Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mizutsune's a really good julie sub if you have one of those. fixes any rcv problems she has by itself

otherwise yea that's not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

mizutsune's a really good julie sub if you have one of those. fixes any rcv problems she has by itself

otherwise yea that's not great

Yeah, that's what I kind of figured. Might put it on my Julie team, but I already have Andromeda and Isis for water based heal options.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Gammoth has a ton of HP, 4th highest in the game. Her active is good and flexible as an inheritable delay + orb spawn that can go on blue, green or dark teams in general. Gammoth's awakenings are middling, but enough to be justifiable running as a base sub if needed. I think Gammoth is one of the better cards in the MH REM, especially for just a 5*.

REM Mizutsune on the other hand is kind of just a one-trick pony whose gimmick is "hueg RCV". Mizutsune could find use on a leader who has high HP and low RCV, but the only current popular leader like that is Julie. It doesn't help that Mizutsune is one of the few REM monsters who didn't get buffed from their release forms. Maybe Mizutsune will find use down the road, maybe not, I hold on to everything just in case.

Edit: seeing as you do have Julie, yes Gammoth is a great inherit for her team wherever you feel like putting it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mizutsune's better than they are for that purpose for what it's worth. tho admittedly he's only better for the cleric role on a a team like julie

highest rcv of any blue card and he has a coop boost to take it even further, giving you nearly 2000 rcv in coop at +297 even before you pop his active (which is 6 turns of x3 rcv, making it pretty much impossible not to full heal yourself for its duration even outside of coop). his other stats are also solid and further boosted in coop. his big problem is his awoken skills, tho I guess that's true with most of the non 7* monster hunter cards come to think of it

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Any thoughts on a good inherit for Diablos? I threw an unskilled Acala on him for ghetto SBR and stats but I'm sure I could do something better. No Fujin though. :(

Gronia? Ishida? Uhh... Kushinadahime? A. Freyja or Meimei? Rathian? I don't know what the usual Anubis/Diablos are running, and my team is pretty stupid because I'm running Yang Guifei for the 7c awakening and light colour for guard break even though her skill is off-colour and useless. I'm hoping Momiji gets that buff soon.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Yeah I'm dying without FUA.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buffs to the regular (non-pixel) FF cards:

quote:

Dark Knight Cecil

HP +300, ATK +100.

Leader skill buffed to ATK x5 when reaching 3 combos (Buff from ATK x4.5)

Paladin Cecil

HP + 200, ATK +150.

Leader skill buffed to RCV x2.5 for light attributes (Buff from RCV x2)

Lightning

HP +300, ATK +100.

Leader skill buffed to ATK x3, RCV x3 when simultaneously clearing 5+ connected Light orbs (Buff from ATK, RCV x2.5)

Tifa

HP +300, ATK +100

Leader kill buffed to ATK increases when matching 5+ Fire or Light orbs (instead of 6+).

Noctis

HP +300, ATK +100.

Leader skill buffed to ATK x7.5 at 6 combos (Buff from ATK x7)

Glauca

Leader skill buffed to include Devil type.
Awakenings/stat buff:

Squall: tpa+

Trance Vivi: dark row+

Ace: fire oe+, SB+

Wol: light row+

Cloud: HP +200, ATK +150 / TE+, 7c+

Sephiroth: HP +300, RCV +60 / TE+, 7c+

:siren:Yuna: HP +200, ATK +100, RCV +30 / 7c+, 7c+:siren:

Rain: fire oe+, SB+

Onion Knight: SB+

Auron: machine killer+

Panelo: SBR+

Glauca: SB+

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

Buffs to the regular (non-pixel) FF cards:

lol what a lovely non-buff to Tifa. Oh good her poo poo 5x multiplier can now be activated without making a row! All of her damage comes from rows, she has 5 row enhances!

Apparently the pixel ults lose a bunch of awakenings over the old ults, too? She goes down to three row enhances and loses her time extends, and Vaan loses two light and two fire rows too. I feel like in today's meta you could afford to leave them with the awakenings, although maybe the void bypass thing is considered too good. I don't know if I'll pixellate them as it stands.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Well at least I won't feel bad about using Yuna any more.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I managed to cobble together an okuni team to pair with Diablos, AOkuni/sima yi/RYomi/RValk/7c Lumiel. Okuni is very vunerable to binds though, might switch rValk to a bind cleric, losing rainbow coverage isn't a big deal since lumiel has a lazer.

I'll BF the first maxed diablos with SA in their name, add 327,277,318 !

might play around with a kushinada team too, love skyfalls that make up for my bad matches though.

junan_paalla fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 15, 2017

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
And with my last 5 gems.... Diaochan.

So now I have the makings of diablos/haku/haku/yomi/diochan. I just need to evolve all of them up!

I am not wrong that is a good team, right?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Finagle posted:

And with my last 5 gems.... Diaochan.

So now I have the makings of diablos/haku/haku/yomi/diochan. I just need to evolve all of them up!

I am not wrong that is a good team, right?

It's definitely a fun team but you're going to need some utility options or inherits for some things. I've been running similar teams and I think I've run out of stuff to clear with it as is.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finally got the mats for the blue hunter evo but I still only have had one skill fodder drop for Glavenus because when he shows up instead of the blue enemy he keeps dropping worthless evo mats. :sigh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
run 3p

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Hmm, I could wager a guess...

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Scrounged up another 10 free stones and pulled Amatsu, so glad I didn't splurge on a pack, I'm done with this REM.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wish I could roll amatsu :sigh: been throwing challenge stones at this thing for a while but my crystal egg luck is abysmal

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic
So there's a 10-stone machine and a godfest, anything in there worth throwing stones at? I don't have a huge number, but I also don't use them for much otherwise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd say monster hunter is better than this godfest (which is a single pantheon of 6* cards both days), but if you have to roll on the regular machine then wait until tomorrow for the better pantheon

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The MonHun pulls are all pretty good, with high weighted stats (every one 1000+) and decent awakenings.

Golds: One of each color. Green, Light, Dark all have inheritable delays. Solid subs.

Crystal 6*: Glavenus is one of two NA cards with FUA awakening, the other 4 are a little underwhelming. Kirin is an unbindable, light Meri. Valphalk might be fun to take for a spin if you're particularly skilled at matching quickly.

Crystal 7*: Two of the best mons in the game, one of which is possibly the best leader the game has ever seen, the other one of the best subs (and the other mon with FUA)

E: Pulled a Diaochan today, which would own if I had an Anubis or even a Diablos. Still good for brainless Bastet farming, though.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

What are some good inherits for Anubis? I don't have Fujin.

If there's nothing terribly useful other people might want to use then I'm just going to stick Nargacuga on him for skill delay resist and stat boosts.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I might put a Seijuro on mine since I was lucky enough to roll two back-to-back, but that might be better for Yuna for the stat boost. Oichi is a good inherit too, although I can't decide between regular (+2 combos, tricolor board change) or awoken (bind+awoken cleric, tricolor board change). The combo count would get used more often but I can see the awoken bind clear saving my rear end from time to time. Wish I had a second Oichi!

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Oh poo poo there's a new rare egg machine and I hear it's good ok lets blow some stones on this:

1. Nargacuga
2. Nargacuga :confused:
3. Nargacuga :mad:
4. Diabolos :aaa:
5. Nargacuga :what:

...Fine. Fine. I'll take this, PaD, but don't think this will trick me into blowing stones on some later machine when I get a ton of poo poo rolls and think an awesome one is coming up later.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Does anyone have an audio bug on iOS where the orb moving sounds don't always play? Only about 50% of them?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I forget this game has sound since I leave mine turned off. I did turn it back on to run a collab or two over the years when someone mentions it's got good music.

I am having a great time playing Anubis/Diablos. I'm thinking I should blow my stones on MH to get my own Diablos so I can play multiplayer with my brother and his Anubis. We don't play that often though so I don't know if it's worth it.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

GoodBee posted:

I forget this game has sound since I leave mine turned off. I did turn it back on to run a collab or two over the years when someone mentions it's got good music.

I am having a great time playing Anubis/Diablos. I'm thinking I should blow my stones on MH to get my own Diablos so I can play multiplayer with my brother and his Anubis. We don't play that often though so I don't know if it's worth it.

Make sure you let your brother know he's just not worth it ;)

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Is it worth it to get more than one male hunter / female hunter for their skill inherits? They look pretty useful

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

GoodBee posted:

Don't bother. If you want to co-op, do it with Blue Hunter.

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Is it worth it to get more than one male hunter / female hunter for their skill inherits? They look pretty useful

Sure, if you can stand the grind and spending the MP for them.

And while you guys are wasting stones on Monster Hunter, I'm saving up for Final Fantasy. Gotta get me some pixels.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I think the conventional wisdom is Blue Male, Red Female for free, then Light F -> G/D M -> D F -> R M as your MP stash allows. I stopped after G/D M.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why red for the female hunter? does the gravity work like trailokyavijaya's?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
It's both a useful inherit skill and a useful inherit base. Kirin is just a useful inherit (although a really great one for Kush).

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Manatee Cannon posted:

why red for the female hunter? does the gravity work like trailokyavijaya's?

She's the second farmable inheritable delay, and this one is two turns so it's also better than a bunch of lovely REM delays like Woodbahn. That alone makes it useful, the gravity is pretty meh at 10% but it's sorta useful with some resolves. She's also a decent red blob lead for farming if you don't have ACC or Yamamoto but red still doesn't have anything on par with Dios for board change so ALB is going to remain farming king.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I got a Nene... Any particular use in the meta?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pulled four times for shits and giggles and the only thing not worth feeding to others for plusses is "Clever Egg Dragon, Diena." I have never heard of this thing and it's kind of weird.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

UHD posted:

Pulled four times for shits and giggles and the only thing not worth feeding to others for plusses is "Clever Egg Dragon, Diena." I have never heard of this thing and it's kind of weird.
They're pretty new and also super rare, so they don't get talked about much. Sweet active, though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They're pretty new and also super rare, so they don't get talked about much. Sweet active, though.

Actually, they are a lot less rare than the valks and the jewel girls. Expect to have a full collection of them in no time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... do I bother putting Kanna on an Amenominakanushi team? Just pulled that duder and boy howdy an unconditional 6x sounds nice.

Also got Fenrir Viz. Just need the white snake and my Jammer team will ride.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

widespread posted:

So uh... do I bother putting Kanna on an Amenominakanushi team? Just pulled that duder and boy howdy an unconditional 6x sounds nice.

I use DAthena on my Aizen team because of the prongs. So similar concept. It can be useful to sweep trash floors with just a prong or squishy bosses with a combo shield. Probably less useful in harder stuff where you pretty much have to cross to put a dent in anything. So take that for what it's worth.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

robbob posted:

I use DAthena on my Aizen team because of the prongs. So similar concept. It can be useful to sweep trash floors with just a prong or squishy bosses with a combo shield. Probably less useful in harder stuff where you pretty much have to cross to put a dent in anything. So take that for what it's worth.

Considering that I'd have to glob 8 Light orbs for the extra boost on top of the prongs, I'll either take it into consideration or find a compatible 7x6 friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This is the last box-help post for a while, I promise!

My mom plays PAD too and I finally updated her padherder. she's a casual, non-iap player. right now I've got her set up with a Mito team because she's not very good at puzzling. she's like, a 3 combo, maybe 4 combo max player. but she enjoys the game a lot, so that's what matters! Anyway, I wanted to look into other leader options for her because finding Mito or Mito-compatible friends seems to be a struggle. she had 4 or 5 of them, and all but one changed from Mito. :rip:

https://www.padherder.com/user/oceansailor/ most dupes listed in the notes.

What are some competent, easy to play leaders/teams that I can help her put together? She wants to clear descends, but she'll likely not be touching super hard content. The new Norn evos will be nice once we get them, since they'll be fairly easy to play and they seem easy to find friends for.