Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Ys Seven on PC incoming!

Huh really? Ys Seven is kinda lame but its cool its coming out on PC. Unless....is Dot Emu doing the port....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't think so, the trailer only credits Xseed, Marvelous, and Falcom.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh man I thought it was only donations to keep servers running, someone at least was making a pretty penny off of Pixelmon.

https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/status/885921213465231360

Fifteen dollars to get unbanned. What a country.

What's this about servers getting taken down? Is it just this mod's servers or more?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pixelmon got a C&D.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

What's up chat thread? I'm playing through Hollow Knight and I just beat the three mantis boss and moved into Deep Nest, and gently caress this game is hard. Theres a big armored bug that deals 2 hearts worth of damage if it hits you that I killed after a half dozen tries, then moved further and another one killed me, and I'm super far from my corpse and any fast travel and I've lost motivation to continue. I wonder if I missed something because this area is really hard.

this game needs more benches and fast travel. poo poo's hard!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If you mean these guys:

The trick is to stand in front of them, doing nothing, until they open their mask -- then hit them and dash backwards. If you attack the mask, they will IMMEDIATELY attack you and you'll probably get hit.

If you have the powerup that lets you charge up for a more powerful slash attack this process will be much quicker.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There are a ton of those in there so if you aren't equipped to deal with them quickly it's probably a good idea to turn around and go explore in a different direction

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just began playing Persona 5 after a goon told me it was indeed available on PS3 and drat, this game is stylish.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The trick is to stand in front of them, doing nothing, until they open their mask -- then hit them and dash backwards. If you attack the mask, they will IMMEDIATELY attack you and you'll probably get hit.

If you have the powerup that lets you charge up for a more powerful slash attack this process will be much quicker.

Those guys are also completely vulnerable from above so you can just mash down-slash at them in the sections where you can get them to pop out.

The charged slash I don't recall being very useful on them because you can't dash cancel charged slashes, unlike normal ones. But he does have access to the upgraded fireball at that point which WOULD help a lot.

There's probably a poo poo load of stuff you could go back for if you know where to look, once you have the wall jump and dash you've got a gigantic portion of the game opened up to you, including the ability to get the remaining key movement skills without doing anything else major.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Huh really? Ys Seven is kinda lame but its cool its coming out on PC. Unless....is Dot Emu doing the port....

i doubt xseed would license ports out to them, last time they put out a broken port on steam little king's story bombed as hard as xanadu next and ys seven is a much bigger title with a bigger audience so they're probably doing all they can to make sure it's actually worth buying.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

The Vita Ys Origins port really scarred you, huh

So far all XSEED PC ports(Ys, Trails, Xanadu) have been top notch so rest assured.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
none of those are ports!!! four of the upcoming falcom games on pc are ports, but i think it's safe to say they'll all be fine because again, ys seven is a big release and they've shown gameplay that looked fine, and the rest are either ps4 games, built on an engine designed with pc releases in mind, or both

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 17, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The charged slash I don't recall being very useful on them because you can't dash cancel charged slashes, unlike normal ones. But he does have access to the upgraded fireball at that point which WOULD help a lot.

You just have to do it earlier. They make a noise when the mask starts opening and if you're not sluggish about it there's still plenty of time to hit and then dash to escape.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Xseed is contracting these ports out so who knows but apparently that durante guy has some involvement with the cold steel port

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cold steel's port will be fine, the engine cold steel was built on was programmed with the pc in mind in the first place so if durante is overseeing it there are basically no worries. otherwise, tokyo xanadu and ys viii are ps4 games so they shouldn't be hard to port for companies with comparatively more resources, and zwei 2 is a pc game with a compatibility update for newer versions of windows already

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

i bought Final Fantasy 7

Kill me

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You just have to do it earlier. They make a noise when the mask starts opening and if you're not sluggish about it there's still plenty of time to hit and then dash to escape.

Ah alright, I didn't mess with it too much since I only had them on revisits.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

littleorv posted:

i bought Final Fantasy 7

Kill me

Shoulda waited for the Remake

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey it's ok, sometimes google just unfortunately does that kind of poo poo and I just want you to be able to feel better from all of this. Jackasses have turned triggers into a joke but if something is legitimately bothering you, you don't need to feel bad for being bothered by it. It's perfectly normal to feel hurt by things you don't like and I'm sorry that you ended up feeling bad as a result of circumstances beyond your control. I just hope you continue to feel better and that it doesn't happen again, or that if it does happen again, not anytime soon. I have PTSD and KCB has PTSD so we both know what it's like when something just sets you off and you just feel ill and awful and dreadful afterwards.

Stay well, basalt.
I appreciate this. Thank you!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Shoulda waited for the Remake

Died of old age

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This game looks hilarious

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I smoked too much weed this weekend and my brain is still recovering. I want to play a game of some kind but I'm definitely not at full capacity, what's a good one for me right now?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No Man's Sky

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I said good

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oblivion but with a character who cannot attack well what so ever, but instead has a super high acrobatic stat right from the start. Like it breaks the game with how high they can jump.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

I smoked too much weed this weekend and my brain is still recovering. I want to play a game of some kind but I'm definitely not at full capacity, what's a good one for me right now?

Everything!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

gmq posted:

I just began playing Persona 5 after a goon told me it was indeed available on PS3 and drat, this game is stylish.

SMT overall is a pretty stylish series whether it's modern day or post apocalyptic modern or Meiji era Japan. Makes me upset that there are so few modern day RPGs.

If you have a DS check out The World Ends With You, another stylish game but is pretty obtuse and whatever the glamorized pop culture version for the word "twee" is.

littleorv posted:

i bought Final Fantasy 7

Kill me

Nah, replaying FF7 my drat self and it's somehow weirder and cooler than I remembered it in 1998.

How did I not think anything of taking a bath with a bunch of gay bodybuilders or checking out Tifa's underwear drawer?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

final fantasy 6

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey White Dragon, you should see if you can get your dragon game represented in that indie game battle thing :v:

Not trying to make fun of you or anything, sorry if it comes off that way, I just think it'd be neat to see what they do

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oblivion but with a character who cannot attack well what so ever, but instead has a super high acrobatic stat right from the start. Like it breaks the game with how high they can jump.

The thing about that is I kinda hate Oblivion, so, uh :sterv:

The White Dragon posted:

final fantasy 6

I should beat that at some point! But I don't know if I'm in the mood to coax my PC into using a PS4 controller.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Unlock your brain full potential, play Antichamber or something similar

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/gxapyc.webm

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

littleorv posted:

i bought Final Fantasy 7

Kill me
That's a shame, I was just about to buy it for you too.

Now you will have to live knowing that you could have gotten Final Fantasy VII for free.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

The thing about that is I kinda hate Oblivion, so, uh :sterv:

I should beat that at some point! But I don't know if I'm in the mood to coax my PC into using a PS4 controller.

Raise some chao in the SA2 chao garden, use the pc chao garden editor so you can give your chao textures they couldn't normally have. Make a chao so good at flying that you enter it into a flying race and it takes off and leaves the stage and never finishes it because it has completely left the game, becoming so good that it wrapped around and became bad.

Play some Freedom Force, make some custom heroes based on people in here.

Play some RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, build some poo poo, crazy poo poo, watch people take your water slides that deposit them several dozen feet above the air into a tiny shallow pool below (or better yet, into a ditch)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Nomura talks a bit about Kingdom Hearts 3 delay which basically ammounts to "Shaggy - Wasn't Me"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lovecraft Country, a horror series set in the American South under Jim Crow, adapted from the novel of the same name

holy poo poo this sounds fantastic

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

whats gonna happen to kay though. dont leave ur less talented buddy behind pls

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Raxivace posted:

That's a shame, I was just about to buy it for you too.

Now you will have to live knowing that you could have gotten Final Fantasy VII for free.

I think you're lying

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

I've been playing Dead Cells. I like how it feels very close to what a legit roguelike Castlevania would be like, the abundance of weapons and random loot is really cool and I like how every weapon has a unique feel to it and the random side properties that some of them have. Which makes it hurt more when you lose everything when you die, but that just means finding new weapon / item combinations to play around with.

I do have the same issues with it as I do with Rogue Legacy though, which are that enemies randomly hit way too goddamn hard and health items are way too few and far between (although you get an unlockable health potion item in this one, so I guess there's that), and I kind of hate the boss design, going by the one I've reached in DC that randomly generates a shield that freezes you in place and damages you until the boss lumbers out of range, that you can't break and can't jump over or roll through and can't do much of anything if he walks you into one side or the other of the boss room.

The first boss becomes insanely easy once you learn its patterns, dont be afraid to roll past the spiky shield, it only does a tiny amount of damage. It's only an issue if it backs you into a corner and you should never let that happen. Also if you have an the accessory that poisons enemies that hit you the damage shield will make the boss kill itself hilariously quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I beat Prey and I thought it was mostly very very good until the very end where it becomes Loading Screen City

Loved it otherwise, even the ending wasn't a letdown like I was afraid it would be, and tbh it never got old blowing typhon apart with a shotgun

• Locked thread