Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

A submachine gun is an automatic carbine (from the ground up) that fires a pistol caliber cartridge. Pistols and other sidearms can fire pistol caliber cartridges, but the ROF is irrelevant in a classification sense.

This is also different from select fire carbines, which are designed to fire light rifle rounds or even full size rifle rounds. For example the M2 carbine.

This why guns like a Colt 9mm are SMGs but not carbines. It gets a little fuzzier and I'm out of my element but a comparable civilian semi automatic 9mm is a subgun and no longer a rifle. And then you further run into situations where a rifle can be modified to fire pistol rounds or even rimfire rounds.

Long story short, a full auto sidearm is not an SMG.

Sir, this a Post Golden Age McDonalds Drive through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The beam weapon must be absolute poo poo, otherwise the PvP would be dominated by beams, and I don't see any popular game doing that. 100% garantee.

As if the PvPers get a count kill ghost, can us pvers get a pistol that fire fireworks?, please?

Totally agreed that with the dude that said that we are in a "jump the shark" moment here. Good perhaps.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Beam weapon is probably fine for dpsing a boss. Who cares if it's good or poo poo. Just shoot cunts.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Tei posted:

The beam weapon must be absolute poo poo, otherwise the PvP would be dominated by beams, and I don't see any popular game doing that. 100% garantee.

As if the PvPers get a count kill ghost, can us pvers get a pistol that fire fireworks?, please?

Totally agreed that with the dude that said that we are in a "jump the shark" moment here. Good perhaps.

Its just a damage of time weapon like a super fast firing auto rifle with a different animation.

It's going to be nothing special or anything to worry about.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Now I can cosplay my Destiny murderbot as Zarya. Thanks Bungie :downsbravo:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

We actually are!

Nobody has made any actual practical suggestions until today. Well other than "Big Delicious Sticky Muffins"

In joke wise we are keeping the KINK tag though.

My unironic suggestion is Popular Interplanetary Space Shooter

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

apparently every preorder is gonna get the kill-tracker ghost. congrats everyone :shrug:

e: and like coldheart, gonna be lootable starting December 5th

AAB fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 27, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The kill count for mine will be forever at "1", representing Bungie killing Destiny

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The kill count for mine will be forever at "1", representing Bungie killing Destiny

That's deep.

I'm aiming for 69 in pvp and 420 for pve

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bone Krew, home of the original moana'

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

please dont anyone post the gamestop exclusive destiny 2 fidget spinner

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of videos but they won't be any where near as exciting as full speed titan skating while laying watse with last word and pulling off a drag scope and slamming the last guy.

It will be more holding position and team shotting this dude from medium range with a pulse.

I think that if they're going to move so many weapons to the power weapon slot and allow only one person to benefit from collecting ammo, they need to put way more of them around maps on different cooldown timers so there's more diversity to engagements and interesting stuff happening. They need to do something to compensate for less abilities/supers etc. going off, and even Halo had power weapons spread out everywhere to keep things exciting. That recent survival mode reveal with one power weapon pack in the middle looked so boring, everyone was doing exactly what you described.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

I think that if they're going to move so many weapons to the power weapon slot and allow only one person to benefit from collecting ammo, they need to put way more of them around maps on different cooldown timers so there's more diversity to engagements and interesting stuff happening. They need to do something to compensate for less abilities/supers etc. going off, and even Halo had power weapons spread out everywhere to keep things exciting. That recent survival mode reveal with one power weapon pack in the middle looked so boring, everyone was doing exactly what you described.

This is the future liberals want

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...
How about them oracles right guys? That vault of glass was a tough one.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
For the guy from tonight's raid that's actually traveling to Disney World to see Moana, here's the Discord link.

https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Take a selfie with Gaston for us.

(for the record I'm 90% sure he was dead serious)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Nah, that's probably that Waffle House fellow

And don't forget it.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

I'll even teach you how to get your own tax stamp and PEW PEWS

Is there a PS4 clan that is not people jacking off their penis surrogates over a children's cartoon? I'd really prefer real penises being jacked off on real men but I'd need to go to xbox for that :(

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sir, this a Post Golden Age McDonalds Drive through

When I was kinda homeless as a teen I lived with a friend of mine whose parents were a gun obsessed fat old man who wandered around in his stained tighty whities and a middle aged woman who was obsessed with disney memorabilia. She was somewhat of a hoarder and also had crates of beanie babies laying around. She always wanted to go to disneyland but she never had the cash. Ironically she'd drop $100+ dollars a week at the local hallmark store on chinese plastic shaped like disney princesses.
OFC she had the tinkerbell sticker on her lovely SUV's rear window and the point of this story is... Totoro do you have a stupid tinkerbell sticker and a glittery licence plate frame that says something like "Disney Princesss" or "My other carriage is a pumpkin"?

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 27, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

kzin602 posted:

Is there a PS4 clan that is not people jacking off their penis surrogates over a children's cartoon? I'd really prefer real penises being jacked off on real men but I'd need to go to xbox for that :(

Yes you're welcome to join Touch of Phall us, but I'll be migrating to the new clan, Sects with Miners later today.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Sects with Miners related to Sects and Violins

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

Is Sects with Miners related to Sects and Violins

No! And WakeDGN stole my gimmick when he created that clan

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

kzin602 posted:

Yes, here's the link to our Discord. You may have us confused with a different clan. https://discord.gg/s3bu43s

My car has a Destiny decal on the back and people ask me if it's some kind of yin yang Asian thing, so I guess that's kinda like Disney?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Sparrows > Canoes

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Insane Totoro posted:

My car has a Destiny decal on the back and people ask me if it's some kind of yin yang Asian thing, so I guess that's kinda like Disney?

:chloe:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Insane Totoro posted:

Yes, here's the link to our Discord. You may have us confused with a different clan. https://discord.gg/s3bu43s

at least have the decency to die on your giant shitpile hill, imo

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Insane Totoro posted:

Just tell them you're doing your part and showing support for Autism Awareness/rights via your sweet fidget spinner decal.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 27, 2017

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
What happened to goon button pressers? I haven't watched a Disney movie since Star Wars and I don't give a poo poo about real life guns so I just want a normal clan I can play with for like 4 weeks and then burn out and never touch it again

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

What happened to goon button pressers? I haven't watched a Disney movie since Star Wars and I don't give a poo poo about real life guns so I just want a normal clan I can play with for like 4 weeks and then burn out and never touch it again

ignore all the stupid drama and bad posting, join totoro's clan on the PS4 if you want to chill and shoot mans

edit: button pressers is dead as far as I know

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Have you converted it to D2 Totoro?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I used to be co-founder or whatever of a clan called Wife Swap. It had some of the legitimately worst Destiny players I've ever known. I surpassed them all in skill and left.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

texaholic posted:

ignore all the stupid drama and bad posting, join totoro's clan on the PS4 if you want to chill and shoot mans

edit: button pressers is dead as far as I know

Alright cool, that's pretty much all I'm after. I'll check it out when we get closer to launch

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother's buying a ps4 so I'm back on consoles. :toot:

quote:

I get that shotguns dominated a lot in pvp on Destiny 1 but boy it sure sucks having them as a power weapon and shoulder charge being a lame cooldown because half the fun of being a striker was just bullrushing everywhere and punching aliens in the dinkles.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I was prepared to roll goon for D2 but this thread highlights the scariness that is PS4 poons, so instead sought out a large, public clan for a) the clan specific loot stream which I want to get the absolute best return on for how much time I'll be putting in, and b) the massive pool of dedicated players to jump in with at any time.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Joined your dumb cartoon clan! Lookin forward to September. Game comes out the day after my moped rally so I'm gonna be really hungover and useless!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Have you converted it to D2 Totoro?

We are, as far as we know, are configured correctly for when migration occurs; opted for the 100-player-capped "Clan" option.

How! posted:

Joined your dumb cartoon clan! Lookin forward to September. Game comes out the day after my moped rally so I'm gonna be really hungover and useless!

Welcome! We're complaining about the veracity of different Hand Cannons right now, feel free to hop in. :v:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tei posted:

yall are worrying about nothing lol

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Joined the Disney clan as well, consequences be damned. I just don't wanna have to use Destiny LFG ever again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

I was prepared to roll goon for D2 but this thread highlights the scariness that is PS4 poons, so instead sought out a large, public clan for a) the clan specific loot stream which I want to get the absolute best return on for how much time I'll be putting in, and b) the massive pool of dedicated players to jump in with at any time.

Good luck with that!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Also that was a p good "I'm not owned" post

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Lotta nerds triggered by Disney itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I just wanna know if we're gonna fight Light-enhanced Cabal. I want to see Bungie try something different, I don't wanna shoot minotaurs, big minotaurs and biggest minotaurs forever