Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Believe that's :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The things that suck are you all

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Whoops stopped looking for a bit and Jam got hammered

It'd be nice if they flipped scum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jammy jams - town vanilla was launched into the sun on d1.

Jammin to the oldies role pm looked like this.

You are "ordering a 7 layer burrito at Taco Bell and the jerk making it thinks it's funny to just fill the burrito with only guacamole."

Town aligned Vanilla.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

It is now night 1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who could have predicted that!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who could have predicted that!

wahhh we dunked town day one. big whoop wanna fight?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hal is probably scum for fighting against the only viable d1 target with the knowledge and foresight to know it'd make him look good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not a fan of Hal acting like it was super obvious, especially in d1

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I think I counted 3 people on the vote who appear to have voted for entirely (based on posting) meta reasons. I'm not unsympathetic but in the context of the game it's something to consider.

I'm not claiming that this was the wrong choice from a game perspective, just that some people's reasoning doesn't make sense given that this is still a game of mafia.

I am hesitant to call Hal scum simply because I've been that guy on D1 before, but I see where you guys are coming from.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

wahhh we dunked town day one. big whoop wanna fight?

No he was being obnoxious but absolutely nothing he was doing was scummy, and anyone that played with him recently (or in the old days) could see that. Scum almost never melt down in frustration like that.

Whatever, you can do me like you did him tomorrow Scumbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Flying Leatherman posted:

I think I counted 3 people on the vote who appear to have voted for entirely (based on posting) meta reasons. I'm not unsympathetic but in the context of the game it's something to consider.

I'm not claiming that this was the wrong choice from a game perspective, just that some people's reasoning doesn't make sense given that this is still a game of mafia.

I am hesitant to call Hal scum simply because I've been that guy on D1 before, but I see where you guys are coming from.

you talkin' bout jedit, rf, and yt? i could get with that but like, i don't think they're all scum obviously. what's your angle?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

No he was being obnoxious but absolutely nothing he was doing was scummy, and anyone that played with him recently (or in the old days) could see that. Scum almost never melt down in frustration like that.

oh come on, i pointed a gun at jam but he reached out and pulled the trigger. what scumhunting did you do today?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

hal is probably scum for fighting against the only viable d1 target with the knowledge and foresight to know it'd make him look good.

You guys were tied 2-2 right before all the votes poured in and I am pretty sure there was a fair bit of time left in the day so painting him as the only viable lynch is not accurate.

And both me and him thought your aggressive play out of the gate was scummy and I think that's about as good as SCUMHUNTERing as you can get on a short D1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It is all good though, I'm about to go live out my Lost in Translation dreams so I can't stay mad at y'all, ya'll

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Jam being town is not a surprise to me. It was obvious he was being an rear end in a top hat but that did not mean he was scum. Neither am I surprised they ended up on the chopping block.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Jam being town is not a surprise to me. It was obvious he was being an rear end in a top hat but that did not mean he was scum. Neither am I surprised they ended up on the chopping block.

opportunistic and snipey pera agrees

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah, in retrospect, it was kinda obvious that Jam was frustrated town but they were being kinda a dick enough at everyone that I wasn't thinking clearly.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

you talkin' bout jedit, rf, and yt? i could get with that but like, i don't think they're all scum obviously. what's your angle?

rf and yt 100%, on reread I missed pmush's initial vote on jam which had some basis in gameplay

I actually had no idea how to read jedit's vote, seemed like it was based in jam's posting to me but I'm really not sure

jedit, can you stop in and talk about it a little?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

You guys were tied 2-2 right before all the votes poured in and I am pretty sure there was a fair bit of time left in the day so painting him as the only viable lynch is not accurate.

And both me and him thought your aggressive play out of the gate was scummy and I think that's about as good as SCUMHUNTERing as you can get on a short D1

you're peacing out so whatever but what games have you played where aggressive scumhunters were in fact scums?

and ALL DAY i asked other people to make cases. no one did! the best you managed was some vague meta bullshit you couldn't or wouldn't back up.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

rf and yt 100%, on reread I missed pmush's initial vote on jam which had some basis in gameplay

I actually had no idea how to read jedit's vote, seemed like it was based in jam's posting to me but I'm really not sure

jedit, can you stop in and talk about it a little?

my angle is pretty much that I want to make sure that those votes don't get lost in the shuffle; i think voting for purely non-alignment-call-related reasons, while admirable in the context of making this game more tolerable, is scummy enough to be pointed out

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Currently suspicious of Pmush and Somberbrero, but it's mostly just gut hunch

Somberbrero posted:

you're peacing out so whatever but what games have you played where aggressive scumhunters were in fact scums?

I do recall reading a Jojos-themed thread where one of the lead scumhunters was in fact scum. I don't have archives so I can't check the details

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Retro Futurist kinda came in pretty quick with the hammer. Not sure what to think about it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, poo poo. Not scum, still an rear end in a top hat, still don't totally regret it. At least it's gonna give us a little more information in regards to reactions than a normal D1 misdunk might.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Retro Futurist kinda came in pretty quick with the hammer. Not sure what to think about it
A part of me wants to be very suspicious of it, but honestly, too much of me right now is just glad that Jam's gone. Making it a little hard to see his posts in the context of playing the game (and thus, everyone else's responses to them as such).

I gotta work tomorrow, but I'll try to reread the thread during my breaks.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

I knew he was town.

I even said so in the thread that my opinion is that he was town.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat again.

Mafia is meant to be fun. Emotions can run high but we're all friends here. I don't think jam gets that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jeabus Hogperson - Town Vanilla - Was sliced n diced on night 1.

hogman jeebsus's role pm looked like this:

You are "Leeches"

Town aligned Vanilla.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

It is day 2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Jamuraan (7): Jeabus Mahogany, Somberbrero, Jeabus Mahogany, Flying Leatherman, peramene, PMush Perfect, peramene, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, Tired Moritz, Jedit, Yorkshire Tea, Retro Futurist
Somberbrero (2): Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan
Hal Incandenza (1): Flying Leatherman, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Flying Leatherman, redneck nazgul
Yorkshire Tea (1): chaoslord

Not Voting (2): Jeabus Mahogany, peramene

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 13th, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 23 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna have some very rude words for scum team after the game for killing the new player N1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

Gonna have some very rude words for scum team after the game for killing the new player N1.

seriously what an rear end move.

something bad happened to me?? i think? the message was weird.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why would they kill a newbie? very suspicious.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
drat it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

why would they kill a newbie? very suspicious.

My assumption is that it's a newer scumteam that doesn't know or doesn't care about how to treat first timers.

Like if Somber or Hal are scum and approved that move I'll be pretty cross with them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dude.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
as far as nightkill spec goes i can really only see redneck or jedit pulling that. i dunno though, not going to chase it too hard.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

as far as nightkill spec goes i can really only see redneck or jedit pulling that. i dunno though, not going to chase it too hard.

Agree with the general sentiment that it's not really actionable. Just something that is frustrating to me to see so I can't not yell about it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Nah. I don't off newbies as scum. I kill top posters and people who will actually question outlandish scum claims.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That's some hosed up poo poo right there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FL is making my nose twitch will look at them tomorrow

Also someone did something to me last night but I'm not sure what

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody else?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

nothing happened to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

gently caress off, Hal, if I had a dollar for every time I've been lynched as scum over just a perceived meltdown I'd have (adds up) $3.50.

Somberbrero posted:

No, do chase it. You don't get to call out two specific people for picking an NK target then drop it without any explanation.

• Locked thread