Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Kromlech posted:

Whole episode should've been the hound making fun of baldie's topknot.
yeah that was p good lol, it got a good laugh from at least half a dozen peeps, myself included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
that and the opening someone told me to shush it because I called it and I was like "Derek Smart called this whole scene first" and then I had to tell them about derek smrat and star citizen and then halfways through telling them about the 2.5 release I realize I was talking to an empty room

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

So if you get blown up you should spend a week without a ship, yeah that sounds reasonable and wouldn't make anyone quit the game or anything. I'm sure those players would all spend the downtime scrubbing space toilets and stacking space crates on some whale's ship instead. Guys like Lethality won't have to do this, of course, because they have a couple dozen ships to rotate between

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol at there being no more leaks because everyone is quitting

I'm sure this is good for CIG

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
So I had an itch to play world of warships. Tried to set up an account but never received the activation email. Checked literally every folder too. Nada.

Seemed like it's a pretty common issue. FAQ page says to get a friend to submit a CS ticket for you. Catch 22 if you don't have any friends playing the game already. :/

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

it means that the game is almost ready for release so they don't need to employ certain people so their jobs are done!

Or it means that those funds will now be better used to make the dream real!

Or it means that those people can't understand a true visionary genius albert-einstein-of-our-times Chris Roberts and quit and good riddance because Jesus Crobberts is too amazing and legendary to be bothered with such trash

Or it means that (insert desperate and pathetic mental gymnastics routine #45A)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Foo Diddley posted:

So if you get blown up you should spend a week without a ship, yeah that sounds reasonable and wouldn't make anyone quit the game or anything. I'm sure those players would all spend the downtime scrubbing space toilets and stacking space crates on some whale's ship instead. Guys like Lethality won't have to do this, of course, because they have a couple dozen ships to rotate between

That's why all the smartest best citizens own many, many ships. It's a smart wise investment in the BDSSE.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

it sounds like soon you're the one who will be leaking.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chris has refactored the fidelity once again and is increasingly interested in perfecting wobbly liquids in glasses, highly detailed cafeteria food, and mop and bucket interactions. As a result we will have a single, highly detailed landing zone with thousands of hours of content. All of the spaceship gameplay will now be worked on after release.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beet Wagon posted:

What really bakes my noodle about all this is the fact that for four years one of the loudest contingents of opinionated dickwads in the Star Citizen community was the "explorers," and now nobody is even raising their hand going "Hey I uh... super wanted to go explore deep space and stuff, and now that's not really possible."

CIG wrote like ten pages of design poo poo (which is a lot for them) about how finding jump points would work, and how you'd have to successfully navigate the point before you could "unlock" it and poo poo. They sold an $800 idiot stroller with a "space telescope" for exploring and poo poo, and nobody seems even the slightest bit upset that they've just gone "LOL, ACTUALLY WE WERE KIDDING."

That's my bone to pick with these dummies too. Let's say I'm Jerry Newparp to this whole game. I read the website (lol), watch a few AtV's, and now I want to roam around and "be an explorer" now. I buy a Carrack, and now I'm reading the subreddit. 'Lo and Behold, I found out there are only 5-10 star systems available. What is my first thought going to be?

I got loving scammed. I got conned out of $350 (assuming the price doesn't go up in the near future) to meander around 10 systems that are gauranteed to be completely plundered within a week. Where the gently caress is the fun in that? How are people defending an entire game mechanic essentially thrown to the fire, never to be questioned again?

poo poo like this is why not only does this company deserve to fail, the people who gave them money deserve to be conned.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

makes you wonder if that tweet AP linked of brian chambers "on vacation" is an overly extended one lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Somebody should tell Chris that drinks may have ice in them, and that ice melts. Then show him the ice cubes in MGS2.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
1 or 100 systems, it won't matter if they can't have servers running with more than 4 people at any given moment.

gently caress yeah, this mmo's gonna be bitchin' as I constantly disconnect from the servers while the mainframe begins to melt. FIDELITY!!!!!!!

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Gravity_Storm posted:

This is how Jonestown happened.

Would you like a slice of crobbler with your koolaid? It comes in almost every loving flavor known to man

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheAgent posted:

um if I'm drinking beer and dancing all night, there ain't no loads blowing

welcome to almost being 40, motherfuckers

One day I wanna go drinking with you.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

So I had an itch to play world of warships. Tried to set up an account but never received the activation email. Checked literally every folder too. Nada.

Seemed like it's a pretty common issue. FAQ page says to get a friend to submit a CS ticket for you. Catch 22 if you don't have any friends playing the game already. :/

At least you have an actual playable game :negative:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

people have convinced themselves that the constant delays are a good thing because of "fidelity", its not much of a step to apply the same reasoning for less content.

Yeah, but once you give up "time" and "content" the only thing left is "quality" so hopef... oh fuckit, never mind.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

nawledgelambo posted:

That's my bone to pick with these dummies too. Let's say I'm Jerry Newparp to this whole game. I read the website (lol), watch a few AtV's, and now I want to roam around and "be an explorer" now. I buy a Carrack, and now I'm reading the subreddit. 'Lo and Behold, I found out there are only 5-10 star systems available. What is my first thought going to be?

I got loving scammed. I got conned out of $350 (assuming the price doesn't go up in the near future) to meander around 10 systems that are gauranteed to be completely plundered within a week. Where the gently caress is the fun in that? How are people defending an entire game mechanic essentially thrown to the fire, never to be questioned again?

poo poo like this is why not only does this company deserve to fail, the people who gave them money deserve to be conned.

* plundering game mechanic not implemented in MVP SC 1.0 - wait for jesus patch SC 1.1

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm really starting to get concerned that the game Star Citizen might not make it over the finish line.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lack of Gravitas posted:

At least you have an actual playable game :negative:

Except I can't play it. :(

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Sure, retcon-ing a stretch goal into an optional task or a mere suggestion is not great.

However, only 1 to 5 star systems means we are getting a super extra polished game that will blow everything else in the competition off the loving map.

Can't wait for 2025.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ThingsByJames/status/886830542372655105

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that the ship with the idiotic cargo hold schematic?

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Isn't this called acceptance phase?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Also, lol at the "5-10 planets at release" mental gymnastics: you can safely predict 3 or 4 maximum, since they've never actually hit any target they've aimed at since the kickstarter.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Tippis posted:

Omg. You just don't understand fire-fighting.

(Actually, I suspect you do and just use that image to convey an apparent dissonance between image elements. It's just a bit unfair to the fire-fighting profession in general to use this image. They're just having a good time and who seemingly have very good control over the fire they set because like all fire fighters, they're actually pyromaniacs at heart — just very responsible and professional ones. This makes them in every way unsuited for any kind of comparison with CIG).

:colbert:

Michaellaneous posted:

I can confirm, I am a volunteer firefighter.
A fascination with fire is an absolute standard for it.And sometimes, letting some burn down controlled is way cooler.

Well, you got me there. I have an acquaintance , who is a volunteer firefighter and for some fest here they gathered a bunch of stuff (I think they've cleaned a river from fallen branches and such) and burned it down. The only thing I was thinking was - weren't the firefighters supposed to extinguish the fires and not start them?

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Virtual Captain posted:

I'd like to thank everyone for all the fantastic work we have done here in our hive of villany.

So far we have:

- Delayed the game by several years
- Made Chris Roberts endlessly shoot motion capture
- Made CIG steal artwork, repeatedly
- Fed Chris bogus release dates and forced him to promise major patches by the end of the year
- Stole CIGs logins and increased ship prices by 400% minutes before they went live
- Made Christ Roberts an amnesiac and completely unfamiliar or able to play his own game
- Made CIG have endless concept sales that make no sense
- Wrote a cartoonishly evil TOS and forced CIG to use it
- Made up a huge list of outrageous promises that will never be delivered and made it look like CIG were the ones doing it
- Prepared decades in advance by making Chris Roberts have a proven track record of over promising and under delivering
- Made the PU buggy and unplayable for more than a few mins
- Made any work to the PU be bad, take forever, and solve nothing
- Tricked CIG into talking about features and gameplay then forcing them to walk back on what they promised
- Brainwashed RSI mods into banning backers and ingraining the admins with a martial law mentality
- Hacked into CIGs site and turned on cash only discounts
- Produced hundreds of hours of embarassing, bad, stammering, idiotic, uninformative, outright misinformation in the form of videos where we pretended to be them with Mission Impossible level disguises that we then host on CIGs own website
- Bought out an entire company just for a 'spectrum' joke
- Closed the RSI forums
- Made CIG legally obligated to include Star Kitten in the final product
- Tricked Chris into thinking a referral contest was a brilliant idea
- Infiltrated Foundry 42 to stike up a bad loan with Coutts & Co
- Cut 3.0 down to a couple barren moons and two quest givers
- Delayed 3.0 for nearly a year if not longer

These among other things are no fault of CIGs and are in fact the work of us under the command of Derek Smart o7//

Don't forget that we made a ship wiggle in a promotion video:
http://i.imgur.com/5aMljC8.mp4

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Toblakai posted:

Well, you got me there. I have an acquaintance , who is a volunteer firefighter and for some fest here they gathered a bunch of stuff (I think they've cleaned a river from fallen branches and such) and burned it down. The only thing I was thinking was - weren't the firefighters supposed to extinguish the fires and not start them?

Sometimes you have to set things on fire to stop them from burning.

It is very much like game development.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Missed page 1500 again. :suicide:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Is it true that BDSSE stands for But Derek Smart Sees Everything?

Is that why Chris keeps saying it cos he is mad.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

peter gabriel posted:

$6 million stretch goal : 100 systems at launch

'OH NO THANK YOU GOOD SIR I WANT 5 - 10 SYSTEMS!!SS!!!!!!!!'

Are you ok commando?
I'm starting to worry about your mental state....

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

1500 posted:

Missed page 1500 again. :suicide:

It wasn't that great tbh.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Toblakai posted:

Don't forget that we made a ship wiggle in a promotion video:
http://i.imgur.com/5aMljC8.mp4

Still carn't believe we were able to pull that off. :gary: :gizz:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That ship is clearly not wiggling. It's the extreme heat fidelicious effect that makes it look like it is trembling when in fact that is an illusion caused by the heated air rising and playing tricks with the light. The rest of the scenery remains unaffected because

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AbstractNapper posted:

That ship is clearly not wiggling. It's the extreme heat fidelicious effect that makes it look like it is trembling when in fact that is an illusion caused by the heated air rising and playing tricks with the light. The rest of the scenery remains unaffected because
No you idiot it's being pumped with gravity goo for its upcoming travel to one of the five planets in the 'verse. Sheesh.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A real life friend of mine, who is a seasoned gamer in his late 30ies with 20+ years of gaming in his CV and who regularly plays all kinds of games actually defends CR. He only bought the Aurora starter pack, so I am not worried about his finances, but he refuses to accept any negative or cautious remarks on the game. When I mentioned the Couts&Crobbers deal and told him I was sceptical about that, he immediately told me "seems like you have been reading too much of those hater websites".

The scary part is I know for a fact he does not read SA or reddit, he is not active in any online communities...he only reads Gamestar. So apparently even minds isolated from the shillizens' brainwashing rhetoric can be infected with croberitis.
Needless to say, we don't talk about SC any more.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Is this Starscream game done yet?

roflingstones
May 19, 2009

Hopper posted:

A real life friend of mine, who is a seasoned gamer in his late 30ies with 20+ years of gaming in his CV and who regularly plays all kinds of games actually defends CR. He only bought the Aurora starter pack, so I am not worried about his finances, but he refuses to accept any negative or cautious remarks on the game. When I mentioned the Couts&Crobbers deal and told him I was sceptical about that, he immediately told me "seems like you have been reading too much of those hater websites".

The scary part is I know for a fact he does not read SA or reddit, he is not active in any online communities...he only reads Gamestar. So apparently even minds isolated from the shillizens' brainwashing rhetoric can be infected with croberitis.

time 2 burn some bridges imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Hopper posted:

I'd say that's just a phenomenon of wanting a game to exist to a point where you put down money on a pre-order for dreams. Even if it's only a few tens of $$, people are loathe to admit they've effectively thrown away good money.