Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

murked by dragon posted:

i want to play all of the Castlevania games; on the Switch

castlevania HD 2 when konami?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

spit on my clit posted:

The whole town loves Graveyard Duck, a lovely duck that hangs out in graveyards.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The whole town loves Graveyard Duck, a lovely duck that hangs out in graveyards.

so..wait for bloodstained?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

No thank you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you're not getting Castlevania unless they bring the wii/wii u virtual console to switch

and don't quote that european brand manager that said they wanted to if the netflix thing took off because they have about as much authority on the matter as any other random person.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I want to buy a capacitive stylus for Switch use (read: Splatoon use). Anything I should know before jumping straight on Amazon and buying the first recommend thing?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

murked by dragon posted:

i want to play all of the games; on the Switch
Yes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fedule posted:

I want to buy a capacitive stylus for Switch use (read: Splatoon use). Anything I should know before jumping straight on Amazon and buying the first recommend thing?
Just go buy one from Wal-Mart or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just use a AAA battery

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cojawfee posted:

Will it have online? I want to play that game but I don't have real friends.

I do not believe it will have online. The other versions did not or else I would have gotten it a while back, myself. A shame, no local gaming friends. Looks fun though...

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

the only game i really want is stardew valley. why is it not out yet??

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Considering every Castlevania that wasn't lord of shadow dreck was an exclusive on the GBA or DS systems I could see Konami doing another classic Castlevania on the Switch. In fact I think one would be perfect for the Switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Considering every Castlevania that wasn't lord of shadow dreck was an exclusive on the GBA or DS systems I could see Konami doing another classic Castlevania on the Switch. In fact I think one would be perfect for the Switch

The person who worked on those is making Bloodstained.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'd be pretty happy never giving another cent to Konami again after the hosed-up way they treated all the people they shitcanned when they dropped Kojima and went into Pachinko Mode, but against all odds that Castlevania show on netflix is actually good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a7m2 posted:

the only game i really want is stardew valley. why is it not out yet??

Nintendo hates us and wishes sadness on us.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I'd be pretty happy never giving another cent to Konami again after the hosed-up way they treated all the people they shitcanned when they dropped Kojima and went into Pachinko Mode, but against all odds that Castlevania show on netflix is actually good.

It's because that guy had been messing around with making that show for like ten years. idk why they went with it now, probably just for the good will.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well since Bloodstained is already coming to the Switch I will instead make a demand that will never happen and say that Nintendo should contact SyFy and get the rights to make a BloodDrive video games

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/889476360074350593
Apparently that also includes Europe, since NoE retweeted that.

E: The game in question is Overcooked, coming this July 27th.

I wonder what's special about it, if it's just the game with all DLC then I'll just stick with the PC version.

Cojawfee posted:

That game would be utter hell with latency.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 24, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nintendo hates us and wishes sadness on us.

It’s diabolical. They release the greatest console of all time then purposely put no good games in it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s diabolical. They release the greatest console of all time then purposely put no good games in it.

It really is insulting and outright hateful feeling that they release with such an amazing game and then... nothing? It's been months Nintendo, you can't ride the goodwill botw bought you forever. Time to pay the piper, and the piper is ready for Stardew.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This, but unironically.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It really is insulting and outright hateful feeling that they release with such an amazing game and then... nothing? It's been months Nintendo, you can't ride the goodwill botw bought you forever. Time to pay the piper, and the piper is ready for Stardew.
Lol if you think Stardew on the Switch is gonna be a great game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What will you guys post about once Stardew Valley and Super Mario World are released for the Switch on ████████ ?

treiz01 posted:

Some of us have headphones that cost more than the Switch

____________/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will move on to continue asking about Ikaruga, I guess.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey when's that SMT game out I need to turn on my switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Norns posted:

Hey when's that SMT game out I need to turn on my switch

It doesn't even have a name yet

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

murked by dragon posted:

i want to play all of the [...] games; on the Switch

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I played a h*ck of a lot of Splatoon 2 over the weekend. It's a lot of fun. I think sometimes I get weird latency issues which leave me screaming at the tv but it's all good. I got up to Level 10 and played a bit of Ranked, which was a mixed bag. I caught the end of Splat Zones, which I didn't quite understand (as in, I don't know how to "capture" the zone). Then it switched to Tower Control, which is just CRAZY. I was just getting splatted instantly at first when approaching the Tower if it was under enemy control. I got a bit better with practice then.

I have Splatoon 1 but for whatever reason only played it the weekend it was released (tv wasn't available/I was busy, then something else came out which took my focus), so I never played any modes other than Turf War and a bit of the Single Player. I have 2 tvs now, and Handheld mode means I'll hopefully be playing it a lot more than 1 anyway.

Also I just checked the app and maaaaaaaan it's frustrating. Last night I wasn't really paying much attention to the results screen but I had a ton of losses where I was hitting 900+ points, but where we lost by a ton. How many points do you get for Splatting enemies?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Phantasium posted:

It doesn't even have a name yet

Well that's just stupid

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

The tinfoil conducts the sound directly into the bones in my ears :smug:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Cojawfee posted:

It doesn't on PC, so I doubt it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

It doesn't on PC, so I doubt it.
I can't believe how bad Nintendo are at online

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I just realized next month we also have Mario+Rabbids coming out. I still need to beat Zelda and it's DLC and play ARMS and Splatoon more

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will move on to continue asking about Ikaruga, I guess.

If this ever comes out I hope it comes with a vertical stand.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

splatoon did really well and sold a lot more than the first game so congratulations squids

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
woops

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

splatoon did really well and sold a lot more than the first game so congratulations squids
Do you mean it sold more in its opening few days?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Lol if you think Stardew on the Switch is gonna be a great game.

it's already a great game. doubt that'll change on the switch (especially since theyre adding multiplayer)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

a7m2 posted:

it's already a great game. doubt that'll change on the switch (especially since theyre adding multiplayer)
The PS4 port's controller support is bad and I doubt they'll change it now. The game was designed around kb/mouse. I mean it's still a great game on the surface but it's meant to be played on a PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Bill Barber posted:

The PS4 port's controller support is bad and I doubt they'll change it now. The game was designed around kb/mouse. I mean it's still a great game on the surface but it's meant to be played on a PC.

I played about 70 hours of it on PC with a 360 controller and it was totally fine?

• Locked thread