Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Pureauthor posted:

Story right now. She'll be in her own rateup banner relatively soon, as will Nero.

Oh sweet. A rateup on 4* doesn't seem like it'll be soul crushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking up Gil's sprites/portraits, it's a loving crime that his final outfit isn't his biker jacket from UBW/HF.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Wouldn't surprise me if they add it eventually, now that costume switches are a thing in the JP version.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used all my quartz and tickets and pulled Waver :cool:

Shame I didn't get Gil though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
On the fashionable subject of ascension resources someone on Reddit has put together a convenient summary of which resources are available in each of the next few events, and how many. Worth a look if you're curious how many months it will be until you get enough stuff to ascend your Casters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Which events were the best events, in senior players' opinion? The criteria can be anything you like, from mats, to sheer fun factor, story, etc.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

Which events were the best events, in senior players' opinion? The criteria can be anything you like, from mats, to sheer fun factor, story, etc.

Both Hallowe'en events were funny and fun.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
gently caress accidentally pulled on story gacha 10 pull

now i have Vlad, Salter AND Waver :getin:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Kara no Kyoukai is an incredibly fun event. Farming was pretty easy for me, and it offers one of the best welfare servants. Music was good too.

Da Vinci's is a favorite of mine just because of the servant it offers and its story. Jeanne Alter turns herself into an otome game protagonist

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The best events in my opinion were the collab with zero, knk, and ccc

With ccc being best of the 3

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope you guys appreciate your Gil.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
How soon will enemies start dropping Caster materials (forbidden pages, homonculi) so I can make my Hans and Waver even more powerful.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

How soon will enemies start dropping Caster materials (forbidden pages, homonculi) so I can make my Hans and Waver even more powerful.

According to wiki forbidden pages will have one source in okeanus, gears and homonculi won't be in until London. Unless they give us the improved dailies before London then it's going to be a while.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Samba De Amigo posted:

According to wiki forbidden pages will have one source in okeanus, gears and homonculi won't be in until London. Unless they give us the improved dailies before London then it's going to be a while.

The Forbidden Page source in Okeanos is Edward Teach's Interlude, so you can't farm it; you might get one or two there, but that's it. Events are going to be the only real source of any of them until London comes out.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

The Forbidden Page source in Okeanos is Edward Teach's Interlude, so you can't farm it; you might get one or two there, but that's it. Events are going to be the only real source of any of them until London comes out.

That rather blows... I need them to get Vlad to 80. Hopefully I roll some other things to upgrade with existing mats.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That rather blows... I need them to get Vlad to 80. Hopefully I roll some other things to upgrade with existing mats.

Assuming they don't mess with the numbers for the US version there should be exactly 15 Forbidden Pages available during the upcoming Nero Festival, which I believe is enough to fully ascend any one servant that uses them.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
That said I would super not worry about Vlad's 4th ascension unless you're really a stickler for maximizing because he gets like 300 stats total in the last 10 levels.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Psiwri posted:

That said I would super not worry about Vlad's 4th ascension unless you're really a stickler for maximizing because he gets like 300 stats total in the last 10 levels.

Wait, wait, wait. You're saying Ascension isn't just a way to make the art cooler?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

NRVNQSR posted:

Assuming they don't mess with the numbers for the US version there should be exactly 15 Forbidden Pages available during the upcoming Nero Festival, which I believe is enough to fully ascend any one servant that uses them.

Units that use Forbidden Pages for Ascension/Skill-Ups respectively.

If you ascend Waver with pages (10) you have enough left for Shakespeare or Hans. Otherwise you can do like Vlad 3rd Ascension (5) and that's exactly 15.

So yea depends on what you want but I guess it's time to plan on how to use them wisely for now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Marin Karin posted:

Kara no Kyoukai is an incredibly fun event. Farming was pretty easy for me, and it offers one of the best welfare servants. Music was good too.

Da Vinci's is a favorite of mine just because of the servant it offers and its story. Jeanne Alter turns herself into an otome game protagonist

Doesn't a certain other dating game protagonist call her out on it?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Samba De Amigo posted:

Units that use Forbidden Pages for Ascension/Skill-Ups respectively.

If you ascend Waver with pages (10) you have enough left for Shakespeare or Hans. Otherwise you can do like Vlad 3rd Ascension (5) and that's exactly 15.

So yea depends on what you want but I guess it's time to plan on how to use them wisely for now.

It is very tempting to hoard them for the Tamamo I'm not going to be able to pull.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

It is very tempting to hoard them for the Tamamo I'm not going to be able to pull.

I was just thinking that. Vlad is at a point he's not super squishy anymore so ascending Tamamo - assuming good rolls - is probably what I'll be doing too.

NRVNQSR posted:

Did not see that, thanks!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

On the fashionable subject of ascension resources someone on Reddit has put together a convenient summary of which resources are available in each of the next few events, and how many. Worth a look if you're curious how many months it will be until you get enough stuff to ascend your Casters.

If that's accurate and there's a thing with ghost lanterns coming somewhat soon perhaps I won't chew my arm off after mindlessly repeatedly doing Mt Etna after all.

I've gotten two, just enough to show me they do exist and fool me into thinking it might not be so bad after all.

Maybe I'm not cut out for the gatcha life.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When do I get enough team space to actually get to use both gold guys and gold items? I'm climbing from these half AP dailies but man, still cramped at 66 cap space.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What level are you?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

When do I get enough team space to actually get to use both gold guys and gold items? I'm climbing from these half AP dailies but man, still cramped at 66 cap space.

You'll never be able to field a full team of all golds because the master level caps before that. That said, I'm at level 77 and I've not felt like my front line decisions have been particularly restricted for a while. Occasionally I'll have to drop one of my back line silvers if I get greedy.

I'm running with a front-line friend support which helps a lot.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

With max level in the US game atm, you can field at most either 5 five stars with 2 five star CEs and have seven AP left or 5 five star CEs and 3 five star servants and have 3 AP left.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Over the course of the last week I managed to grind out Bourduex enough to get the Ygg seeds for d'Eon's third ascension. The Thursday daily allowed me to grab the final three Phoenix Plumes I needed. The result?

My first card to hit 3rd ascension! :toot: Feels pretty good.

Now to grind out another 5 phoenix plumes and add another 8 serpent eyes to the pile of things I need to grind. :negative:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

Over the course of the last week I managed to grind out Bourduex enough to get the Ygg seeds for d'Eon's third ascension. The Thursday daily allowed me to grab the final three Phoenix Plumes I needed. The result?

My first card to hit 3rd ascension! :toot: Feels pretty good.

Now to grind out another 5 phoenix plumes and add another 8 serpent eyes to the pile of things I need to grind. :negative:

My first card to hit 3rd Ascension is Arash.

I should have him maxed this Saturday. Time to STELLA! everything. :getin:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

With max level in the US game atm, you can field at most either 5 five stars with 2 five star CEs and have seven AP left or 5 five star CEs and 3 five star servants and have 3 AP left.

Forcing me to choose between waifus is a crime! :argh:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

Zero was probably my favorite. The premise of Waver going Back To The Future was fun, you got the emotional beats of him reuniting with Rider, and stuff like teaming up with Kariya to burn down the Matou mansion and the big basement right in front of Zouken

Second half after you beat the main story was kinda dumb though.

The summer event (which is being rerun on JP right now) is also good. You're stuck on a deserted island with like your entire servant team and have to gather resources to build stuff. There's lots of comedy, and it's one of the few places where you get to see Arturia and Mordred playing off of each other.

The grinding for mats is kind of monotonous though.

I hear CCC was good also, but I never played the original game and was too busy to take part in the FGO event so all I know is that it added two new classes and made the Rock Paper Scissors triangles even more complicated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gawain talks about how much he likes huge boobs and bb threatens to get you, the player, fired from your real life job if you don't clear out the event shop

so ccc was good, yeah

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My favorite events was Christmas with Santa Alter , Kara no Kyoukai, Summer, and CCC. Fate/Zero wasn't too bad except for the last third of the event which felt slapped on, and Prisma Illya was fun in its own way because all the female servants got a boost and that meant Mash's Buster move was pretty devastating.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Airspace posted:

I want to think about it, even though I feel like that's only going to lead to pain. But I have a slightly different question.

Why the hell are Assassins and Casters considered 'Cavalry'? They don't really ride anything. Is there a definition of Cavalry I'm not getting?

It's occasionally translated as 'four horseman', which is probably some parallel to the horseman of the apocalypse.

Assassins easily represent death, but the other three are open for a bit more interpretation.
War for Berserker, Famine for Casters (since casters tend to employ bounded fields), and Riders for Conquest.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I probably should just throw any exp I have laying around at the lower-stars, shouldn't I, seeing how I probably won't have enough materials for the units I actually care about anytime soon?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

OddObserver posted:

I probably should just throw any exp I have laying around at the lower-stars, shouldn't I, seeing how I probably won't have enough materials for the units I actually care about anytime soon?

Choose a *-*** Servant, make it your husbando/waifu, max them, grail them.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone explain to me if there's any logic behind the Cavalry triangle? Because just intuitively it makes more sense to me that Casters can fire big fuckoff nuke spells that destroy Riders' mounts but would get wrecked by an Assassin sneaking up and sticking a knife in their backs before they can prepare a spell.

Riders have high magic resistance, IIRC, like better than most knight classes. But they don't have good defenses against a knife to the ribs.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6n56cp/final_math_factoring_events_for_mona_lisa_ce/

Some interesting considerations about the Mona Lisa CE.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

It's occasionally translated as 'four horseman', which is probably some parallel to the horseman of the apocalypse.

Assassins easily represent death, but the other three are open for a bit more interpretation.
War for Berserker, Famine for Casters (since casters tend to employ bounded fields), and Riders for Conquest.

That makes sense, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Speaking of prisms, is it worth it to get the fous? There's 40 total at 15 prisms so 600 prisms each time it resets. Seems like a pretty heavy investment and a lot of ap.