Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We sold out before I could read it so I figured it was kiddie bullshit like those new Harvey comics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark Days: The Casting panel by John Romita Jr.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not Batman, is sitting.

Or pinching a loaf, not really sure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Been skipping leg day too much.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Even his kneepads have batwings on them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

*ahem* They're bat ears on the kneepads.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

*ahem* They're bat ears on the kneepads.

Oh is this one of those things where every time you look at it there's some new terrible element you missed before?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Oh is this one of those things where every time you look at it there's some new terrible element you missed before?

You mean kind of how it looks like Bat's wrists are connected to his biceps?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's had his head on his knees for years, fellas.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's had his head on his knees for years, fellas.

Yeah, this isn't new at all.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing phallic about the placement of that sword at all...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah I meant to say bat ears. Cowl-thingies.

Is that meant to be his cape hanging out all asymmetrical back there? Why is a sword stabbed into the side of the tiny column. There's just too much to unpack.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 13, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why are his legs wrapped around the green thing like that? Is he trying to go through it crotch-first?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Why are his legs wrapped around the green thing like that? Is he trying to go through it crotch-first?

It's a space rollercoaster and the safety bar impaled his right leg. All in all this carnival was a disappointment, Alfred.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's the one asked GL to come up with a bat-sex-swing...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also the sword is just kind of... in the pillar. He didn't even draw a slight squiggle to show it being buried in stone, there's just a straight line halfway down the blade that doesn't line up with anything.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Someone skipped leg day!... But only on the right side. Or maybe his hobby is blacksmithing with his left leg.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Really though, why is he on a Green Lantern roller coaster? What is going on??

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Please tell me that panel is postage stamp sized?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Norns posted:

Judging by the caption boxes, it's certainly not very big.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Norns posted:

Hardly.

Wendell posted:

Really though, why is he on a Green Lantern roller coaster? What is going on??

Well, you see, Batman built a machine to produce clones in the event that he died, then he did die, but landed in a pool of mysterious liquid metal that seeped into his brain and brought him back with amnesia, then used the clone machine to reimplant his memories, then he found out that this liquid metal came from the dark multiverse so he gathers a pile of items made of metal and godly power from the dcu (including that sword from one of Wonder Woman's Olympus pals) and places them around the machine to go magic with the metal that's holding his skull together and zap him there or something, but oh no The Joker smashed the machine, but thats okay since we found out that metahumans are really meta(l)humans and every naturally born superhero has this kooky metal impurity in their blood which makes them super, and Batman's new teen helper, Duke (not a Robin now, but had led a teen street gang of unofficial robins) finds out he is one and suddenly sees the smashed up machine as whole in some light hologram in his new power vision and Hal Jordan makes him a duplicate ring so Duke can remake the machine out of GL light, and that's Batman using it.

Clear?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 13, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hardly.

Well, you see, Batman built a machine to produce clones in the event that he died, then he did die, but landed in a pool of mysterious liquid metal that seeped into his brain and brought him back with amnesia, then used the clone machine to reimplant his memories, then he found out that this liquid metal came from the dark multiverse so he gathers a pile of items made of metal and godly power from the dcu (including that sword from one of Wonder Woman's Olympus pals) and places them around the machine to go magic with the metal that's holding his skull together and zap him there or something, but oh no The Joker smashed the machine, but thats okay since we found out that metahumans are really meta(l)humans and every naturally born superhero has this kooky metal impurity in their blood which makes them super, and Batman's new teen helper, Duke (not a Robin now, but had led a teen street gang of unofficial robins) finds out he is one and suddenly sees the smashed up machine as whole in some light hologram in his new power vision and Hal Jordan makes him a duplicate ring so Duke can remake the machine out of GL light, and that's Batman using it.

Clear?

...is this related to Dr. Manhattan somehow?

Also lol meta(l)humans

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

RandallODim posted:

...is this related to Dr. Manhattan somehow?

Nah. This is all Snyder's. The only Watchmen stuff going on is a hooded figure and a blue outline man keeping Tim Drake, Ray Palmer and Doomsday in a secret prison.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 13, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nah. This is all Snyder's. The only Watchmen stuff going on is a hooded figure and a blue outline man keeping Tim Drake, Ray Palmer and Doomsday in a secret prison.

Oh really????? Hooded figure is going to be revealed as Jean Lorning giving the reason that she's doing all of this to bring super heroes closer together. And that mind wiping revealed Dr. Manhattan to have always been a villain!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

Oh really????? Hooded figure is going to be revealed as Jean Lorning giving the reason that she's doing all of this to bring super heroes closer together. And that mind wiping revealed Dr. Manhattan to have always been a villain!

That last one is probably going to be true, by the way. I'm still sure they're gonna do the thing where Jon and Adrian switched places at some point before Rebirth so the guy you're meant to THINK is Ozymandias is really Dr Manhattan and vice versa...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Gaz-L posted:

That last one is probably going to be true, by the way. I'm still sure they're gonna do the thing where Jon and Adrian switched places at some point before Rebirth so the guy you're meant to THINK is Ozymandias is really Dr Manhattan and vice versa...

Wait, what? How would that even make sense or work? One is a blue god, the other is a normal, if super trained, human. How would they even switch places and not have it be immediately obvious?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RandallODim posted:

Wait, what? How would that even make sense or work? One is a blue god, the other is a normal, if super trained, human. How would they even switch places and not have it be immediately obvious?
There's no reason Jon couldn't present himself as a physical duplicate of Adrian. I got the feeling he never stopped being a big blue naked guy because that was how he pulled his poo poo back together and it was functional enough. Had he put in the effort to not look like a freaky blue man with his :dong: out there, history would be much different.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

RandallODim posted:

It's cartoons

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Nessus posted:

There's no reason Jon couldn't present himself as a physical duplicate of Adrian. I got the feeling he never stopped being a big blue naked guy because that was how he pulled his poo poo back together and it was functional enough. Had he put in the effort to not look like a freaky blue man with his :dong: out there, history would be much different.

Well, yeah, clearly the person who can mold reality can do whatever. Is it just that, though, because switching places made me think Adrian was then in place of Manhattan too, which was my confusion. Though I really should just remember

wayfinder posted:

It's cartoons

and move on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's basically predicated on the meta-level that led to Hawk being Monarch instead of Captain Atom. They're only calling the one characters 'Mr Oz' which you're clearly meant to think is Ozymandias, but Jon Osterman could easily go by that alias as well. It's not a clever twist, but it's got that surface sheen of clever that DC could mistake for being brilliant. Like Johns sitting back smugly from his keyboard and nodding "They'll never guess this one!"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

And then everyone became zombies and tore eachothers arms off

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's some good JRJ

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how JRJR drew Venom in the Howard Mackie run; he made the symbiote costume really look like a living thing with all these snaking tendrils.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno if it's an issue of effort, age or evolving styles, but there are a lot of guys that used to be great who, imo, have gotten a lot worse. Deodato and Cassaday being the the two foremost examples to my mind.

I did like JRJR on that Cap in the Hell Dimension arc they did a couple of years ago. I'd like to see the original pencils on that Batman example posted earlier, that looks like it could be a failure on the inkers part (maybe JRJR does his own inks though, I don't know)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He did some of the best work of his career (imo) just last year.

The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Teenage Fansub posted:

He did some of the best work of his career (imo) just last year.

The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade

Now this is more like it, I just wish he could draw different faces or even a few different body types.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I have a Spider-man poster drawn by both Romitas together that I had laminated. It's one of my few overt nerd decorations and I love it. :unsmith:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I really dislike the way he draws faces that all look flat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Madkal posted:

I really dislike the way he draws faces that all look flat.

He tends to give everyone boxer noses and cro-magnon foreheads, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now this is more like it, I just wish he could draw different faces or even a few different body types.

Different body types? Does Stupid Sexy Abomination do anything for you?