Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Can't wait to play this on the pc with my ps4 dualshock!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Can't wait to play this on the pc with my ps4 dualshock!!!!!

You should get a xim

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Call 1-800 XIM XIM now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Don't flim flam the xim xam

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Xim/Xur/Xem

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QlGmv8-5c

Seems like they've made the world a bit more interesting/fruitful to be in outside of missions/strikes/etc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Interesting/fruitful? Sounds like my rear end.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
So they added the WoW: legion Emissary stuff to destiny?
cool

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks like there's a Rare (blue) elemental bullet hose in the beta. Lucky and butt wipe are playing with a guy who has it.

Oops wrong thread Oh well there ya go

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
The beta was good, but nothing stellar.

I am glad to get destiny on PC finally but I don't think I'll be double dipping into xbone like I thought I was.

Looking forward to catching you all in game on bnet though.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

I played a lot of Destiny on PS4 but never got to try any raids, looking forward to getting on discord/mumble and doing them with you guys this time around.

This game will be good right?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the raids in d1 are still fun even if you play with randoms.

one time i needed to do vault of glass for a quest and since it was a super outdated raid i couldn't get enough people from any one pug site, so i gathered a ragtag team of 2 japanese players, a brit, and an american. it was a blast.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love raiding in d1, I loving love raiding. But raiding with randos is like eating soup from a public toilet. Dont do it if you want to preserve your sanity.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
they're great in japan though. my friends mostly stopped playing by the time kings fall hard mode came around, so i ran that with jp groups and it was always smooth. some of them were cleared with no voice chat, all hand signals.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
now that i think about it it's kind of a common theme in mmo-ish games ive played

like when twintania was the hardest raid in ff14, i cleared it pretty easily with a jp pug, something unimaginable on western servers

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It all depends on who you end up playing with, but there definitely are shitters, even on these here forums, that don't even understand the difference between clockwise and counterclockwise. I would honestly prefer to contract HIV than ever do Kings Fall with pubs again. Some of the raids aren't quite as complicated, but you can still end up with a group that somehow takes more than 2 hours to complete Crota (which should take like 45 minutes, tops.) The best advice I can give to someone coming into this game is to find a group of like minded bros that generally play around the same time, and roll with them. Especially if you're older like me, and have other responsibilities, and no longer have several hours to devote to raiding each week, it can't be overstated how valuable a solid crew that turns the raid into farm status within a couple weeks can be.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPbigZHWs-s

10/10 would preorder again

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna get that. Canceled WoW forever so I can binge this loving game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny 2 on PC: Exotic dancers and weapons collectors

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

would

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hot off the press, pc beta is August 28th to August 31 and min specs announced

CPU:
Min: i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350Ryzen R5 1600X
Rec: i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Min: GTX 660 2 GB or AMD HD 7850 2 GB
Rec: GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390

RAM
Min: 6 GB
Rec: 8 GB

AAB fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 27, 2017

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Bungie posted:

If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well:

Recommended
CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Minimum 
CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Bungie’s Event Machine 
CPU – Intel i7-7700k
GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

AAB posted:

CPU:
Min: i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350Ryzen R5 1600X
Rec: i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Min: GTX 660 2 GB or AMD HD 7850 2 GB
Rec: GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390

RAM
Min: 6 GB
Rec: 8 GB

I'm so glad I can count on consoles to be as current as a GPU released in 2012, loving lol

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

I'm so glad I can count on consoles to be as current as a GPU released in 2012, loving lol

The PS4 has roughly a 7850-ish GPU inside it. The Xbone is even worse.

What's funny is that they're lopsided toward GPU performance; their CPUs are comparatively weak.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The base requirements being so low bodes well for the quality of the port. Assuming they actually return playable frames.

Having already played the PS4 beta I think the only thing I'm really looking forward to in the PC beta is seeing what kind of frames I can push

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

AAB posted:

Hey, good timing, just paid for my PC copy! :buddy:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

He said, playing the beta a month late

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yuo: super salty/bitterly disappointed by surprise bad beta. sometimes just cry out irl
us: not an angry babby, expectations/specs managed, tranquil@60fps, fingergun strangers in the street

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm willing to wait for a quality release

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sadnessboner posted:

yuo: super salty/bitterly disappointed by surprise bad beta. sometimes just cry out irl
us: not an angry babby, expectations/specs managed, tranquil@60fps, fingergun strangers in the street

It's okay to be salty about bad decisions itpo, don't be a Bungie defense force soldier.

Enjoy playing the bad beta in a month

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Enjoy playing the bad beta in a month

Your red text sure is accurate. Also it pains me to know that you won't be able to post here again tonight, truly a tragedy...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

treiz01 posted:

Your red text sure is accurate. Also it pains me to know that you won't be able to post here again tonight, truly a tragedy...

It pains me too. Thankfully you'll still be a raging fountain of aspergers come tomorrow so we can all pick up where we left off.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm glad to see that both my computer and my cell phone can play this game at 60 FPS, what a wonderful time to be alive.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It pains me too. Thankfully you'll still be a raging fountain of aspergers come tomorrow so we can all pick up where we left off.

What are you, his mom? Let the boy fight his own battles.

Also there's gotta be something less overused you can call me.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the beta will be bad, because it's like what a single strike and then just bad pvp

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm gonna play this game both on my PlayStation 4 and on my Personal Computer

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

:hfive:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Thats .... 6 raids every week, counting you will make one character of each class in every platform. You can do a raid every day of the week, and in the 7th, rest.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i have not played the first destiny but i will probably buy this, the second destiny, on my pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I am interested to see how destiny 2 feels with KB + Mouse and will wait before I decide to buy this game on PC

• Locked thread