Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sporting Gijon attacking mid Victor Rodriguez linked to Sounders, rumors that a transfer is imminent. https://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders-trades-transfers-rumors/2017/7/26/16034168/victor-rodriguez-sporting-gijon-rumor

This theoretically would be in addition to Derlis Gonzalez, who was subbed out late in Dynamo Kiev's 3-1 win over Young Boys today and is rumored to be flying to the US to sign a contract early in the morning.

Not sure how Seattle would take two new international players at once or where they'd fit into the lineup without selling someone, but MLS gonna MLS. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
We could probably trade TAM (which we apparently have a ton of) for an international spot. New England is only using 3 of their spots. That would be the only roster limitation, since we have 4 senior spots open at the moment.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I think the logical conclusion is to disband Atlanta United and bankrupt Deadspin.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Good luck with the lawsuit dude

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So I guess Philly is going to stay below the red line this year.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Poor Clint Dempsey; so close, yet so far away.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
LA Times journo on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/890589057159385088

It would be hilariously ironic if Sigi's midseason hiring saves the Galaxy the year after Sigi's midseason firing saved the Sounders.

(though honestly signing Lodeiro saved the Sounders)

edit: oh wow, literally a year and a day after he was fired and LA play Seattle on the weekend? Who is scripting this season? I owe them a beer.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 27, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And maybe in this case it'll be JDS that saves them

(I hope not, gently caress the Galaxy)

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

And maybe in this case it'll be JDS that saves them

(I hope not, gently caress the Galaxy)

I hope so, but we only got rid of one problem. We're still stuck with a first team made up primarily of LA2 players and old guys. Still gotta figure out how to polish this turd roster into at least a playoff turd.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

Who is scripting this season? I owe them a beer.

The Marquis de Sade, I think.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The news keeps coming:

https://twitter.com/GoalUSA/status/890606662184075264

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
HEY DC UNITED loving DO SOMETHING ALREADY YOU SHITHEADS

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Dallan Invictus posted:

LA Times journo on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/890589057159385088

It would be hilariously ironic if Sigi's midseason hiring saves the Galaxy the year after Sigi's midseason firing saved the Sounders.

(though honestly signing Lodeiro saved the Sounders)

edit: oh wow, literally a year and a day after he was fired and LA play Seattle on the weekend? Who is scripting this season? I owe them a beer.

Good for Sigi. I mean, I don't want him to win against the Sounders or anything, but he gave us a lot of great years.i hope he does well there (when they're not playing against the Sounders).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

The news keeps coming:

Aaaaand it's official:

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/890628052463501312

Probably good that the coach is their first signing, to be honest. I feel kinda sorry for Kenwyne Jones, he was going to be The Guy and then Atlanta went and hired Tata, who brought in an army of tiny South Americans to completely upstage him.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 27, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

binge crotching posted:

So I guess Philly is going to stay below the red line this year.

gently caress da gold cup

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hey remember when you thought you were better off than DC

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Aww, baby has hope

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Those hires are both loving cool, Bob Bradley owns and deserves another chance, and I love me some Sigi (although I wish it was a team I liked better than LAG).

And here I am F5ing Dynamo Kiev news. Cmon Derlis! Apparently he's staying with Kiev at least through the second leg of the UCL qualifier, which is 8/2.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Aww, baby has hope

I know it's an alien feeling to you, but it feels kinda good over here.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Hey Portland fans, do you remember this guy at all? From what I can see he's a depth player with little time as a professional and not much to show. Classic Rapids signing.

https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/status/891364459482161152

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Hope you stayed away today Fancy. What the gently caress was that.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

joshtothemaxx posted:

Hope you stayed away today Fancy. What the gently caress was that.

I was at a wedding in a forest park, no signal, no data, just lovely people dancing badly and a rousing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody (or "BoRhap," as the bride described it). It was a great day. I regret nothing. And I regretted nothing BEFORE seeing the score.

Guillotine them all.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Not MLS but hey it's US soccer related...

Apparently some crazy fucker made the 27-hour drive from Indianapolis just so he can see Indy Eleven play in Edmonton. Surely there's more efficient ways to see your favorite futboal team

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Crazy Ted posted:

Not MLS but hey it's US soccer related...

Apparently some crazy fucker made the 27-hour drive from Indianapolis just so he can see Indy Eleven play in Edmonton. Surely there's more efficient ways to see your favorite futboal team

Oh word, is that all

Seeing the continent from a car is one of the most fun things in the world, and everyone who believes otherwise either hasn't done it or had a terrible road trip partner.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hey guys. Did you see us not suck tonight? Because I sure did. Did you see Jermaine Jones play like the Jermaine Jones he thinks he is? I did. We also held onto the ball and passed it. Gyasi played better than he has all year.

We. Did. Not. gently caress. Up.

:)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh word, is that all

Seeing the continent from a car is one of the most fun things in the world, and everyone who believes otherwise either hasn't done it or had a terrible road trip partner.
I've done Minneapolis to Boston via I94-I80 et. al, and then back through Vermont, Quebec, Ontario, and Windsor on through Michigan and as much I don't think I'd ever be capable of doing that again myself, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Hey guys. Did you see us not suck tonight? Because I sure did. Did you see Jermaine Jones play like the Jermaine Jones he thinks he is? I did. We also held onto the ball and passed it. Gyasi played better than he has all year.

We. Did. Not. gently caress. Up.

:)

Man, if that's Zardes at his best this year then I'd hate to watch him at his worst. He looked awful.

I keep telling myself that a road point in LA is a fine result, but LA is not good this year and the Sounders looked so disappointingly limp with their starters after being so direct without them. Maybe they just need some desperation to take some risks? It seems when the full strength squad is out there this year their attack is entirely crosses from Joevin Jones, and it never seems to do anything dangerous.

There is definitely something wrong with Lodeiro too, and I don't know what it is. He lacks that creative spark he showed last year.

Ah well, the point helps and rumors are the team is making a signing this week. Here's hoping for a big splash.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Man, if that's Zardes at his best this year then I'd hate to watch him at his worst. He looked awful.

Was gonna post this, he's a loving donkey.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Although I didn't get to watch the match because I was selling beer tickets, a point in Texas in July is more than I expected.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Hey Portland fans, do you remember this guy at all? From what I can see he's a depth player with little time as a professional and not much to show. Classic Rapids signing.

https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/status/891364459482161152

Fochive was relatively solid for a depth midfielder. I don't think anybody here wanted him to go, but he and the team parted ways so he could get playing time.

highme fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 30, 2017

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Also he stood next to us at the cup final and was like a mom watching her kids play soccer. It was awesome.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:smith:

https://twitter.com/herculezg/status/891705117455642624

He will be around for the rest of the season at least.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

:smith:

https://twitter.com/herculezg/status/891705117455642624

He will be around for the rest of the season at least.

Balls. But, not surprising, he's not making much right now. Great that he's finishing out the season, and best of luck to him in the long run.

Hopefully he starts trying something other than crosses into opposing shirts for the rest of the season.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So all the DCU news dropped this evening.

1) We actually pursued Wayne Rooney. It didn't exactly go well.

2) We're in serious talks with Nigel de Jong. Hide your ankles, bitches.

3) Ownership actually IS trying to sell, which is awesome. They reached out to Ted Leonsis (Wiz/Caps/Mystics/40% of Arena Football) which would be legit incredible. They also reached out to Dan Snyder.

If they sell United to Dan Snyder, I'm out. I'll support Baltimore, I'll support Philly, I'll get ten friends and suck in some NPSL feeder league. I don't care. But Jesus Christ that would be everything awful in the world.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I wouldn't even wish Dan Snyder on the Timbers. :stonk:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Adding De Jong and Dan Snyder sounds about right

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
De Jong owns, you can't tell me otherwise.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
isn't de jong poo poo in addition to being a poo poo

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

bewbies posted:

isn't de jong poo poo in addition to being a poo poo

He's very good, especially for MLS.

He's just in a perpetual state of suspension for trying to separate other player's feet from their legs every game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gigi Galli posted:

De Jong owns, you can't tell me otherwise.

De Jong owns...

liability for countless snapped shins, yes. gently caress that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Sounds like a bunch of whiny babies don't like it up em.

• Locked thread