Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

poo poo, my man MKLeo got eliminated off-screen

Huh, I haven't checked in on Smash 4 in a while, but has MKLeo fallen off? Or is the competition just that much tougher?

Wanderer posted:

Wow, Cloud805 got kinda bodied by a Canadian player named SJ just now on evo3.

3-0 too, pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Shiki Dan posted:

BB is still more popular than GG in Japan, which is why they want it to boost Sunday's ratings.

all those japanese people watching at 7 am on a monday morning will buy a shitload of geico insurance

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, Top 64 for Brolyinho! Now he just has to play Yukadon first game of semis.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

all those japanese people watching at 7 am on a monday morning will buy a shitload of geico insurance

Lol

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Daigo and Dacidbro eleminated from both their games (My Parries 5 and Catherine respectively).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

daigo is probably happy becasue he can spend the rest of his time there getting stoned instead of having to play sfv

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And supposedly the previous Smash 4 champion also got bopped off not even on top 32.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Guilty Gear champion lost before top 8. Only safe returning champ is probably SonicFox at this rate.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Ventana posted:

Huh, I haven't checked in on Smash 4 in a while, but has MKLeo fallen off? Or is the competition just that much tougher?

He got eliminated by some guy who I don't even know. I dunno what's been goin' on with MKLeo lately

Saoshyant posted:

And supposedly the previous Smash 4 champion also got bopped off not even on top 32.

Yeah they just confirmed that Ally got eliminated by MVD

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Will they get on with the GG finals I only have an hour till the Splatoon 2 splatfest :argh:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did anyone see that character select screen thing on EVO3 just now because lol

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So is Infiltration completely knocked out already or is he just in losers? I can never find good results for these early rounds.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
goddamnit luffy you threw away that last round

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ChaosReaper posted:

So is Infiltration completely knocked out already or is he just in losers? I can never find good results for these early rounds.

Him and Rog are playing off stream atm

e: Infiltration just eliminated Rog

S.J. fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 15, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know much about Guilty Gear but it looks nice

All Japan Finals?

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 15, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is this commentator on drugs or just hella nervous?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

goatface posted:

Seriously, it is awkward watching him. Like he doesn't want to be there (I thought I saw him rolling his eyes or something).

EDIT: I am willing to be wrong though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

goatface posted:

Jazz? He's just super emotional and enthusiastic

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Teresa killed all of the USA, I'm not sure if that means I should support him or be mad he robbed me of an easy narrative to follow this top 8.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Goddamn that's a powerful top 8.

e: also the extremely intense commentator guy seems to be loosening up in real time so either he was just super nervous of doing a top 8 or doing a thing on purpose

Veib fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 15, 2017

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Dias posted:

Teresa killed all of the USA, I'm not sure if that means I should support him or be mad he robbed me of an easy narrative to follow this top 8.

I really wanted to see good Jam rep this year and I'm glad he delivered but I'm also upset it came at the cost of USA :negative:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Why the hell is this guy commentating GG crying

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

majinobama is the dude who lives in japan and has been streaming tournaments and settinging up and streaming exhibition matches there right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, I do know I want the r/kappa dude to die because that subreddit doesn't deserve any validation.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Both Nage and Omito have gotten 2nd, neither of the guys they lost to are there this time, one of those two is gonna win this thing.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

fadam posted:

edit: Why is GG on Saturday but BB is on Sunday? I thought Guilty Gear was way more popular?

Probably beaten, but I think it's because GG had the Sunday slot last year and the felt like mixing it up between the anime squad. I'll take Saturday afternoon over Sunday morning anyways, gently caress getting up early.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

slev posted:

Why the hell is this guy commentating GG crying

He cried yesterday when 310 won FOR HIS FAMILY. MajinObama aka Jazz is a real dude.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

That game :stare:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Veib posted:

Both Nage and Omito have gotten 2nd, neither of the guys they lost to are there this time, one of those two is gonna win this thing.

Well that nage guy lost now.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Tomo has won me over with his nerves of steel

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

god drat tomo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leo is so boring

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

S.J. posted:

Him and Rog are playing off stream atm

e: Infiltration just eliminated Rog

Well poo poo. Glad Infiltration is still in it but I wish it didn't have to come at Rog's expense.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

feels like tomo's play has more turnabouts than a phoenix wright game and it owns

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
That was pretty intense.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Like Tekken 7, watching high level play makes me want to get Guilty Gear even though I am poo poo at fighting games :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In Training posted:

Leo is so boring

Wrong! He is SUPER important!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Those white/red glasses are fresh

S.J.