Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Calaveron posted:

Is Mark Wahlberg the most recurring actor in the show at this point?

I'd have to count up his appearances compared to Jim Belushi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lord help us if Walberg and Belushi ever do movie together.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't know what it would be about, but they would absolutely be cops.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Calaveron posted:

Is Mark Wahlberg the most recurring actor in the show at this point?

Probably Belushi.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

thrawn527 posted:

I'd have to count up his appearances compared to Jim Belushi.

Oh yeah I forgot about Belushi who just from the top of my head I can think of like 6 episodes vs. Marky Mark's 4

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mark Whalberg and Jim Belushi are

Scum Cops

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Fart City posted:

Scum Cops

There it is.

edit: Though your username would work, too.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

According to IMDB, this is the only non award show they're both technically in. I've never seen a better time capsule for 1991 than this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFCv86Olk8E

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Fart City posted:

Scum Cops

They're on the trail of the big daddy gang's latest cum heist

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

thrawn527 posted:

There it is.

edit: Though your username would work, too.

Two cops.

One car.

No fat chicks.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Fart City posted:

Two cops.

One car.

No fat chicks.

Wilford Brimley would be the Commissioner who is always pissed off, but it's the government he's pissed at.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
An Freddy vs. Jason-esque crossover: Scum Cops vs. Two Fat Spies

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

enigmahfc posted:

Wilford Brimley would be the Commissioner who is always pissed off, but it's the government he's pissed at.

"We've got sixty million dollars worth of gold that's gone missing, and thirty-six hours to get it back. Y'all better cover this city with a fine-toothed comb to find it. But stay off my ranch. You'll find gold buried there, but it ain't yours or Uncle Sam's, gawd demmit. I got that gold the honest, old fashioned way.

By robbing the Nazis."

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 14, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

enigmahfc posted:

The new assistant DA's a WHAT?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gyges posted:

The new assistant DA's a WHAT?

I've said it before, but this is my favorite WHM joke ever.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Any BRAINSCAN fans in the house?

Andrew Kevin Walker made his original script available on this website. It's a staggering 149 pages long.

He also gave some background on it. He wrote it in 1989 for some low rent company that went out of business. Then unbeknownst to him years later someone bought it and made a movie out of it. As he notes though, most shockingly of all THE TRICKSTER was someone else's invention.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZollagvQoFUFZwVVFtUjJmUlU/view

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Andorra posted:

An Freddy vs. Jason-esque crossover: Scum Cops vs. Two Fat Spies

Where does Fat Ghoooooost fit into this?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Duke posted:

Where does Fat Ghoooooost fit into this?

Dreamscape fight. Fat Ghost and Teacher Walberg.

edit: gently caress I has the Freddy vs. Jason part still stuck in my head; that's where the dreamscape came from. But actually, just have the Scum cops and Fat Spies fight in the dream realm, why the gently caress not.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

enigmahfc posted:

Dreamscape fight. Fat Ghost and Teacher Walberg.

edit: gently caress I has the Freddy vs. Jason part still stuck in my head; that's where the dreamscape came from. But actually, just have the Scum cops and Fat Spies fight in the dream realm, why the gently caress not.

Add in our favorite pansexual mutant prospector and this movie is going places.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Zore posted:

Add in our favorite pansexual mutant prospector and this movie is going places.

That's the stinger scene: As the camera pans across the aftermath of the climactic battle, two boots step into the frame and a we hear a laugh.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Any BRAINSCAN fans in the house?

Andrew Kevin Walker made his original script available on this website. It's a staggering 149 pages long.

He also gave some background on it. He wrote it in 1989 for some low rent company that went out of business. Then unbeknownst to him years later someone bought it and made a movie out of it. As he notes though, most shockingly of all THE TRICKSTER was someone else's invention.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZollagvQoFUFZwVVFtUjJmUlU/view

"Jeremy, did you sell my horror movie script without my permission?"

e: holy poo poo Michael was even creepier in the original script.

e2: wow, Brainscan isn't even a video game. It's apparently just a series of videotapes.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 14, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The opening tangent on this Animation Damnation may be one of my favorite stupid digressions ever.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I've seen this recommended in a couple of places so I decided to listened to a few episodes. I honestly kind of hate the hosts now. They seem to devout no attention span or intellectual patience to anything they watch, but also somehow manage to be condescending and dismissive for anything they don't already know. Just unpleasant, negative jackasses.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

7c Nickel posted:

I've seen this recommended in a couple of places so I decided to listened to a few episodes. I honestly kind of hate the hosts now. They seem to devout no attention span or intellectual patience to anything they watch, but also somehow manage to be condescending and dismissive for anything they don't already know. Just unpleasant, negative jackasses.

Cool.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

7c Nickel posted:

Just unpleasant, negative jackasses.

Why are you even on these forums?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

7c Nickel posted:

What episodes did you start with? I feel like this podcast can be a little hit and miss.

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

What episodes did you start with? I feel like this podcast can be a little hit and miss.

I feel like anyone who uses the words "intellectual patience" in a serious sentence isn't worth convincing of anything.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Silentgoldfish posted:

I feel like anyone who uses the words "intellectual patience" in a serious sentence isn't worth convincing of anything.

Makes me wonder what SMG would say about WHM

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I really want to see a H.W. Air Force One movie now. Possibly with Dubya as his doofy sidekick, and Clinton as the stoney comic relief.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

7c Nickel posted:

Okay

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

7c Nickel posted:

Were you listening to the Transformers episodes? They're really only like that for movies they can't stand. You should listen to one of their classic episodes, like Mrs. Doubtfire.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

7c Nickel posted:

Any movie buff worth their salt is inherently an unpleasant, negative jackass. Goes with the territory

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Please listen to Invisible Child, The Pallbearer, Tuff Turf, and any Jim Belushi movie episode before casting any further aspersions on the Big Daddies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also if you wanna see them do serious bad movie analysis with very little hyperbole there's Easy Rider: The Ride Back

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

7c Nickel posted:

Picked the Space Jam episode as your intro to the show, I see.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Plus they're a comedy podcast first and foremost. They make it pretty clear they're not doing serious academic readings of films.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
When I think of comedy podcasters who routinely watch movies with a few "Tall glasses of water", I expect intellectual patience.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

7c Nickel posted:

Hey, here's a podcast that maybe more to your liking, I hear it's fantastic and likely the only Mangosteen-themed podcast you'll ever listen too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GrandpaPants posted:

Why are you even on these forums?

This poster just loves shitposting in Negrotown.

What the hell is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

END ME SCOOB posted:

The opening tangent on this Animation Damnation may be one of my favorite stupid digressions ever.

I love how the crew can go from talking about deep intellectual films to quoting pro rasslin like nothing. It's truly a talent.