Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Woodley shows us that violence isn't the answer. Commendable.

God's Son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Dj and woodley are the greatest champions in the sport and look where they are smh sad to say

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

Current goat is the discussion at hand, I think

Gopt?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yeah I just realised the irony in what I posted.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

GSP lost to Fat Serra, Anderson lost to Fat Serra's protege, who then went on to be a joke like fat serra. MM and Jones haven't lost their belts in the ring and consistently fight the best opponents in their weight class.

mm ducked the best opponent available to him recently

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
mm actually fought the most dangerous opponent available to him at the time. of tj dillashaw and dana white only one has career ending power and despite not being on a poster which literally didn't matter i consider it a ud for the still undefeated flyweight champ. can't wait til he fucks up garbrandt.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Memento posted:

Current goat is the discussion at hand, I think

Greatest of All Time

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dangersim posted:

Greatest of All Time

Memento posted:

Yeah I just realised the irony in what I posted.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
it goes jones, anderson, gsp, probably holloway or mcgregor if one of them defends a belt a couple of times.

nobody, and I mean nobody, gives a flying gently caress about demetrious johnson you know it and I know it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bubba Smith posted:

it goes jones, anderson, gsp, probably holloway or mcgregor if one of them defends a belt a couple of times.

nobody, and I mean nobody, gives a flying gently caress about demetrious johnson you know it and I know it.

I care about DJ :smith: and so does Matt Hume

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Bubba Smith posted:

this isnt a popularity contest mother fucker!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Lol @ putting Anderson and Jones - kings of the worst divisions at their lowest points, above gsp.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Marching Powder posted:

Lol @ putting Anderson and Jones - kings of the worst divisions at their lowest points, above gsp.

GSP was all grease no talent

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Google Butt posted:

this isnt a popularity contest mother fucker!

What is it then because I'm pretty sure DJ is the 400th-ish of all time if its a contest of these guys fighting each other.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This discussion where I explain why a 120 pound man who looks like a baby is the strongest fighter in history is NOT a popularity contest, to be decided by web forum posts and articles on deadspin dot com. I think a man who weighs as much as a baby horse or instagram butt model would have beat up chuck lidell.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Work Friend Keven posted:

This discussion where I explain why a 120 pound man who looks like a baby is the strongest fighter in history is NOT a popularity contest, to be decided by web forum posts and articles on deadspin dot com. I think a man who weighs as much as a baby horse or instagram butt model would have beat up chuck lidell.

racist

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BlindSite posted:

Along the lines of: that man dc was a great champion and a true champion not just in the sport but in life without him driving me I couldn't have come back as the best version of myself etc.

It sounded scincere anyway.

iirc this part was Cruz on the desk after the DC interview.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bubba Smith posted:

Cain Velasquez could beat all of these guys, so no.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

bah!

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Byolante posted:

GSP was all grease no talent

With GSP looking to come back, it's nice to get this reminder that he, like all others before and since him, was always bad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Cain Velasquez sucks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hey Any interest in 20 minute podcasts where I asmr whisper my opinions on various fighters

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Along the lines of: that man dc was a great champion and a true champion not just in the sport but in life without him driving me I couldn't have come back as the best version of myself etc.

It sounded scincere anyway.

Haha, haha ha ahhahahahah.

loving Jones.

Skip My Posts posted:

mm ducked the best opponent available to him recently

He also volunteered to fight someone better than that guy.

Marching Powder posted:

There are also people who seriously think that only UFC schills don't believe Fedor is the best. Luckily, none of them are here.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chichevache posted:

We're talking about fighters, not real estate magnates, sorry. Maybe there's a thread in Business, Finance and Careers that could help you out with your Cain Velasquez questions.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Power of Pecota posted:

iirc this part was Cruz on the desk after the DC interview.

Cruz's take on Jones' tone was definitely a bit of projection, imo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i agree w/ both of them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She'd gently caress him up in the cage too imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

He also volunteered to fight someone better than that guy.

nah that fight wasnt available, he was booked against the guy mm ducked and then pulled out injured

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

nah that fight wasnt available, he was booked against the guy mm ducked and then pulled out injured

Actually, the fight against an undefeated current belt holder was, apparently, unpromotable, but a fight with a guy who recently lost that belt was a big money fight that MM was a fool to turn down. All according to Dana White, who morphed into a paradigm of truth and honesty at some point.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah actually you just made all that up and took mm's whining at face value

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey Any interest in 20 minute podcasts where I asmr whisper my opinions on various fighters

Yes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDI67BNvBs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus, poor bastard is completely out of it.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

nah actually you just made all that up and took mm's whining at face value

It makes more sense than taking Dana Frederick White's whining at face value.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fact is mm ducked the tough fight. Dana's right

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Boooooo cutting the audio boooooo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

chaleski posted:

That's true, but when he whines about not being liked or pushed more despite being literally the most boring champ in history he can gently caress off

Also he started to pop off a bit in the 2nd round and opening up a bit and tricked me into thinking that he might actually put on a fun fight but nope, he went right back to his usual self

I agree though. I got super bored but the more I think about his last handful of fights the more I appreciate what he's doing. It gets dull after a round but I think the hate from Dana and friends is really dumb if understandable. Business is business. It reminds me of poo poo like the NBA trying to punish the Spurs for making boring tactical decisions that have kept them winning for a billion years. There's an element of the Tyron style that is fun to watch because no one is imposing their will on him.

I'm... a Woodley fan????? Is he problematic as a person or anything like that or is he a nice muscle boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Fact is mm ducked the tough fight.

This is stupid.

• Locked thread