Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

TheMaestroso posted:

Just checked it, and it still works. When you hold the ball and watch the ring, take note of its size before and after an attack. It stays the same size, which means it doesn't change during the attack animation. Even checked letting go and throwing during the attack.

I think I mixed it up with some reddit post saying that it stays the same even without waiting for an attack. But yeah, waiting until the pokemon attacks and throwing right after into the pre-attack target circle is the best way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I think I mixed it up with some reddit post saying that it stays the same even without waiting for an attack. But yeah, waiting until the pokemon attacks and throwing right after into the pre-attack target circle is the best way!

Yeah, whoever said that it works outside of attack animation is dead wrong.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

whoa, forcing GPU rendering made a huge improvement. highly recommended

right on :hf:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Bread Liar
Went to an organized 12 person Articuno raid and it ran after 13 attempts. Game loving sucks, eat rear end, game.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery
Midtown Manhattan / Central Park is insane, raids feel like they're solo because you don't even really have to check if there's enough people, you just jump in and between the crowds of players and spoofers it's a breeze. I did four in a row and each one took a couple minutes total, no waiting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Went to an organized 12 person Articuno raid and it ran after 13 attempts. Game loving sucks, eat rear end, game.

13 attempts? :eyepop: I don’t think I’ve managed to get 8 balls for an attempt.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, I've averaged 8 overall. Even when I do solo raids I only get 11 :shrug:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

People just act way too rushed when catching the legendaries. Like the whole group will be ready to move on to the next raid while I still have 5+ balls to throw.

There's literally no time limit on the catching part so just try to use as much time as possible to make sure you actually land your curved throws.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Everyone walks or caravans away from raids while I'm hanging out on like the second throw. Which amusingly means the second group of people only come over because they think I'm the first there. Then they form their own group while I am still there... well I caught it twice out of 8 times :unsmith:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Someone posted on the Silph Road subreddit that Moltres showed up somewhere in Washington state a little while ago. Just a matter of time before it appears everywhere, I guess!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Bread Liar

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Team gym control + team contribution control + base balls given = 13 max attemps

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's probably at my Target.

Oh, no, he's in Bellevue. A bit north of my Target.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Louisgod posted:

Team gym control + team contribution control + base balls given = 13 max attemps

The gym control thing seems buggy to me - multiple times yesterday it gave me zero extras. Unless it's supposed to only give you a bonus if every single person in the raid matches the gym?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TheMaestroso posted:

Someone posted on the Silph Road subreddit that Moltres showed up somewhere in Washington state a little while ago. Just a matter of time before it appears everywhere, I guess!

from what I know, Niantic has an office in Bellevue (where this is) so I'm guessing they're actually testing before the changeover time. Probably start spawning globally in 3 hours just like nest rotations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Spawning a fire legendary at Water, Sweet Water. Pottery.

New Articuno raid just popped up q:sigh:

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 31, 2017

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

The New York Times posted:

Midtown Manhattan / Central Park is insane, raids feel like they're solo because you don't even really have to check if there's enough people, you just jump in and between the crowds of players and spoofers it's a breeze. I did four in a row and each one took a couple minutes total, no waiting.

Why didn't I think about this. I went to Times Square today because I want a new Lugia (mine sucks) and GPS drift was killing me. I also failed to catch the Lugia.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Supposedly the Moltres change is as 5PM PDT which is still like 2 hours away? People were saying it was gonna be 1AM our time which doesn't even matter because raids won't be up til tomorrow morning anyway.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I am enjoying living in a small town in the middle of nowhere with a population of gently caress now more than ever. Can't wait to be on the receiving end of hearing about how cool your moltres' are guys!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Bread Liar

TheMaestroso posted:

The gym control thing seems buggy to me - multiple times yesterday it gave me zero extras. Unless it's supposed to only give you a bonus if every single person in the raid matches the gym?

I just got back from another Articuno raid (CAUGHT IT) and yeah, the gym control bonus didn't work despite Mystic owning the gym. So dumb it's spotty.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Space T Rex posted:

I am enjoying living in a small town in the middle of nowhere with a population of gently caress now more than ever. Can't wait to be on the receiving end of hearing about how cool your moltres' are guys!
Check Facebook for groups. I have no idea where you live obviously, but there might be something, even if it's a town or two over.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gym control always works against me since I always end up with a bunch of mystics at raid.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

shyduck posted:

Check Facebook for groups. I have no idea where you live obviously, but there might be something, even if it's a town or two over.

One was finally made apparently due to this whole legendary thing, we had 14 people for a lugia raid and failed to even beat it due to network problems. Im having fun.

E:Also why are premier balls given out based on how much your team contributed? That's how it is right? Cause we had like 1 person there on mystic who got way less balls then everyone else on valor/instinct. That's pretty unfair. Meanwhile my phone crashed on "GO" on a gengar raid so I did literally 0 damage and still got more premier balls than others??

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 31, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got my 2nd Lugia after work today. Moltres getting announced today got people out in force. There were 3 full groups for the 2 lugia spawns at the park by where I live.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Space T Rex posted:

they seriously need one hour windows with 48 hour notices for legendaries so people can actually plan ahead and go get them. it's difficult in burbs too because there's so many legendaries just going to a random spot you'll be solo every time unless you coordinate outside of games.

all this group bullshit is why I've focused solely on beating level 3s solo. I might try to see if my Kindle fire tablet can handle pogo and put my alt on that, share wifi and have him help. best case eventually me/wife/alt can take down ttars. gently caress grouping up when I have a toddler to deal with.

even worse the densest places (Chicago's loop, times square etc) have such horrible drift and crashing issues it's not worth raiding there either due to the frustration.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Gym control is based on the last 24 hours, not current ownership

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Dr Tran posted:

Gym control is based on the last 24 hours, not current ownership

Sounds like a great hoser for minority teams.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I had my first spoofer battle last night. I took the dog out for a late night stroll, and knocked over the closest gym, just after midnight. I put my Mon in the gym, and just as I was walking off, I got a "your dude needs attention" message. I pulled up the gym, and my guy was already at half health. Nobody was around either, so unless there was someone wearing a ghillie suit in the bushes, I had a spoofer on my hands. He kicked out my guy and reclaimed the gym. So I knocked him out, and took it back. Rinse and repeat. After the 3rd time of me kicking his guy out, he spoofed off elsewhere.

I noticed his name on a few different gyms around me. Is there anything to be done about this, or is there no point, because lol Niantic?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Space T Rex posted:

One was finally made apparently due to this whole legendary thing, we had 14 people for a lugia raid and failed to even beat it due to network problems. Im having fun.

E:Also why are premier balls given out based on how much your team contributed? That's how it is right? Cause we had like 1 person there on mystic who got way less balls then everyone else on valor/instinct. That's pretty unfair. Meanwhile my phone crashed on "GO" on a gengar raid so I did literally 0 damage and still got more premier balls than others??
There is also an individual damage contribution bonus, you can get up to +3 balls from that.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I noticed his name on a few different gyms around me. Is there anything to be done about this, or is there no point, because lol Niantic?
I report them ("Report critical issue" option) but I have no idea if it helps.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

The Zombie Guy posted:

If they have any plans to deal with spoofers, they have yet to make that public. They get plenty of purchases from spoofers, so who knows if Niantic even wants to deal with them.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

snackcakes posted:

Why didn't I think about this. I went to Times Square today because I want a new Lugia (mine sucks) and GPS drift was killing me. I also failed to catch the Lugia.

I'm sure the weekend was best but on a nice day like today I bet there were tons of people in Central Park. I met a few nice tourists too :) Really it's amazing though it just feels like free wins.

But as far as the special balls go I get reamed for being instinct here, usually no more than six balls at a time.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hey there's fire burds in Tacoma now. Go hog wild.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/892162933173702657

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

unless you live on the east coast

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Thanks Target, I was shopping for Diet Coke and he appears on the junk gym I tossed a Porygon in... :yeah:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm driving home, and see a group of people at a small town spot that I know is a gym. Pull over, they've already beat Moltres, of course. No other raids in the area. I'm kind of sick of the raid system.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

Thanks Target, I was shopping for Diet Coke and he appears on the junk gym I tossed a Porygon in... :yeah:

What's the IV on that fire chicken?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

KidDynamite posted:

What's the IV on that fire chicken?

It says it's a Wonder with best stat HP and she's impressed by my stats. I tried a mobile page for IV calculation but it kept erroring out. Rude. I haven't leveled it at all in that photo. He big.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

had 16 escapes in a row tonight, whee

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hauki posted:

had 16 escapes in a row tonight, whee

sounds like you need more skill : smugdog;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Today was a great day.
Went 2/2 Articuno during the day.
Then Moltres comes out and went 3/4, 86% was the best.
The finished going 1/1 on a Lugia.

• Locked thread