Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peacoffee posted:

I still don't entirely belive Mr. C raped audrey. It seems like misdirection because he was there getting the owl ring from the nurse who pinched it off Annie, who is in the ICU that same time.

e: or maybe he got A LOT done in that ICU

where is the implication that Mr C raped Audrey between the end of season 2 and now? i can't remember any direct references to her this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Escobarbarian posted:

Do we know for sure he got the owl ring? Can't recall ever hearing that mentioned.

And Doc Hayward mentions he came out of Audrey's room.

Specifically, Doc recalls that Coop came out of the ICU. Doc presumes he was there to check on Audrey, because she was in there.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

zeal posted:

where is the implication that Mr C raped Audrey between the end of season 2 and now? i can't remember any direct references to her this season

Scumbag guy in the coinflip/child hit and run/acting creepy in the bar scenes is credited as Richard Horne, so there is a fan theory that he is the unholy union of Booper and Audrey.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

zeal posted:

It was mentioned earlier that Booper was taken to the hospital after his man vs mirror headbang sesh at the end of Season 2, which Audrey was coincidentally being treated at after the bank explosion. He slipped out of his room and left while nobody was looking, and apparently he was last seen sneaking out of the ICU after visiting Audrey. We don't know a single thing about what he did while he was there but goons jumped to :tvtropes: and won't let go of the idea

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

We don't know a single thing about what he did while he was there but goons jumped to :tvtropes: and won't let go of the idea

jfc are we still doing this

edit: just gonna quote alexakis' post again because it really points out how stupid this whole "goons are just saying it's rape because they're creepy" thing is

Art Alexakis posted:

I think its most likely that the rapist did not rape them, but rather hypnotized them. Seems very clear that the man who is possessed by an evil spirit that really loves raping people used some device (pocket watch swung like a pendulum?) to hypnotize them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just explaining what happened, my dude, I really don't care personally until the implication is a little less broad across the board

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Just explaining what happened, my dude, I really don't care personally until the implication is a little less broad across the board

Your explanation is trash my dude, Richard Horne is the reason the theory exists it wasn't just Goons Randomly Talkin Rape

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm pretty sure the first person I saw posit that as a theory was on the previous page, but maybe my eyes were glazed over and I missed it :shrug:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ahhh, i never caught vehicular manslaughter guy's name

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I'm pretty sure the first person I saw posit that as a theory was on the previous page, but maybe my eyes were glazed over and I missed it :shrug:

People have been talking about it ever since he was first in an episode six weeks ago

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
Just rewatching the last one, before this one airs. When the three wonderful cops interview Dougie's boss they end the conversation with "well I appreciate you coming down Bushnell" as if he's at the station. The look on Bushnell's face has had me in giggles for ten minutes now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They are at the station.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
Ah I thought they were still at Dougie's office place. Still had some giggles.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't get how Dick Horne proves anything? I mean, it's been 25 years. She could have slept with literally anyone. What about the guy she did on a plane before he left? Couldn't it have been his?

I just don't see anything pointing toward rape, to be honest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Because Richard is an evil molesty rear end in a top hat who ran down a kid and didn't give a gently caress and he hardly got that from Audrey

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Plane guy is irrelevant. Mr. C is an actual character in the season, so it could mean something if Richard was his son.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its clearly rape

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If that god drat cowboy hat wearing motherfucker shows up in this show I will be so angry but also happy at the same time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just wanna say for the record - because I'm basically the poster boy for the rape theory at this point god dammit - that I'm by no means saying that is definitely one hundred percent what it is. But judging from everything we've seen, everything we know, and (try not to flip out about the use of this phrase, those of you who have previously) context clues, I feel it is by far the most likely option.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It probably is! But that hasn't stopped the same 4 or 5 goons from giving the same back and forth opinions about it for the last several real life weeks as if they're gonna magically change each others' minds.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I just wanna say for the record - because I'm basically the poster boy for the rape theory at this point god dammit - that I'm by no means saying that is definitely one hundred percent what it is. But judging from everything we've seen, everything we know, and (try not to flip out about the use of this phrase, those of you who have previously) context clues, I feel it is by far the most likely option.

no need to be such a rape apologist

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

CJacobs posted:

It probably is! But that hasn't stopped the same 4 or 5 goons from giving the same back and forth opinions about it for the last several real life weeks as if they're gonna magically change each others' minds.

I mean, considering Art Alexakis had to dredge up my week old post just so we could talk about rape some more, maybe that's just what's on this thread's mind.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wait does someone think "it's not rape if you just hypnotize them into having sex with you" or am I having a migraine induced hallucination

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

oh OOOOHHH rape
i thought u said ape
how embarrassing
ill see myself out

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zelah posted:

Wait does someone think "it's not rape if you just hypnotize them into having sex with you" or am I having a migraine induced hallucination

Ask And More, I'm still not entirely sure why he thinks Evil Coop hypnotised them or what that would mean for the show.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

zelah posted:

Nah, someone brought up that Diane might be a sleeper agent. The message she gets "Around the dinner table, the conversation is lively" is quite similar to the whole "This is the water" poem. So I suggested that maybe Mr. C hypnotised both her and Audrey into helping him.

In retrospect, it seems more likely that Diane works together with Phillip Jeffries. The message she gets is slightly different from the one Mr. C sends.

And More fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 17, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha I honestly just assumed that was the tech/tech effects in this show being weirdly crappy and amateur presenting itself again

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

And More posted:

Nah, someone brought up that Diane might be a sleeper agent. The message she gets "Around the dinner table, the conversation is lively" is quite similar to the whole "This is the water" poem. So I suggested that maybe Mr. C hypnotised both her and Audrey into helping him.

Oh whew. Yeah I'm super interested in that text and if we're going to see David Bowie or not. I've purposefully avoided all casting rumors/news and wanted to go into the season fresh.

I also really want to know what happened after Doc Hayward clocked Ben with the fire poker. Were charges pressed? Did Ben forgive and forget in his attempt to make right his previous wrongs?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
If only Richard Horne had been driving a Nissan, things'd be different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkt8L0NtSjA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not that good a bluff

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Am I the only one watching? Normally I don't watch it till the next morning, too.

Richard Horne is a Very Bad Boy.

edit: loving chad

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
loving chad jesus christ

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I could watch a show entirely about Harry Dean Stanton managing the Fat Trout

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
oh hey the straight story's on

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh hey the straight story's on

So is Fly apparently

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

That was horrifyingly realistic in terms of what abusive losers actually act like :stare:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
oh hey that's my fetish

50s beauty queens chasing houseflies i mean, not domestic abuse

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
holy poo poo it's doctor phlox

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow