Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Littlefinger should scrounge up every penny to put a Faceless Man on Jon's boat, then blame Dany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
also lol at "the prince.....or princess that was promised. the high valyrian word for prince/princess has no gender you see"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Valonquar could be genderless too if that's true.

Also, I think Missandei/Grey Worm could go somewhere eventually. Maybe there will be some pivotal moment where he has to choose between saving Dany or saving Missandei and he chooses Missandei.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TOOT BOOT posted:

Valonquar could be genderless too if that's true.

It's possible. Some people float theories that, if it is 'little sister' instead of brother, could be Arya gets her wish.

The prince in the Prince that Was Promised prophecy has always been genderless, though. Aemon's dying scene has him explaining that dragons have no genders, he and Rhaegar had it all wrong, and he wishes he could go to Dany's side.

I'm still pissed they cut that from the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

Not that the horn isn't dumb.

It totally is but I'm discussing this poo poo with non-book readers and I can't be assed to remember what is or isn't in the show.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

normally I'm pretty forgiving of the show's castles being pretty drab relative to the crazy fantastical gimmick castles of the books, since I understand that they're limited by whatever real buildings they have available to shoot.

the Dragonstone exterior is just a big ol' matte painting, though, so I don't get why they couldn't go the full nine yards and give it crazy dragon statues for towers

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

i like this season and skip all the negative posts so it doesn't activate the angry portion of my brain by pointing out super obvious bad points, like how everyone has a color scheme to match their alignment

Isn't the wolf Arya met supposed to be Lady? Arya says 'That's not you, the wolf from season 1 episode 2 that I threw rocks at' and then winks at the camera.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*is dressed in shiny black*

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Brother Friendship posted:

i like this season and skip all the negative posts so it doesn't activate the angry portion of my brain by pointing out super obvious bad points, like how everyone has a color scheme to match their alignment

Isn't the wolf Arya met supposed to be Lady? Arya says 'That's not you, the wolf from season 1 episode 2 that I threw rocks at' and then winks at the camera.

lady got murdered by sean bean

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Trabandiumium posted:

lady got murdered by sean bean

dude lied about everything and insisted he be the one to kill the dog with no witnesses

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The "That's not you" is according to D&B a call back to a scene in season one where Ned lays out some pretty princess bullshit future for Arya and she says "That's not me!" Nymeria is a wild wolf now who has moved far beyond being a dutiful pet for Arya who would live in a castle with her and her family.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

normally I'm pretty forgiving of the show's castles being pretty drab relative to the crazy fantastical gimmick castles of the books, since I understand that they're limited by whatever real buildings they have available to shoot.

the Dragonstone exterior is just a big ol' matte painting, though, so I don't get why they couldn't go the full nine yards and give it crazy dragon statues for towers

i don't much care for the castle exteriors either way, dragonstone had big stone dragons w/e

they've never been exact matches for the books but who cares

spending their budgets on CGI dragons and not actors/writers pisses me off though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9fybxt8B4

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Klungar posted:

The "That's not you" is according to D&B a call back to a scene in season one where Ned lays out some pretty princess bullshit future for Arya and she says "That's not me!" Nymeria is a wild wolf now who has moved far beyond being a dutiful pet for Arya who would live in a castle with her and her family.

Like poetry, it rhymes. Thanks Dave Hill.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Klungar posted:

Maybe she will have green dreams now.

Also, didn't bran get to the wall in the last episode? How did he not make it to winterfell before jon left?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cmon. The poo poo with Nymeria is her beginning to recognize how hosed up she has become. They both turned into ravenous murdering assholes and neither one of them really recognizes each other. For all the lovely writing in the show that at least isn't that bad.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm pulling for a big Theon comeback

I mean it won't happen but whatever

I think Theon on the throne is one of the thematic choices I could see. It won't be, but I would be ok with that. Theon is actually the main character. He is ruled by jealousy and pride, which ultimately takes away his cock and birthright. But when he embraces his true cowardly reek self, he succeeds. He escapes, he saves fake Arya / Sansa. Reunites with his sister. Kills a bunch of fuckers then nopes out.

esperterra posted:

It's possible. Some people float theories that, if it is 'little sister' instead of brother, could be Arya gets her wish.

The prince in the Prince that Was Promised prophecy has always been genderless, though. Aemon's dying scene has him explaining that dragons have no genders, he and Rhaegar had it all wrong, and he wishes he could go to Dany's side.

I'm still pissed they cut that from the show.

As those of us reading Bakkar know, "little brother" is slang for penis. ergo: it is Cersei's vagina that causes her death.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
jon is not very good at measuring tongues

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

some guy on the bus posted:

Like poetry, it rhymes. Thanks Dave Hill.

They're so bad at character building and arcs. Grey Worm and Mel get whole minute long scenes. Meanwhile the Sansa and Jon conversation about sorry about treating you like poo poo your whole life also Bran isn't dead is just referred to.

edit: comedy option GRRM giving them poo poo notes because it would ruin the books he's never going to finish

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

my Gurm prediction is he will someday finish books 6 and 7

however, in the interim he will have discovered that he actually needs 9 books to complete his tale, and will die a third of the way through writing book 8

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Funny how there's only 6 Kingdoms in the show, apparently.

It'd make perfect sense for Dany to land in the Stormlands and join her forces with the Tyrell and Martel Sand's, but instead she decided to land in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and sit there with her dragons while she splits her troops and sends them to die in opposite sides of the continent.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Elman posted:

Funny how there's only 6 Kingdoms in the show, apparently.

It'd make perfect sense for Dany to land in the Stormlands and join her forces with the Tyrell and Martel Sand's, but instead she decided to land in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and sit there with her dragons while she splits her troops and sends them to die in opposite sides of the continent.

being fair, perhaps Dany doesn't know Cersei has access to Instant Martians and littlefinger's teleporter.

The invading coalition could conceivably wander around doing whatever they liked, if the show were reasonable about the forces and resources available to Cersei at this juncture (i.e., gently caress-all)

Though, come to think of it, Olenna must have teleporter access, if the leaks are correct and she is killed in the sack of Highgarden next episode. This knowledge should have been shared with her new allies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

because of the big dog this week the sack of highgarden is now literal

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

PupsOfWar posted:

however, in the interim he will have discovered that he actually needs 9 books to complete his tale, and will die a third of the way through writing book 8

This will probably actually happen.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if the show is even going to bother getting into poo poo like who built the wall and why. I think we'll be lucky if we even find out why the Others are coming south.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if the show is even going to bother getting into poo poo like who built the wall and why. I think we'll be lucky if we even find out why the Others are coming south.

The Wall was built by people, the Others are coming south to kill people because that's what they were created for.

You're welcome!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Elman posted:

The Wall was built by people, the Others are coming south to kill people because that's what they were created for.

You're welcome!

Yes they literally show the cotf creating the others in a bid to kill the first men

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

Though, come to think of it, Olenna must have teleporter access, if the leaks are correct and she is killed in the sack of Highgarden next episode. This knowledge should have been shared with her new allies.

I didn't read the leaks but how is that supposed to happen, aren't the Tyrells the backbone of Cersei's troops ? (hence how Olenna was able to impose Margery as the queen.)

...Oh wait, Euron is going to sail back across the whole continent in a day right ?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I didn't read the leaks but how is that supposed to happen, aren't the Tyrells the backbone of Cersei's troops ? (hence how Olenna was able to impose Margery as the queen.)

...Oh wait, Euron is going to sail back across the whole continent in a day right ?

Cersei pursuaded Lord Plot Convenience to provide his 20 good men to help out.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

RIP Bad Pussy. Or was she the one who survived?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Kuiperdolin posted:

RIP Bad Pussy. Or was she the one who survived?

Yeah bad pussy is the surviving snake.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah bad pussy is the surviving snake.

Obara died because she was too boring, Nymeria died because she has a better role on a trash Netflix show, bad pussy survives and probably somehow escapes (flashes Bronn again) and leads Dorne. Because otherwise there are no Dornish characters to lead the army.

Of course what will actually happen is Randyll Tarly will conquer Dorne offscreen for Cersei to make her seem more powerful and Dany weaker for the inevitable showdown.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Obara died because she was too boring, Nymeria died because she has a better role on a trash Netflix show, bad pussy survives and probably somehow escapes (flashes Bronn again) and leads Dorne. Because otherwise there are no Dornish characters to lead the army.

Of course what will actually happen is Randyll Tarly will conquer Dorne offscreen for Cersei to make her seem more powerful and Dany weaker for the inevitable showdown.

OMG you're right.

40 men are going to conquer the region that Aegon, his dragons, and 6 kingdoms couldn't conquer.

This show sucks so hard lmao

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I think that by showing the Tarly recruitment scene, they mean for us to assume that the majority of the Tyrells' vassals have defected

but even if most of their manpower deserts them and goes over to Cersei, there's gonna be an awful lot of teleportation involved in the Lannisters' coming campaign to conquer the reach and dorne

plus discounting what are presumably very strong thousands-of-years-old fortifications and dorne's natural barriers

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Why would anyone bother taking Dorne in the first place.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I am irrationally angry that we were denied a shot of Grey Worm's mangled mound.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Why would anyone bother taking Dorne in the first place.

send your worst troops to die on the march and remind the competent ones what they can look forward to if they don't keep in shape

ruddiger posted:

I am irrationally angry that we were denied a shot of Grey Worm's mangled mound.

well i like him and didn't really want to see any of that

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirKibbles posted:

edit: comedy option GRRM giving them poo poo notes because it would ruin the books he's never going to finish

You know he poo poo those notes out, like a kid finishing his homework on the way to school. There was no way those existed before the HBO deal.

PupsOfWar posted:

This is 100% true. Not even a question that he needs at least 9 books to wrap this poo poo up decently. It is also not a question that he will die before the books are completed.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

OMG you're right.

40 men are going to conquer the region that Aegon, his dragons, and 6 kingdoms couldn't conquer.

This show sucks so hard lmao

God I forgot the "20 good men" thing. loving lol.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

If those old leaks continue to be correct, Euron slowly poisons the last Sand Snake because he's the new Ramsay as karmic punishment for her mother doing the same to Cersei's daughter. No word if she does indeed flash Bronn one more time.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Night King blows up the wall. Out of nowhere Euron comes flying off the top of the wall on a boat on fire and shanks the Others with a dragonglass axe.

Probably the best way for the show to end tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

kcroy posted:

You know he poo poo those notes out, like a kid finishing his homework on the way to school. There was no way those existed before the HBO deal.

This is 100% true. Not even a question that he needs at least 9 books to wrap this poo poo up decently. It is also not a question that he will die before the books are completed.

God I forgot the "20 good men" thing. loving lol.

Oh I know that's what makes it funny. " Eh uhhhh arya travels for a bit, most of the Martells are dead, Dany nude more maybe? Because he gotta she Emiila Clarke naked the gently caress. And yeah it's a least 3 more books remember AFFC and ADWD are one book split into two because they couldn't bind that many pages (and he's a lazy gently caress who can't write none.)

How could you forget 20 good men? It's so funny.

Urdnot Fire posted:

If those old leaks continue to be correct, Euron slowly poisons the last Sand Snake because he's the new Ramsay as karmic punishment for her mother doing the same to Cersei's daughter. No word if she does indeed flash Bronn one more time.

It's kind of hosed that the one Sand Snake that doesn't show up is the black one

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 26, 2017