Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

I saw a vid of a guy taking it out with swimsuit Mordred, Mash, and a support Merlin. It took over 50 turns, but they did it.

Mash, Merlin, and (Offensive servant of choice) is a pretty safe bet for almost anything. Merlin's NP plus Mash's defensive skills will keep you alive through quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Here's a quick tip to card counting:

If the first set of card have extra chain for one servant, the second set have like 80% chance to have same another servant, if that happen, the third servant will guarantee to have a extra chain as well.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

On the subject of cards, are there any chains that are in general the ones you want to be trying to form, or does it really vary by team?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Kay Kessler posted:

On the subject of cards, are there any chains that are in general the ones you want to be trying to form, or does it really vary by team?

It depends on your team and your strategy. Arts chains are an instant 20% NP bonus to everyone involved in them on top of any NP gauge they get from attacking, which is pretty great; I'll usually go for Arts chains when I see them in any fight long enough to care about building NP. And Buster chains are obviously going to do the greatest immediate damage, which can be all you need if the fight's going to be over in a turn or two. Quick chains just make you generate a bunch more crit stars, which can be powerful but feels like it requires a bit more planning and setup than the others if you want to use it to full effect.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Depends on what you're trying to do. Some comps are about using Arts cards to constantly fire NPs, some depend on crit stars, others just raw damage with busters.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
FF, I think the giant boars are vulnerable to instant death. Try Shiki-ing them to death.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everything in the game is vulnerable to instant death, the rates just vary.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I just finished grinding through the boar challenge with a stall team of Mash, Nightingale, and friend Merlin. Between Mash's defense ups and Nightingale and Merlin's NP heals, I could tank indefinitely.

Cleared it on like turn 170, after letting my front line die on purpose so my backline of heavy hitters could finish off the last two boars, just for style.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hate using casters, what are all their animations so boring

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Waver, problem solved.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Well at least there's Medea animation updates later, and Sanzou.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kay Kessler posted:

Waver, problem solved.

WANA DA! WANA DA! MUDA DA! KEIRYAKU DA! WANA DA!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

'cause every launch servant has boring animations, the casters just have the most boring

a lot of the best animations in the game belong to casters later on. like swimsuit marie playing volleyball or nitocris's medjeds

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I watched the First Order OVA the other day, and it made me sad that Caster Cu Chulainn's attack animations aren't anywhere near as cool as his attacks in the anime were.

RUNES, MOTHERFUCKER! DON'T EVEN NEED TO CHANT!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

W.T. Fits posted:

I watched the First Order OVA the other day, and it made me sad that Caster Cu Chulainn's attack animations aren't anywhere near as cool as his attacks in the anime were.

RUNES, MOTHERFUCKER! DON'T EVEN NEED TO CHANT!

It's also the only time he just wins, period. No mutual eliminations, no wins but dies, etc. The only time Cu Chulainn just unequivocally wins is when he's not a lancer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like Shakespeare's NP. THE APPLAUSE SHALL BE AS TEN THOUSAND THUNDERS!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I wish he'd get better animations because his voice is the loving best.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Argas posted:

It's also the only time he just wins, period. No mutual eliminations, no wins but dies, etc. The only time Cu Chulainn just unequivocally wins is when he's not a lancer.

Which is even funnier since Lancer is his favorite class.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

the_steve posted:

Which is even funnier since Lancer is his favorite class.

They make a point in the original VN that he's a lot stronger when he isn't fighting one-on-one duels to the death. His skillset is actually more suited for more prolonged hit-and-run battles, but he really enjoys one-on-one duels. So that's what he does.

Having the lance sealed actually forces him to play more to his strengths, his whining nonwithstanding.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 24, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys, note that this week's set of Master Missions includes a bit of a dick move. They want you to collect Caster Gems, that can only be found in Friday Monster Hunting Missions. So be sure not to miss out!

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Guys, note that this week's set of Master Missions includes a bit of a dick move. They want you to collect Caster Gems, that can only be found in Friday Monster Hunting Missions. So be sure not to miss out!

drat, NeroFest should be in full swing by then as well. Not to mention those demons only have a 50/50 chance to show up if you want the guaranteed drop.

Also, question to any jp users out there. What is the difference between the different mission tiers for NeroFest? If I farm the 30 ap one will it drop all the medals? What's the most efficient way to do this?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

skimming reddit current consensus seems to be clear every mission once for the completion reward, then rerun AP20 if you want medals or whichever is most appropriate if you want mat drops

e:

you can check the details of each mission and what they can (not necessarily will; you won't be getting, say, 15 bronze medals each time you run AP5) drop here
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150916.php#nav

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Not only that, you also basically have to run the 30AP version for them because the spawn rates for Caster enemies are really unbalanced. These missions almost seem designed to highlight how painful it is to get Caster Gems right now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Besides not getting quartz fragments, is there a downside to skipping master quests? Feels like concentrating 100% on Nero Fest is far more important at this stage.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Besides not getting quartz fragments, is there a downside to skipping master quests?

Nope, but quartz is quartz.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Okay, heads up: Spartacus and Kiyohime both have Interludes were you fight Lamias, so you can try to get some Caster gems from there now before Nerofest begins. If you kill 2 Lamias out of 3 and still get no drops, then you can Withdraw at the cost of 10AP and try again.

Just did this and got a Blue Gem, a Red Gem, and a Serpent's Jewel. :choco:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Okay, heads up: Spartacus and Kiyohime both have Interludes were you fight Lamias, so you can try to get some Caster gems from there now before Nerofest begins. If you kill 2 Lamias out of 3 and still get no drops, then you can Withdraw at the cost of 10AP and try again.

Just did this and got a Blue Gem, a Red Gem, and a Serpent's Jewel. :choco:

poo poo i already did both interludes.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I had 188 quartz and 7 tickets saved up for Ruler Martha, and then i got her on literally my very first ticket.

I guess i'll do a few more rolls, just to see if i can get her to NP2, just in case i'm on a lucky streak

update: five tickets later and i get Archer Arthuria also

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 24, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've come around to accepting my nature as a guy who spends his Quartz every time he gets 30. I'd like to hoard for the Servants I really like, but I can't so instead I'll just use the Servants I get to their fullest potential (like grailing *-*** Servants I like).

I mean, on the Japanese Server I didn't get a 5-Star until Merlin and now I've got like 5 and they're all people I like so Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Besides not getting quartz fragments, is there a downside to skipping master quests? Feels like concentrating 100% on Nero Fest is far more important at this stage.

You'll be forever annoyed how you have uneven amount of quartz

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bholder posted:

This is the real reason to go for it anyway. There's nothing that important to grind for in the semi-finals after all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

This is the real reason to go for it anyway. There's nothing that important to grind for in the semi-finals after all.
Friday-Sunday is round 2 which has Octuplet Crystals, which I need a ton of for Lancelot/Herc, as well as Phoenix Feathers for a few other folks, and I'll be out of town for the entirety for one of those days to help my brother move.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm giving this game a shot because the story seems pretty cool (if horribly translated) and there are at least a few characters I like, so I have dumb questions.

1) I don't really understand team building concepts very well yet, so I have d'Eon and don't really know what to do with him. Seems to have taunt-tank related skills and a lot of HP, so what should I be looking for with the rest of my team? Stacking the rest with glass cannon DPSs or what?

2) Should I be rolling all my quartzes on this upcoming event or should I just sit on them and wait for something else specific? I'm still very early in the story so I dunno if I have to be a certain way into the game before events really become relevant or not.

3) Does the action deck reset after a round ends or does it carry over?

4) When will Nitocris get added to the English version :ghost:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm giving this game a shot because the story seems pretty cool (if horribly translated) and there are at least a few characters I like, so I have dumb questions.

1) I don't really understand team building concepts very well yet, so I have d'Eon and don't really know what to do with him. Seems to have taunt-tank related skills and a lot of HP, so what should I be looking for with the rest of my team? Stacking the rest with glass cannon DPSs or what?

Taunt teams are workable, though D'Eon's tough to use because he doesn't actually get taunt until very late. But yes, you'd pair him with Berzerker glass cannons so they can pump out damage while he's drawing attacks. You can experiment with Saint George when you get him, since he starts with taunt.

This team building guide is pretty basic, but gets the main concepts across?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

2) Should I be rolling all my quartzes on this upcoming event or should I just sit on them and wait for something else specific? I'm still very early in the story so I dunno if I have to be a certain way into the game before events really become relevant or not.

Look at upcoming units, decide who you want and save for them. Rates are low enough that you can never have too much saved.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

3) Does the action deck reset after a round ends or does it carry over?

Carries over, resets after it's exhausted (three rounds).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

4) When will Nitocris get added to the English version :ghost:

Sometime around the middle of next year, most likely.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Bholder posted:

I had 6 quartz pieces when they switched from 1piece to 2 pieces per quest on JP so now I'm forever annoyed for being 1 short.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Taunt teams are workable, though D'Eon's tough to use because he doesn't actually get taunt until very late. But yes, you'd pair him with Berzerker glass cannons so they can pump out damage while he's drawing attacks. You can experiment with Saint George when you get him, since he starts with taunt.

Yeah I had already guessed that it was going to be pretty lame that his taunt was his 3rd skill. It does seem like my kind of team though so I'll keep at it and work on my 1* Berzerker in the mean time.

Sounds like this English release is even more behind the curve release-wise than your typical Mobage.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking ahead to future limited servants, is Old Man of the Mountain as rad as his artwork because god drat:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mechanics-Wise he's alright, but storywise he owns that much yes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

They make a point in the original VN that he's a lot stronger when he isn't fighting one-on-one duels to the death. His skillset is actually more suited for more prolonged hit-and-run battles, but he really enjoys one-on-one duels. So that's what he does.

Having the lance sealed actually forces him to play more to his strengths, his whining nonwithstanding.

I'm pretty sure this is Diarmiud who you would still need to convince to do it this way, i.e because Diarmiud has Disengage iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah I had already guessed that it was going to be pretty lame that his taunt was his 3rd skill. It does seem like my kind of team though so I'll keep at it and work on my 1* Berzerker in the mean time.

Asterios, Lu Bu and Kiyohime are probably the main low-rarity Berzerkers to look out for right now? Of course it's all down to personal taste.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Sounds like this English release is even more behind the curve release-wise than your typical Mobage.

About two years off? It doesn't seem like they'll be accelerating content at all for pacing and plot reasons, so we'll probably stay that far behind. At least it makes it easy to plan ahead.