Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pubic works project posted:

Guys I really don't think KD looked shook during the ESPY's. He was just pondering what Peyton's farts smell like.

Mmmmmmmmm love that fresh Papa John smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

pubic works project posted:

Guys I really don't think KD looked shook during the ESPY's. He was just pondering what Peyton's farts smell like.

Pepperoni and cheese

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
KD was thinking about all those leotarded farts everywhere on the Olympic gymnastics team

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Would you guys just make a fart joke thread already

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dexo posted:

I know jokes, but there are only 30 GM jobs available in the league.

It is totally a prestige position for a front office member.

Only those who have already done it, or know they are next up, would ever turn down any GM job.

Plus it takes Dolan forever to fire someone who is clearly not doing well at the job.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cool Buff Man posted:

Fall back cool buff man

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Jota posted:

Very sage.

- Kevin Durant after hanging out with a girl who ate Mediterranean

:wow:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Sacramento had been doing ok lately

I wonder how much of it is that guy

A lot of it is. He's pretty respected for his contacts and relations and pretty much the second he got here we had no problem working out candidates or getting actual free agents to talk with us and not just use as a tool for leverage

Ken Catanella is credited with some of the good contracts we've put together, but Perry has gotten the credit for the coherent off-season

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ramadu posted:

Fall back cool buff man

?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

euphronius posted:

Sacramento had been doing ok lately

I wonder how much of it is that guy

Could be good, he's only been in Sacramento for a year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Whoa, the Warriors offered Klay for PG

quote:

On Thursday’s episode of The Woj Pod, host Adrian Wojnarowksi revealed – and George confirmed – that before the Thunder acquired George in a trade with Indiana, the Warriors offered guard Klay Thompson in an effort to swing a deal to Golden State.

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

......…...................

Excuse me y'all. I just need to head over to Bankers Life real quick....

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Klay didnt play for IU hes useless tbh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

A lot of it is. He's pretty respected for his contacts and relations and pretty much the second he got here we had no problem working out candidates or getting actual free agents to talk with us and not just use as a tool for leverage

Ken Catanella is credited with some of the good contracts we've put together, but Perry has gotten the credit for the coherent off-season

Yeah sac has been decently run lately . I've been impressed

Giving away that unprotected 19 pick was seemingly the nadir

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Oh man that would have been nuts

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Knicks GM job must be terrible. You get ripped in the media every day for poo poo you didn't even consider doing, you have like two years to show results in a job that tends not to show results until 3-4 years down the line, You have no autonomy to do make decisions because the great idiot James Dolan will immediately fire you for doing whatever he doesn't approve of, which is mostly random except having a beer before a game is bad and but sexual harassment is fine.

Paul Zuvella posted:

ESPN: "Hey kevin we want to make a joke that you're a weanie-faced, cupcake loser at our award show and want you to react in the most weanie-faced, cupcake fasion"

KD, sweating profusely and breathing hard: "y-y-yeah, ok"

Lol, yup, then later, through his lawyer. "In fact, Kevin had planned on getting owned. He wanted everyone to laugh at him and the life choices he's made. He wanted to appear genuinely sad, his very first convincing acting job. Therefore the joke is not on him. Thank you and please refer any further questions to his twitter account."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Chunkles please call Morey and tell him to finish up the Melo trade. I need some new look Rockets reactions.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

why the hell did the Pacers not take this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

On the other hand the knicks have infinite money and theoretically should attract free agents

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

"fall back" was one of KD's limp comebacks during the FartDay Twitter Q&A session

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

It seems like Pritchard not only passed up several better offers, he took basically the worst one out of them all

EvanTH posted:

"fall back" was one of KD's limp comebacks during the FartDay Twitter Q&A session

Oh haha he seems like a really boring guy so I don't really listen to his interviews. Fair enough

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

I believe it's the opposite, GSW said no to swapping Klay for PG.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Eltoasto posted:

Plus it takes Dolan forever to fire someone who is clearly not doing well at the job.

Almost exactly as long as it took the Sixers management to fire Hinkie

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

I dont believe this

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I believe it's the opposite, GSW said no to swapping Klay for PG.

e: Yep people read it wrong. GSW didn't offer, I'm removing HoopsHype from my friends list

http://newsok.com/article/5556191

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 13, 2017

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Lol, yup, then later, through his lawyer. "In fact, Kevin had planned on getting owned. He wanted everyone to laugh at him and the life choices he's made. He wanted to appear genuinely sad, his very first convincing acting job. Therefore the joke is not on him. Thank you and please refer any further questions to his twitter account."

Or, and stay with me here cause this might be hard, "He's content with where he's at, able to laugh at himself and the situation, and he'll happily play along for the good of the show since it will get some laughs."

I know that might be hard, but there's a very high likelihood that's almost exactly how it went down.

But no, let's keep the narrative going KD IS A BITCH! Hahahahahhaha *farts*

e: Also :lol: at 'life choices' :laffo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxSportsRadio/status/885592833641598981

Millenial Larry

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TheKevman posted:

Or, and stay with me here cause this might be hard, "He's content with where he's at, able to laugh at himself and the situation, and he'll happily play along for the good of the show since it will get some laughs."

I know that might be hard, but there's a very high likelihood that's almost exactly how it went down.

Except being able to laugh at himself is the exact opposite of his personality from every single account I've ever read ? He's boring yet exceedingly petty in most of his interactions.

He's the guy who's known for overreacting to social media comments

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

every thread is a fart joke thread

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Knicks job isn't ideal, but you've got Porzingis and all your own picks and ownership seems ok with just dumping Melo out wherever so that's a decent place to start with.

Still have those Noah and Hardaway deals to stomach though

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spacebump posted:

Chunkles please call Morey and tell him to finish up the Melo trade. I need some new look Rockets reactions.

Because Kevin Pritchard is a decent man who believes that the current Warriors team is bad for basketball, and hell so do I

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan someone on the Timberwolves subreddit made this and I thought of you

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

e: Yep people read it wrong. GSW didn't offer, I'm removing HoopsHype from my friends list

http://newsok.com/article/5556191

This makes a bit more sense now hahaha

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TheKevman posted:

This makes a bit more sense now hahaha

The main picture on HoopsHype is captioned "Warriors offered Klay Thompson for PG-13" so somebody is getting fired. As they should for tricking me.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TheKevman posted:

I posted "KD is not a bitch, that's silly" just last night and I didn't make or quote any of the *farts* jokes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

The Knicks job isn't ideal, but you've got Porzingis and all your own picks and ownership seems ok with just dumping Melo out wherever so that's a decent place to start with.

Still have those Noah and Hardaway deals to stomach though

Those deals are simultaneous cap killers and probably franchise killers if the team sucks enough to make KP not want to resign. Then, as a GM, you get blamed for that too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Open Floor has this really great interview with Chris Haynes, the guy who broke the Hayward news. Being a rumor reporter sounds terrible/awesome.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

Bulls would do worse than that.

EvanTH posted:

I hear Drummond had septum surgery and is coming back strong

like he basically couldn't breathe this season

I thought that he had the surgery last season.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
It's okay guys. I'm still heading over there to give Pritchard a piece of my mind.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

What if Larry Bird was white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TheKevman posted:

It was a funny joke to begin with but watching everyone else think it's real and he had no clue is the funniest part.

It's like all the awards shows keep having to pretend to make a giant mistake at the end of the show for that ratings boost. Jimmy Kimmel, Steve Harvey etc.

TV ratings are so awful now that they're purposely misspelling names to obfuscate things:
http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/how-tv-networks-misspell-show-names-to-avoid-ratings/

Don't believe the media. They're all a bunch of liars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8&t=119s

Emanuel Collective posted:

The Bulls are probably going to cut Cameron Payne. The Bulls, just this tear, traded Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott, and a draft pick to get Cameron Payne.

I was earnestly looking forward to him doing that penguin slide move a few times in the opening weeks.

• Locked thread