Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Funky Valentine posted:

Does the 100 Acre Wood count?

I knew I was forgetting one. That's eight. So I'm gonna guess 6 or 7 plus like Daybreak Town, Twilight Town, Traverse Town, World that Never Was. Should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm pretty sure we're gonna see Keyblade Graveyard again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which one should I play first, BBS or Re: Coded?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bizarre deformity posted:

I knew I was forgetting one. That's eight. So I'm gonna guess 6 or 7 plus like Daybreak Town, Twilight Town, Traverse Town, World that Never Was. Should be good.

- Hercules
- Tangled
- Big Hero 6
- Toy Story

So we've seen about half of the total Disney worlds. Agrabah and Halloween Town may come back just for tradition's sake.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

bbs is a good game and you should play it

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Funky Valentine posted:

- Hercules
- Tangled
- Big Hero 6
- Toy Story

So we've seen about half of the total Disney worlds. Agrabah and Halloween Town may come back just for tradition's sake.

I don't remember if some combination of Star Wars, Frozen, and Wreck-It Ralph were confirmed or just concept art for another game, but there might be those as well.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

None of those are confirmed. Star Wars was concept art for some weirdo canceled mobile game.

Frozen is probably a given though since it prints money and they can have a snow level to show off the graphics

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Funky Valentine posted:

- Hercules
- Tangled
- Big Hero 6
- Toy Story

If loving Agrabah is in this game then I'm never touching this series again.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Also the article says there will be less total Disney worlds than KHII but they will be denser. I am down with that.

Wait, KHII only had seven or eight Disney worlds, right? Land of Dragons, Beast's Castle, Olympus, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Pirates and Lion King, right?

There's Disney Castle/Timeless River and Tron as well.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Momomo posted:

If loving Agrabah is in this game then I'm never touching this series again.

But they still have the third movie to adapt

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Also the article says there will be less total Disney worlds than KHII but they will be denser. I am down with that.

Wait, KHII only had seven or eight Disney worlds, right? Land of Dragons, Beast's Castle, Olympus, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Pirates and Lion King, right?

you know what always confused me about kingdom hearts 2 is why would you bring back atlantica, the most reviled of areas in kh1

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Nomura really wanted mermaids in musicals.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Sakurazuka posted:

Story wise, BBS should probably be first but it largely doesn't matter.

Gameplay wise, BBS is overall the better game. BBS has jank command melding, bosses that are cool ideas but don't have much interactivity, and post-game bosses that are all giant unfun pains. Re:coded is 20% of all that from BBS but worse, aside from Command melding which is actually really good. The other 80% of Re:coded is completely random bullshit that is nothing like the normal gameplay and is always very long and very bad.

Having gone from Re:coded -> BBS in replays recently myself, I think it's an easier pill to swallow that way, but that's on you.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nomura couldn't make FFXV a musical so he'll be back with vengeance for Atlantica 3

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

you know what always confused me about kingdom hearts 2 is why would you bring back atlantica, the most reviled of areas in kh1

that's probably why they made it a song fest as opposed to making you fight anything there.

I didn't hate it in KH1 nearly as much as Monstro though. Monstro was just tedious.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scrap Dragon posted:

There's Disney Castle/Timeless River and Tron as well.

Oh yeah, that's ten. So maybe there will be 8? I wouldn't be surprised if what we've seen is half, add in Agrabah, Halloween Town & Frozen. What should the eighth be? New Orleans? Beast's Castle? Monstro?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Oh yeah, that's ten. So maybe there will be 8? I wouldn't be surprised if what we've seen is half, add in Agrabah, Halloween Town & Frozen. What should the eighth be? New Orleans? Beast's Castle? Monstro?

Moana's world please.

Is Frozen confirmed? I really don't want Frozen but I know they are gonna put Frozen in

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I wouldn't object to a Rescue Rangers or Ducktales world either. They were sidecharacters in all the games so far, it's time to give them some spotlight

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rescue rangers world where everything is a side-scroller and you hit boxes with your keyblade to throw them at enemies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

Moana's world please.

Is Frozen confirmed? I really don't want Frozen but I know they are gonna put Frozen in

Frozen is not confirmed but Frozen is loving in the game it's not even a question.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I want them to keep those characters' origin ambiguous as not to favor either the cartoons or comics. Esp since Mickey, Donald and Goofy exist in a totally KH-exclusive bubble. If anything I'd prefer a classic cartoons world as continuation to Timeless River rather than something contemporary and only well known in some parts of the world

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nina posted:

I want them to keep those characters' origin ambiguous as not to favor either the cartoons or comics.

idk i would dig a winnie-the-pooh world where pooh is an unapologetic, nihilistic bastard who constantly clowns on everyone with his dour poo poo talking

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scrooge McDuck sidequest which implicity confirms Life and Times to have happened and rewards you with a Scrooge summon that insta kills everything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Sora just yells Hey Scrooge your momma sucks cocks in hell and Scrooge just drops a riverboat on everybody

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Scrooge McDuck is a summon that is functionally identical to FFX's Yojimbo; his attacks are based on how much munny you pay him.

That pool of money doesn't fill itself.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They're also probably going to release DLC worlds later, because that's just what happens now. The base game may have less worlds, but it might eventually have the greatest amount of worlds.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Coughing Hobo posted:

Scrooge McDuck is a summon that is functionally identical to FFX's Yojimbo; his attacks are based on how much munny you pay him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

Just play BBS first, since re:coded came out later anyways. Personally, I prefer re:coded's combat over bbs's but they have the same foundation relatively.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ImpAtom posted:

Frozen is not confirmed but Frozen is loving in the game it's not even a question.

There won't be a Frozen world because Elsa is also a Xehanort

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I don't care which disney movies they put in, I have faith at this point that they'll at least pick fun ones, what I really want is to see Max Son of Goofy in kingdom hearts someday

hell give me a team of roxas, max and pete jr and we can forget about xehanort & go win us some X GAAAAMES

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It's either a Frozen world or an Elsa-as-Shiva summon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nina posted:

Guys what if Toy Story Sora is just his toy come to life and he thinks his backstory is real like Buzz

Then the real Sora comes along and they fight in front of those cardboard cutouts advertising KHIII.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The boss of the Toy Story world is gonna be Toy Sora after that terrible kid from the first Toy Story fuses him with Toy Xehanort.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just want the three caballeros as party members. Is that much to ask?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I want to see Wreck It Ralph's arcade replace 100 Acre Woods as the mini game world. Stick Sora in a bunch of retro style arcade games and maybe squeeze in some FF1 cameos.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Coughing Hobo posted:

Actually, Scrooge's Money Bin is filled with all the money that he personally earned over his travels.
:goonsay:

Calaveron posted:

Sora just yells Hey Scrooge your momma sucks cocks in hell and Scrooge just drops a riverboat on everybody

Tag your spoilers.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

J-Spot posted:

I want to see Wreck It Ralph's arcade replace 100 Acre Woods as the mini game world. Stick Sora in a bunch of retro style arcade games and maybe squeeze in some FF1 cameos.

Holy poo poo yes

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Uh no I don't want that at all actually. Put in Wreck It Ralph, sure, but don't replace the Hundred-Acre Woods.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Do worse, make Wreck-It Ralph the purely mini-games world and turn 100 Acre Woods where you actually fight Heartless.

Eeyore is clearly prime Xehanort material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
At least you recognize that that's a bad idea.