Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What's more likely: this patch actually works or upon equipping MTX your character gets deleted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Equipping mtx makes you into a giant weta, and all your skills become eating carrots and freaking out people.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Fingers crossed, but so far so good?

quote:

The pathofexile.com site may be down during the deployment process so this is the best external place to post updates.

General Notes:

Note 1: The microtransaction system in this 2.6.3 patch is fully up to date. The one on the Beta 3.0.0 wave 3 realm is missing some recent minor bug fixes, so if you see weirdness on Beta, that's why. It'll be up to date by release.

Note 2: If you try to reclaim microtransactions between the two realms, it will work, but may display incorrect character and league names.

Note 3: Your consumable microtransactions on Beta (like Fireworks and Skin Transfers) are your real ones and are actually consumed if you use them.

Deployment Updates:

Update 1: Live and Beta realms are about to shut down in preparation for the patch. They'll be down for something like 15-30 minutes assuming things go well. We expect it to work this time, as the haunted servers from last time are long gone.

Update 2: Patching is available, but servers are still being deployed.

Update 3: Live Realm is deployed, and we're doing some quick internal testing to make sure it looks safe before we let everyone in.

More updates coming!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Making an MTX combo so faboulous it crashes the realm.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Update 4: Our internal tests passed, so we're bringing the realm up in a few minutes. Note that you must log in to Live first in order for your microtransactions to be migrated to Beta. Also note that the process of migrating microtransactions can take between 5-350 milliseconds per person and there's a small queue to do this, so if everyone floods on at once it may be a little while before you get in.

e oh drat it :(

quote:

Update 5: While the microtransaction migrations are running correctly and people who get in are able to use the new system, there are some significant realm stability issues that are disconnecting everyone else. We are shutting the realm down in order to redeploy 2.6.2 until this problem is solved. We are very sorry about the inconvenience. This is as frustrating for us as it is for you guys :(

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 21, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

oh no, more waiting time on a qol feature

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
hahahahahahaha, jesus christ thats hilarious.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So I was almost right on the second option.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Update 7: Upon examination, the stability issues are due to constant crashes of the account database shards due to some stupid problem that is my completely fault. We have fixed this crash and are going to spin the wheel again while there's downtime and everyone is already upset with us. The current plan is to redeploy 2.6.3 soon (10-20 mins) and have another shot!

4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ahhaha

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheRat posted:

Update 7: Upon examination, the stability issues are due to constant crashes of the account database shards due to some stupid problem that is my completely fault. We have fixed this crash and are going to spin the wheel again while there's downtime and everyone is already upset with us. The current plan is to redeploy 2.6.3 soon (10-20 mins) and have another shot!

4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head 4Head

I thought this was a joke update at first... :stare:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whats a fun quick build I can do in this temp league

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

whats a fun quick build I can do in this temp league

http://poe-racing.com/ <- go there, click "2 Week Turmoil HC Solo (JRE096)" and pick one that looks fun (once the servers come back up and you can look at profiles)

Those are all 100% solo self found so you should be able to do pretty much any of them with a little bit of effort.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6ok289/263_microtransaction_system_deployment_status/dki26qu/?context=3 lmao

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I've finally got my gloom herald effect back after like 4 months of being too lazy to contact support :toot:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Count Uvula posted:

I've finally got my gloom herald effect back after like 4 months of being too lazy to contact support :toot:

hah same, the skill mtx system was so tedious

now pls ggg let me sell or trade my duplicates :pray:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Goa Tse-tung posted:

now pls ggg let me sell or trade my duplicates :pray:

hah

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Count Uvula posted:

Oh hey, neat. Me too.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

If anybody is still playing in beta and can use any of my poo poo, let me know. I am done until the real release, I think. The most valuable things I can think of are a 6L searing touch, Kaom's heart, 5L belly, 5L cloak of defiance, double void batteries, and a 350 edps foil.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I won't be home from work until a bit later but I could definitely use the kaoms and the 6l searing to test on my cwc firestorm berserker. I think I was the one who suggested it to you originally so hopefully that gets me brownie points :) Betta in game character name.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Sure, works for me. You probably were the one.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Filthy Monkey posted:

If anybody is still playing in beta and can use any of my poo poo, let me know. I am done until the real release, I think. The most valuable things I can think of are a 6L searing touch, Kaom's heart, 5L belly, 5L cloak of defiance, double void batteries, and a 350 edps foil.

I could use the 5l botb, DonPickleRickles on the beta realm.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You know, I've been thinking around Monkey's SR-CwC-Firestorm berserker, and Mathil's SR Ascendant-Trickster-Inquisitor, and I've been thinking, is there any way of building something that takes inspiration from both and filling in the other's weaknesses? Monkey's build has mediocre clearspeed and excellent single target, while Mathil has the opposite, so theoretically you could have a staff for clear and a weapon swap for a staff that boss/rare kills.

Or are their mechanics too different? Monkey builds for hits and leech tanks with a huge lifepool, while Mathil builds for DoTs and regen tanks.

Alternatively, you could simply keep a Pledge as a weapon swap. Though what's a good spell that has good fire/duration scaling?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Is the MTX update live now?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah, but apparently your stuff may not be migrated over to beta until some time over the weekend. Its all good on the normal servers though.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah, but apparently your stuff may not be migrated over to beta until some time over the weekend. Its all good on the normal servers though.

Nice, I haven't been doing anything beta related, I took a break from poe when the first attempt at the mtx patch was rolled back. Outside of 3.0, this is all I am interested in.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The March Hare posted:

I could use the 5l botb, DonPickleRickles on the beta realm.
Tried sending you a message, but you weren't there. Will check again later today.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Filthy Monkey posted:

Tried sending you a message, but you weren't there. Will check again later today.

I'll leave my client running in the background starting now~

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

I could use the foil. Will be on as InflagranteDelickedHer in 6+ hours.

MMF Freeway posted:

Uh, you just need to hop on regular client to get all your MTX registered, then it will show up in Beta.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

You know, I've been thinking around Monkey's SR-CwC-Firestorm berserker, and Mathil's SR Ascendant-Trickster-Inquisitor, and I've been thinking, is there any way of building something that takes inspiration from both and filling in the other's weaknesses? Monkey's build has mediocre clearspeed and excellent single target, while Mathil has the opposite, so theoretically you could have a staff for clear and a weapon swap for a staff that boss/rare kills.

Or are their mechanics too different? Monkey builds for hits and leech tanks with a huge lifepool, while Mathil builds for DoTs and regen tanks.

Alternatively, you could simply keep a Pledge as a weapon swap. Though what's a good spell that has good fire/duration scaling?

I enjoyed the SR & RF Iron Will Inquis I made for Legacy. Tonnes of cast speed, regen and HP with Kaoms chest and boot (SR goes in Doon's, RF in helmet with that essence craft) and attack speed for shield charge.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Jack Trades posted:

My actual problem is that PoE seems to really want me to either plan my whole build in advance or use a guide made by someone else who has planned their whole build in advance, to get any kind of viable character (and by viable I mean a character that can kill Uber Izaro at least) while not giving me any tools whatsoever to plan my character or letting me correct my build on the fly without making a new character.

I played PoE for a little while before, long enough to kill Uber Izaro. The game is great but having to constantly double-check a guide every level to get a decent build or whatever makes me not want to play the game at all.

Seriously, the game has this gigantic sphere grid thing and the gem system lets you create so many different cool combos but the game doesn't let you play around with those mechanics because you have to make a whole new character every time you want to properly test a new thing, it's infuriating.

I check back on this game every month in hopes that maybe they'll add a separate "Filthy Casuals" League that would just give you infinite regret points or something but it seems like that'll never happen.

Dude, there are infinite regrets. It's the same concept as any other game. You couldn't respec in wow for free, you had to pay gold. You couldn't respec whatsoever in diablo 2. You can literally level a character to 100, and completely change every single passive skill you've taken with a somewhat mediocre amount of currency for anyone in the end game. Getting a character to end game is not that difficult after you've done it the first time, and you can level the easiest, safest, quickest starter build to build up currency and then respec into whatever you please! Stop acting like this is actually an issue with path of exile, they just want your decisions with regards to your character to have some weight rather than being a literal Swiss Army knife.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

I'm online now for a little bit if you're around. If not, no worries.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bob NewSCART posted:

Dude, there are infinite regrets. It's the same concept as any other game. You couldn't respec in wow for free, you had to pay gold. You couldn't respec whatsoever in diablo 2. You can literally level a character to 100, and completely change every single passive skill you've taken with a somewhat mediocre amount of currency for anyone in the end game. Getting a character to end game is not that difficult after you've done it the first time, and you can level the easiest, safest, quickest starter build to build up currency and then respec into whatever you please! Stop acting like this is actually an issue with path of exile, they just want your decisions with regards to your character to have some weight rather than being a literal Swiss Army knife.

I mean, it's an issue if he wants a game that acts like Diablo 3.

Game's not for everyone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Magus42 posted:

I mean, it's an issue if he wants a game that acts like Diablo 3.

Game's not for everyone.

Isn't D3 worse because you're locked into whatever build you have triple ancients for? There's no trading.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
But you can change skills around freely when the other gear you want drops, which is what it sounds like he wants, and what PoE will never be.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Rolling a new character with a detailed plan is the fun part of PoE.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

What is the best place for plans/guides/etc?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah you just have to play enough to get to the point where getting a new character up to snuff to use your fancy new gear is only a 8 hour or so investment. That's as good as it's gonna get here.

Anyone else have a plan for their first 3.0 character yet? I want to so a magma orb ignite type build since you'll be able to get the threshold gems off a vendor. Or maybe an elemental EK nova. Going health and MoM for both of them unless good CO gear ends up being super cheap because of the nerfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Twist And Pout! posted:

Yeah you just have to play enough to get to the point where getting a new character up to snuff to use your fancy new gear is only a 8 hour or so investment. That's as good as it's gonna get here.

Anyone else have a plan for their first 3.0 character yet? I want to so a magma orb ignite type build since you'll be able to get the threshold gems off a vendor. Or maybe an elemental EK nova. Going health and MoM for both of them unless good CO gear ends up being super cheap because of the nerfs.

Man, I've played for tens of hours and only reached level 62 or something.

Maybe it's because I play solo 99% of the time and try to do every quest and stuff.

• Locked thread