Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If you only buy digital you can never lick the carts. Clearly missing out on a Switch feature

I'd like to remind the thread that when Splatoon 2 came out there was several pages of "The eShop is hosed because everyone's trying to download it, what do?! :f5:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does any USB Ethernet adapter still work with the dock? I read something when the latest system update came out that some of them stopped working, and I'd rather not pay $30 for the Hori one if possible.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

enojy posted:

Does any USB Ethernet adapter still work with the dock? I read something when the latest system update came out that some of them stopped working, and I'd rather not pay $30 for the Hori one if possible.

Ethernet adapters have been hit or miss since the Wii U. You might want to just bite the bullet and order Nintendo's from their web site.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

enojy posted:

I have this one. Works fine.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

enojy posted:

I have this one which works and explicitly supports the Switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBD2X5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Sonic Mania comes out on all consoles including the Switch on the 15th. At $20 I'm gonna be getting that for sure

edit: In case anyone forgot Mania is the 2d genesis-like title, not the 3d one that's probably going to be bad

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd like to remind the thread that when Splatoon 2 came out there was several pages of "The eShop is hosed because everyone's trying to download it, what do?! :f5:"

For a whole hour before it calmed down. The horror of waiting

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LethalGeek posted:

For a whole hour before it calmed down. The horror of waiting

And it's possible that Nintendo will implement preloading for digital games. That would take the pressure off

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Rocket League when

I like Rocket League a lot on PS4. I am kinda confused why I am excited about it coming to Switch besides playing it portably. Oh well.

Also confused by my desire for a physical release of Rocket League. Maybe I have been sucked into a cult of materialism where I stockpile video games I never play in hopes that when I die I leave a bad rear end loot drop for my nephews or children I wish I had.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

And it's possible that Nintendo will implement preloading for digital games. That would take the pressure off

Does the switch not have that? Major releases on Wii U and 3DS have preloads.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Imagined posted:

I have this one. Works fine.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure any old adapter did the trick.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

jivjov posted:

Does the switch not have that? Major releases on Wii U and 3DS have preloads.

It sadly does not. The great Splatoon 2 jam could have been prevented if it did.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Sonic Mania comes out on all consoles including the Switch on the 15th. At $20 I'm gonna be getting that for sure

edit: In case anyone forgot Mania is the 2d genesis-like title, not the 3d one that's probably going to be bad

I did not forget. Never forget. Sonic Mania is one of the reasons I got a Switch.

It's gonna own.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

eShop unfucked itself and i got Splat2n. Having a loving blast. And it was €5 cheaper than the physical game so eat it, card buyers.

Team Mayo for president.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I'm bad at Fatal Fury and I want to throw my Switch. The perils of portability.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

eShop unfucked itself and i got Splat2n. Having a loving blast. And it was €5 cheaper than the physical game so eat it, card buyers.

Team Mayo for president.

I paid $35 for physical v:shobon:v

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I almost purchased infinite mini golf I'm so starved for something to play on my Switch. Lord give me strength.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Team Mayo for president.

I appreciate a bit of mayo but holy poo poo, no.

Emperor of the Universe, Lord Ketchup.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

This is why I cannot play splatoon, because I dislike both.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Next Splatfest should be Skub vs Anti-Skub

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PRO SKUB

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Feenix posted:

I appreciate a bit of mayo but holy poo poo, no.

Emperor of the Universe, Lord Ketchup.

I'm so sorry you picked the wrong side. It's a shame you can't change sides and fix your terrible mistake.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I'm so sorry you picked the wrong side. It's a shame you can't change sides and fix your terrible mistake.

Splatfest choice/username combo.

;)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm an autist with real picky eating problems so I feel I shouldn't have anything personal against mayo, but what the hey, everyone loves octopus Rihanna. Squid Yolandi will have her day, I'm sure.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Mania is gonna be digital only, isn't it? Was hoping for that sweet GCU discount.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Bought some neon red joy cons finally. Now the question is which joy con shell should I purchase, power A or charge grip?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Whoa, woke my Switch from sleep with the Pro controller resting on my coffee table for the first time. This is a Must Do in line with licking a cartridge.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Mania is gonna be digital only, isn't it? Was hoping for that sweet GCU discount.
Unless you shell out for the Collector's Edition, of course.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That comes with a code in the box so it's still digital.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

enojy posted:

Whoa, woke my Switch from sleep with the Pro controller resting on my coffee table for the first time. This is a Must Do in line with licking a cartridge.

What did you do before? I even do that with my PC for games.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What did you do before? I even do that with my PC for games.

Oh no, I've always done that, just with the controller in hand. On the table, it makes this satisfying HD Rumble kerplunk sound that almost sounds as if it came from the Switch itself.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I had a little party and Overcooked was a huge hit. It started as a bunch of awful disasters and eventually turned into some well running kitchens by the end of the night. It's also probably one of the funniest games ever to watch other people play.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

inferis posted:

I encourage all splatoon players to turn off motion controls so I can get more easy kills

A few pages back but :same:
lmao at all the motion control cryposting

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

EpicNemesis posted:

Bought some neon red joy cons finally. Now the question is which joy con shell should I purchase, power A or charge grip?

I got Fast Snail, the top ones on Amazon, and they work great.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Been playing more Overcooked 2 player. We are syncing up and 3 star targets in earlier levels that once seemed impossible are now being smashed with ease.

Also haven't come to blows yet but who knows how that'll go. "I need mushrooms please!" may soon turn into "FUCKIN GIVE ME THE FOOD YOU TWAT"

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I almost purchased infinite mini golf I'm so starved for something to play on my Switch. Lord give me strength.
Play Splatoon you fuckin nerd rear end bitch.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

raditts posted:

I got Fast Snail, the top ones on Amazon, and they work great.

I meant a shell for both to be used as a traditional controller but those are pretty slick too.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I panicked and bought Qbics Paint off the eShop because I saw the screenshots and thought is was a Picross 3D type game.

Don't make the same mistake as me. :(

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm getting on a 10 hour fight tomorrow, and folks, I'm extremely relieved to be an owner of a Switch by Nintendo that I have loaded with a digital library chock full of amazing content. It's a great console, a great time to be alive, and a great time to be a gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

raditts posted:

A few pages back but :same:
lmao at all the motion control cryposting

The best ones are the ones where they also complain about not being able to rank up because their teammates are all idiots.

• Locked thread