Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GI_Clutch posted:

If the eShop still gives anyone issues, you can buy it from the store here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/splatoon-2-switch

It started downloading on my Switch within a few seconds of completing the purchase.

This worked fine for me. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Done downloadin! I'm gonna splat some fools :neckbeard:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

GI_Clutch posted:

If the eShop still gives anyone issues, you can buy it from the store here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/splatoon-2-switch

It started downloading on my Switch within a few seconds of completing the purchase.

This got me a credit card charge with no download in sight. Which is more than I got from the eShop, so thanks for the link! Maybe if I fall asleep it’ll be waiting for me when I wake up?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

pokeyman posted:

This got me a credit card charge with no download in sight. Which is more than I got from the eShop, so thanks for the link! Maybe if I fall asleep it’ll be waiting for me when I wake up?

That actually happened to me on the eshop on the switch. You just go in again and instead of running your card you spend the balance on the game. It takes a few tries, but I finally got in and started downloading it... just in time to pick up my wife from the airport. :doh:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

GI_Clutch posted:

On one hand, this worked and I deeply appreciate you.

On the other, the download says it will take just under 18 hours.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

That actually happened to me on the eshop on the switch. You just go in again and instead of running your card you spend the balance on the game. It takes a few tries, but I finally got in and started downloading it... just in time to pick up my wife from the airport. :doh:

The same thing happened to me. Except for having a wife at the airport.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm watching a japanese guy stream this and I have no idea what's going on but it looks pretty fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
You get the p90 in single player right off the bat boooyah Marie!!

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Gamestop has hosed me hard. Said the code would be available at 12:01am cst - got the email saying my code was ready but it just says "Code Release date is unavailable" where my Splatoon 2 code should be.

I just wanted to use my gift cards. drat it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Twist And Pout! posted:

Gamestop has hosed me hard. Said the code would be available at 12:01am cst - got the email saying my code was ready but it just says "Code Release date is unavailable" where my Splatoon 2 code should be.

I just wanted to use my gift cards. drat it.

Call and complain and get something for the wait

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I had the same idea but no luck I’m afraid. I have a $0 balance, nothing to re-download, and I still get the price button for Splatoon instead of some indication that I already bought it.

Oh well. Sleep is probably wiser anyway.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Salmon Run Schedule:

7/21 1AM - 11PM

7/22, 1AM - 11PM
7/23, 1AM - 11PM
7/25, 7AM - 7PM
7/27 1AM - 1PM

Anybody worried about salmon run not being frequent: its very frequent

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Why do I keep hitting X to jump? Was that the jump button in the original version. It's been a while.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I pity all you loving losers who went digital.

You didn't get a sweet-rear end Slosher and Squid keychain :smuggo:.

JackDarko posted:

Why do I keep hitting X to jump? Was that the jump button in the original version. It's been a while.

Yup, it was. I do the same drat thing.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^
We're (mostly) playing and you are not

I like the glitter effect on the ink during single player!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

JackDarko posted:

BOTW has X jump too, makign it extra confusing at first

edit: Crusty Sean still has his shoe store beat banging in his food truck

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Futaba Anzu posted:

so what's the diff between main abilities and sub abilities? do sub abilities not count until it hits some threshold or do they just provide a smaller percentage of the full thing?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Smaller percentage.

Specifically, three sub abilities equaled one main ability in Splatoon 1, without counting diminishing returns. I'd imagine it's the same for 2.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Do the clothes in the store change? I swear all the shoes have lovely abilities I do not want

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Do the clothes in the store change? I swear all the shoes have lovely abilities I do not want

They change when the maps do, every couple of hours.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yes, frequently

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

That was my guess. Noice.

Slinky Weasel
Oct 20, 2009

Onean posted:

Specifically, three sub abilities equaled one main ability in Splatoon 1, without counting diminishing returns. I'd imagine it's the same for 2.

You're almost right, main ability slots put 10 points into an ability while subs put 3. So gear with 3 of the same subs will only add up to 9.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SALMON RUN OPEN (requires level 4 no biggie)

Map rotation, store inventory rotation! :dance:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah! Was that for 1 or 2?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Reminder to get the lovely app for the bonus clothing options

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Reminder to get the lovely app for the bonus clothing options

bonus clothing options? say what? Like more pants or what?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

More stuff to buy, unique to what is in stores.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
have an advantage on current turf war maps because of last week

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My purchase went through!

...On my preorder at EB Games, and I'm heading home with it right now along with a Splatoon Pro Controller :smuggo:.

heck yes got my cartridge and my i forgot the controller poo poo

Slinky Weasel
Oct 20, 2009
Whoa, was it mentioned anywhere you switch weapons in between waves in salmon run?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Good morning. Today is the day. And I'm still waiting for confirmation that my Splatoon 2 bundle is waiting for me at the shop.

This is gonna be a long day.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Slinky Weasel posted:

Whoa, was it mentioned anywhere you switch weapons in between waves in salmon run?

If you don't select a weapon, it will randomise. You can 'loadout' at the lobby screen.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i played some splatoon. got to level 4. bought some new gear and weapon. splatoon is good. gonna try campaign and salmon run tomorrow.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They change when the maps do, every couple of hours.

oh poo poo seriously? i'm pretty sure it was just once a day in splatoon 1

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Grizzco doesn't pull any punches: "woah kid, you're destined for middle management!" :negative:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there a way to switch between the girl and the boy squid kid? I see you can change hair and pants on the options but not much else.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a way to switch between the girl and the boy squid kid? I see you can change hair and pants on the options but not much else.

Apparently it IS in options. Somewhere.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Add me: SW-3100-1015-6459

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Salmon Run is super super good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Salmon Run owns and I'm going to bed