Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man if Nintendo are looking at actually charging for online they better work on actually loving fixing their online.

Roller is now impossible to play because I am stuck with a good second of lag in every match as of yesterday, so everyone now knows where I am a second in advance and I can't hit anyone to save my life because they aren't where they are on my screen any longer.

It's not even letting me kill the person holding the rainmaker by rolling over them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Deltron 3030 posted:

You can do league at 15. Also I think level affects which items are offered in the shops, at least up to a certain point. Other than that, not really... Maybe factors in to matchmaking algorithms or some such

Can also get league unlocked if you get a B- rank, so level is even more irrelevant!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there any way to disable your character auto-turning if you turn the C-stick while moving?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any way to disable your character auto-turning if you turn the C-stick while moving?

Hold Y
e: at least while shooting.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sam Faust posted:

Now to never play tower control ever again.

Don't you mean one more to go? And then prestiging into S+n!

(I'm doing modes in waves, played everything to B- and ignored until all caught up. Now they're all A- and i'll ignore the second I get into S assuming I still can do it until they're all S)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I do kinda wish they hid rank because that bar also causes me distress when I keep losing.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The bar cracking after multiple losses is even more stressful :v:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I still love that Splatfests, an all important corner stone of Inkling society, is because they have a weird alter setup to a pre-squid human fax machine that seems to be reprinting market study group questions when it's old circuits for up correctly

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Crawfish posted:

Man if Nintendo are looking at actually charging for online they better work on actually loving fixing their online.

Roller is now impossible to play because I am stuck with a good second of lag in every match as of yesterday, so everyone now knows where I am a second in advance and I can't hit anyone to save my life because they aren't where they are on my screen any longer.

It's not even letting me kill the person holding the rainmaker by rolling over them anymore.

Uh that sounds like a you problem. I didn't even have it that bad in s1 with playing against Japan.

Also want to confirm the stage 19 scroll is some max bullshit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Okay, which one of these does "There haven't been very many people for awhile," mean?

A) Someone dropped during the game, so we aren't going to penalize you.
B) You've lost so many times in a row that the match maker broke.
C) Oh god, there's no one at A or S, we need to rank people up before our best players quit!

Because I still can't parse that sentence.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Not being penalized doesn't seem to be true in some cases. I've had the bar crack on me when that message displayed.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

leftist heap posted:

i'm glad we have splatfests to ensure that the splatoon 2 thread isn't free from the most tedious "debates" imaginable. future splatfest ideas: trains vs. airports, hotdogs: sandwich or not, best star trek captain, what's your favorite craft beer?
The whole point is having dumb discussions over poo poo. Relax.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Crawfish posted:

I uh, think you're internet might be bad

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zelder posted:

I uh, think you're internet might be bad

Weird. It was fine before last night and nothing has changed on my end that I know about.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

By the way, if you want to stack the same sub abilities on the same piece of gear, you're gonna have to do a lot of ability chunk farming. Yes the cost is 10 chunks, but that's only for the first ability. Any more increases the cost by 10 more, meaning that it takes 60 ability chunks to get a piece of gear with the same sub-abilities.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the rapid blaster. It feels like they made it better in this game. Did they actually change it or am i crazy?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Fetus posted:

By the way, if you want to stack the same sub abilities on the same piece of gear, you're gonna have to do a lot of ability chunk farming. Yes the cost is 10 chunks, but that's only for the first ability. Any more increases the cost by 10 more, meaning that it takes 60 ability chunks to get a piece of gear with the same sub-abilities.

Seems like the way to go would be to spread them around your 3 items then, have the same 3 sub abilities on all 3? 3x of each without having to pay for any penalties for stacking up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone give me a rundown on the tactical applications of the inkstorm in tower control and rainmaker.

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, which one of these does "There haven't been very many people for awhile," mean?

A) Someone dropped during the game, so we aren't going to penalize you.

Its this. No idea why it gives you such a weird message.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Don't get the point of this other than to be annoying. I just want 3 ink resist on my ninja squid jacket so my brush sets have one item I can equip to be good to go.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of not penalizing you, it would be nice if your fresh meter wouldn't drop or a meal ticket wouldn't get used up if your team was down a player and you lost.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its a bit ridiculous, 10 is already a lot of tokens to have to earn. A LOT, nintendo!

And that's just for one item. You spend the 60 on putting 3x of something in your jacket, you better never loving take that jacket off or change your style!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I like the rapid blaster. It feels like they made it better in this game. Did they actually change it or am i crazy?
I'm tearing up Ranked with it. Seems like you typically only need 3 indirects shots to kill someone, so it's not all that much worse than the normal blaster.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

mabels big day posted:

Probably, because it's real good in this one but it was crap in the first one

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a bit ridiculous, 10 is already a lot of tokens to have to earn. A LOT, nintendo!

And that's just for one item. You spend the 60 on putting 3x of something in your jacket, you better never loving take that jacket off or change your style!
You get tokens from Salmon run, and I forget what Super Snails will do in Splatfest. And you'll probably use coin boosts exclusively at cap, so money won't be an issue

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm tearing up Ranked with it. Seems like you typically only need 3 indirects shots to kill someone, so it's not all that much worse than the normal blaster.

I always get kind of miffed when somehow the person manages to sneak away between landing shot 2 and 3 (assuming you don't get a direct hit)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, which one of these does “There haven’t been very many people for awhile,” mean?

A) Someone dropped during the game, so we aren’t going to penalize you.
B) You’ve lost so many times in a row that the match maker broke.
C) Oh god, there’s no one at A or S, we need to rank people up before our best players quit!

Because I still can’t parse that sentence.

Speaking of nonsensical in-game copy I always marvel at the title of the menu at the end of a round. It’s "Results". Your options are "continue" or "exit". There are no results on the screen. There is no way to get results on the screen. Why the hell is the word "results" there??

(This is inconsequential as all hell, I know.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone give me a rundown on the tactical applications of the inkstorm in tower control and rainmaker.

Area denial is a big one. Inkstorm can be a massive pain to deal with under the right circumstances and can stop the enemy from pushing out or forces them to take a different route entirely. Slowing down your enemies in your ink and forcing them to repaint the area can be useful in a few situations, such as potentially distracting them if they try to repaint or go through the storm.

Inkstorm also applies a slow, but steady DOT on any enemy that's in it, so it'll make firefights easier for your team as a result. It could also be used as a last resort to stop the enemy from making their final push, though don't expect the Inkstorm itself to grant results in most cases. It tips the scales in your favor but can't really be used to make super big plays in most cases.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 30, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

You get tokens from Salmon run, and I forget what Super Snails will do in Splatfest. And you'll probably use coin boosts exclusively at cap, so money won't be an issue

Super snails let you add extra slots to things that don't have em, but they may have other purposes I guess.

Didn't say anything about money so dunno where that came from.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

When do we get to start rolling on stuff anyway? Guess after next weekend when everyone get snails.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

When do we get to start rolling on stuff anyway? Guess after next weekend when everyone get snails.

You can roll now? You just can't expand slots yet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The problem is you get tons of chunks you don't need so its hard to accumulate enough of the chunks for stuff you want. I've used ink resistance boosters a ton while farming chunks and only have like, 11 of them. Meanwhile I have like 20 cold-blooded chunks without even trying to get those.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

The problem is you get tons of chunks you don't need so its hard to accumulate enough of the chunks for stuff you want. I've used ink resistance boosters a ton while farming chunks and only have like, 11 of them. Meanwhile I have like 20 cold-blooded chunks without even trying to get those.

Exactly. There's sooooo many categories, and even with a drink you still end up getting other ones sometimes. So you end up having to do massive grinding just to get 10 of something you want, much less 20 or 30.

I guess once you get 10 of something you'll have 10 of most things so that's cool... but not really.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do we have info on what the brands tend to produce for abilities, or if that's even still a thing?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Super snails let you add extra slots to things that don't have em, but they may have other purposes I guess.

Didn't say anything about money so dunno where that came from.
I thought by 60 you meant scrubbing a full set of gear (60k)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I thought by 60 you meant scrubbing a full set of gear (60k)

Guy I was responding to :

Dr. Fetus posted:

Guess I shoulda quoted :v: it was like 2 posts up so I thought the context was clear

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you can save ability chunks by spreading your abilities out across gear pieces, so like putting 1 ink resist on your hat shirt and shoes

makes your loadout a little less flexible though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

you can save ability chunks by spreading your abilities out across gear pieces, so like putting 1 ink resist on your hat shirt and shoes

makes your loadout a little less flexible though

Yepyep

Zaphod42 posted:

Seems like the way to go would be to spread them around your 3 items then, have the same 3 sub abilities on all 3? 3x of each without having to pay for any penalties for stacking up.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you hit reroll/add slots he says no so idk what you're talking about

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zaphod42 posted:

Exactly. There's sooooo many categories, and even with a drink you still end up getting other ones sometimes. So you end up having to do massive grinding just to get 10 of something you want, much less 20 or 30.

I guess once you get 10 of something you'll have 10 of most things so that's cool... but not really.

It'd be a lot less annoying if drink tickers were general-purpose and not tied to one specific ability. As it stands to get a drink boost you have what, a 1/15 or so chance to get a ticket for the drink you actually want? And that's 20 matches of maybe getting the gear you want? Its a crapshot.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

If you hit reroll/add slots he says no so idk what you're talking about

You can't add slots right now.

You can strip slots and insert slots. ("scrub slots" and "use ability chunks")

Re-roll is the new thing I guess which also requires sea snails so you can't do that yet.

Sorry I thought you meant grinding chunks and inserting them, but if you mean specifically re-rolling (whatever that entails) then no you can't do that. But you don't need that to use chunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Okay the mines are hilarious on Moray Towers. I just put one near the rail at mid and kill everyone who tries to go up