Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

TheAgent posted:

no one would play then

enjoy your dead, sober game

But how can you enjoy all the fidelity when your senses are not 100% online. Your mind needs to stay sharp to process all the revolutionary gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_Prv2MOg0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
pewpew95 is hilarious goddamn :lol:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

DISCLAIMER COMPILATION #1

I am going to be down voted for this but someone needs to say it. I love Star Citizen and it is ideally my dream game.
I still love this game, I applaud this ambition and i support their efforts
I've been a backer for years, still don't regret it.
As I said, I'm a pretty long time backer, I'm also a fan of their ambition and I don't regret backing at all, but as a backer I've got no qualms as a supporter of the game and its development
In my view, CR is not lying and not knowingly misleading the backers.

drat, reading reddit is so heartbreaking. I just cant decide if most of them are naive or just plain stupid. How can grown up people get fleeced like this?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Lladre posted:

I am also going to reveal something on the 22nd of August.

Stay tuned.

Same. None of you will ballieve it.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Mods please issue a pre-emptive probation on August 21, tia

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I guess end of august is gonna be a hairy business.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

AutismVaccine posted:

I guess end of august is gonna be a hairy business.

Its going to go as smooth as the demo CIG goes.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

:ohdear:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Some of the kickstarter comments...

Expected Result
I'm not angry I lost my money. I'm angry this game was not made.
It's dead, Jim.
They even took down their youtube channel. So there's that ... This project turned out to be an abject failiure.
I find it amusing that their paypal donation button still sure as heck works. It's the only thing that does. My guess is that they did cut and run - thus no official announcements etc. I doubt I'll fund another software project.
Everytime I look back at this - I just don't understand how they could have so much to show so early - and then achieve nothing or go backwards. What the hell went wrong? Did they cut and run?
Seems that way - nothings looking up - all signs point to a fail at best
Alright. We need to sue these assholes.
Perihelion Interactive LLC was probably a front for the Russian mob from the start.
Please, tell me we can have a refund on this! Had great expectations but apparently their team too!
Scam!
I just logged in to kickstarter after years. I cant believe I had forgotten that am funding this project since 2013 and it has not been delivered. Might as well shut it down at this point. Keep my pledge.
I would like a refund please.
Can you believe these jackasses stole almost a million dollars from us?
I consider my money lost though I still hope Bill Cosby is found innocent.
I wanna know where OUR money went!!!

Hey, do you have the quote and link to Batgirl's vid where Lesnick claimed to have played all the SQ42 missions?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's going to wear a fake beard and an eyepatch?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I'm part of the evocati, 3.0 just dropped and it is loving insane! Mining, subsumption... its all there! Incredible!!!! Now I know why they hid the build for so long....

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

/r/SC and Spectrum meltdown is great, but it's happened before, and nothing has came of it, yet.

At most, a bunch of people get pissed at the Gamescom presentation and bail. Most likely, they have a reasonably convincing bullshot reel like last year, just hang on, and grab enough new people.

Remember last year when they did the demo at Gamescom, pretty much everyone in this thread agreed it was total bullshit, but also agreed it was totally convincing enough that they sold it. Before the demo was even over, the thread consensus was that they pulled it off and got tons more funding.

They could pull the same off this year, but it'll be much more difficult.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Latin Pheonix posted:

I swear to god you're gonna give Pewpew95 an aneurism at 16 (i'm guessing that's his age, given his anger).

add 20-25 to that i bet

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Latin Pheonix posted:

I swear to god you're gonna give Pewpew95 an aneurism at 16 (i'm guessing that's his age, given his anger).

theres a 65 year old streamer who follows me around reddit calling me a troll and "little timmy'. Extremely insane.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Someone already has the "surprise ballsack" shtick on lock, so I hope that's not your big reveal.

nice av Beet. Immortalize that triumph.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

I'm catching up on the thread and this is the first good post in a while, aside from the promise of a smashing video detailing the rise and failings of SC

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Reddit, is a good place

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
With the latest Star Citizen delay, I've written an article about what this means, and why the worst is yet to come

Thanks to Quavers for the hilarious IRS form link :laffo::laffo::laffo:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

:D the momentous occasion seemed worth of commemorating.

e: I just informed Gumbo and DJ Seahorse that 3.0 got delayed again. He seemed alarmed. DJ Seahorse did not.

pet that dog

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

D_Smart posted:

With the latest Star Citizen delay, I've written an article about what this means, and why the worst is yet to come

Thanks for the update OSC

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qc894/the_sunk_cost_fallacy/?st=J5PKT2JB&sh=9dae37be

"Not related to SC"

Please do tell.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

I did the what now?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Please explain this to me, I need answers, I need them two weeks ago

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

lol, you can always tell how desperate the citizenry is getting by the number of flagged comments in the /refunds modqueue. Sorry to hear about the delay, commandos.

nice av commando o8

Also: more Kayak on stream please :)

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Corberts arrives at Gamescom, shortly after announcing that 3.0 will not be available for backers until mid-2018

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'd first put up a jpeg for it, charge $30 for it, then once money has been collected I'd [REDACTED]

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

D_Smart posted:

The Article posted:

So, remember back in Nov 2016 when I said sources told me that back in Aug 2016 when Roberts was touting 3.0, that it didn’t really exist in any form? Sure you do.

Remember that same month when I repeated the same thing after CitizenCon, ahead of Roberts’ “Dec 19th” release comment?

You also read my Dec 13th, 2016 update, three days ahead of the “3.0 release”, right?

And do you remember my first update of 2017 after 3.0 failed to materialize, and I reminded everyone that I was right the whole time? Yeah, you do.

Did you also read my follow-up Jan 2017 update about 3.0, as well as yet another interview with German’s #1 Star Citizen propaganda media outlet, GameStar, who had previously claimed that they “played 3.0”?

“First of all, we always have a decent amount of money in reserve, so if all support would collapse, we would not suddenly be incapacitated. We plan the scope of the development based on what arrives monthly by the people to support. I’m not worried, because even if no money came in, we would have sufficient funds to complete Squadron 42. The revenue from this could in-turn be used for the completion of Star Citizen.” – Chris Roberts, Feb 2017

Then in my Feb 2017 update, two months after not hearing about, nor a 3.0 release, I wrote about it being a pipe dream, and that SQ42 wasn’t even a thing anymore.

Then in my Apr 18th, 2017 update, a full EIGHT months after Roberts’ claimed 3.0 was going to be released on or before Dec 19th, 2016, the first 3.0 schedule was released. With an “aim date” release window to June 29th.

Then in my May 2017 update, I mentioned a major scoop regarding both SQ42 and the internal 3.0 dev schedule that goes all the way to 2021.

You write too many god drat blogs, Derek.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

I did the what now?

The unthinkable. Now you are immortalized in a blog.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sir this is a McDonald's drive through, we don't accept checks you Aussie oval office

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Mne nravitsya posted:

Corberts arrives at Gamescom, shortly after announcing that 3.0 will not be available for backers until mid-2018

:eyepoop:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

I dunno why moma and lazrin can't even accept one of the leaks as being accurate, even when they were proven later to be 100% (usually by something CIG showed themselves)

It's because you didn't publish them in a July blog, you amateur.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

You write too many god drat blogs, Derek.

Ha ha. If he didn't write all those blogs what is he to hotlink to on every discussion board on the internet hmmm?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

I wanted a mission, and for my $15k they gave me one.

:golfclap:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

I did the what now?

Sorry, it was Hydro-Cam who posted the IRS form.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Mne nravitsya posted:

New concept sale?!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha

This is wonderful

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Combat Theory posted:

me and my friends have gotten death threats from citizens when I still was a loving citizen. It's apparently like a way to say hello to people you don't like.

I say 'hello' to people i don't like. Keeps the fuckers guessing.

I like the animal inspirational death threats, they're great. One of the funnier early internet experiments was spamradio; a text-to-speech reading out a spam folder.

Citizen posts over ambient might work.

Edit: unironic use of nothingburger. Yup.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr.Tophat posted:

Please explain this to me, I need answers, I need them two weeks ago

Sarah palin and the republican party maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I'm getting worried that I might not be able to start my Santaball league this August. :ohdear: