Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

No but there is a dumb achievement that's only possible for idiots to get

Just buy it, dude. It's not even that expensive.
e: also I see u left off the pantsless 9s achivement, which you clearly got. You pervert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I didn't buy any of the other achievements and I'm not about to start

e: Also making a guy wear shorts for an hour is definitely on the level of looking up a woman's skirt repeatedly

Olive! fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 18, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was the first one I got

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I didn't buy any of the other achievements and I'm not about to start

e: Also making a guy wear shorts for an hour is definitely on the level of looking up a woman's skirt repeatedly

They're spats, not shorts. You pervert. ;)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Late but I honestly think the Nausicaa manga is the best thing Miyazaki has done and there's a beautiful box set on amazon for like 40 dollars or you could just acquire it, online, for no money

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I don't know what spats are but ok

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They're like a small, but drawn-out, arguments between significant others.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bicycle shorts

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snak posted:

They're like a small, but drawn-out, arguments between significant others.

I legit cracked up at this, thanks!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Bicycle shorts

Pretty sure those are "borts".

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I needed a tiny university for my tiny town in cities skylines, and the steam workshop had a pokemon gym that functions as one (student capacity: 8), so I decorated it and stuck it on an island:

I'm not sure my mediocre laptop has the RAM to do the entire town though, and I can't afford to upgrade it at the moment. :sigh: Maybe I will make it a desert island so the game doesn't have to render so many trees.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Ys Seven on PC incoming!

Sweet, that's like the first Ys game I played and I really liked it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol if you didn't buy all the achievements in Nier Automata

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

pika the chug

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

This bar I'm at just played a track from the Rez soundtrack and now I want to go home and play through Rez again.

drat dude I didn't know you lived by the Beta Bar.

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
i luv video games anyone wants to play some?
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/lagcatswins
my smurf acc

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

lol, watta dork

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

an actual dog posted:

Polygon has an in depth article on what it takes to run an independent video game shop and it's loving insane. One dude buys new games using the amazon prime discount because it's cheaper than what he can get through a distributor.

Ha, the last one in the list, Complete In Box, is near where I live. It took over the space from a cell phone store and a tiny gym that planet fitness put out of business. It's pretty cool, half of the store is just a bunch of free play arcade machines and consoles (I John Woo'd my way through house of the dead there once, man that game is a loving cheat) and they do game tournaments and stuff occasionally, but I have no idea if / how they make money because a lot of their prices are insane and I rarely see people actually buying anything.

From what my wife told me, the kid who runs it comes from a wealthy family that opens some other stores in town, which probably explains how the place has kept running for the five or so years it's been there. He's a nice guy, though.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I wonder if the industry will boom when gamestop kick the bucket. I know we are at least 5 years for it to happens but right now most of the local ebgame(own by gamestop) in the Montreal area have more then 50% of the store dedicated to toys and stuff right now. Its insane and the only time I step there is because its on my way to go shop somewhere else.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 18, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GAME (UK equivalent of Gamestop) almost bought the farm a few years ago but managed to avoid it and don't seem to be going anywhere, despite CEX existing and it being much easier to get drug money for your stolen games there.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Is there a thread for Fortnite? I did a search but didn't see anything and I'm probably terrible at searching. I have some friends talking about playing and haven't heard much about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Personally I just wanna see what happens if there'll be a funko pop crash since I feel like a sizable section of gamestop's store space is dedicated to that stuff. Same with the toys-to-life genre but while I see individual ones going away, I don't see a sudden crash of all toys-to-life stuff happening any time soon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

giant pit in the desert full of funko pops

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't understand how funko pops became a thing. What is it that is at all appealing about a dead-eyed stock figure that vaguely resembles That One Thing You Like and why would you pay $15-$20 for it?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Holy poo poo they have that one thing I like!?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is time for me to link NendovsFunko

https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/851923983582801920

https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/835120150668054529

https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/832216910569803776

It's the dead black eyes the wig me out the most personally

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

I don't understand how funko pops became a thing. What is it that is at all appealing about a dead-eyed stock figure that vaguely resembles That One Thing You Like and why would you pay $15-$20 for it?

Simple to make and churn out + a lot of people buy stuff based on recognizing it. I'm sure there are people who try to buy all of them for one reason or another but I suspect that a majority of people who buy those fuckers are just buying from one or two franchises (which admittedly can add up to a lot). I think at that point it just comes down to "oh hey, I like [thing] and this is merchandise of [thing], I will buy it."

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

raditts posted:

I've never spoken to anyone that actually liked the way they look, I guess people just buy them because they're cheap and are of things they like

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

Some people find them amusing I guess and as far as I'm aware they don't have any real competition unless you wanna start importing nendos from Japan. Of course they do look about a million times better.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

raditts posted:

i have a friend that has collected all but 10 of the harry potter funkos and probably has ~150 total

i don't understand it but i will not make fun of him for chasing his bliss

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I find it tough to make fun of someone buying a lot of things that makes them happy when I buy lots of video games because it makes me happy. I hope people enjoy their hobbies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am literally that wint 'my family is dying' tweet only instead of candles it's videogames

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjaWbXVxC8

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My sister thinks they're cute so I bought the John Wick funko pop along with the movies as a birthday present + I'm worried I won't get into heaven with my funko stained soul

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From what I can tell, the main appeal of Funkopops is that they make them for EVERYTHING and often if you like a specific obscure thing or character, it's the only March that exists of it or at least the only mercy that's a reasonable price. I have two and one I have because it's somehow the least poo poo figure I've seen of that character and the other because it's the cheapest figure I've seen (also that one is mostly hidden in a mech and the mech itself just looks like it's supposed to). I also think that for most people, once they have a few for the reasons above, it becomes easier to justify getting more because now they have other things to go with.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I beat A Link Between Worlds and now I'm really sad it's over, because it was a good game from start to finish, and I can't even hate the weird stuff like octorok baseball.

Now I just have Triforce Heroes and Breath of the Wild to get through and I will have played all of the Zelda.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finally, a franchise worth celebrating.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

giant pit in the desert full of funko pops

finally they can be next to their brethren, ET

nah i'm sure the hosed up the et funkopop, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gently caress yes.

• Locked thread