Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The new Salmon Run map seems loving awful. I've won maybe 3 shifts out of nearly 30

Maybe it's because two of the weapons are a roller and an inkbrush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Yes I still check Miitomo. Why I'm not sure.

hey man shine on you crazy diamond, miitomo had so much potential imho but personally failed for me. i loved miitomo but it didn't entirely love me back

Kazy posted:

Basically overlaid an image using Elgato's software and traced it manually with the d-pad. Was very tedious :v:

how do i overlay an opaque image over elgato video? very interested in doing this

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo mr. Grizz can I get a loving gun please.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

pichupal posted:

Look at the very bottom of the screen at the beginning of Salmon Run as the countdown is starting. The bottom of the screen will have a semi-transparent wave overlay that can go up and down. It'll tell you if the upcoming wave will be high, normal or low tide.

I'd grab a screen shot, but no one can play Salmon Run right now.

And now I can. It's easier to see in game when it's moving.

I'm really hating this wave, although running around with the Octobrush when everything is chasing you is fun. It's hard to do anything else with it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pants Donkey posted:

The new Salmon Run map seems loving awful. I've won maybe 3 shifts out of nearly 30

Maybe it's because two of the weapons are a roller and an inkbrush

i just genuinely rouletted first round octo brush 12 rounds in a row with the last one having me just stop playing and stand still for the rest of the round doing nothing because that's about as much you accomplish with it in salmon run

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Yo mr. Grizz can I get a loving gun please.

Yeah, not loving the current loadout. The only weapon with any range is the Splatling so you're probably hosed if a Steelhead shows up, not to mention the Inkbrush and Roller are also pretty bad for taking out Drizzlers and Grillers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I just assumed that Grizzco were 100% definitely actual bears, and they just can't show their faces because it would terrify every sea creature in town and mess up their scheme.

This is 100% true and the only alternate theory I'll accept is that a Salmonid has decided to sell out his fellow fishmans for the sake of capitalism.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

the map is loving huge, so you'll have a boss on one side making GBS threads missiles while on the complete opposite side another rear end in a top hat is shooting you with the stingray or something. And because some of them frequently have invulnerability you can't keep pace.

Making matters worse is during high tide. Good luck trying to kill a flying missile fucker without a chum knocking you into the water

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Curling bomb spammer is the new end of game inkstrike

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Futaba Anzu posted:

i just genuinely rouletted first round octo brush 12 rounds in a row with the last one having me just stop playing and stand still for the rest of the round doing nothing because that's about as much you accomplish with it in salmon run

The Roller is a fantastic weapon for Salmon Run - Get in there and just run down the small ones, and the Flick has enough damage to put the hurt to some of the Bosses.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I rush the middle then turn left on the stage, walk over the grating and ink up to the top level and shoot down on opponents from the higher vantage point, plus you can rain ink deep into their territory. It's also a good place to jump down and ambush enemies from if you're using a short ranged weapon. There's a ton of climbable stuff in that map, check it out in recon mode, in fact do that with every map so you can spot some things you might be missing in the rush of splattle.

Helpful advice, thank you!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yes, the current loadout of Salmon weapons is actually nearly ideal - it would only be better if the Dualies were swapped out for a Splattershot, or especially a Splatty Pro or a Jet Squelcher.

The roller and brush are absolutely absurd at waveclear and will rip some of the bosses apart in seconds. The only ones they'll struggle a bit with are Steelheads and Grillers, and those aren't a problem so long as your Splatling is on point. Also, as it turns out, a gatling gun is very well suited to a horde mode.

Learn to use the melee weapons and you'll accomplish a lot.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

A couple of games into Salmon Run, I realized that if I wanted to keep playing this mode and get good at it, I was going to have to master every weapon that it gives you that I'm not already good with. Because GrizzCo isn't always going to have chargers, and I'm not always going to get it when they do.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Glowflies while the team has roller and brush is incredible

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, the current loadout of Salmon weapons is actually nearly ideal - it would only be better if the Dualies were swapped out for a Splattershot, or especially a Splatty Pro or a Jet Squelcher.

The roller and brush are absolutely absurd at waveclear and will rip some of the bosses apart in seconds. The only ones they'll struggle a bit with are Steelheads and Grillers, and those aren't a problem so long as your Splatling is on point. Also, as it turns out, a gatling gun is very well suited to a horde mode.

The problem is that pubs aren't good at using them, so freelance is hell.

Also I posit that the map itself is worse than anything. Enemies have infinite range, and the stingray can hit through objects, so while you're trying to aim at a flyfish you have a ton of bullshit coming at you. It's probably more manageable in a coordinated group, where you can have poo poo like an inkbrush providing a safe route to the basket, but in a freelance job you get overwhelmed and die.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jesus, what you have to do to get the hidden page on Stage 19 really is something. :stare:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Goddamn, the Heavy Splatter is monstrous in Splat Zones. Never before have I felt such power

e: I'm willing to accept alternatives for Tower Control.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 23, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been at work watching Salmon Run streams, and a common thing I'm noticing is that people seem to ignore their specials.

The first thing you should do when you get off the boat is look at what your special weapons are. They are VITAL at mid to high level play. Splashdown and Bomb Rush are great for clearing those massive stage 3 mobs that form. Stingray is great at eliminating Stingers and it absolutely trivializes the Mothership. InkJet is a great rescue tool for when multiple members go down. Don't be afraid to use these when things get hairy.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

This is your reminder that your stylish, lovable Squidkid spent its first decade or so of life as a slowly metamorphasizing horror.

Seriously though, it still fucks me up that this is apparently official artwork. Like seeing Disney outright saying yes, the Cars in the Cars movies really are entombed humans or whatever those insane fan theories are.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ink Jet super kills the flying missile dudes super fast, you can just shoot them straight instead of having to lob grenades (and wait for ink to refill if you miss)

bummer cars
Apr 3, 2009
Is there a list of how Special Power Up/ Sub Power Up affect each special/sub?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

With this map, these weapons, and Grillers? gently caress you Grizz; I'm not getting paid enough to die

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of good places to get tokens around yet? Especially experience ones

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The game tells me I need to play online to get to level 4 to do anything, but when I try to play online it does nothing. WHA TIS GOING ON

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I have a request: during the ink spout event in Salmon Run, the manhole with the gold fish is supposed to have more light coming out of it, and I was wondering if anyone could do a side by side comparison between a regular one and one with a gold fish in it to show me the difference? I'm having trouble telling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A couple of games into Salmon Run, I realized that if I wanted to keep playing this mode and get good at it, I was going to have to master every weapon that it gives you that I'm not already good with. Because GrizzCo isn't always going to have chargers, and I'm not always going to get it when they do.

You really do not want a Charger in Salmon Run. You can't crowd-control for poo poo, and even if you are tickling one of the bosses with it, it's only decent for bringing down the Steelheads and nothing else. And that's if you can get an angle on its bomb-launcher. Even the sniper bosses go down much faster with anything else because straight DPS just obliterates their stack of pots.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What exactly do power eggs do for you in Salmon Run? It seems like golden eggs contribute to your points for bonuses, but I have no idea what the other ones do besides a for-funsies score thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You really do not want a Charger in Salmon Run. You can't crowd-control for poo poo, and even if you are tickling one of the bosses with it, it's only decent for bringing down the Steelheads and nothing else. And that's if you can get an angle on its bomb-launcher. Even the sniper bosses go down much faster with anything else because straight DPS just obliterates their stack of pots.

Haha, buddy you've never seen a Griller die so fast as when I have my preferred gun. Not to mention the rescue aspects, or making light of Stingers who try to camp in peninsulas, or busting up groups with well placed shots, or knocking those storm cloud missiles down from anywhere. I absolutely crush when I have a charger in Salmon Run.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

On Port Mackerel, how are people getting into the other team's spawn? It's off the rotation, so I can't scout the map to find the path for myself, and I've never seen anyone actually doing the jump.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

What exactly do power eggs do for you in Salmon Run? It seems like golden eggs contribute to your points for bonuses, but I have no idea what the other ones do besides a for-funsies score thing.

Your job points are [goldeneggs + (powered / 200)]*pay rate

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Couple things -

I quit out of the game for the first time and reloaded it, and all but one of the Fake Miiverse posts changed. Maybe quitting and reloading is the way to cycle them? They hadn't changed before I did that, and I played all day Friday and Saturday.

I bought out all the stuff in the shops, and 2 and 3 slot stuff is in stock now. I'm now wearing hi-top retro basketball shoes, a trench coat, and a hockey helmet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Haha, buddy you've never seen a Griller die so fast as when I have my preferred gun. Not to mention the rescue aspects, or making light of Stingers who try to camp in peninsulas, or busting up groups with well placed shots, or knocking those storm cloud missiles down from anywhere. I absolutely crush when I have a charger in Salmon Run.

Okay, let me put it this way; You might be great with the Splat Charger, but, can you say the same for the three players who are far more likely to have it? Especially when you've only got it, maybe, in one single wave?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Given the tape reels in his shop and the casual disregard for employees I imagine Mr. Grizz is a Soviet era bear who was part of a much earlier cryo experiment then Judd and now has squid kids harvesting him salmon eggs

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, let me put it this way; You might be great with the Splat Charger, but, can you say the same for the three players who are far more likely to have it? Especially when you've only got it, maybe, in one single wave?

No, and that makes me sad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who thinks the main horde things in Salmon Run look like chickens

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of Salmon Run, if it's up lets get some teams going.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Speaking of Salmon Run, if it's up lets get some teams going.

Is there a discord or something or should I just post my friend code?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Unlucky7 posted:

This is your reminder that your stylish, lovable Squidkid spent its first decade or so of life as a slowly metamorphasizing horror.

Seriously though, it still fucks me up that this is apparently official artwork. Like seeing Disney outright saying yes, the Cars in the Cars movies really are entombed humans or whatever those insane fan theories are.
Have you seen this?
https://youtu.be/0SsFZpRx4Aw
It's deleted scene of a dream sequence but it is probably the most hosed up thing i have seen from a kids movie.

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
Does Splatoon 2 have any of the different modes and where are they? I'm level 14 and all I've seen is turf war so far.

I'm enjoying it so far but I don't remember the aerospray being so powerful. Nearly every game I end with 1500 before bonus. I also find rollers so much weaker than the first Splatoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GRINK HELCH posted:

Does Splatoon 2 have any of the different modes and where are they? I'm level 14 and all I've seen is turf war so far.

I'm enjoying it so far but I don't remember the aerospray being so powerful. Nearly every game I end with 1500 before bonus. I also find rollers so much weaker than the first Splatoon.

The other modes are in ranked battle.