Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"This is a four-generation purebred Valaryian Teacup Snapping Drake. I have his papers right here from the Westerosi Kennel Club."

*in the cage a misshapen creature lays on its side struggling to breath.*

What I'm saying is adopt, don't shop for your dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The Dragons should be nearly invincible because I don't see artillery on Euron's ship. I can see the Night King killing one of them.

Whoever said "or else they'd still be around" well, the Dragons died out before from magic fading and also being kept in a tiny cell so that they were the size of dogs. These are not those dragons.
whatever kills the first dragon (night king spell probably) should be usable to kill the other dragons, all humans, etc

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I mean i doubt the night king can just fire off magic missiles ice lances rapid fire. He can kill a dragon and then if they just go melt him they should be good.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

"This is a four-generation purebred Valaryian Teacup Snapping Drake. I have his papers right here from the Westerosi Kennel Club."

*in the cage a misshapen creature lays on its side struggling to breath.*

What I'm saying is adopt, don't shop for your dragons.

This is essentially the plot of Guards! Guards! (Discworld)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Could he defeat the batman?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

mastershakeman posted:

whatever kills the first dragon (night king spell probably) should be usable to kill the other dragons, all humans, etc

He'll have to sacrifice Craster's sons for it, and then he'll be out of Craster's sons.

Making Little Sam the lynchpin of the Night King's plan.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
"Knowing" where this season ends up... is there any chance Dany goes Targaryen crazy and ends up just loving off and killing everyone anyway? Pincering the remaining Westerosi between her dragons and the Night King.

Would be cool imo

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
What if the night king were to zombify Ramsay's twenty good men?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Omnikin posted:

"Knowing" where this season ends up... is there any chance Dany goes Targaryen crazy and ends up just loving off and killing everyone anyway? Pincering the remaining Westerosi between her dragons and the Night King.

Would be cool imo

I will be super disappointed if Dany isn't full on insane next book

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't want Dany to go crazy. We already have a mad queen.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dany is not going to go insane.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Dany is not going to go insane.

Because she is already insane.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
she's not insane, she's just a terrible leader who believes in her divine right to rule and lucked into dragons which confirms her worldview

Euron is the sole person deserving of rule in both the books and show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

At this point I'm looking forward to the spin off/s, the first of which will certainly be the Dunk and Egg Adventures, because it would be a return to No Magic and it sounds like no one involved in this series will be working on it

They have five potential spinoffs in the works, and none of them are Dunk and Egg.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The books also believe in the divine right of kings, and in the nobility.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
seriously remember the bit where Janos Slynt is an rear end in a top hat because he's a low-born guy who got elevated "above his station"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He was an rear end in a top hat because he betrayed his fellow commoners by selling out to the nobility hth

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Also any of Jon Sansa Tyrion and dany will likely make good rulers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
remember how a recurring thing about Tyrion is that the dumb commoners despise him even though as a wise nobleman he has their best interests at heart, but they're too stupid to realize it

reactionary stuff

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The only organized proletariat movement in the show is a bunch of really ignorant, regressive, homophobic religious nuts.

dammit Feels Villeneuve, ur making me :thunk: here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Dany and Jon have both been shown to be idiot bad terrible rulers

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The only organized proletariat movement in the show is a bunch of really ignorant, regressive, homophobic religious nuts.

dammit Feels Villeneuve, ur making me :thunk: here

Nah that wasn't prole enough

Wights are the proletariat. White Walkers are the vanguard party

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm voting Night's King

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the top 1% of people who are currently alive taking up the resources that should rightfully go to the 99% who are dead

:bern101:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
FADE IN: DUNGEON, THE TWINS

LORD JON UMBER: Hey, did you just hear that? It sounded like people wailing or something.

HIGH LORD EDMURE TULLY: *shrugs*

FADE OUT

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

You'd think after two weeks of pretending to be Walder Frey, and whatever time it took to infil and bake her pies beforehand, Arya might have learned her uncle nuncle is in the dungeon.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lyanna Mormont, the Queen in the North !

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

mllaneza posted:

Lyanna Mormont, the Queen in the North !

Given that Jorah is still alive and that Dany obviously has given him an amnesty for his slave trading, she is not even the Lady of Bear Isles.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

esperterra posted:

You'd think after two weeks of pretending to be Walder Frey, and whatever time it took to infil and bake her pies beforehand, Arya might have learned her uncle nuncle is in the dungeon.

Poor Edmure. Yelled at undeservedly by one Stark, abandoned by another.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that Jorah is still alive and that Dany obviously has given him an amnesty for his slave trading, she is not even the Lady of Bear Isles.

Yeah he's not gonna get to rule looking like The THing locked away in the Citadel's VD clinic tho.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yeah he's not gonna get to rule looking like The THing locked away in the Citadel's VD clinic tho.

Sam will cure him next episode, no biggi.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Who recognized the pardon

Nobody in power? Oh right more dumb fan stuff

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Sam will cure him next episode, no biggi.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
There's always dragonglass in the banana stand.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't it a widely known fact that Dragonstones like only export is dragonglass

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I hope when Voldemort casts bufu there is a little chime and maybe he spins in a circle and strikes a pose.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Who recognized the pardon

Nobody in power? Oh right more dumb fan stuff

The Dany/Jon/Tyrion faction almost certainly be in power at the end of the story, so his pardon will be official.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If the maesters want to remove magic from the world, shouldn't Sam's archmaester be all for a genocide against the inherently magic ice people?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

If the maesters want to remove magic from the world, shouldn't Sam's archmaester be all for a genocide against the inherently magic ice people?

Union rules bro. Sam will get to see the books when it's his turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The "maesters hate magic" plot is probably book exclusive.

• Locked thread