently a Smash 4 player two sexually assaulted someone else in her bed while she was sleeping next to her boyfriend. The Smash 4 community hasn't had time to flourish into the gigantic turd that the Melee scene has, give it time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i always pick the power-oriented golfer. gotta drive that motherfucker to the store if you want to win

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol, there's a lot of spill over like M2K still playing Smash 4 and there was recently a Smash 4 player two sexually assaulted someone else in her bed while she was sleeping next to her boyfriend. The Smash 4 community hasn't had time to flourish into the gigantic turd that the Melee scene has, give it time.

I think the room's solution to that was having her move to another bed(which he crawled into again as soon as he thought she was asleep).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jesús. Just end competitive Smash

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

That dude got kicked from the community and now competes in Mexico (where he's from)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jesús. Just end competitive Smash

The FGC isn't that much better with people like Noel Brown who beat the poo poo out of girlfriend and I think he did it twice, he also got into a fist fight on stream with someone else. I'm sure there's more people like that but he's all I can recall right now.

Then again professional sports players aren't that much better, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

I think Melee is finally dying. It had less entrants than Smash 4 this year at CEO, and top 8 wasn't even on the last day.

And good riddance I say, I was able to actually walk the hallways freely this year, and not have to tiptoe around countless pop-up Melee setups with a dozen nerds sitting on the floor crowded around each one.

I wouldn't mind melee going away if PM wasn't killed off by Nintendo, since smash 4 plays so differently than the earlier iterations that people prefer one or the other

• Locked thread