Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do we have info on what the brands tend to produce for abilities, or if that's even still a thing?

The page I have bookmarked is this: https://rankedboost.com/splatoon-2/abilities/
Seems consistent with what I've seen on the splatnet shop.

Related to that, I also have this page: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/27251-splatoon-2-all-gears.html

Lists all the normal abilities for every piece of gear for people like me who obsessively checks everything on Annie's shop to see if it's a good deal or not.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm not sure why they made it so hard to get specific sub-abilities, let alone the same sub-abilities on a piece of gear. From what people have tested, it's like in Splatoon 1 where each sub-ability is 3/10ths as effective as a main ability. Combined with the diminishing returns system, there are already enough systems in place to encourage diversifying your abilities. So that really does seem like a bit much.

And it's not like most main abilities has that much of a lasting impact. Really, the only one I would say that's definitely a considerable step up from not having it is Ninja Squid when using certain weapon types that really benefit from it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 30, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Its this. No idea why it gives you such a weird message.

It's a throwback to lovely video game translations!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Gorp posted:

Brushes are the medics of salmon run. They can escape no matter how inked the map is and get to dead teammates fast.

Brushes can still be used like Rollers and plow through Salmonids.

A big part of the bad loadouts in Salmon Run is people aren't remembering you're part of a team. You can like and be great with all those various weapons, but you gotta remember that 3/4's of the time you aren't the one holding them. And now you've got someone who can't manage for poo poo with a Charger getting swamped and leading to a complete wipe. Again.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I was the last one alive on high tide round three with a full basket and seconds to go. I could have easily escaped the oncoming horde of salmonids with my ink jet but I didn't press the button properly and walked directly into the water

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Going up against a team full of those missiles Super is really infuriating.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'd kill everyone in this thread for retro specs with a better ability than quick respawn

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Same! Quick respawn is totally useless to me. :smug:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Same! Quick respawn is totally useless to me. :smug:

Gearing for quick respawn is gearing for failure!

Same with respawn punisher

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Night Blade posted:

It's a throwback to lovely video game translations!

You know a game has a good soundtrack when just looking at a screenshot means you start hearing it

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I really wish Nintendo either punished rage quitters a lot harder or had a "your internet sucks balls" meter that wouldn't let people play. The amount of people I've seen drop tonight from Turf war was ridiculous. I had it happen for a ton of fights every other fight I fought. It's stupid because there's almost no way to win when it happens. There needs to be some kind of buff when you're 3 on 4.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Ironically Nintendo already has a way of punishing people's internet sucking balls without dealing with rage quitters: chargers

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Gimbal lock posted:

Ironically Nintendo already has a way of punishing people's internet sucking balls without dealing with rage quitters: chargers

I said turf war. Do you honestly think the majority of people who play this game are good with chargers?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of chargers, man oh man I have no idea what to do with my ability slots behind quick ink recharge.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I'm partial to bomb protection

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm partial to bomb protection

Yeah, it's nice to have some anti-harassment.

I'm not sure if I'll be sticking with the Splatterscope or switching to the Firefin. I really can't stand the Stingray for turfwars, which is almost all I play, but changing guns means giving up the Splatbomb, which is amazing and has been my companion weapon since Splatoon 1.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried using burst bombs on the tri slosher and they're actually really nice since it's a strong ranged attack that goes over cover. It ain't an instant kill but it can drive people off or support others. Also great for throwing ahead during the initial rush off the spawn.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Lost a game of Salmon Run where on the 3rd wave where there were SWARMS of golden eggs right next to the basket. We lost because I died at the last second and couldn't get the eggs in, despite one teammate being right next to me and refusing to revive me or grab the eggs, even though there were no Salmonids right next to them. How do people like that even end up at Overachiever? That should have been one of the easiest wins.

I'm really gonna miss this weapon rotation, it's a really good one... if your team knows what they're doing.

Wrong place:

Getting closer...

Found him!

Blessed post.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm a bit confused. Splatfest is supposed to give you a rank and title, right? And it turns Regular Battle into Splat Battle? I thought it was going on right now, but I don't seem to see any of those things.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Atoramos posted:

I'm a bit confused. Splatfest is supposed to give you a rank and title, right? And it turns Regular Battle into Splat Battle? I thought it was going on right now, but I don't seem to see any of those things.

Splatfest starts August 4, 9PM PST. (US)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

less than three posted:

Splatfest starts August 4.

oh jfc. We have the shirts that long? That's crazy.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Atoramos posted:

oh jfc. We have the shirts that long? That's crazy.

Use the shirt! You can scrub chunks off it for 2000 instead of the normal 20000.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

The Black Stones posted:

I really wish Nintendo either punished rage quitters a lot harder or had a "your internet sucks balls" meter that wouldn't let people play. The amount of people I've seen drop tonight from Turf war was ridiculous. I had it happen for a ton of fights every other fight I fought. It's stupid because there's almost no way to win when it happens. There needs to be some kind of buff when you're 3 on 4.

I agree with the buff thing but the amount of times this game has disconnected me is a lot higher than my experience with other action-y games. One time it went ahead and dropped me into an empty match, too

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zelder posted:

Gearing for quick respawn is gearing for failure!

Same with respawn punisher
I was so disappointed when I read what Punisher actually did. I thought it'd be a high risk/reward ability that increased respawn times for people YOU splatted, but you'd suffer the same whenever you died.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Please don't

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zeruel posted:

Please don't

I can't even tell what's going on there but a big :discourse: to that Walugi render in the square.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Based on the art drawn for this Splatfest, the winner is apparently going to be Marina's tits.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm not sure why they made it so hard to get specific sub-abilities, let alone the same sub-abilities on a piece of gear. From what people have tested, it's like in Splatoon 1 where each sub-ability is 3/10ths as effective as a main ability. Combined with the diminishing returns system, there are already enough systems in place to encourage diversifying your abilities. So that really does seem like a bit much.

And it's not like most main abilities has that much of a lasting impact. Really, the only one I would say that's definitely a considerable step up from not having it is Ninja Squid when using certain weapon types that really benefit from it.

I think it's insane that people are considering perfect sets specific for each of their individual weapons with how grindy it is. I'm planning just to have a Comeback hat, Ninja Squid t-shirt, and maybe 3 different sneakers (finally found a compromise between min/maxing and freshness).

I was doing the "level 1 ability on the splatfest tee, scrub, repeat" thing all night and I only have 10+ chunks in one ability

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Pants Donkey posted:

I was so disappointed when I read what Punisher actually did. I thought it'd be a high risk/reward ability that increased respawn times for people YOU splatted, but you'd suffer the same whenever you died.

The ability text is incorrect - Respawn Punishser actually increases the respawn of people you kill rather than vice versa.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

The ability text is incorrect - Respawn Punishser actually increases the respawn of people you kill rather than vice versa.

I thought it increased the spawn times of both the wearer and the person splatted.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I thought it increased the spawn times of both the wearer and the person splatted.

Yeah, it does. The ability text is incorrect because it says it increases the respawn time of the people who kill you as well as yourself. It actually increases the respawn time for anyone you kill, and you when you die, but has no effect on the people who kill you. So it's actually awesome if you go on a rampage and don't die.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What causes me to bounce off of someone with a roller instead of splatting them when I run into them? Ink armour? Bad connection? Because it happened to me several times yesterday and it was infuriating to get the drop on someone and roll into them, only to bounce off and instantly eat a faceful of paint when they turned around.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Frankston posted:

What causes me to bounce off of someone with a roller instead of splatting them when I run into them? Ink armour? Bad connection? Because it happened to me several times yesterday and it was infuriating to get the drop on someone and roll into them, only to bounce off and instantly eat a faceful of paint when they turned around.

Ink armor does this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

Also if you're using the Carbon Roller.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you didn't do enough damage (Some rollers can't one shot unless you're running at max speed) that'll happen. Or they had Ink Armor, which lets them shrug off any hit, no matter how much damage it does.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ok, cool. Don't mind so much if it's an intended feature.

In other news, I just realised you can super jump from anywhere on the map. I thought it was something you could only do from spawn. :cripes:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Nintendo delete the Aerospray.

Beezel
Mar 13, 2015

The Deleter posted:

I don't mind it existing I just hate how much of a crutch it is in early Turf War and it teaches a lot of lovely habits that they take into ranked.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Beezel posted:

I don't mind it existing I just hate how much of a crutch it is in early Turf War and it teaches a lot of lovely habits that they take into ranked.

This is my problem with team games. My general misanthropy is all in favor of people not learning things so I have an easier time, but then they end up on my team.
Aerospray is frankly fine, people who use it in ranked probably wouldn't have been able to do anything without it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Leave it in so I can win every splatfest match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Alright I'm new to this game and I'm not keeping up with this thread like at all. Sorry. Here's my question.

Stealth jump seems real good. Is it real good or should I use the slot for something else?