Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

[quote="“MotU”" post="“474653424”"]
extremely bucktoothedly: she NEEEEEEEEEDS to find some tits
[/quote]

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Fuckin love the Kevin Dunn by way of alex greenfield TITSS!! line and will never be upset when someone references it

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I feel left out. What is the reference?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

I feel left out. What is the reference?

Former wwe writer posted a lengthy comment on this article: https://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/7/1/5857390/hi-my-name-is-kevin-dunn#243156405

quote:

Case in point, one of the big rubs on KD: he’s a misogynist influence on the product. I can tell you this is absolutely true and I learned it almost from jump street. One of the long term stories I’m most proud of from my time at WWE was being the principal producer on the Trish Stratus/Mickie James “Single White Female” story. There’s no humble in the brag when I say we grabbed the audience by the throat by a couple weeks into the angle and our quarter-hour ratings bore that out.

The first time we were given a crossover segment because the story was getting over, KD fought it tooth and nail. He fought us every week. Show was heavy? KD wanted to cut Trish/Mickie. “Temple of Trish” segment? KD argued that we needed more action and people would get bored. Lesbian kiss? “Trish has gotta like it!” Every single element, he wanted both protagonist and villain to be sexier and stupider.

Perhaps the following scene will be more instructive. You are on the WWE corporate jet. Imagine every rock star plane in any movie: four captain’s chairs facing each other in the front. Behind them, two benches facing each other across the aisle on which are crammed the writers. The captains? Vince, KD, Michael Hayes, HHH (Steph was on maternity leave, of Hayes would have been on the bench). We’re flying back from TV after taping one of the early WWECW shows. Kelly Kelly has just been introduced as the domestic [violence] partner of Mike Knox.

Hayes: She just feels cold, you know? She’s not connecting.
Vince: Mm. She needs to find her sensuality.

KD hops up and down in seat with sniggering laughter in that “Hey, boss, pay attention to me” way. Vince turns to him.

KD: She NEEEEDS to find some TITS!

KD continues to snicker, eyes on Vince, begging for approval. Vince snorts. Conversation continues.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Writer Cath posted:

Hey, fellow photographer!

We need to start the photographer world order!

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Hah wow. KD truly is a piece of poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Hah wow. KD truly is a piece of poo poo.

To be "fair" to Dunn, after reading that post, WWE's entire corporate culture is essentially In the Company of Wrestlemen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

extremely bucktoothedly: she NEEEEEEEEEDS to find some tits

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/889602619173466113

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/889618526453071873

This isn't the drugs talking she's right.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Was the drug comments actually necessary though

dayjib
Jan 15, 2017
Paige made a tweet about coming back. Now charges pending of course, is there even remotely a chance she comes back? I severely doubt it but if she is, It's bound to be soon.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dayjib posted:

Paige made a tweet about coming back. Now charges pending of course, is there even remotely a chance she comes back? I severely doubt it but if she is, It's bound to be soon.

It's still wrestling right?

:shrug:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

...and the pitch! posted:

It's still wrestling right?

:shrug:

As long as she didn't try to hold Vince McMahon up for money at some point

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
and even still

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Was the drug comments actually necessary though

It's a good reminder since despite the last two years Paige's run starting in NXT and that match in particular were super loving important and a lot of people might look over, forget, or just not know that

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pretty sure the movie means Paige is coming back unless she gets a third strike or equivalent. They could always put her on the bench like Summer or Emma until the movie advertising starts up.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Glad you brought that up, was thinking about that, see. Maybe Vince called The Rock up with a sweet deal, a Faustian bargain of sorts. Vince was growing frustrated with his lost investments on both Paige and Alberto and decided to collect. He fired Alberto and let Paige go free for her "body to heal," a thing they never do, like they'd be forcing her to travel along and host Smackdown Live with Jeert lawyer and stuff.

So Vince knew man, he knew it all, he knew about the Ninja Turtle. He knew about the cocaine and the drinks thatd get thrown. He foresaw the failed Doobies Doghouse Del Rio restaurant, the anger it'd cause, man let me tell you he saw it all: so he tells rock, right, "I've got a deal you can't pass up."

Now, if you've seen the Paige movie they got coming out, it seems like a total farce. Whys this movie happening? I was there, my friends. I was there in the Los Angeles Staple Center that night when they did it. the Rock came out I look into his eyes

Vince set Paige loose with Del Rio when she was most vulnerable, tossing her to the dogs man. Why! Cause he made a deal with the Rock. This girls got an inspiring story, See. The baby fetus Wrestler story, the wacky Carny background, young with the world ahead of her. Vince sold the stock to Rock low man but it was insider trading. The roided up wrestler and the vulnerable young woman set loose to the wilds beyond WWE with a mountain of drugs - it's a story Vince has seen time and time again. So much so that he's predicted it down to a science, Paige has within 3 years....

Don't you get it? The Rocks gonna "recalibrate" the scope of the licensed Paige movie to be about the cost of the debilitating drug epidemic destroying America. The movie will provide the groundswell of support necessary to win the Rust Belt and ensure a Supermajority for President Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in 2020. Paige, Trump, Del Rio, even Linda - they were all just pawns in Vince's ultimate goal of putting the People's Champ in power. If ya smellelelelelelelelellelelelel

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Aw son of a bitch!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/889957553240592384

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/890182126477467649

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oh I should smile more? gross. how about i smile when i want to, dude?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/tufayel/status/890230171109793796

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I didn't watch the vid. Was there more than a drink throwing?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I didn't watch the vid. Was there more than a drink throwing?

The drink would be enough I think, assault is a super broad charge

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

C'mon man I think she's super too but enough with the sexist terms

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Broads don’t belong in broadcasting —Kevin Dunn, probably

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Why, that's a terrible thing. I don't know how many times I've told those boys, "never call chicks broads."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Settle down, Bevis.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Settle down, Bevis.

She'd like to but Alberto's gotta get divorced first.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Mob posted:

C'mon man I think she's super too but enough with the sexist terms

They're takin it back.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bevis has replaced Hickenbottom as the real wrestler last name that makes me snicker the most when I hear it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Tato posted:

Bevis has replaced Hickenbottom as the real wrestler last name that makes me snicker the most when I hear it.

If you haven’t read it D-Bry’s book has a story of training at Shawn’s school (which was really his mom’s house) and Shawn getting frustrated at trying to teach people how to go up for a backdrop. He’s not supposed to take bumps because, you know, his back just exploded. He gives up and goes up himself to demonstrate. He takes the back bump and from the other room his mom yells SHANE MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Per PWInsider:

quote:

Last night, Keith McMahon, the attorney for Alberto el Patron and Paige, took to Twitter to post pictures of what was stated to be a case report related to the 7/9 Orlando, Florida airport incident involving each of his clients.

In the report, which listed Jose Rodriguez (Patron) as the victim, it was noted that there were no drugs or alcohol involved in the incident.

Interesting to note that McMahon, in the same posting, attacked the media for "false reports" from "untrained reporters" not doing their due dilligence. It should be noted that PWInsider.com first broke the story on 7/11 and that all of our reporting since then was backed by official statements and quotes from representatives of the Orlando and San Antonio Police Departments. Obviously, we stand by our reporting.

McMahon also stated that there was no "physical harm" and "no arrests" and categorized the situation as "an argument between a couple that others exploited."

https://twitter.com/keithrtw/status/890405883729129472

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
McMahon!? IT'S A WORK BROTHER

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Codependent Poster posted:

Settle down, Bevis.

C. Everett Koop posted:

She'd like to but Alberto's gotta get divorced first.
Underrated

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

McMahon!? IT'S A WORK BROTHER

A lawyer representing both not is a MASSIVE conflict of interest.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

Beep boop does not compute

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

IT WAS ME, BEVIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004