Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

I'd be holding onto my torn-apart finger and be screaming "AHHHH! AAHHHH! I DONT REGRET DOING THAT AT ALL!!!"

Don't let dismemberment stop your dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/m_yosry2012/status/889896340326633472

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Tortoises confirmed not replicants.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Old people on the internet :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7zBzZs4d8U

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
A bunch of bunnies find a novel way to escape flooding https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/95087758/rabbits-in-otago-ride-out-of-flood-on-woolly-sheep

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slime posted:

Tortoises confirmed not replicants.

:ocelot::frog:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
https://twitter.com/masa_frog/status/889757541550366721

https://twitter.com/o00olou3uly/status/789187702851710976

:kimchi:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/889991013938364421

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

drat that gecko crazy thicc

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/dodo/status/889486343276904449

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seals are learning to weaponise their adorability.

How smart and social are they? I wonder sometimes if seals and/or sea lions would be aquatic equivalents of dogs if humans lived in/around water all the time.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Inescapable Duck posted:

Seals are learning to weaponise their adorability.

How smart and social are they? I wonder sometimes if seals and/or sea lions would be aquatic equivalents of dogs if humans lived in/around water all the time.

Smart enough to be trainable; they're usually the backbone of aquatic shows, since most places can't afford the facilities for larger marine life.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/moonsmoothie/status/890005593947230210

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Look at this good orb.

https://twitter.com/zboah/status/890233881290575877

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Take drugs. Snuggle a bear.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

That puppy fur sure looks snuggly :3

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Perestroika posted:

Oh my god, I don't think I've ever seen a dog throw an honest-to-god tantrum before. :allears: :3:

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOmKpQeqw6U

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

From the related videos (same dog)

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Mr Boods' 1000 year old kitty has finally gone on his way west. He'd been slowing down and winding up over the past few weeks, and then in this last week was really drawing things to a close. Last two weeks or so, he was mostly off his food, the way very old people get, but still liked having his cat-milk and of course enjoying a bit of veg every night when we had our tea; two night before he left, he enjoyed a stringbean and a small prawn off my sandwich, for example. He reached a point where he wasn't very active, but insisted on going outside to sit in the garden from the time I got up til after dark, meatloafed, and slowly following the sun around the back lawn all day like some ancient feline sundial. In the evenings, we'd put him up on the sofa with us, and he'd purr like a mad bastard, happy to nestle on the cushions.

His last full day, it tipped down with rain, but he still insisted on going out. He spent the entire day like this

Every day these past few weeks, I've been the first one downstairs, as always, and always surprised to see him waking up on the sofa, ready for his breakfast and little turn around the garden. 'You still alive?' I'd ask, and the furry bastard would bite me on the hand.

The last morning, this past Monday, when I went downstairs he was on his side, breathing shallowly, unmoving, but when I got down on the floor to smooth him, he started to purr and gave a weak toe clench -- clenching his toes when he was happy was one of his things. We had some cuddles and purrs, and then he drifted off. I wonder if the little dude hung on for one last hello and goodbye. By the time Mr Boods was up and got the basket, Mr Kitty was comatose. Mr Boods took him to our local vets and they helped him along. He's buried out in the garden now under his favourite lily, wrapped in an old shirt and bedded down on a horrible bit of felt that was part of his catbed, his nasty cloth mouse and a table tennis ball tucked into his paws.

I only knew Mr Kitty for a few years, but he stepped up to the plate and turned into a loyal mama's boy after my cat was killed. He was a good boy. :britain:

Enjoy Mr Kitty here in his prime.

Here he is looking like an idiot

Here's some Bert I Gordon-style forced perspective, as it appears that he's mounting Mr Boods' old Citroen XM, itself a giant car.

Can't be arsed about Crimble

He's left a pretty big hole in my daily routine, as well as being a stress buster from student shite. His pal and our neighbour cat Gus has come by daily, knowing something is up and doing his best to fill the gap.

Cheers for all the good cute animals and stories in this thread. Contemplating asking to have my user name changed to Ms (Snox) Boods.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Mr Kitty looks and sounds like he was a good kitty, Ms Boods. Sorry for your and Mr Boods's loss.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I can tell you really cared for Mr. Kitty a lot. I'm sure he could tell too. Sorry for your loss.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm sorry for your loss. What a beautiful memorial you've written.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Cheers, all -- it's been a rough week, but he was over 20 years old (!), and I like to think that even though it's rough with him gone, he had a good, full life. He was mostly blind, completely deaf, and more than slightly demented in his last six months or so, but he always knew when it was chicken o'clock, and God help you if he sniffed out your prawn sandwich. Nothing wrong with his nose, at all.

It was just time to go as he was one tired old man, and eat bugs and things in kitty Valhalla, the daft old bugger :unsmith:

(No idea why, but Mr Boods, who's a soft southern lad from Kent, would talk to him exclusively in a Scouse accent).

Mr Boods wants to have a bit of time to mourn, but I'm hoping he'll think about finding a new kitty friend for Gus.

Here's Gus, by the way -- he loving loved Mr Kitty, who regularly beat the poo poo out of him, and was still hissing and swatting at him even in this last week. Gus always came back for more; he adored my cat, and then tried to be friends on a daily basis with Mr Kitty.

(he's in our kitchen recycling box because God knows why, but it's his current thing).

And Mr Kitty with the brick he adopted a couple of weeks ago.

Finally -- as mentioned, he liked going into the garden in all weathers towards the end; dunno if you can make it out, but this was the result of him sat outside on a super misty morning about two weeks ago. He's covered all over with tiny drops of dew.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
idgi

who needs covers, just sleep in your pyjamas the dogs will provide warms

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ms Boods posted:

Cheers, all -- it's been a rough week, but he was over 20 years old (!), and I like to think that even though it's rough with him gone, he had a good, full life. He was mostly blind, completely deaf, and more than slightly demented in his last six months or so, but he always knew when it was chicken o'clock, and God help you if he sniffed out your prawn sandwich. Nothing wrong with his nose, at all.

It was just time to go as he was one tired old man, and eat bugs and things in kitty Valhalla, the daft old bugger :unsmith:

(No idea why, but Mr Boods, who's a soft southern lad from Kent, would talk to him exclusively in a Scouse accent).

Mr Boods wants to have a bit of time to mourn, but I'm hoping he'll think about finding a new kitty friend for Gus.

Here's Gus, by the way -- he loving loved Mr Kitty, who regularly beat the poo poo out of him, and was still hissing and swatting at him even in this last week. Gus always came back for more; he adored my cat, and then tried to be friends on a daily basis with Mr Kitty.

(he's in our kitchen recycling box because God knows why, but it's his current thing).

Finally -- as mentioned, he liked going into the garden in all weathers towards the end; dunno if you can make it out, but this was the result of him sat outside on a super misty morning about two weeks ago. He's covered all over with tiny drops of dew.

What a good boy. I'm sorry for your loss, but it looks like he lived an amazing life.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Ms Boods posted:

His last full day, it tipped down with rain, but he still insisted on going out. He spent the entire day like this

What a good old man. :unsmith:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"What, it's raining? I'm not going to interrupt my routine for this. Grumble grumble this is bullshit grumble grumble"

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/kufbTZl.gifv

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Ms Boods posted:

He was a wise old man :kimchi: :unsmith:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

:grumble: double post -- soz -- see below.

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Jul 27, 2017

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Ms Boods posted:

Cheers for the kind words; he was a good boy, that's for sure. His littermate and sister Tiny Cat died a couple years ago, and he's buried next to her. She has a small rose bush over her grave, and the day we put him under the lilies, her small rose bush had five fist-sized, fragrant pink and white roses on it :unsmith: It's been raining on and off today, and we were astonished this afternoon to have a gigantic yellow and black dragonfly show up in the garden and zoom all around the cats' spot. I haven't seen a dragonfly since I moved over here five years ago, and I'm used to seeing the shimmery blue-green ones you get in marshes and along streams on the East Coast.

Google tells me it was a golden-ringed dragonfly. It were purdy, at any rate.

Meanwhile, Gus was running around the back garden earlier like a dickhead, dragging one of my beat-up cloth shoes around.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

"What, it's raining? I'm not going to interrupt my routine for this. Grumble grumble this is bullshit grumble grumble"

This is an accurate observation. He was old, he was deaf, he had trouble with his plumbing, but gently caress you if you didn't get the back door open fast enough for him to stagger outside to sit in the garden these past couple of weeks.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/VoiR8ZV.gifv

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Sure it looks good now, but I wouldn't want to be in that pile when the garbage man drives past.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Hey. You lookin' at my girlfriend?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/CincinnatiZoo/status/890648270443130880

Advanced Pallas Technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU