Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i've been an all digital boy since 2014 and have no regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I Am Frick posted:

So there's been a lot of ground made lately on one particular front in the Switch universe that, I feel, should be mentioned in the OP: hacking.

I don't know if this consitutes :filez:, which is why I feel it should be in the OP. If it is, there should be a warning saying to not talk about it.

On that note, in the past week people working the Switch managed to get hold of the kernel, which is a huge step toward homebrew and everything along those lines (which includes piracy, hence :filez:). Is conversation about this allowed? I remember back in the day of the Wii that it was allowed (it even had its own megathread), but not sure how times have changed on this since, at the time, there were even piracy subforums here.

generally its fine to discuss, but not link if its warez

talking about advances in homebrew should be kosher though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

32GB internal, Splatoon 2 is 5.5GB.

lol, i'll never fill that up, jeez

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

It can support up to 2TB cards, which don't exist yet. 128GB is the current "sweet spot" for MicroSD.

Thanks! 128 seems pretty good for now and also very cheap with me over here thinking about vita memory card prices

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

32GB internal except like 6 of it is taken by the system and Zelda alone is more than half of the remaining space before DLC soooo

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I like how the boxes look on my shelf.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The flavor of the Zelda cart was worth buying physical

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

32GB internal except like 6 of it is taken by the system and Zelda alone is more than half of the remaining space before DLC soooo

i dont have zelda digital. so no, i still wont fill it up

you might, but not me

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

i dont have zelda digital. so no, i still wont fill it up

you might, but not me
Sorry you don't like games very much.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kaubocks posted:

people who pick a splatfest side because of what character is backing it are like people who never nickname their pokemon

they have no sense of self identity and are incapable of just having fun with something stupid :colbert:

You sure seem to care about this a whole lot

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

sounds like a job for a "because of which character backs it" vs "self identify" splatfest

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

Go Team Dog!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

sounds like a job for a "because of which character backs it" vs "self identify" splatfest

Aw frig who is backing which one???

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

how much space is on the switch anyway...cuz while digital splat2n might not be much more expensive then physical, having to buy an memory card would make it kinda pointless since id have to go to a store anyway

sdcards are cheap now and you'll need one for your switch eventually unless you wanna go all physical, which is for losers.

Some games are bigger than others. I'm already full off just MK8, Zelda and some demos. But sdcards are cheap.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Bloop posted:

i have very strong feelings about dumb inconsequential things in video games and you can't take them away from me

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Bought Zelda physical with my console and have downloaded everything else. Might as well glue Zelda in the cart slot because picking games from the menu like a tablet is :krad:

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Never underestimate a spergy goon.

He doesnt have anything else in his life, let him have it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys, I am very excited for Splatoon 2

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

today i woke up feeling ok but then i remembered it is a day where splatoon 2 does not yet exist so it became bad day

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The Bloop posted:

Devoyniche posted:

Never underestimate a spergy goon.
He doesnt have anything else in his life, let him have it.

Ice cream voters spotted

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

it's ok to make fun of other nerds imo

but fill your shitposting with love, not hate. that's what i want to do

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Pistachio ice cream is very good

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I remember reading from Digital Foundry, I think, that System Memory loads the fastest. Experimenting a bit, I found a good method to split my downloads between System and SD. I really hope they make this possible in the OS instead of using this method.

Any game you start downloading a destination will finish on that destination. So reboot without the SD in to install on System. Put it back in when the download is started/ done and it'll ask you if you wanna restart to use the SD. I like that both storages can be run from.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone figure out how to play Minecraft locally without split screen?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone figure out how to play Minecraft locally without split screen?

You mean locally as in one player per switch on several switches?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. We figured it out. Though Minecraft on a car ride is a recipe for carsickness.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I pretty much have to buy digital from the US store because AAA games have a 33% markup in my country.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Infinitum posted:

Hello I am Infinitum, and I have an important PSA to make

If you buy Splatoon 2 on a physical cart you are a dumb dumb

Buy multiplayer games digitally, so they always live on your system and you can access them instantaneously.
Buy single player games physically, so you can swap them out whenever.

I will also accept buying games physically if you're not sure how good they're going to be, so that you may trade them in later if they suck.
For example Mario+Rabbids may not be everyones cup of tea.

But Splatoon 2 is a good game.
So buy it digitally.

This has been forum poster Infinitum, thanking you for your time.

Splatoon 2 will be my first physical Switch game assuming I can pick it up used at GameStop. I didn't care much for Splatfest, but I'm willing to give the full game a shot with the option of getting my money back if it doesn't work out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm gonna rent Splatoon 2

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mods???

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm gonna buy Splatoon 2 physically so I can sell it when 3 comes out. I'll never play 1 again and it's stuck on my Wii U hard drive and worthless.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you're in Alaska you could rent it at Blockbuster.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought myself a copy and I bought the friend I mooched splatoon 1 off of a gift card so that he could buy spla2n

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

I bought myself a copy and I bought the friend I mooched splatoon 1 off of a gift card so that he could buy spla2n

:great:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
im saving my money for rabbids

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Gonna buy it digital because I'd rather sit in my underwear at home to obtain it than put on pants and leave my home

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HyperPuma posted:

im saving my money for rabbids

:psyduck:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Rabbids game looks pretty good tbf

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna wait for reviews on the Rabbids game

Adbot