Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

basalt posted:

My apologies! I'll try to keep personal anecdotes to myself from now on, or find a more appropriate place to share them.

For the record, The Castle of Cagliostro looks amazing. I'm just annoyed with myself for not simply typing out the title of the show in full.

Everyone went crazy over anime for a couple of pages, it's ok buddy.

haveblue posted:

Push through this, the end boss and final sequence are both amazing.

:stonk:

It's just that for every two stages that I get to have fun sliding around and messing with enemies, there is one where I'm in some sort of transport or enclosed space. The game is crazy awesome but there are times when it seems like the devs wanted it to be like a normal TPS and it blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
double post

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope they make a new Star Fox for the Switch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
god hand is the most finished a non-resident evil mikami game has felt

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm playing ff12, I just got subclassing and feel very powerful, but not powerful enough to gently caress with some of these hunts yet

Worried I'm going to burn out on rpgs but I don't have any more actiony games I want to play atm

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I started getting into PUBG again and I started playing FFXII for the first time ever. The combat seems okay thanks to 4x speed but I've been getting the urge to give FFVII another fair shake since I prefer turn based systems.

Can anyone tell me if the steam release of VII is any good?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lets hang out posted:

I'm playing ff12, I just got subclassing and feel very powerful, but not powerful enough to gently caress with some of these hunts yet

Worried I'm going to burn out on rpgs but I don't have any more actiony games I want to play atm

You should play Tales of Berseria

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

littleorv posted:

I started getting into PUBG again and I started playing FFXII for the first time ever. The combat seems okay thanks to 4x speed but I've been getting the urge to give FFVII another fair shake since I prefer turn based systems.

Can anyone tell me if the steam release of VII is any good?

it's fine, yeah. people will tell you the music is messed up but they fixed that in a patch so it's no longer a problem

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that yes Olive Garden Tonight did get into my XCOM2 game but what happened in here

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ffvii is a good game orv

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Colonel posted:

ffvii is a good game orv

You should gift it to me since we are such good friends

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk-C9yG-ZWU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

"Americarika" looks dumb and sounds dumb if you say it out loud

Much like the movie will be, if it ever exists

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we're the kirakids in akiramerikira (ooh-kirawhoa-oh)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

littleorv posted:

You should play Tales of Berseria

I want to I just don't know when that's going to happen. It's hard to keep track of everything that's coming out later this year and lists don't help because they never include all the niche poo poo I care about, like the six?!!! falcom games that are supposed to come out in the next few months

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Really Pants posted:

we're the kirakids in akiramerikira (ooh-kirawhoa-oh)

i hate this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's pretty jarring in Call of Duty Ghosts when I cut twenty throats per mission and regularly blow up complexes operated by civilians but if a single dude without a gun gets caught in my grenade explosion I instantly lose and get a "DON'T KILL CIVIES YOU MONSTER!" message. gently caress you Treyarch or whoever made this, why the gently caress do you care so much. The virtual man is dead, reloading my old save doesn't change the fact I blew him away.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Golden Goat posted:

I feel like we can only answer this with a discussion lasting several pages and ending with people yelling at each other on what a chat thread is.

But anyway, What new games are people playing this week?

I've been playing Dead Cells. I like how it feels very close to what a legit roguelike Castlevania would be like, the abundance of weapons and random loot is really cool and I like how every weapon has a unique feel to it and the random side properties that some of them have. Which makes it hurt more when you lose everything when you die, but that just means finding new weapon / item combinations to play around with.

I do have the same issues with it as I do with Rogue Legacy though, which are that enemies randomly hit way too goddamn hard and health items are way too few and far between (although you get an unlockable health potion item in this one, so I guess there's that), and I kind of hate the boss design, going by the one I've reached in DC that randomly generates a shield that freezes you in place and damages you until the boss lumbers out of range, that you can't break and can't jump over or roll through and can't do much of anything if he walks you into one side or the other of the boss room.

Hopefully they could adjust that since it's in early access, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've also been playing Furi but I'm not sure I really dig it that much.

In Training posted:

I'm sitting in an empty room like Raiden for 4 days until Splatoon 2 comes out

Not gonna lie, the one thing tempting me to get a switch now rather than waiting another year and a half is that I need Splatfests back in my life.
Also kinda want to play Puyo Puyo Tetris and I'm kinda miffed that it didn't get a PC release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of the best games of 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

gently caress yeah

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I want to I just don't know when that's going to happen. It's hard to keep track of everything that's coming out later this year and lists don't help because they never include all the niche poo poo I care about, like the six?!!! falcom games that are supposed to come out in the next few months

Ys Seven on PC incoming!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lets hang out posted:

please don't remind me that xseed is strategically nuking my bank account, maybe aksys too

thankfully i don't care enough about ys viii to buy it yet but, ys seven, tokyo xanadu, zwei 2, trails of cold steel... it's gonna be a hell of a summer

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Colonel posted:

please don't remind me that xseed is strategically nuking my bank account, maybe aksys too

thankfully i don't care enough about ys viii to buy it yet but, ys seven, tokyo xanadu, zwei 2, trails of cold steel... it's gonna be a hell of a summer

get a job bum!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

raditts posted:

Also kinda want to play Puyo Puyo Tetris and I'm kinda miffed that it didn't get a PC release.

That not SEGA's fault, Ubisoft has some kind of exclusive license to release Tetris games digitally. It's also why the PS4 version is disk only.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Basically it's cool as heck that we got PPT at all and I want Sega to port all the Puyo games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

powerpoint has been on pcs since time immemorial though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A reminder that Ubisoft's last Tetris release could not hold a stable frame rate, had multiple severe crash bugs, did not correctly model piece behavior preventing you from slotting pieces in circumstances where they should have fit, and required you to log into UPlay

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

al-azad posted:

The virtual man is dead, reloading my old save doesn't change the fact I blew him away.
It actually does, the save game mechanic wiki says it's like time travel, it's canon.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A reminder that Ubisoft's last Tetris release could not hold a stable frame rate, had multiple severe crash bugs, did not correctly model piece behavior preventing you from slotting pieces in circumstances where they should have fit, and required you to log into UPlay

thank you ubi

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Palpek posted:

It actually does, the save game mechanic wiki says it's like time travel, it's canon.

i don't know enough about call of duty games to tell if this is a joke or not

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Palpek posted:

I believe in infinite timelines. Reloading creates a new one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's the plot of undertale

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hollow Knight and The End is Nigh. I don't think I'm going to be able to 100% EIN, that game is loving hard.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh man I thought it was only donations to keep servers running, someone at least was making a pretty penny off of Pixelmon.

https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/status/885921213465231360

Fifteen dollars to get unbanned. What a country.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

As long as you're not doing Rank V ones or the elite hunts from the free company they're all doable when you get them, at least so far.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What model of time travel is it when Uncharted loads my checkpoint with all the guards back to life and in their original positions but Drake in a place I never was in the previous attempt

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

quantum leap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

basalt posted:

My apologies! I'll try to keep personal anecdotes to myself from now on, or find a more appropriate place to share them.

For the record, The Castle of Cagliostro looks amazing. I'm just annoyed with myself for not simply typing out the title of the show in full.

Hey it's ok, sometimes google just unfortunately does that kind of poo poo and I just want you to be able to feel better from all of this. Jackasses have turned triggers into a joke but if something is legitimately bothering you, you don't need to feel bad for being bothered by it. It's perfectly normal to feel hurt by things you don't like and I'm sorry that you ended up feeling bad as a result of circumstances beyond your control. I just hope you continue to feel better and that it doesn't happen again, or that if it does happen again, not anytime soon. I have PTSD and KCB has PTSD so we both know what it's like when something just sets you off and you just feel ill and awful and dreadful afterwards.

Stay well, basalt.

• Locked thread