Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Cody actually has a pretty good read on people. It's amazing then that he is so terrible at this game. Mostly because he's so obsessed with being the alpha rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Cody is a great villain and I can't wait for the battle back to be rigged for him!!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Those dastardly producers greased the stairs to injure Raven's foot before the wall comp!

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea, his exit interview was really good I thought.

If he could just take a moment to stop being ALPHA and use his reads to play the game he is a real force. If the house blows up over the next week and he comes back into a fragmented house.. LAWD

Turbl posted:

Cody is a great villain and I can't wait for the battle back to be rigged for him!!

It's going to be nothing but a shooting range with a M-16.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Mahoning posted:

Cody actually has a pretty good read on people. It's amazing then that he is so terrible at this game. Mostly because he's so obsessed with being the alpha rear end in a top hat.

You can tell he's gone through life with people saying "you're not...stupid" for like thirty years

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mahoning posted:

I mean, I could go on forever about why I don't think Cody can read anyone but ultimately it comes down to exactly what Julie said. He had zero social game and didn't consider anyone else to be playing the game besides Paul.

The funny thing is that he blames it all on the Pendant of Protection but there's no reason to believe that the house would have turned on Paul any more than they turned on Christmas.

But you can't be a great villain unless you truly, completely believe you're the hero and no one can tell you different.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Of course there's going to be a loving Battle Back.

Not that it comes as any sort of a shock, but still. Ugh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they're smart they target Jessica so the two of them can't be reunited.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
For being such an alpha, Cody sure does get emotional a lot

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All I hear are victim noises.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What's with those belts they're wearing around their stomachs? I've noticed them in multiple competitions. Are they all wearing them, some under their shirts?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wraps to hold the battery packs for their microphones in place and keep them dry.

Yeah, they're probably all wearing them but some might have more wrap than others or something. And its going to be more obvious on the smaller women even if its covered with a shirt. It looks like padding under some of their shirts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just rewatched the POV comp and I have 3 observations.

1) This comp remains pretty cool.

2) I'm genuinely surprised Ramses hasn't already been evicted just based on how annoying he comes off in this comp.

3) How the hell did Alex take 16 and half minutes when she skipped the food eating and maze stages of the comp? Did she just take 10 minutes to do the math problem? Did she pass out from the cold in the water? Did she just spend a ridiculous amount of time studying the terminals? I'm genuinely confused as to how that happened and wish BB had given a clue to it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dear thread that is only active on Thursdays,

Am I nuts or did Dom speak in tongues this episode?

Sincerely, Still Looking For Confirmation That 2017 is Real Life

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

STAC Goat posted:

It was tongues or Aramaic or something ridiculous. She is completely right about Paul and stuff, and also an insane person, much like Cody. It doesn't work out well.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

STAC Goat posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/opinion/sunday/luhrmann-why-we-talk-in-tongues.html

quote:

The Pew Research Center found that 18 percent of Americans spoke in tongues at least several times a year.
Suddenly, the 32% support for Donald Trump makes a lot more sense.

quote:

the Apostle Paul writes about them in his first letter to the Corinthians. Then, for the most part, tongues died out of Christian practice until Pentecostalism emerged ... most famously at a revival in Los Angeles
Apostle Paul the Tempter, back in LA at last.

On a way, way less creepy note, I pray (in English) that Production has the common sense to give Paul another Secret Service detail, or some acceptable variant, before he gets evicted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, on one hand I guess I get the concept of reciting some gibberish to clear your mind and meditate (as someone who has never been capable of meditating so I'm open to the idea that there might be some trick to getting my apparently "monkey mind" on that track).

But on the other hand the concept of making up a language like a pair of twin sisters to trick the Devil is way, way, way too out there for me to even risk getting close to on board.

So while that was an interesting article and I thank you for sharing I'm sticking with "I saw a BB player speaking in tongues and its loving surreal."

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's off-putting, which is why most of christianity doesn't do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In general, as a religious person, I always tend to think that when religions get weird like that its often either them kind of trying to get insular and set up a dick measuring contest of how religious you are (which is a definite vibe I get off Dom) or its people losing their foot in "this world" and focusing way too much on "the next one."

I like my religion to be mostly about helping people.

So if you think God spoke to you and told you to open a soup kitchen, that's pretty cool and I don't care if it was God telling you to do it or just your own personal sense of charity. But if you're saying God told you who your enemy is in Big Brother then you've probably got a really self absorbed sense of what God gives a poo poo about.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Of course but that is exactly why they picked her for the season. She was chill until she started cracking and the religious talk ramped up 1000%.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
*Downloading ChenBot casual outfit*

*Engage*

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB19 is way too messy and dumb to warrant a Julie Chen fabulous dress. Whatever loony comes out of the house gets Weekend Julie.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
How does Jessica get the temptation?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This COULD get interesting? What about the Battle Back if she halts the eviction?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not surprised that jess has a lot of fans out there. They probably just couldn't beat out the Christmas and Paul fans first.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
e: in not sure what is spoiler and what is not so ignore mw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bloops Crusts posted:

How does Jessica get the temptation?

There's this huge contingent of online BB fans who basically hate the show, think everything is rigged, think they've handpicked Paul as the winner and everyone else is a plant, and believe Cody and Jess were just the innocent victims of rigging and did nothing wrong. They mad a big push to get Jessica the Hex and probably cared more than casuals and stuffed the ballots.

I sort of hate it because Jessica has played a terrible game and been nothing but a mean girl and now she'll forever feel vindicated. But it wasn't super unexpected and at least she'll probably have a reason to use it and make things interesting.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

BIG UPS TO JESUS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She like abandoned the rhyming scheme halfway through. F for effort.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ramses has been invisible all week and then screws up the his one line.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's good Dom hugged Mark. Otherwise he might have cried a whole hell of a lot.

Or gotten really mad.

One of those things. Those are his moves.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Did they get rid of the goodbye messages from the other house guests this year?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"People were afraid to talk to me."

Maybe, cause you were freaking them the gently caress out talking to God in tongues all day?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah there's no way the battleback isn't a bench pressing competition or something Cody won't win. Then he and Jessica will have 3 weeks to cancel out an eviction. The two people I don't want winning are getting tons of help between this and Paul's immunity.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Probably because of the battle back. Don't want any house guests to get a clue of what happened in the house to take back with them if they win the bb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, even though I'm theoretically fine with the lowest person in the house getting the super power to make things interesting, it's gonna be really lame if Cody comes back and it's just a big gift basket of help to a lovely player.

But que sera sera.

Mahoning posted:

They've been recording them so it's probably just a time crunch. These episodes have been pretty packed with meaningful stuff and not much fluff. It took them until yesterday to introduce us to Raven and her diseases.

Edit: ∆∆∆ or yeah, the Battle Back maybe. That makes sense. But they have been recording them so I dunno.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If Cody comes back in and manages to take out Paul it would be worth it. Although poo poo would be way more boring without him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who the hell does Jillian think backstabbed her after telling her she'd get votes for her?

Mahoning posted:

If Cody comes back in and manages to take out Paul it would be worth it. Although poo poo would be way more boring without him.

That's my issue. I'm all for taking out Paul but trading him for Cody makes the game and feeds way less interesting.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Dom or Cameron going back in would be most interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cameron going in would be funny for a second but oof.

• Locked thread