Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Got my orders for the NOSC finalized. Can't wait to find out if the apathy sets in on the first hour, day or week. Gonna do my best though. Woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
see fuckin' Dunkirk

In IMAX

Now.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vriess posted:

see fuckin' Dunkirk

In IMAX

Now.

Did you see it in 70mm IMAX?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nick Soapdish posted:

Not all of us are living in a huge city

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Not all of us are living in a huge city

If you consider Indianapolis a huge city then, gently caress man.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

I didn't even know there were other, weaker IMAXes. Kinda shocked tbh because I've only ever seen legit IMAX theaters.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Nearest 70mm theater is almost 3 hours way, in another state.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Gonna go this week. IMAX 7 miles away at asn AMC.

Don't gently caress with me Nolan!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Godholio posted:

Nearest 70mm theater is almost 3 hours way, in another state.

I'm near Boston and the last time I wanted to see a 70mm movie the nearest theater was loving Pensylvania.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nick Soapdish posted:

If you consider Indianapolis a huge city then, gently caress man.

Indianapolis does have a Dolby cinema, which is better. Usually.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Godholio posted:

Nearest [anything] is almost 3 hours way, in another state.

nevada.txt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Remulak posted:

Indianapolis does have a Dolby cinema, which is better. Usually.

I don't see how. IMAX has a resolution of ~18k, vs what you get from Dolby Cinema (4k)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's basically true.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888924385188356096

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
30,000 MISSING EMALS

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So I was skimming through orders and I noticed a set for 200 days with the USNS Trenton.

Pro: It's in the Med. It's not a ship that can stay out at sea long.

Con: I know nothing about that class of ship and for all I know it could be a floating hell. I've never heard of anyone talking about being on one.

So does anyone have a story about it or a sister ship?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

So I was skimming through orders and I noticed a set for 200 days with the USNS Trenton.

Con: I know nothing about that class of ship and for all I know it could be a floating hell. I've never heard of anyone talking about being on one.

We met some skimmer in the med whose Crew was complaining about the number of maneuvering watches they had to undergo and the number of port calls they had been making. Don't be like them and enjoy your time in the med.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We met some skimmer in the med whose Crew was complaining about the number of maneuvering watches they had to undergo and the number of port calls they had been making. Don't be like them and enjoy your time in the med.

They complained about port calls?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

They complained about port calls?

They complained about the extra work that making port calls entailed because they were loving retards.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

They complained about the extra work that making port calls entailed because they were loving retards.

Fair enough. Couldnt figure that out on my own due to lack of experience. That's pretty dumb. They sound like they are rather roomy but have a habit of rolling which doesnt make a lot of sense for a catamaran design.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

If my wife and boss wouldn't have murdered me for it, I would have jumped on those orders (there was a request for an 1115 put out a couple weeks ago) the instant I saw them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

If my wife and boss wouldn't have murdered me for it, I would have jumped on those orders (there was a request for an 1115 put out a couple weeks ago) the instant I saw them.

Yeah that's why I'm kinda curious that nobody else snapped them up.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I'm an aviator and I would take orders to a USNS ship in a heartbeat. That's all you need to now.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

vulturesrow posted:

I'm an aviator and I would take orders to a USNS ship in a heartbeat. That's all you need to now.

This man does not speak for VP aviation.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

LordNad posted:

This man does not speak for VP aviation.

Nor would I want to.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thanks. Gonna follow those orders in the future and explore them.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

If memory serves me correctly from talking to an IT1 I worked with years ago, when he was on a USNS vessel he had a stateroom and not a giant berthing we had while on the amphibs. Give it a shot, go to sea. Everyone should go to sea atleast once in their career.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah the Bees are a retard parade but no thanks re: going to sea.

Anyone here able to give me a quick answer for where on my DTS claim I fill in the necessary info to get BAS, since I wasn't getting galley food for a couple weeks? Also, does anyone have the .pdf checklist you have to digitally sign and attach? Cool story, supply didn't set us all up for success.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Anyone ever hear of the Chief of Naval Personal Identity Force before?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

Yeah the Bees are a retard parade but no thanks re: going to sea.

Anyone here able to give me a quick answer for where on my DTS claim I fill in the necessary info to get BAS, since I wasn't getting galley food for a couple weeks? Also, does anyone have the .pdf checklist you have to digitally sign and attach? Cool story, supply didn't set us all up for success.

You're a seabee, build one

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If I built it then it DEFINITELY won't work

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

If I built it then it DEFINITELY won't work

I would think that your command admin office would be able to walk you through all this stuff, considering it would all be going through them at some point. In my experience they're usually pretty happy to help sailors out when you have a specific question in mind about paperwork / admin / regulations and the like. This is also something you could potentially run by your LCPO or some poo poo?

I dunno how Seabees are organized and poo poo but ask whoever wrangles you or whoever wrangles them? Show some initiative and people will take notice!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Anyone ever hear of the Chief of Naval Personal Identity Force before?

You got some mail too?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Laranzu posted:

You got some mail too?

Yep, hadn't even opened the letter yet and looking at the visible logo and PO box return address just makes my brain scream SCAM

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Yep, hadn't even opened the letter yet and looking at the visible logo and PO box return address just makes my brain scream SCAM

Its those chinese harvested SF-86's coming home to roost.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I would think that your command admin office would be able to walk you through all this stuff, considering it would all be going through them at some point. In my experience they're usually pretty happy to help sailors out when you have a specific question in mind about paperwork / admin / regulations and the like. This is also something you could potentially run by your LCPO or some poo poo?

I dunno how Seabees are organized and poo poo but ask whoever wrangles you or whoever wrangles them? Show some initiative and people will take notice!

They walked a second through it so he could walk us through it because they don't want to because they are busy.

If there was a better in unit option than asking you guys trust me, I already would have done it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

They walked a second through it so he could walk us through it because they don't want to because they are busy.

If there was a better in unit option than asking you guys trust me, I already would have done it

Paging DustyNuts to find out who to bitch at.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I just need to know how to get BAS for the time gone, can't figure it out on my claim. Our supply department handles DTS so, that's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I just need to know how to get BAS for the time gone, can't figure it out on my claim. Our supply department handles DTS so, that's fun

Yeah, Supply usually handles DTS in most commands, but they're usually supposed to be semi-competent. You're AD so I don't get why your command's supply department has their head up their rear end about DTS, because they should be handling it fairly often. Seriously though, if you're not getting what you need, bitch louder. If the guy who is ostensibly supposed to be handling your DTS issues is not handling what you need done, and you are communicating clearly to him what you need, go over his head. Go to the next person up, go to your LPO/LCPO. They are there to ensure you get what you need.

I am dead serious about saying drag your LPO/LCPO into it because it is their loving job to make sure their sailors aren't getting hosed over.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 26, 2017