Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
maybe its because i wasn't at all invested in the show but i thought principal and the pauper was great. i was definitely surprised by it because they hadn't really done anything like that before and when i saw how many ppl were angry about it i wasn't really surprised but the episode itself was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Lisa The Vegetarian is a oval office who ruined the barbecue

and it was one of the first random celebrity just being a celebrity guest stars. why the heck is Paul McCartney at the Kwik-E-Mart

people just give it a pass because it's ~~The Beatles~~

That episode was worth it just for the thought bubble of the hotdog being made.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I just remembered reading contemporary simpsons episode reviews and seeing someone give Deep Space Homer a C+

They just could not get over them giving James Taylor a hackneyed cameo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
whereas now it would be a James Taylor/Taylor Swift crossover episode

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mozi posted:

whereas now it would be a James Taylor/Taylor Swift crossover episode

Taylor Swift would be the astronaut flying the ship

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Not a Children posted:

I just remembered reading contemporary simpsons episode reviews and seeing someone give Deep Space Homer a C+

They just could not get over them giving James Taylor a hackneyed cameo

It's amazing they got former president James Taylor to do a cameo.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DrPlump posted:

When Homer raped that girl.

The episode titled Mr.Plow sure took a dark turn

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Principal And The Pauper is itself a good episode and a hilarious parody of cartoon continuity

it just gets a bad rep for all the continuity resets that came after it that were not funny

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The episode where Bart is in a tree for or whatever and gets in a water fight with Nelson. That was when they switched to offshore animation and it's so lifeless. The balloons were totally lifeless. They just looked like huge green grapes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My sister the sitter is hilarious. Bart being the father of all jackasses to rile up Lisa was great.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Lisa The Vegetarian is a oval office who ruined the barbecue

and it was one of the first random celebrity just being a celebrity guest stars. why the heck is Paul McCartney at the Kwik-E-Mart

people just give it a pass because it's ~~The Beatles~~

I said the same thing earlier in the thread. Paul and Linda McCartney were just chilling on the rooftop of the Kwik-E-Mart... why? Because Lisa needed her lovely newfound opinion to be validated by a vegetarian celebrity. It may have been the very first "WOW, IT'S [CELEBRITY CALLED OUT BY FULL NAME]! MAYBE THEY CAN HELP!" moment that started it all.

At least with the other two Beatles, their appearances had an actual purpose, and who doesn't love seeing George Harrison with a brownie?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
The best part of Lisa the Vegetarian is when she finds out Apu is a vegan. Ooh! Cheese! :(

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lisa the vegetarian is a good episode full of good jokes

"out of the way, you"
"why does it talk like a lamb?"
"you don't win friends with salad"
"it's just a little airborne, it's still good"
"will you be writing that check now sir?"
"I'm sergeant pepper's lonely hearts club man, I hope I will enjoy my show"

gently caress the haters

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Principal and the pauper is great and Skinner is the kind of character that makes it a feasible situation

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Skinner was much better when he was riddled with PTSD over really minor things (like not being able to recreate the soup he was fed in the POW camp) and had a kind of Norman Bates thing going on with his mother rather than just a pointless wet blanket guy.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Hrist posted:

Top few hundred to avoid: All the Lisa episodes

Nope, Lisa's rival, Lisa vs Malibu Stacey, Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa's Wedding, Lisa the Iconoclast and the Secret War of Lisa Simpson are all class.

E; forgot Lisa's Substitute.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Quote-Unquote posted:

"I'm sergeant pepper's lonely hearts club man, I hope I will enjoy my show"

I'll admit, this is great. The rest of the episode isn't.

Guess I'm hosed.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I never got what Apu was saying til now

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Youtube linked me to this and I liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2i5HMUc1A

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That's actually the only way I sing sgt.peppers now. And the fact they really added that back track in forms ripping lentil soup on the credits was great

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

EnvyJ posted:

Principal and the pauper is great and Skinner is the kind of character that makes it a feasible situation

Can I see your copy of Swank?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Skinner was much better when he was riddled with PTSD over really minor things (like not being able to recreate the soup he was fed in the POW camp) and had a kind of Norman Bates thing going on with his mother rather than just a pointless wet blanket guy.

Same. I loved crazy Vietnam War Skinner. But if the writers wanted to keep that, they would have had to age the characters or stick to one time period for the story to be in.

I mean, how many different 'origin' stories are there for Marge and Homer getting married?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

maybe its because i wasn't at all invested in the show but i thought principal and the pauper was great. i was definitely surprised by it because they hadn't really done anything like that before and when i saw how many ppl were angry about it i wasn't really surprised but the episode itself was funny

Yea, people retroactively hate it because it's the moment you can point to and go "Bad Simpsons starts from here!" but the episode itself is loving hilarious.

Martin Sheen does a terrific celebrity cameo as the real Skinner, who doesn't put up with his mom's bullshit, and it's the good kind of cameo, not the "HEY IT'S MARTIN SHEEN!" kind of cameo.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't really know how the movie elevated the franchise all that much as the graph indicates.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Nonviolent J posted:

The one where homer loses his job and his DTs get so bad he sucks moes dick for beer

Tell me this is real

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bob NewSCART posted:

Tell me this is real

it's real.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
LOL, whoever took the time to make this is a loving weirdo.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't really know how the movie elevated the franchise all that much as the graph indicates.

The yellow line is the neilsen ratings based on # of million viewers. The movie point is roughly the # of people who saw it in the USA opening weekend = its equivalent neilsen rating.
The movie came out between s18 and 19 which was a flatline for its tv ratings.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The movie was bad, I don't understand how people can consider it good

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Iron Crowned posted:

The movie was bad, I don't understand how people can consider it good

You got to see Barts dick

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wizard Master posted:

You got to see Barts dick

I never asked for it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the only thing I remember about the movie other than it being a long version of the many episodes where marge almost leaves homer was one kid out of a group of probably middle school aged children near where I was sitting in the theater who was so stoked about Bart's dick and wouldn't stop loudly talking about it even after it happened. That kid really liked that dick

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I mean really, what normal person wakes up and says "boy, what I really want to see today is the dick of a cartoon 12 year old!"

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Aesop Poprock posted:

the only thing I remember about the movie other than it being a long version of the many episodes where marge almost leaves homer was one kid out of a group of probably middle school aged children near where I was sitting in the theater who was so stoked about Bart's dick and wouldn't stop loudly talking about it even after it happened. That kid really liked that dick

Irradiation fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 18, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Like that but if Milhouse was doing it by himself and it was to Bart's penis

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The fact there's an episode called "Flaming Moe" and it's not the episode about the drink is kinda makes my head hurt. The show's been around long enough that they're making pop culture references to their own writing from 20 years earlier like it's not from the same show..

And yes it's an episode about Moe pretending to be gay, because he's renovated the bar, though it's with Smithers this time not one of the times he does it with Marge.

Holy crap, "Flaming Moe's" (s03e10) and 19 seasons later, "Flaming Moe" (s22e11), and then there's another 6 seasons and you're at today. Where regular episodes are halloween stories and halloween episodes are movie parodies.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Wait, do they actually go to an alien planet?

Also, lol at all of the hackneyed plots they joked about having becoming reality.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Oh yeah, I've seen bits of it on youtube, they go to Kodos and Kang's home planet and they're in a zoo and them something stupid happens and they're going to eat homer but he escapes and leaves his family then comes back because he feels bag and they decide to eat all of them and they die because of all the nasty chemicals in the simpsons diet and also all the colestoral in Homer's rear end. or something, I've taken to watching random clip compilations on youtube of simpsons and other lovely cartoons I don't wanna watch the full episode of but still wanna see how they're doing.

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcY2ERwmaU

they make out like this is some big gimmicky thing but god dammit the earlier seasons of simpsons were animated this well. It's just so stiff now, everyone just stands there and blinks like on family guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Did Bart really get a bear? I thought that was the only one they never did.