Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Somberbrero posted:

if i'm throwing shade at hog and only incidentally Jam, why does Jam dive in so hard? also, why would he be concerned about a 'chain lynch' unless hog actually was his scum bud? his internal logic doesn't make much sense if he is town.

I can't defend against "dive in so hard" when I never dove in hard. I didn't even vote you until after you voted me because your reasoning and lynch chain logic is ATROCIOUS.

It's really hard to defend against flat out LIES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll go into more detail if anyone wants, but let's be real, nobody reads long posts.

Please go into more detail about my 4 posts.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Making me look like an rear end in a top hat

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

My 4 posts where I went SUPER HARD IN THE PAINT AND SLAM DUNKED ALL OVER SOMBER because I totally overreacted to a lynch chain suggestion D1.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

I also think he's being defensive and scummy, I'm just saying that "he's always a lovely person" is not a defense, either for being either lovely, or scummy.

You've been really trying to force a narrative that doesn't exist. Are you daft or are you trying to create something out of nothing?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

poo poo. I think Jam's a jester.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

i'm not kidding about my vote, although i'd like to boot jammy first for that scummy reaction.
if i'm throwing shade at hog and only incidentally Jam, why does Jam dive in so hard? also, why would he be concerned about a 'chain lynch' unless hog actually was his scum bud? his internal logic doesn't make much sense if he is town.

Actual example of me diving in so hard:

Jamuraan posted:

Cool projection and lynch chaining, scumbo.

Wow, I really went SO HARD ON YOU. I dove in 100% and really laid it all out and totally wouldn't let up, it was SAVAGE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You know what? gently caress it, don't care. This is going to quickly become an actively unpleasant game to play if Jam keeps acting like this. I say kill him and risk the 3P.

##vote Jamuraan

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Guys, hold on, I'm not done DIVING IN SO HARD.
I REALLY SHOULD STOP GOING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD AND DIVING IN SOOOOOOOO MUCH AND EXAGGERATING WITH HYPERBOLE AND BLOWING THINGS WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

Oh wait, I never did that and Somber is trying to create nothing out of thin air.

But y'all wanna trip because I made a joke comment about being autistic on SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM Forums where everyone is probably somewhere on the spectrum.

K

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i was gonna restate my case but jammy did it for me v0v

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

You know what? gently caress it, don't care. This is going to quickly become an actively unpleasant game to play if Jam keeps acting like this. I say kill him and risk the 3P.

##vote Jamuraan

Yeah I'm inclined to agree

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
My opinion on who to vote d1 is not changing at this point tbqh given the last few posts

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Jamuraan

Even if you actually claim to believe that, I think this is a scummy vote and you're trying to jump onto the lynch without looking suspect.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

i was gonna restate my case but jammy did it for me v0v

What was your case again?
Was it that I said "nice lynch chain scumbo" and then you accused me of DIVING IN SO HARD?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

What was your case again?
Was it that I said "nice lynch chain scumbo" and then you accused me of DIVING IN SO HARD?

Even though I didn't even vote you or make a case against you

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Jam's a goddamn lunatic is FFV was anything to go by.

That said him being rude and throwing out slurs is consistent with his town behaviour in that game.

The rude part was vig-killing me for literally no reason and also you lost the town the game multiple times I hope you're proud of yourself for being awful at this game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

Even though I didn't even vote you or make a case against you

Jamuraan posted:

Thanks, I really don't like Somber making an incredibly weak case and actually trying to justify it. Quite possibly one of the scummiest tells I've ever seen in a game on D1.

##vote Somberbrero

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Jamuraan posted:

I'm only on a losing streak because of players like you FYI

uhhh what did I do

##vote Jam

THIS BETTER NOT BE A JESTER (though it would fit well thematically)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I love me some classic Jams!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I hope you realize the time difference between those two posts. I didn't vote Somber until way way after. This is a very disingenuous post.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

I love me some classic Jams!

I trust you will do the best you can after I am gone. I guess we have to be besties because everyone else in this game is loving crazy.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

##unvote

poo poo. I think Jam's a jester.

Like this? On day one?

Ugh. If so, this is a most unrefined and rather obtuse playstyle.

But then you're right back on?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jamuraan posted:

I REALLY SHOULD STOP GOING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD AND DIVING IN SOOOOOOOO MUCH AND EXAGGERATING WITH HYPERBOLE AND BLOWING THINGS WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

Oh wait, I never did that and Somber is trying to create nothing out of thin air.

That's certainly a claim to make at the end of a six post meltdown.

##vote Jamuuran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJGQ_piwI0

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan @ Jul 12, 2017 15:22 posted:

Cool projection and lynch chaining, scumbo.

Somberbrero @ Jul 12, 2017 15:53 posted:

i'm not kidding about my vote, although i'd like to boot jammy first for that scummy reaction.

##vote Jamuraan

Jamuraan @ Jul 12, 2017 16:09 posted:

Thanks, I really don't like Somber making an incredibly weak case and actually trying to justify it. Quite possibly one of the scummiest tells I've ever seen in a game on D1.

##vote Somberbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if this game has a jester then quite frankly it can get hosed.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm not a jester, just a vanilla townie

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

I hope you realize the time difference between those two posts. I didn't vote Somber until way way after. This is a very disingenuous post.

Right, I mean, you just made the second post, and the first one was the post that spurred me to vote you. Or are you saying you only voted after your initial couple posts?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jedit posted:

That's certainly a claim to make at the end of a six post meltdown.

##vote Jamuuran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJGQ_piwI0

Just trying to live up to the exaggeration and case laid out by Somber. Please just re-read the interaction on Page 2 and then see if that makes any sense IN THAT CONTEXT.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"they're voting me for no reason!"

"HERE'S SEVENTY REASONS TO VOTE BIG J"

'have we considered that maybe he--'

"HERE'S THREE MORE"

'I'm bitterly not voting J because out of game ethics have n--'

"JUST TRY AND loving STOP ME"

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Flying Leatherman posted:

Right, I mean, you just made the second post, and the first one was the post that spurred me to vote you. Or are you saying you only voted after your initial couple posts?

I quoted all of the relevant posts to show where you are trying to paint me in an unfair light.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to seeing what a thread open at night looks like.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Flying Leatherman posted:

I literally did nothing more than an OMGUS and called out a potential lynch chain and then said what I intended as a JOKE on the SOMETHING SENSITIVE forums before Somber created an inflated case and others started to jump on. I voted Somber back because I felt his reasoning was incredibly weak and his tone is super pushy and "town-leader" which I find to be very scummy.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

peramene posted:

All of your posts are opportunistic and snipey. Maybe you could add content or I guess you're simply content to sit on the easy lynch of the guy who has 0 case against him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I literally did nothing more than an OMGUS and called out a potential lynch chain and then said what I intended as a JOKE on the SOMETHING SENSITIVE forums before Somber created an inflated case and others started to jump on. I voted Somber back because I felt his reasoning was incredibly weak and his tone is super pushy and "town-leader" which I find to be very scummy.

See, I agree with all this.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I mean other than the fact that I'm posting a lot in short succession which is honestly just easy bait to catch scum with.

I trust the rest of the town can easily dissect this game when I'm dead. The voting patterns and the weak arguments are just flying around, shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is full of poo poo and who is just lazy town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If you're voting me because you don't like me as a person based on the language that I've used, if you don't like me because of my post style, or if you don't like me because I USE A LOT OF CAPITALIZED LETTERS, then you're not playing this game right.

If you're voting me because you think I'm scum, then by all means, keep doing it. But you're wrong and you're a sheep for following such a stupid case.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

peramene posted:

Much the same as a regular thread, except we get the handwringing over the D1 mislynch out of the way before the NK.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jamuraan posted:

The rude part was vig-killing me for literally no reason and also you lost the town the game multiple times I hope you're proud of yourself for being awful at this game.

I would do it again because the game became so much more pleasant to play after you were gone. The point of Mafia for me isn't to win or lose, it's to have fun.

I think D1 voting is bad. I would avoid it every single time in a typical game.

But I think even if you are town you're an active detriment to the game because you seem completely unable to respond to anything without a giant meltdown.

Jamuraan posted:

But y'all wanna trip because I made a joke comment about being autistic on SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM Forums where everyone is probably somewhere on the spectrum.

K

Like holy gently caress dude. Perhaps when someone suggests that calling people autistic as an insult is a bad thing, you should listen to them instead of doubling down.

##vote Jam

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean it's not so much the joke as it is every single one of your posts and your entire personality.

##vote jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

I quoted all of the relevant posts to show where you are trying to paint me in an unfair light.

Not seeing how that timeframe is bad, but ok. Do you mean you didn't vote him before he voted you?

Either way I'm fine with my vote from a game based perspective and none of your posting is doing anything to redeem you from a meta perspective so vOv

• Locked thread