Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

ChocNitty posted:

My recent purchase:

Back when I worked in a memory care facility I would carry around a handful of these in my pocket, and give them out to the old folks whenever they were starting to get upset.

Bumblefuck! posted:

Pre-ordered it as a birthday present to myself, and it finally arrived

Hey, it's my favorite movie. I didn't know they were re-releasing that. Is it worth the money if I already have the old version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought these at goodwill, Nike SB "Tecate." Got em for $12, and they retailed for $250. Already up for sale on eBay lol

I'm by no means a sneaker head and am happy to wear navy blue adidas campus every day for the rest of my miserable life but those kicks are sick af

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

Hey, it's my favorite movie. I didn't know they were re-releasing that. Is it worth the money if I already have the old version?

I'd say yes. It's a new 2k restoration with an uncompressed mono soundtrack, and $23 on amazon is not bad at all for a Criterion blu ray.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Tickets to see The Melvin in November :black101:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Megabound posted:

Tickets to see The Melvin in November :black101:

Tickets to see MST3K live!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

On Prime day I got a couple pairs of Levi's 559.

Today I bought my brother a Kingston HyperX Cloud II gaming headset as a going away/housewarming gift so we can play more games together now that he lives a few hours away.

Today I also bought a bunch of hard candy in my search for something to satisfy my oral fixation now that I've finally quit smoking. Cavendash & Harvey drops (Mixed Fruit, Wild Berry, Sour Cherry, and Pear & Blackberry), Reed's Butterscotch, and those green and white key lime discs that Mexican restaurants have.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Nephzinho posted:

It was great, until it stopped working for Synology.

Huh... I've got the latest DSM on my 1517+, and it's working fine for me... That level of support is worrisome though.

betterinsodapop posted:

Content:

It's a replacement nut for a guitar. Cost all of $12.
Nice! I just upgraded my nut, saddle, and bridge pins to bone from Bob Colosi and it's awesome, made a huge difference. Are you going to install this nut yourself, or take it into a luthier?

For content, bought a Washburn Mini travel guitar to take on backpacking trips and on vacation!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bumblefuck! posted:

Pre-ordered it as a birthday present to myself, and it finally arrived

I really tried to like that movie, but it was just too Russian to deal with. It is stunning on a big screen though.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Got some jeans on sale. $35 for two pairs, including shipping and tax.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lawen posted:

Today I bought my brother a Kingston HyperX Cloud II gaming headset as a going away/housewarming gift so we can play more games together now that he lives a few hours away.

I love this headset, solid sound quality and insanely comfortable for even long listening or chatting sessions.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AYL Bluetooth Headphones V4.1 Wireless Sport Stereo In-Ear Noise Cancelling Sweatproof Headset with APT-X/Mic for Smartphones

Nekteck 20W Solar Panel Charger with 2-Port USB Charger Build with High efficiency Solar Panel

PowerCore 26800mAh Portable Charger

drat that Amazon Prime Day...

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Finally bought a suit and a new pair of fancy slacks (and a garment bag for travel) because it's time to whore myself out and beg for a job. Still need to buy another dress shirt, dress shoes, and a couple of ties.

Plane ticket to go to a conference where said job begging will happen. Satellites and space are cool, yo

And of course I couldn't resist the prime day sale

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Canon MG6320 printer (although the control panel looks different from the picture)

My last printer - Canon iP4920 - died with an unrecoverable error after five years of use. I chose this one as a replacement since it can print directly onto optical media (for which I still have a need for).

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hit the Gander Mountain liquidation sale and picked up some thermal henleys and a couple of fleeces because I'm off to the southern ocean next week.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

New spare tire

G-SHOCK GA710-1A

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nice! I just upgraded my nut, saddle, and bridge pins to bone from Bob Colosi and it's awesome, made a huge difference. Are you going to install this nut yourself, or take it into a luthier?
Gonna do it myself tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck.

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry

betterinsodapop posted:

I'm sure you're already aware, but this will change your action and intonation and is not as simple as just swapping parts.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

New spare tire

G-SHOCK GA710-1A

Pretty sure that's the most hideous watch I ever seent

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Citizen Navihawk AT to go with my my other Citizens. I greatly dislike having to put batteries in my watches so Eco-Drive is awesome. This one is a bit larger than any of my other ones but it's pretty dang sweet.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Koomus Pro CD Slot Magnet Mount for my phone. I could never find a good place to mount my phone in my car so this should solve that problem.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wonder if it's possible to cram any more numbers and gauges and markings into that watch. Jesus Christ.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RCarr posted:

I wonder if it's possible to cram any more numbers and gauges and markings into that watch. Jesus Christ.

You could mark the hours, I guess.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

prom candy posted:

Koomus Pro CD Slot Magnet Mount for my phone. I could never find a good place to mount my phone in my car so this should solve that problem.

I tried a similar design and found it way too flimsy. I ended up taking a phone holder intended to clip to a fan vent, which actually fit more securely into the CD slot than the one intended to go there did, and JB Welding it into the CD slot. I never would have used the CD player anyway, so no loss there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

You could mark the hours, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZkuKkPQjbQ&t=73s

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

:homebrew:

yellowD has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Jul 23, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Fayez Butts posted:

Pretty sure that's the most hideous watch I ever seent

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Hello, the exact setup of seemingly every crit racer and wealthy older person in my city.

(I want a stages though)

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

betterinsodapop posted:

What guitar you doing this on? I think it's a lot easier on certain electrics, but I didn't even try the nut on my acoustic, I took that into a luthier. Saddle and bridge pins just took a few hours of careful sanding and fitting and was easy enough to DIY. Are you going to be using titebond or hide glue?

For content, bought some tickets for the Durango to Silverton train ride for our trip to Colorado here in a few weeks!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Toast Museum posted:

I tried a similar design and found it way too flimsy. I ended up taking a phone holder intended to clip to a fan vent, which actually fit more securely into the CD slot than the one intended to go there did, and JB Welding it into the CD slot. I never would have used the CD player anyway, so no loss there.

The reviews on amazon for this one said it's pretty solid feeling, we'll see though. Probably depends somewhat on the CD player too.

I asked my coworker to navigate to a meeting the other day while I drove and she actually wrote directions down. On paper. That's when I knew I needed to get a decent phone mount.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Goddamn, nice set-up. Also goddamn, that's probably $10k worth of gear here in Australia.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

strangemusic posted:

Hello, the exact setup of seemingly every crit racer and wealthy older person in my city.

(I want a stages though)

HairyNipple! posted:

Goddamn, nice set-up. Also goddamn, that's probably $10k worth of gear here in Australia.

Ha the dentists here are all on Dogmas.

I'd been saving and planning this one for a couple years now. It's scary fast, and climbs so very well.

It's close to 10k in gear in the US, but got a pretty significant discount through my local shop. We did a bottom bracket conversion too. Took out the PF30 and Rotor crank and added the Enduro adapter and Ultegra to add the Stages.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

+

+ from my trip to Seattle last week

Ive contracted some kind of nasty cold (read: death plague) and cant taste a whole lot, but thats not stopping me from enjoying this fancy rear end cappuccino i just made.

Oh hey i missed shoe chat.
I've wanted a pair of these since the video for Estranged came out in 6th or 7th grade, and would probably do some pretty shameless stuff for them:

Queen-Of-Hearts has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Jul 23, 2017

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

OSU_Matthew posted:

For content, bought some tickets for the Durango to Silverton train ride for our trip to Colorado here in a few weeks!

Let us know how your trip to Westworld went.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Delica 4

Surprisingly lightweight.

I like citrusy IPAs in the summer time :shrug:

white sauce has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Jul 23, 2017

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Habanero sculpin is based sculpin!

Not pictured:

Tour shirts and posters from Gorillaz Humanz tour, Queen + Adam Lambert, and Roger Waters Us + Them tour.

Roger Waters for God Emperor.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

logical fallacy posted:

I'm sure you're already aware, but this will change your action and intonation and is not as simple as just swapping parts.
Even changing string gauge on a strat is a huge undertaking. I gotta deck this tremolo ASAP. Makes me miss playing my Gibson. Much less complicated bridge.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

white sauce posted:

Delica 4

Best pocket knife ever. Much more reliable than the Benchmade mini grip, my previous favorite.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

white sauce posted:

Delica 4

The pineapple one was tasty but didn't really remind me of pineapple.

I bought 18 Red's ciders because the box was damaged and 50% off. Turns out it's apple, raspberry, peach and blueberry. They're all good but the blue is REALLY good.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

white sauce posted:

Delica 4

Nice! Grapefruit beers are my absolute favorite in the sometime. I dislike grapefruits by themselves, but there's something magical that happens when it's paired with beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This is very sexy. Do you happen to have a link?