Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
96 packs, 12 legendaries including 3 of Guitar Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
"When you transform an enemy card not in their deck, draw a copy of the new card."

I don't understand what that means. At all.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

standard.deviant posted:

96 packs, 12 legendaries including 3 of Guitar Man.

You got lucky, I dumped all my gold and bought 99 packs, only got 6 legendaries.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

bamhand posted:

"When you transform an enemy card not in their deck, draw a copy of the new card."

I don't understand what that means. At all.

If you transform an enemy guy on the board, you get a copy of the card that has just appeared. So if you polymorph a guy into a frog, you add a frog to your hand.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hey I managed to avoid most of the spoilers and now I'm going to stream PVE and maybe a draft, then open like 30ish boosters.

https://www.twitch.tv/lonegoat

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

If you transform an enemy guy on the board, you get a copy of the card that has just appeared. So if you polymorph a guy into a frog, you add a frog to your hand.

This sounds really bad for a legendary. Doesn't even do anything by itself when you play it.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Opened my 45 packs. Got 2 knucklebones. What is this meme poo poo?

Not seeing anything that I'm blown away by. Will have to take some time when smarter people than I start carving out decklists. Gonna pve for awhile since they reset rankings.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
I'm actually really digging this draft environment. Having the other five pairs makes decks just seem to fall together so much better.

Haven't opened anything worth mentioning, then again I didn't have that many packs from events so that's unsurprising.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I got a bad news, but I've just been running forge etc. so far, I haven't actually bought any packs. I kinda figured I'd just save my gold for drafting. Most of my pack rares have been garbage tier.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Here's my attempt at the warp deck:

1 Flame Blast (Set1 #2)
4 Alluring Ember (Set2 #172)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
3 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Blinkwolf (Set2 #7)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Amber Acolyte (Set1 #93)
4 Avirax Familiar (Set2 #46)
2 Camp Physician (Set2 #52)
4 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
4 Pouncing Drake (Set2 #28)
3 Shatterglass Mage (Set2 #181)
4 Waystone Infuser (Set2 #63)
4 Mystic Ascendant (Set1 #116)
8 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
6 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Praxis Banner (Set2 #171)
4 Seat of Impulse (Set0 #54)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

It's kind of midrangey, it tries to stall the board into the midgame where it just draws a poo poo ton of cards through warp and Mystic Ascendant. Pouncing Drake is really really good, even if you don't get to warp it it can be a win condition.

I just ran into pchapin playing a similar deck, although his had Assemby Lines and Dawnwalkers.

edit: I also played around with Workshop Forge in Gauntlet. It's really fun when it goes off, but it feels too "win more". Like if you have time to spend 5 power on a card that doesn't impact the board, you probably don't need it.

I think an aggro Praxis deck with Oni Quartermaster and Hidden Shiv might be fun too.

Edly fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 15, 2017

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Got a few games in with the preconstructs. Xenan lifeforce is bonkers if you get a life gain engine lined up. It falls hard on its face when you draw a bunch of setup and no life gain though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow got to the gauntlet boss three times and got killed on draws/an impossible rule every time. It seems like they've made these even worse.

Forges are also stalling out to infinity a lot more, possibly because they're making the brilliant decision of putting 0/7s and Dune Phantoms in every other AI deck.

EDIT: Finally got stupid steam achievement - and next forge first pick I'm offered Means To An End.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 15, 2017

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tried to make a deck out of that horn that makes overwhelm units cheaper and... it's a really loving bad deck. That bums me out a lot.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Wow the 0/7 for 3J is such a stupid card to have in draft/forge.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

The Workshop Forge + Heart of the Vault deck SirRhino streamed yesterday is pretty fun. Turns out cost reduction mechanics are really good.

Edit:
4 Excavation Assistant (Set2 #37)
3 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Blinkwolf (Set2 #7)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Avirax Familiar (Set2 #46)
4 Hipshot (Set2 #11)
4 Stoneshaker (Set2 #15)
2 Brilliant Discovery (Set2 #177)
4 Camp Physician (Set2 #52)
3 Shatterglass Mage (Set2 #181)
4 Waystone Infuser (Set2 #63)
4 Workshop Forge (Set2 #182)
4 Heart of the Vault (Set2 #183)
2 Rhinarc Huntpack (Set2 #67)
7 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
10 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Praxis Banner (Set2 #171)
4 Seat of Impulse (Set0 #54)

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 15, 2017

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

TVsVeryOwn posted:

The Workshop Forge + Heart of the Vault deck SirRhino streamed yesterday is pretty fun. Turns out cost reduction mechanics are really good.

Deck list?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Wow the 0/7 for 3J is such a stupid card to have in draft/forge.

yeah it's such a stone loving wall unless you have the 7/5 trample time dude or a pile of fliers

coincidentally, I've been drafting a gently caress ton of fliers every chance I get

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Anyone had any luck with Maelstrom Bell yet? I've tried a few different lists and it always feels like it's too hard to close out a game. It's really funny to get a 20 damage Rockslide though.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus loving Christ gauntlet has gotten way harder. If you're not running a competitive ladder deck expect to just get blown the gently caress out repeatedly. Holy poo poo.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I guess all my luck in this game decided to wait until after I unloaded all my packs. I got 3 legendaries in random upgrade chests, 2 in one forge (I haven't seen one ever in forge since I've been playing) and 2 in the packs I got for winning that run.

too bad they were the unplayable lovely ones aside from watcher of the big ones and leave a witness

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Just went like 5 and 2 in ranked with this thrown together thing:

3 Hearty Stranger (Set2 #104)
2 Permafrost (Set1 #193)
3 Ruthless Stranger (Set1 #11)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
3 Torch (Set1 #8)
2 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Backlash (Set1 #200)
3 Feln Stranger (Set1 #409)
2 Grim Stranger (Set1 #372)
2 Hair-Trigger Stranger (Set1 #253)
3 Skycrag Stranger (Set2 #250)
3 Stonescar Stranger (Set1 #413)
2 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)
2 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
2 Savage Stranger (Set2 #161)
2 Soaring Stranger (Set1 #229)
2 Swift Stranger (Set2 #24)
2 Merciless Stranger (Set1 #111)
2 Towering Stranger (Set2 #196)
6 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
6 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
6 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
3 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)
3 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)
3 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)

No idea if it is worth a drat, but once it gets rolling it kind of flies out of control. Any thoughts?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Stranger decks have always been unreliable, but if it works it works.

I've started trying the Argenport Hero of the people deck from Reddit and it's pretty fun. Revenge is an excellent thing to give people, and there's a bunch of nasty keywords like Unblockable that you can grab easier. There's probably a more weapon-y version that works better but I suck at deckbuilding.

"Reddit dude posted:

3 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
2 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
2 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
4 Tranquil Scholar (Set2 #76)
3 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Bartholo, the Seducer (Set2 #234)
4 Hero of the People (Set1 #156)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Steward of the Past (Set1 #287)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
4 Inquisitor Makto (Set2 #242)
2 Oathbreaker (Set1 #521)
6 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
2 Emerald Monument (Set1 #422)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Argenport Banner (Set2 #231)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

lokipunk posted:

No idea if it is worth a drat, but once it gets rolling it kind of flies out of control. Any thoughts?

Honestly, it feels like with the new set most decks have 3 turns or so to get going, and then one or the other goes nuts and the other just kind of folds real hard. The game feels really swingy right now.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

So piercing grief is a cool card for a crown/roach deck...

I played it myself and it's real crazy if you can get the engine going. A+ would meme again

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Tin Tim posted:

So piercing grief is a cool card for a crown/roach deck...

I played it myself and it's real crazy if you can get the engine going. A+ would meme again
Yeah the real takeaway is that Revenge+Echo is broken because the Echo copy will have both Revenge and Destiny.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's going to get nerfed, I bet. It's a little too nuts even if it gets shut down by relic/void hate.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

standard.deviant posted:

Yeah the real takeaway is that Revenge+Echo is broken because the Echo copy will have both Revenge and Destiny.
Yeah that's probably not supposed to happen and I assume that it gets fixed at some point so get in now if you want to live the grief dream. But beware cause the deck is hella inconsistent and folds to marshal or steward

E: Locopojo has a new list for it as a brew on his channel and I assume that it works better than the old list from the highlight

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 16, 2017

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Stranger decks have always been unreliable, but if it works it works.

I've started trying the Argenport Hero of the people deck from Reddit and it's pretty fun. Revenge is an excellent thing to give people, and there's a bunch of nasty keywords like Unblockable that you can grab easier. There's probably a more weapon-y version that works better but I suck at deckbuilding.

I'm trying a variant called Haunted Hero:

4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Borderlands Waykeeper (Set1 #517)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Haunting Scream (Set1 #374)
4 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
4 Tranquil Scholar (Set2 #76)
4 Hero of the People (Set1 #156)
2 Recurring Nightmare (Set1 #382)
4 Silverwing Familiar (Set1 #152)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
7 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
7 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
3 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Seat of Order (Set0 #51)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)

Playing a Haunting Scream gives your Hero flying and charge at least, and adding Primal gives you access to some more aegis units. Every unit is 3 cost or less to be compatible with Haunting Scream, and also because you often want to cast Hero + unit in the same turn. I forget exactly what was in the original decklist, but I took out 4x of the Hooru 2-drop legendary because I don't have it, some Oathbooks, and made room for extra power because you really want to hit 5 or 6 power for the aforementioned combo.

Tranquil Scholar is probably my favorite card in this set so far, it always feels like a ton of value, plus you see some crazy keyword combos. I put killer on a Recurring Nightmare, and found out that it refreshed my Hero's killer ability every time I cast Nightmare.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Ok either direwolf upped the drop rate for legendaries or I need to start playing the lottery or something. I got the new xenen 8/8 from my daily pack, augment form in forge, and claws of the first dragon and means to the end from the chests.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah that's probably not supposed to happen and I assume that it gets fixed at some point so get in now if you want to live the grief dream. But beware cause the deck is hella inconsistent and folds to marshal or steward

E: Locopojo has a new list for it as a brew on his channel and I assume that it works better than the old list from the highlight

Copies of cards usually have all of their skills refreshed, think west wind herald with mirror image.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

inkblot posted:

Jesus loving Christ gauntlet has gotten way harder. If you're not running a competitive ladder deck expect to just get blown the gently caress out repeatedly. Holy poo poo.
Yeah it's way, way too hard right now. DWD is kind of retarded when it comes to PvE content.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I'm pretty disappointed about how little the new set has affected the ranked ladder. I hope there's at least one viable new deck out there because I'm tired of the rakano/stonescar meta.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i think praxis midrange has a good chance of being a new archetype. even without going all in on warp, Heart of The Forge is crazy good, and it has three amazing four drops to choose from in Titan, Groundbreaker and Guitar Man.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Yeah I spent most of my dust on a warp token deck and it's interesting but just flat out dies against real aggro decks.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

as fun as all in warp is, a feel like going that direction is a trap. a few of the individual warp cards like Shatterglass Mage, Heart and the Lumen are strong, but the deck is too luck based and doesn't play the board well enough while also no having good enough removal to rely on that.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Obfuscation posted:

I'm pretty disappointed about how little the new set has affected the ranked ladder. I hope there's at least one viable new deck out there because I'm tired of the rakano/stonescar meta.

I imagine it's mostly because nobody has really refined a really good deck yet. I know I'm saving my dust for when the new meta shakes out.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I'm seeing lots of different stuff, although maybe it's because I keep getting matched against people who are already at Master so they feel safe trying new stuff. I've seen Praxis aggro, TJP chalice, different flavors of Xenan lifesteal, STP Crown of Possibilities, Skycrag aggro, Feln control, and reanimator.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Yo I really like this game and just saw that Dinosaurs was a creature type and now I wanna make a dino deck. Anybody mind giving me some pointers on creating such a deck?

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Bumper Stickup posted:

Yo I really like this game and just saw that Dinosaurs was a creature type and now I wanna make a dino deck. Anybody mind giving me some pointers on creating such a deck?

Jekk's Bounty has the Dino Lord, Avisaur Patriarch, which costs 4 for a 2/4 flier that makes dinos cost 1 less and lets you ultimate for 6 to give dino's +2/+2 - that alone probably makes grabbing Jekk's Bounty a good idea if you want to make a dino deck.

Other than that you can probably just run dinos and whatever good stuff you have in Time/Primal, as those are the dino factions. Maybe twinning ritual and ageless mentor and such. I know there were some dino decks running around after Jekk's Bounty dropped because of the Patriarch but I don't think I ever saw an actual list for one.

e: That said I haven't even spent the :tenbux: on Jekk's Bounty.

Anniversary fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

It's a shame those cards were never made available outside the campaigns. Would be more fun if they could occasionally pop up in draft mode or something like that, with a small chance of replacing one of the standard set1/2 cards. Having a set of cards be constructed-only is pretty lame.